Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Joel

Patch V207.999 FeedBack

Recommended Posts

Really need to a find a way so that settlers can use this system as it stand

-Crew gold payment and food can now be done via your Company's claim flag. Crew that are on an island or on a fully anchored ship within Settlement range are eligible. Berries are the only food that can be used in the claim flag (there is a greatly extended spoil timer on berries in a claim flag for further QoL). Crew will still seek out payment and food from nearby food larders and payment boxes and if there are none nearby or they are empty, they will take from the claim flag.

This is great but it doesn't help settlers in anyway as it is its so much more worth paying for an island upkeep than having to go tower to tower larder to larder just so your base can a have a chance at defending itself. This is a Huuge QOL change that i believe should affect everyone especially settlers since being a settler is about being a smaller company with less resources than everyone else. they should solve this problem soon because as it stand im much better off moving to my own island only problem with that is that i am a very small company and the base and harbor we have now took a really long time to build and i would like to continue living there. my 2 cents on this almost perfect patch update.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 so the islands owners have a easier time now just dump gold and food into flag and done , while settlers still have to run around making sure crew are within range of larders and resources chests and checking regularly to make sure they are stocked up , once again island owners are favored against smaller / solo players, 

Edited by UDO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are aware this doesn't resolve the problem for people who don't live own claimed land (settlers and lawlessfolk 😉) and we are actively looking into a way in which we can do so. There have been some great ideas shared in regards to improving this system, and we appreciate the feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

We are aware this doesn't resolve the problem for people who don't live own claimed land (settlers and lawlessfolk 😉) and we are actively looking into a way in which we can do so. There have been some great ideas shared in regards to improving this system, and we appreciate the feedback.

@JatheishPotential solution/idea regarding that, rather than a claim flag dealing with the issue. Structures such as similar to a Tax bank, like for example a "Island Headquarters Building" that could perform the gold upkeep tasks for a single island, and an "Island Cantina" structure that can perform the food related tasks for the island, for the company that owns them.

Each company on an island would have to have their own, and would elimate the flag issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

@JatheishPotential solution/idea regarding that, rather than a claim flag dealing with the issue. Structures such as similar to a Tax bank, like for example a "Island Headquarters Building" that could perform the gold upkeep tasks for a single island, and an "Island Cantina" structure that can perform the food related tasks for the island, for the company that owns them.

Each company on an island would have to have their own, and would elimate the flag issue.

one of the better ideas for a solution , alternativley could even just be  a flag settlers place so  they can put there up keep resources into it, also would allow us to have our identity displayed in the base ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That really is a huge QoL Change 😄 would like it for our settlers aswell,as we Provide them with swivel guns And such to keep their tames Save 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking about throw the towel. But you made my day. The nightmare of naming NPCs, excel sheets with NPC location, having to port to a ship with NPCs mutinied. leveling food stat to NPC for survive and splitting the gold. They days of bringing gold to a mountain using a climbing pick, or opening 5 doors to introduce gold in a layered stash are finally over. A incentive to live in islands over lawless.

Edited by Emanuel a

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We are aware this doesn't resolve the problem for people who don't live own claimed land (settlers and lawlessfolk 😉) and we are actively looking into a way in which we can do so. There have been some great ideas shared in regards to improving this system, and we appreciate the feedback.

Make a totally new fucking building man. Not the claim flag. Like i dunno a Tavern or a barracks. Kinda like the tax bank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this update so good! Running food to all npc's and filling gold every single day, really drags my chin through a fat mans arse cheeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Joel said:

Really need to a find a way so that settlers can use this system as it stand

-Crew gold payment and food can now be done via your Company's claim flag. Crew that are on an island or on a fully anchored ship within Settlement range are eligible. Berries are the only food that can be used in the claim flag (there is a greatly extended spoil timer on berries in a claim flag for further QoL). Crew will still seek out payment and food from nearby food larders and payment boxes and if there are none nearby or they are empty, they will take from the claim flag.

This is great but it doesn't help settlers in anyway as it is its so much more worth paying for an island upkeep than having to go tower to tower larder to larder just so your base can a have a chance at defending itself. This is a Huuge QOL change that i believe should affect everyone especially settlers since being a settler is about being a smaller company with less resources than everyone else. they should solve this problem soon because as it stand im much better off moving to my own island only problem with that is that i am a very small company and the base and harbor we have now took a really long time to build and i would like to continue living there. my 2 cents on this almost perfect patch update.

 

12 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We are aware this doesn't resolve the problem for people who don't live own claimed land (settlers and lawlessfolk 😉) and we are actively looking into a way in which we can do so. There have been some great ideas shared in regards to improving this system, and we appreciate the feedback.

Man jat, why did you go with this claim system? It does not work.

all of these people saying well you don’t have to worry about owning an island. Why not worry about it? You need land right? And if you don’t need to own it then why have claims?

just make it build anywhere, like ark. This is very serious. You “fixed” something that wasn’t broke!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really good changings. For all of you who cried around that there's no need to become a settlement owner. This is one thing that it's worth to become a settler. You all wanted a difference between owner and not. 

Imo this is perfect and don't need some more adjustments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately the patch is faulty.

My NPCs have a resource chest with gold on the ship and still take the gold from the flag.
Please correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raised Xp from sotds is a good thing BUT we need higher max ship lvls.

U can easily max out a ship in one day.

 

And raise the lvls of sotds in golden age grids. It not motivating to cruise there for hours and hours, sinking low lvl sotds, useless loot and no xp coz u ve already reached max lvl...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It isn't really a major qol change at all.  Only berries.. which if you have alot of crew.. really don't last that long.. unless you have millions of them.

The gold thing is pretty useful, esp as it makes transferring crew abit easier, no more stupid ai stopping and treading water because they just jumped off the ship and can't find their gold source anymore. 

We're still keeping gold in ship chests and food in larders, both in ships and in defensive positions.  With the singular issue of crew transfer between ships etc it has no real impact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Unfortunately the patch is faulty.

My NPCs have a resource chest with gold on the ship and still take the gold from the flag.
Please correct.

They prioritise ship chests for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Willard said:

They prioritise ship chests for now.

Unfortunately they do not, I tested it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Unfortunately they do not, I tested it.

I meant NPCs on ships for instance prioritise gold and food on ship. If you don't have anything on the ship they will take it from the flag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Willard said:

I meant NPCs on ships for instance prioritise gold and food on ship. If you don't have anything on the ship they will take it from the flag.

There is enough gold and food on my ship, yet the NPCs take the gold out of the flag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

There is enough gold and food on my ship, yet the NPCs take the gold out of the flag.

Then why is it a problem? Why unfortunately? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great change!

About the Settler-NPCs-Topic:
You guys are aware that the Settlers should NOT have their own defensive NPCs but the Island-owner placing their own NPC for the Settlers, right? Because Settler NPCs do NOT attack during peace- time! Which means during peace-time enemies can safely just walk by Settler-NPCs and check out entire defense without problem. They can as example shortly before war-timer starts walk close to bases and place themself in a good angle to take the NPCs out with granades and much more.
That's why a good landlord places their own NPCs in front, above, inside, around the Settlers buildings -> those NPCs are hostile 24/7, even in peace-time.
Settlers only needs NPCs for ships. Which is btw why it is also beneficial to be a Settler.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×