archaegeo

New weight solution is a very bad fix..

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't, Devs. Thank you for showing us that you WERE looking into a solution for that exploit. 🙂 at least.  Imma feel it still needs to be tweeked a bit though. lol.

43 minutes ago, Nari said:

"The obvious solutions won’t quite work due to some backend stuff, however, we are actively looking into a more delicate and effective solution."

Sooooo glitching out anyone that steps on a non-allied ship is a "more delicate and effective solution"? 

Don't get me wrong, I've been very vocal about PVE ship sinking and I'm glad its sort of kind of maybe not quite fixed, but this feels like something they hacked up in a few minutes without even testing it. Also, something is seriously wrong with their backend coding if there was no way to disable weight sinking on PVE, at least while anchored.  

Kinda wish they gave it some upward velocity at an angle and humorously ejected players each time they made contact with another players ship.  Woulda been better received I bet.  And you'd keep bouncing until you got free.

• Like 1

So it would appear this is not a bug but something they did intentionally.  Fascinating.

It would be wonderful if the persons who conceived of this fix, and approved this fix be stripped of any responsibility.  They cannot be trusted with your product.  Offer them an internship.  I'm sure they make great copies and can carry a cup of coffee across a room without spilling too much of it.

You have a problem with griefers.  Every game does.  In the future, address the problem without needlessly affecting and punishing players that had absolutely nothing to do with problem.

For example, rather than floating above the boat until death, you could have simply moved the player off the boat and into the water.  You could have chosen not to let them set foot on the boat to begin with.

This is a great game.  A great vision.  Clearly some great people working on it, just not the people who came up with this. 

8 hours ago, Rouxi said:

This fix causes more issues than just raft boxing. Check out all the threads on steam and in bugs forum of people complaining how they got stuck. This doesn't punish the griefers, they will just find something else to grief. This punishes the RPers, traders, and casual gamers, and there are more than just a few complaining. I think a much better solution is to not let weight affect anchored ships. Hopefully this is just a temp fix while they work on a better solution.

in what way does it cause more issues? What could possibly be worse than losing hours/days of work? People have just said RP and boarding a ship without telling the person, that's sound more like a inconvenience, i'm not sure how this affects casuals? All you have to do is have the person un-anchor their ship and you can board.

The solution isn't perfect, but i feel people stamping their feet when you no longer lose your progress is crazy, hold off on the RP or whatever it is and just be happy the ships no longer sinking till a better solution comes forward.

Edited by Herasea

19 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

SO I WENT TO GET ON A FRIENDS BOAT TO GET SOME WATER FROM THE BARREL AND THE DAMN DEVS PUT IN A SYSTEM THAT GLITCHES YOU TO WERE YOU CANT MOVE BUT JUST HOVER!!! THIS IS SHIT!!!!! JUST SHIT!!!! ALSO EINSTEINS HOW ARE PEOPLE GOING TO PVP ONTO SOMEONES SHIP NOW. THIS IS ANOTHER LEVEL OF BAD IDEAS!!!!!!!!!

As far as I know it's only on the PVE server. 

If someone actually surrounded your Galleon,  couldn't you just move forward a tiny bit and push the rafts out if way?  Doesn't seem very hard to me

1 minute ago, Gfnjr said:

If someone actually surrounded your Galleon,  couldn't you just move forward a tiny bit and push the rafts out if way?  Doesn't seem very hard to me

Its a bad move on grapeshot and it hurts the game more than help. No moving just a little bit to get around the rafts are going to make up for that.

1 hour ago, Caldrin said:

As far as I know it's only on the PVE server. 

Like the man said cant ever offer someone a ride on your ship or show them how you built it. Without making alliances what if you dont want to be alliance with everyone to chat with.

12 hours ago, Nari said:

"The obvious solutions won’t quite work due to some backend stuff, however, we are actively looking into a more delicate and effective solution."

At least this isnt the final solution that makes me feel a little better.

22 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Like the man said cant ever offer someone a ride on your ship or show them how you built it. Without making alliances what if you dont want to be alliance with everyone to chat with.

