2/10/21 8PM PST- We are aware of some server issues with the latest update and are actively working on a fix. We appreciate your patience as we troubleshoot this incident.
2/11/21 1AM PST - The fix for the servers has been released and after a couple hours of careful monitoring we have determined the servers are operating normally. Thank you again for your patience and understanding.
A new ship will be sailing into harbor with the new patch.
The “Majestic Kraken” will be available from the ship salesman, it's a streamlined vessel that not only looks deadly but packs quite the punch if she gets her tentacles on you. That's because she's touting 24 cannons that provide 50% more damage. The Kraken will be similar to the previous Ramming Galley, with custom ship compartment load outs and repairable via the Patch Kit. So gather up your doubloons and release the… you know the rest.
In other highlights of the patch, along with a few more bug fixes, we've also taken another pass at the glider suit so you can sail the skies, for a reasonable amount of time.
You get a blueprint, you get a blueprint, you get a blueprint... You guessed it, blueprint drops will be doubling and counts required are going down. So, go get your craft on.
Lastly, accordion music will wake creatures up faster after being tranquilized. Lederhosen and polka dancing are not required, but it couldn't hurt.
Last patch, we asked our fellow pathfinders to take part in a community survey that would help the Atlas team gain better insight on the wants and needs of our community. Needless to say, we were overwhelmed by your participation and feedback and will be taking a lot of it into consideration. We would like to genuinely thank all who participated. To continue this series of engagement, we will have another community survey in the near future, this one will address recent concerns around ship construction and customization. We look forward to hearing more of your input and appreciate your support.
Released Patch Notes
New Ship: The Majestic Kraken
The Ship Salesman's inventory is expanding! His latest offering, the Majestic Kraken, features two rows of Gunports armed with 150% damage Cannons.
- Cost: 22,000 Gold, 75 Dried Squid Tentacles
- Weapons: 24 Standard Cannons (150% Damage)
- Max Level: 60
- Sail Points: 6.0
- Repair Resource: Patch Kit
Playing the Accordion in Free Play Mode quickly reduces the torpidity of nearby wild creatures, allowing them to wake up much faster after being tranquilized
- The radius of effect can be increased by unlocking the Inspiring Music skills in the Music and Dance tree
Quality Blueprints for Small and Large Armored Docks have been added to loot drops
- These have two stats: Durability (Total Health) and Effectiveness (Damage Resistance)
- Decreased stack size from 100 to 1
- Increased the drop rate of Blueprints about double across all sources
- Blueprints for Sails, Cannons, Planks, Decks, and Gunports now have much lower craft counts
Updated how quality is derived on Cannons
- Quality is determined primarily based on Damage Percent
- Durability contributes to quality at a much lower ratio
- Stat values rolled are unchanged (same values should be generated, but quality of BP may be different)
- Added a Stamina Drain Debuff
- Max Pitch is now limited by stamina. At low stamina the glider can only go down
- Camera Angle has been altered downward
- Bug Fix: Dive functionality via the run button has now been fully removed
Stone Harvesting nodes in the the remaining regions have been rebalanced to match the Copper Regions changed last patch
- Iron is the most common metal now, and may be found in rocks
- Other metals are no longer found in stone but may still be mined from metal nodes
- Geodes may now drop from rock in all areas. Using a Geode will destroy it and may give some limestone, rock salt, and/or a small amount of different gems and crystals. Geodes may only be gathered by hand or with Tames, not with the Quarry or Farmhouse
- Bug Fix: An icon for the Geode has been added
- Patch Kit repair time reduced from 5 to 3 seconds
- Projectiles fired from Cannons in Gunports no longer explode if they hit the water's surface immediately after firing
- Enlarged Gunports on the upper level of the Ramming Galley's front castle to prevent clipping
- Bug Fix: Cannons in Gunports now correctly deal damage when ships are near one another
- Bug Fix: Ship components can be demolished after crossing grids
- Bug Fix: Resolved issue where all of the Ramming Galley's components were sometimes marked as Demolished
- Bug Fix: Ship wake effects are now positioned correctly for the Ramming Galley
Tames and Creatures
Added Enable/Disable Breeding option to tame command wheel
- Breeding must be enabled to allow creatures to mate
- Wandering is no longer required for mating
- Following must still be disabled for mating
- Unconscious or dead Horses and Bears can now be dragged
- Bug Fix: A tamed Dolphin's rider now always receives the Dolphin Intellect buff when jumping
- Bug Fix: Tamed Dolphins are now always able to jump after crossing grids
- Bug Fix: Removed option to move NPCs onto Cargo Saddles
- Increased the Warehouse inventory cap to 120 stacks
- Trades of the same resources may no longer occur (e.g. iron for iron)
- Bug Fix: Agate (Flint) added to the Market so it may now be traded
- Bug Fix: Resources tradeable in the Market should all now be able to be placed in the Warehouse
- Tranq Arrow torpor damage increased by 50%
- Sea Fort walls no longer give resources when demolished
- Updated the drop tables of a few sea creatures to give more stuff
- Bug Fix: The Seed Vendor's inventory is now accessible in Single Player
- Bug Fix: Resolved issue where some Warehouses and Markets would cause crashes
- Cannon wheels clip through the floor on the Majestic Kraken's lowermost deck
- Painting has not been implemented for the Ramming Galley and Majestic Kraken and attempting to do so will result in some cosmetic errors.
Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed.
As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support!
- ATLAS Crew
For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information
Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame