ATLAS

Patch V409.1 - Warehouses Available Now!

20200813_Patch_WarehouseUpdate_1920x1080-min.jpg

Ahoy Pathfinders!

We’re excited to bring you phase 2 of the new features we are currently rolling out! Expanding from the Farmhouse system we introduced last patch, Warehouses are a new structure type that players may build at the smithy. We are shifting Stone Farmhouses and Warehouses to a new skill - Advanced Automation, which can be found in the Construction Tree (requires Esotery of Building).

Warehouses can be used in conjunction with Farmhouses to automatically collect and store the resources gathered from Farmhouses. Gone are the days of having to tediously move resources to and from for storage. Simply craft and place the Warehouse and it will begin gathering from all farmhouses within a 500m radius. Ever get confused by which of your storage boxes has which resources? With its large storing capacity, you can now easily access all your resources in one place! Any basic resource and alloy can be put into the warehouse, it will not store finished goods.

Screenshot_Warehouse-min.jpg

We’ve also made a few tweaks to improve and balance Farmhouses. Again, these systems are still a work in progress and we are continuing to change and develop on Farmhouses and Warehouses as we examine gameplay and receive player feedback. 

The Warehouse update also includes an Explosive Barrels rework and a couple of minor balance changes on Puckles and Army of the Damned. 

For more details on Warehouses and other changes, see the full patch notes below:

:anchor: Released Patch Notes :anchor:

New Skill: Advanced Automation

• Added Advanced Automation to the Construction Tree
  • Requires Esotery of Building
  • Cost is 12 skill points
  • New Warehouse and Stone Farmhouse added to this skill

New Feature: Warehouse

• New structure type, Warehouse, may be built at the smithy
  • Warehouse is a structure that automatically collects Resources from Farmhouses in range
    • Will not collect Wood/Thatch, which is fuel for Farmhouses
    • Gathers from Farmhouses within 500m
    • Gather Rate is 5% of the Farmhouse inventory every 10 minutes
  • Warehouses may not be placed closer than 2km to another Warehouse
  • Warehouses must be placed within 30m of the shore
  • Warehouse takes thatch or wood as fuel
  • More than one Warehouse can hit the same farm
  • Warehouses have 40 storage slots
  • Warehouse stack size is 10,000 units
  • Max Inventory Weight is 50,000
  • Warehouse health is 40,000
  • Warehouses are not taxed

*For reference, 1 foundation is 2m

Explosive Barrels

• Instant detonation option removed
  • Setting the detonation timer is now a separate action from lighting the fuse
  • Detonation timer can now be set and viewed in inventory
  • The fuse is automatically lit when a carried barrel is placed!
  • Added defuse option: any player can defuse an explosive barrel
  • Can now be used as ammo in Cannons, Large Cannons, and Catapults
  • Duplication bug fixed

Impact Behavior for Barrels Fired out of Cannons

• Explode instantly on impact with ships, structures, players, or creatures
  • In water, barrels float for six seconds before sinking. They explode when their timer expires
  • Otherwise, barrels explode after their timer expires

Impact Behavior for Tossed Barrels

• In water, barrels float for six seconds before sinking. They explode when their timer expires
  • Otherwise, barrels explode after their timer expires

Damage Immunity

• Placed barrels are immune to ranged damage
  • Carried barrels are immune to all damage
  • Destroyed barrels no longer explode unless as part of a chain reaction with another barrel

**Known Issue: When attempting to throw a barrel while on a ship, the barrel will drop where the player is standing and then explode. We are working out how to resolve this issue and will send out a patch for it as soon as we can.

Farmhouses

• Farmhouses can no longer be placed in water
  • Farmhouse now only transfers a single stack of resources into player's inventory per transfer interaction
  • Increased distance requirement between Farmhouse placement from 120m to 200m
  • Farmhouse harvest rate reduced by 25% overall
    • Harvest Interval increased from 15 seconds to 60 seconds (gathers 1/4 as often)
    • Harvest amount increased (gathers 3x as much)
  • Stone Farmhouse has been moved to Advanced Automation Skill in Construction Tree
  • Updated resource costs of constructing a Stone Farmhouse
    • Changed 360 Metal to 180 Alloy
    • Added 80 Organic Paste as additional cost
  • Reduced the Draw Distance of Farmhouse from 1 kilometer to 400 meters
  • Reduced health of basic Farmhouse from 30k to 20k

Miscellaneous

• Reduced NPC cost on Puckles by 50%
  • Army of the Damned can now be damaged by swivel guns

:wheel:

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitterhttps://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

Could many of these variables become server settings?

On singleplayer or a private server it could be much more fun to be able to shoot placed (or even carried) barrels 🙂
And of course changing gather rates and ranges at which the structures can be built is a real boon.

I've always felt that ATLAS has a lot less configurables than ARK. Take ranged-weapon-immune NPC's on cannons for example.

Edited by CompactDisc

good  bye  harbor def.... u just broke the game....

weight skilled npcs shoot 6 Barrels per second.......