It doesn't stop this at all, all you need to do is raise the anchor and then show them every detail of your ship you want.  This really isn't an issue at all, just a minor inconvenience.  If someone wants a ride you raise the anchor as the climb the ladder then go for your ride, once you come back have them hop off before you drop anchor. gtg

• Like 1

For now the choice is blocked or sunk with the overweight exploit. In either case you will not be able to use your ship. Considering that, I prefer blocked to sunk as at least I still have a ship. The fix needs to be improved but it will do for now. 

1 hour ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Just ally up with them and leave after. At the moment it's a good fix to stop people sinking ships and I am sure it won't be the final fix.

I get that this isnt game ending, but a better solution would have seemed to be not to let people move while overweight, and rather than sinking overweight ships, dont let them move.

On 1/15/2019 at 12:37 AM, Cythera said:

We lost all our ships last night. We build nothing new solong the dont patch anytrhing about it. If its not fixed till weekend i leave the game. 

19 hours ago, Percieval said:

I’m pretty sure you can’t get banned for it because the devs made it led to this. 

This is another patch that’s good for PvP but bad for PvE. They don’t seem to understand there are PvE’ers on this game too. 

You do realize that everyone in this thread is... well I don't want to insult you... but dumb... This change ONLY AFFECTS PVE servers... god man do you just post to post crap?  The only thing they did for PVP was the overweight mechanics... this ship crap is for all you crying PVE players. 

2 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Its a bad move on grapeshot and it hurts the game more than help. No moving just a little bit to get around the rafts are going to make up for that.

-Disabled non allied players and creatures basing on anchored or docked ships which can be toggled with a server-setting on PVE servers with the in Game.ini - set bPvEAllowNonAlignedShipBasing=true If you want to allow non allies to be able to be on your ship

Please learn to read.

1 hour ago, Bolognapwny said:

You do realize that everyone in this thread is... well I don't want to insult you... but dumb... This change ONLY AFFECTS PVE servers... god man do you just post to post crap?  The only thing they did for PVP was the overweight mechanics... this ship crap is for all you crying PVE players. 

I didnt cry about people cracking ships with weight. It happen to me 2 times. Its a pirate game things are going to happen in the darkness of dishonest behavior. I have a problem with them breaking the immersion of the play style but I hear they are going to change the system so we will see whats next

The person that defends player floating and death on a simple raft in a lawless zone is an idiot. 

The devs that developed player floating on rafts that belong to enemies are idiots. 

GAME IS NOT FUN HAVING TO KILL MYSELF FOR ACCIDENTALLY RUNNING ON A RAFT ON THE COAST BECAUSE I FORGOT THIS IS A SHIT GAME. 

One of my mates came to visit my boat and bricked himself until I raised anchor.

1: Why wasn't this just anchor down = no damage so people can visit your ship?

2: You can still be sunk at sea via people jumping around with stone.

3 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

They did stuff for PvP too. That’s what I have been told by company mates, I haven’t tested it myself since I’ve been building all day.

Jeesz man tone it down, what are you - a child? 

3 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

Lol , so a few hundred hours go by me and my crew build a few ships log in next day and some child sunk it all and you call it crying? Really....you can't honestly believe that....something was broke and abused and needed fixed. A solution was put in place after hundreds of ships were lost....thks btw devs for doing so....Look forward to more changes and big fixes as the game grows. Now I don't want to insult you but your kind of an asshole.....

38 minutes ago, Notorious said:

Lol , so a few hundred hours go by me and my crew build a few ships log in next day and some child sunk it all and you call it crying? Really....you can't honestly believe that....something was broke and abused and needed fixed. A solution was put in place after hundreds of ships were lost....thks btw devs for doing so....Look forward to more changes and big fixes as the game grows. Now I don't want to insult you but your kind of an asshole.....

You don't follow conversations very well do you?  I fully support a fix being made... my statement was toward that EU scrub percy... he was saying how this fix was for PVP and didn't work for PVE... I was pointing out that the change they are all crying about is a PVE issue... PVP servers you can still get on enemy ships... but on PVE you cannot.... so I was correcting his bad claim that they made another great change for PVP...

It is also valid for PVP servers. Yes i am sure 😰

No so bad, trolls need flamearrows or cannonballs to sink anchored ships now. Axe wont work, box destruction wont work, explosive barrels wont work.