Sign in to follow this  
Keins Thallow

Small groups complaining.....

So many thread from these 4-10 man crews about how its not fair they cant hold their territories and get raided all the time...... The game was DESIGNED around LARGE companies. 

It's like having a " 4 " man football team taking the field, then complaining when the other team gets on the field with their 11 players.    ITS FOOTBALL you need more players!!!

There is PVE  although from what I hear that still has plenty of problems, or Unofficial servers with small companies.  Stop expecting the game to cater to you.  Recruit more players or join a full size team.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Keins Thallow said:

So many thread from these 4-10 man crews about how its not fair they cant hold their territories and get raided all the time...... The game was DESIGNED around LARGE companies. 

It's like having a " 4 " man football team taking the field, then complaining when the other team gets on the field with their 11 players.    ITS FOOTBALL you need more players!!!

There is PVE  although from what I hear that still has plenty of problems, or Unofficial servers with small companies.  Stop expecting the game to cater to you.  Recruit more players or join a full size team.

Please quote the part of the design spec you're reading that says there are not supposed to be smaller companies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I dont need to quote a thing, if you cant understand that concept by the amount of crew needed for big ships, the amount of materials needed to build, the amount of skill points each character gets "forcing you to have may ppl who specialize one or two things , the size of the map, the difficulty of the elementals and other creatures on the golden isles...  this game may not be  for you.  You would have to be OBLIVIOUS.  Ark and Age of Conan will let you get by with smaller groups. I personally recommend both. Conan still needs a bit of polish though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keins Thallow said:

and then I show up with my 53 man roster and have them all take the field and?

I don't really have a point here other than that's a bad analogy..  😉

• Haha 1

Bad analogy or not its true. This game is for groups of people. If you are small then allie with another group. Merge your groups. Ally with others. a 20 or 30 man group could ally with other groups to share control of a server but a ten man group is not big enough to be effective. They could only field enough crew to man a schooner or a brig. THey don't have enough coverage for 24/7 gaming. They can not farm fast enough to achieve higher portions of the game. You can totally enjoy the game with a small group but you can not do what the big groups do. You must make friends. You must cooperate. You must learn a new game that you have not played before and adjust your strategy and planning accordingly. If you are not willing to do that you are not going to have a good time.

• Confused 1

The funniest thing about all the dorks saying this shit is that they're talking out their asses and there's literal proof hahahahahahahaha

Just because you don't think so doesn't change the fact that they're on the record for wanting solo players to be in a good spot.

Edited by Paradigm

10 minutes ago, Paradigm said:

The funniest thing about all the dorks saying this shit is that they're talking out their asses and there's literal proof hahahahahahahaha

Just because you don't think so doesn't change the fact that they're on the record for wanting solo players to be in a good spot.

and totally failed it by 

1. not restricting the claim system by ANY means

2. adding the possibility to settle on claimed land if the owner allows it (for taxes... which i think is just insanely dumb) almost 2 weeks after launch

those are 2 features who depend on each other to work.

1. They are restricting claims with the new implementation of claims being easier to steal based on the number the player you're stealing it from has

2. The taxes thing is fine, especially coupled with the above. 

One of the MOST core aspects of the game is fighting over land. Both of these are excellent balance changes to encourage that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keins Thallow said:

I dont need to quote a thing, if you cant understand that concept by the amount of crew needed for big ships, the amount of materials needed to build, the amount of skill points each character gets "forcing you to have may ppl who specialize one or two things , the size of the map, the difficulty of the elementals and other creatures on the golden isles...  this game may not be  for you.  You would have to be OBLIVIOUS.  Ark and Age of Conan will let you get by with smaller groups. I personally recommend both. Conan still needs a bit of polish though.

Yes you do.  You aren't a dev on the game, you're just a schmoe who paid 25 bucks like the rest of us.  So you don't get to say whether the game is meant for smaller companies or not.  Sure you need a bigger crew for a bigger ship.  A company of 10 or 12 people could run a fairly big ship, but the game also has smaller ships.  If you can't understand the concept of a smaller company running a smaller ship, this game may not be for you.  You'd have to be OBLIVIOUS to think that someone who wanted to be a trader and could care less about the golden isles would need a 500 person company.

So, again...quit assuming you have the authority to speak for the devs on who can play and not play this game.  If you've actually seen them publish something saying they dont' want small companies, produce it.  Put up or shut up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Yes you do.  You aren't a dev on the game, you're just a schmoe who paid 25 bucks like the rest of us.  So you don't get to say whether the game is meant for smaller companies or not.  Sure you need a bigger crew for a bigger ship.  A company of 10 or 12 people could run a fairly big ship, but the game also has smaller ships.  If you can't understand the concept of a smaller company running a smaller ship, this game may not be for you.  You'd have to be OBLIVIOUS to think that someone who wanted to be a trader and could care less about the golden isles would need a 500 person company.