RIP sea combat welcome suicide ships

and you even increased the range with barrels in cannons from season 1.....

Edited by Henrik_Grimbeard
  • Like 2

How will more than one warehouse collect from one farmhouse within 500m if you can't place warehouses closer than 2km from one another?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have huge problem with tame limit on the grid, not the company limit, but overal grids limit, so on our grid there are 4 companies living and we have hit grids tame limit.
Can't breed anything even if companies tame limit is 200/300

Edited by Helgard

People were complaining about barrels using out canons during season 1 because it was a broken mechanic when fighting tames vs tames or ships vs ships and now,  you bring it back for no reason. Did the community asked for it? 

Why can't you stick with the community proposals in order to balance the PVP instead of adding old removed mechanics people didn't want in the game?

Edited by Atalli
  • Like 1

Alright. Let's talk about this one:

Warehouses may not be placed closer than 2km to another Warehouse. For reference, 1 foundation is 2m

I mean I'm not complaining, but are you sure you wanna things work this exact way?

Let me show my I7 Lawless island:

Hx5TdKg.jpg

So it's basically every 150-200 meters there is someone's base. Yet let me show what you did in a map, alright?

4ekJ4U3.jpg

So... well... I mean you did warehouse radius cover like half of an island. Half of REALLY BIG island like my one I7 PVE. So if there are like 50-70 settler only 3-4 of them will be able to use warehouses there. On small island there will be just one. Every1 else will see this "too many warehouses in the area" message. So I just wanna make sure you meant it. So I destroyed like half of my base to free some space for no purpose? lol!

Edited by George Catcher
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Err... ok little clarification from me. Just measured all (via photoshop). It's not a "half big island radius". It's whole island radius. So there will be just 1 or 2 warehouses per REALLY BIG island. And definitely 1 per small ones.

QtFd1it.jpg

So... whoever place one first - have it all. Any1 else - better luck next time hahahaha😆 👎

Edited by George Catcher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sooooo ...

We placed one in the middle of our base. Fine.
Since it's not getting ressources out of some Farmhouses, we tried to place some others closer.

Placed some (had to find some places with a flat ground within 30m of the sea ...).
Not getting it either ... close enough, but nothing.
Removed them to try to get even closer ...
And that's where it began.
Can't place it anywhere, not even at the very spot it was before. Keep getting the blue building but : Too many "Warehouse" in the area 3/1 . . .
Searched everywhere and not a single one except for our main base.

Tried to figure out the distance using foundations ... hoooo dear.
From our 1st one, the red "Too close" message vanish after about 250m (125 foundations). Already, why ?!? You said a 2km radius ...
And we had placed some, now destroyed, about 100m after that, so 350m from our 1st one.

Moved 2km away, still nothing.

Went to another base, on another island and couldn't place it, still 3/1 error message.
Went back home, tried, nothing, went back again to our 2nd island and we did place one exactly where we couldn't before.

Those we have placed are "collecting from 11 farmhouses" ... when we only have 5 of ours inside the blue radius. So what, is it collecting from other players farmhouses ?

So, how the hell is it actually working ?!?

Why doesn't it work like it should :

* 1 warehouse can collect the whole island - make sense from a practical view since farmhouses are everywhere players could place them, and make from a RP view since it would lower the number of warehouses, allow players to place them properly to blend it their base and it's supposed to be the one point of collection/exchange for ressources
* remove the distance limit - why can't 2 allied compagnies have an harbour with their warehouses
* collect [Stock of wood - 500] wood - keep farmhouses running but still gather ressources and some fuel to keep the warehouses running along
* collect thatch and does not use it as fuel
* doesn't use thatch or wood as fuel but need a crew to operate. Need to feed and protect the crew.

Here is our base (Green dot), our farmhouses (Red dots).
We placed a Warehouse (Yellow dots) next to our base. Then we went to place some around to see what it can gather. We placed all the orange ones.
Not getting anything interesting, we removed them, so the orange ones are gone. And we couldn't place one on the Yellow spot away from our base.
We finally managed to place it after we removed one farmhouse. Why ? No idea.

2020-08-14-2-LI.jpg

Edited by Argu
  • Like 1

I dont understand why we are limiting this stuff based on distance.

Farmhouse kind of make sense, however warehouses should be one per company per island. This 2km limit is insane.

The 500m range limit is also odd. How do you handle huge islands with houses in the middle... certainly not with a warehouse, which makes the "feature" pretty mute and useless.

@Devs, I think this is a good example of something that could have and should have been discussed with the community. (We are supposed to give our feedback/have a chance to help improve the game since thats the point of EA) These issues could have been caight pretty quick by us and could have led to a better version the first time around. I get that some cards have to be close to the chest, but you can open up a little on this stuff.

Edited by Gindorf
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gindorf said:

Farmhouse kind of make sense, however warehouses should be one per company per island. This 2km limit is insane.

