archaegeo

New weight solution is a very bad fix..

Seriously, i cant give people rides anymore unless they are my allies or company?

I cant sneak on a ship and hide as a stowaway?

This is not the solution people wanted, and in reality just opens up more griefing, just park a flottila of rafts around a galleon and the owner can never get on or off.

This was NOT well thought out.

• Like 4

If a flotilla of rafts get around a galleon without being blown out of the water that is on the Galleon captain.

8 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

Can you tell me one game mechanic that is well thought out? 😄

The hair.... the hair on characters flows really well in the wind.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Just now, Hodo said:

The hair.... the hair on characters flows really well in the wind.

Hmm, might have to notify the dev team on this one, they got a decent salespitch now!

• Like 1

SO I WENT TO GET ON A FRIENDS BOAT TO GET SOME WATER FROM THE BARREL AND THE DAMN DEVS PUT IN A SYSTEM THAT GLITCHES YOU TO WERE YOU CANT MOVE BUT JUST HOVER!!! THIS IS SHIT!!!!! JUST SHIT!!!! ALSO EINSTEINS HOW ARE PEOPLE GOING TO PVP ONTO SOMEONES SHIP NOW. THIS IS ANOTHER LEVEL OF BAD IDEAS!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

SO I WENT TO GET ON A FRIENDS BOAT TO GET SOME WATER FROM THE BARREL AND THE DAMN DEVS PUT IN A SYSTEM THAT GLITCHES YOU TO WERE YOU CANT MOVE BUT JUST HOVER!!! THIS IS SHIT!!!!! JUST SHIT!!!! ALSO EINSTEINS HOW ARE PEOPLE GOING TO PVP ONTO SOMEONES SHIP NOW. THIS IS ANOTHER LEVEL OF BAD IDEAS!!!!!!!!!

Haha lol, so that's an instant stuck glitch. As for pvp, it only works for anchored ships... so suprise, that's good, no more coward overweight "raids" while ppl sleep. They can be boarded while unanchored still.

• Like 1

I'm dumb and don't understand the patch notes.  What exactly does it do?

I get the sense from your post that players can't get in ships that are not in your alliance or company, but how could they possibly prevent players from jumping onto another players ship?

Yeah, but you anchor your galleon overnight and come back in morning unable to get off of it because rafts are parked all around.

And of course you cant go on a friends boat or someone elses to look at it even if invited, etc.

its bad for RP, its bad for regular play.

All they had to do was not let people move if overweight.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Sounds like a fitting punishment for griefers honestly.  If this is a friends boat the simple solution for you would be to actually ally them or have them unanchor it.

If a ship is anchored, you cannot get on it if not in your company or alliance.

This removes lots of roleplay (hence the ability to turn it off on private servers) but it also opens up a whole new world of griefing

Just anchor a bunch of rafts around a ship and now noone can get on or off the ship.

3 minutes ago, Poot Pootington said:

I get the sense from your post that players can't get in ships that are not in your alliance or company, but how could they possibly prevent players from jumping onto another players ship?

It actually doesn't stop players from jumping to another players ship, what it does is let you but seems to also glitch you so your just floating in the air doing nothing.  

1 minute ago, archaegeo said:

If a ship is anchored, you cannot get on it if not in your company or alliance.

This removes lots of roleplay (hence the ability to turn it off on private servers) but it also opens up a whole new world of griefing

Just anchor a bunch of rafts around a ship and now noone can get on or off the ship.

You are going to need a lot of rafts to accomplish this and if just 1 person gets to their boat those rafts are gonna be pushed right out of the way.  

2 minutes ago, Poot Pootington said:

1. Jumping onboard of any not owned ship that is not raft = stuck untill dead, say by to items that carried etc.

2. What op describes is some griefers can put a fleet of rafts arround soeones ship and they can't get out/get on that ship bcs there is no more walking on someones ship if anchored, in short, they can't sink thy ship?, well, they gonna make sure thou wilt not have fun with that ship either.

6 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Sounds like a fitting punishment for griefers honestly.  If this is a friends boat the simple solution for you would be to actually ally them or have them unanchor it.

There is new way of griefing in pve tho, surrounding ppl with tons of rafts.

• Like 1

ANd of course you cant show off your ship to strangers

Cant offer strangers rides if you want.

So much this breaks.

(All assuming ship at anchor)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

There is new way of griefing in pve tho, surrounding ppl with tons of rafts.

You would think, but grappling hook/glider can be workarounds to that.  It's not perfect but it's not like the rafts are completely immovable, most boats can easily push them out of the way.  

There is definitely a better solution to this though.

14 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Haha lol, so that's an instant stuck glitch. As for pvp, it only works for anchored ships... so suprise, that's good, no more coward overweight "raids" while ppl sleep. They can be boarded while unanchored still.

COULDN'T JUST ADD IN OVER WEIGHT SHIPS DONT MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

ITS A NEIGHBOR SMALL COMPANY AND HE ISNT ON RIGHT NOW I USE HIS WATER BARREL BECAUSE THE GOD DAMN POINT SYSTEM DOESNT LET YOU SPARED OUT YOUR TALENTS YOU CAN ONLY FOCUS ON ONE OR TWO SKILLS.... THIS IS STUPID!!!!!

• Like 1

THEY KILL THE IMMERSION EVERY CHANCE THEY GET!

8 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

You would think, but grappling hook/glider can be workarounds to that.  It's not perfect but it's not like the rafts are completely immovable, most boats can easily push them out of the way.  

There is definitely a better solution to this though.

I tried a grappling hook just now and that doesnt work your stuck! These devs are not gamers thats just clear. There programs with a ton of bad ideas and player suffer for them.

3 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

THEY KILL THE IMMERSION EVERY CHANCE THEY GET!

I tried a grappling hook just now and that doesnt work your stuck! These devs are not gamers thats just clear. There programs with a ton of bad ideas and player suffer for them.

Oh I'm not saying grappling off of the ship would solve your problem, I'm saying grappling onto your ship surrounded by rafts would get you a work around to the "griefing" method listed.  You getting upset over everything that isn't raging with you is getting rather old though.  

As for a workaround to your situation, when your neighbor comes on either see if they will ally or if they will build you a water barrel so you don't get stuck in that situation again.

Again I'm not saying this is the best way to handle it, but it does seem like a nice punishment at least for the griefers who were causing problems.

1 hour ago, archaegeo said:

ANd of course you cant show off your ship to strangers

Cant offer strangers rides if you want.

So much this breaks.

(All assuming ship at anchor)

So people can still board when the ship is not anchored?

Seems reasonable.  Just raise the anchor if you want to give someone a ride. 

I'd rather have to figure out how to grapple or jump over a raft then lose another ship to a weight bomb.

Did players being able to carry infinite weight by picking up dropped items get fixed?

Please put raft all around my stuff so I can take a photo and send it in.....your name is all over the raft..........so please do it and see if you get smacked with the gold ban hammer.....

• Like 1

Just now, Notorious said:

Please put raft all around my stuff so I can take a photo and send it in.....your name is all over the raft..........so please do it and see if you get smacked with the gold ban hammer.....

I’m pretty sure you can’t get banned for it because the devs made it led to this. 

This is another patch that’s good for PvP but bad for PvE. They don’t seem to understand there are PvE’ers on this game too. 

Edited by Percieval

Why does this get missed??...

Disabled non allied players and creatures basing on anchored or docked ships which can be toggled with a server-setting on PVE servers with the in Game.ini - set bPvEAllowNonAlignedShipBasing=true If you want to allow non allies to be able to be on your ship