So, again...quit assuming you have the authority to speak for the devs on who can play and not play this game.  If you've actually seen them publish something saying they dont' want small companies, produce it.  Put up or shut up.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Keins Thallow said:

I dont need a social justice warrior telling me what i have to do to be political correct.

Small teams are much more fun than the giant chinese hive utopia you are dreaming about.

Hopefully the devs create a niche to survive for smaller teams,

We did not buy the „Islands Ant Simulator“.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Talono said:

I dont need a social justice warrior telling me what i have to do to be political correct.

Small teams are much more fun than the giant chinese hive utopia you are dreaming about.

Hopefully the devs create a niche to survive for smaller teams,

We did not buy the „Islands Ant Simulator“.

Like small company servers? I hope so.

For myself, I like smaller groups too. I’m in a mega company but I only play with 5-6 other friends just minding our own business. 

Actually with NPCs a solo can man the ships so by that definition the mechanics and design of the game along with the NPC crew directly contradicts everything the OP says....

2 hours ago, wakko151 said:

Bad analogy or not its true. This game is for groups of people. If you are small then allie with another group. Merge your groups. Ally with others. a 20 or 30 man group could ally with other groups to share control of a server but a ten man group is not big enough to be effective. They could only field enough crew to man a schooner or a brig. THey don't have enough coverage for 24/7 gaming. They can not farm fast enough to achieve higher portions of the game. You can totally enjoy the game with a small group but you can not do what the big groups do. You must make friends. You must cooperate. You must learn a new game that you have not played before and adjust your strategy and planning accordingly. If you are not willing to do that you are not going to have a good time.

You do realize my npc’s on my galleon fire my guns and do my sails i can pilot it by myself giving them commands... ? So you can solo the shit out of the undead ect

4 hours ago, Keins Thallow said:

if you cant understand that concept by the amount of crew needed for big ships, 

ona  private server i watched an admin 1mana  galleon filled with npc's soooooooooo nah bruh any boat can be solo'd by the right skilled player apparently

On 1/4/2019 at 4:11 PM, Malfunktion said:

You do realize my npc’s on my galleon fire my guns and do my sails i can pilot it by myself giving them commands... ? So you can solo the shit out of the undead ect

You do realize that a carbine can kill those npcs right? NPCs don't respawn but people do.

33 minutes ago, wakko151 said:

You do realize that a carbine can kill those npcs right? NPCs don't respawn but people do.

maybe he play pve, think again before talking...

This game just like Ark was not designed  for a very narrow type of gamer, quiet the contrary from pvp to pve and rp, survival and what not. If you think it was made for you I think you dream big time, wake up dude.

Edited by ExplodingYeti

for anyone running a small crew of under 10 players they need to find other allys to work with and begin work on diplomacy. Otherwise they have no reason to complain when a 50+ man guild runs in with a much larger fleet. 

On 1/4/2019 at 9:11 AM, Keins Thallow said:

You sir have lost your mind....

A healthy game provides a balanced and fun sandbox for all sizes and types of players!

If you think a healthy game is one designed for one small cross section of the population then maybe you should attempt to do some more critical thinking on the topic!

Please name all successful games that have succeeded in being design for only Large groups whose play style revolves around PvP.

On 1/4/2019 at 9:11 AM, Keins Thallow said:

You know it’s going to happen though right? I know you don’t want it to but we have already reached recruit difficulty with this game. People will build up so fast they will get bored just as fast 

I've been sailing for hours. The difference between a lawless home server and  other areas is insane. Other claimable areas are almost empty of anything. Thousands of claim flags but not a building in sight. Some islands have 1-2 buildings on them total. These companies have so much land they can't even use it all, not even a tiny fraction of it.

Meanwhile home servers are ghettos. Islands so full of buildings there is no room to walk. People fighting even over a tiny little piece of land.

It's 1% of players owning over 90% of the land. While the other 99% are fighting over the remaining 10% of land. The thing is, the game is actively in favour of the people who own claims. Not only is it stupidly easy to claim land, but it's harder to steal it from others (and on PVE impossible to steal).

If the developers are making it so most people can't play the game, they'd better start giving everyone refunds. And maybe they should add a warning that you can only play this game with a huge group of people.

A lot more then 1% play in group lol... And being an MMO it's kind of expected that people are encouraged to group up.

Small companies should be speaking to larger companies about joining.

Just saying it is much easier to join a larger body and work this way. If your looking to PVE there is many reasons to join and help a larger company. Don't be afraid to apply and speak to those people. The game is much more efficient to run with a larger company, for protections, and or help progress your game. Also dont expect keys to the front door, just landing on peoples properties either, you will be shot down.

On 1/4/2019 at 11:11 AM, Keins Thallow said:

Doesn't the existence of small ships that have crew limitations provide evidence that this game was actually designed around groups of multiples sizes? Hmm? Yes?

3 minutes ago, JohnM81 said:

Doesn't the existence of small ships that have crew limitations provide evidence that this game was actually designed around groups of multiples sizes? Hmm? Yes?

Small to large ships are designed for both large and small companies. Hence the NPC crew. 

Edited by Percieval