I agree that it should be one per company per island. Just like silos. I have already run into farmhouse and warehouse spam on a lawless island. One company went around and put warehouses down next to other people's bases.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SeaKnight said:

I agree that it should be one per company per island. Just like silos. I have already run into farmhouse and warehouse spam on a lawless island. One company went around and put warehouses down next to other people's bases.

Yeah, it looks like our company is going to be forced to demo any placed on our islands before ours bc of this 2km limit.

In effect this is an island-owner only feature, which is really dumb.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gindorf said:

It should work like the Crew Silo: one per island per company and should collect resource from EVERY farmhouse on the island. Why?

First,  in PVE no more million bed+shipresbox+foundation trio around every farmhouse. In PVP, more valuable target to loot or guard, take care.

Second, if your warehouse stores your materials, you could craft your ship or ship parts faster and easier, so less time on insland more time on the ocean. Is that the goal, right? Spending time on the water, no on the land.

Three, no need manage the logistics of the materials from Farmhouse to your base.

If its too easy, then assign some pirate npc to the Warehouse, as workers/operators. Like the Thralls in Conan. For example, you needed one npc for one farmhouse/connection, two for collecting from two farm, etc. These npcs should assigned to the warehouses passivly (for example, you bring the npcs near the warehouse, then with the command wheel you should have "assign as operator to the warehouse" option, then the npc should "board" the house). Of course you need feed them and pay them like the other active npc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PiszkosFred said:

It should work like the Crew Silo: one per island per company and should collect resource from EVERY farmhouse on the island.

<snip>

assign some pirate npc to the Warehouse, as workers/operators. Like the Thralls in Conan.

1st point absolutely.

2nd point absolutely.

I would love to see crew used similair to thralls. Assign crew to farm houses (gold is used instead of thatch/wood) More crew, higher effiency.

Assign crew to warehouse (another gold sink), more crew faster it gathers from farmhouses.

13 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

I'm just take a guess - it's just easiest way to program warehouse (I mean within game code). That's why it works like that 🧑‍🔧

They need a Yup! response 🙂

• Like 1

I've been thinking - they goal probably was so it should be placed 2km from another warehouse belongs to you. And is should not be affected by any other warehouses radius right? To prevent spamming!?

And yeah, btw. Some say the only warehouse in island attaches itself to all windmills in radius. Even belongs to different players and different companies and gather resources from there lol.

Why they made it SO WRONG? Hahaha.

Edited by George Catcher

The ware house is a good idea but to be honest on pve it could be the size of a ship resource box and collect from any farm house on that island and it would be perfect. I think minimal that  if you own a farm house you should be able to place a ware house they look cool but the are too big and want to much flat space and want to be way to close to water. If nothing else give the ware house a pick up of the 2k and a distance of 500m from each other and i dont think that giving a benefit of multiples ware houses is good. I don't think the devs play and if so not on pve but at the start after the wipe "season" we had a strong community but to many bugs and issues with connecting and dc and other known bugs have not been addressed. What player base that is left is very crammed together every person or company on at least pve deserves a farm and a warehouse . I think the best system for us would be a ship resource looking container that gathers all resources of that island for us takes up low space and less lag. No cool art work but the people that made the farm and ware house was not aware it seems of how it actually places cause it is janky and wants way to much natural flat space 1 of each of them is the size of lot of pve bases. Good luck all and please dont stop coding.

Edited by Yomaz

Stop with all the maximum number per distance garbage. Instead make it one per company or something more fair. Was your intention really to only give this to 200 people game wide?? Please say oops.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Devs: We are going to examine the amount of fantasy in the game

History: During The Golden Age of piracy many pirates fought Hydras, Drakes, Gorgons, Dinosaurs, Krakens and various Damned Creatures while they built factories on various islands to help automate their ship construction. They also rode and tamed many animals. A common catchphrase was, “Argh, we pirates love farming” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So.. i dont care about warehouses... ii taxes can be connected directly to the flag.. why farmhouses cant.... but.. want to write something about barrel changes... in season 1 was removed ability shoot barrels from canons.. i think you was able to use them only in ship canons before it was removed... Ships in season 1 havent ability to skill into dmg.. there was only crew, beds, weight and sturdiness... and devs knew about how broken barrels are..... so they remove this posibility to shoot them from ship canons..... Now... season 4... over year later.. we have it here back... but now.. you are able to skill ships into dmg (252%) max... and we have stupidly ridiculous high dmg roll on canons from maps... BUT you can now load barrels into catapults and large canons too... tell me pls.. how stupid you must be to not see this... noone is safe now.. even in harbour... only one safe place is now... freeport... btw.. still waiting for tradewinds... wasnt it trademark of map change?  i think you are able to shoot 200 barrels in minute from catapult.. whit 150% dmg catapult.. thats 15000 dmg per shot..  thats 3 000 000 dmg in minute? and you can place catapult on horse... great idea... great dev team.. but i think you need a little comon sence and someone .. who will tell you how to play this game

Edited by Lolleray
  • Like 1