Jump to content

Cpt.Yarrr

Please re-think the flag system on PvE.

Recommended Posts

Please re-consider this system wich is planned for march.

Lower it per member or something, it is fun to do and nice to have 1 or 2.

PATCH NOTES:

"There will be a hard limit on the total number of claim flags."

So, on PvP it's possible and this has been thought thru.

Now give us PvE players also an option OR let admins have a real job by letting them destroy loose pillars/foundations/griefers/hackers/exploits. This is where and why the majority of players take off to other games.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr
Added 1 patchnote from Captains log.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I would prefer 3-4 flags per person (maybe limited to 1 flag per server w a hard cap of 3-4?) any flags at this point is an improvement over pillar/foundation spam and the griefing that will come with jackasses building very near a base to block someone in/ruin the area.

It is a pity that they chose a half-ass/quick "solution"

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gindorf said:

While I would prefer 3-4 flags per person (maybe limited to 1 flag per server w a hard cap of 3-4?) any flags at this point is an improvement over pillar/foundation spam and the griefing that will come with jackasses building very near a base to block someone in/ruin the area.

It is a pity that they chose a half-ass/quick "solution"

 

Yes, I agree. 

If flags are gone, there will be overloads on bases wich will block all spawns. Not only resources, but maps as well.

This is not the answer.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The planned solution - isnt a solution at all.  Its foundation spam 101.  No matter the assumption "well..they will have to be upkeep on the foundations, so it wont be a problem" is a huge problem...it will turn the entire map into lawless zones.

 

2 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Yes, I agree. 

If flags are gone, there will be overloads on bases wich will block all spawns. Not only resources, but maps as well.

This is not the answer.

i agree...its a horrible idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, peerpressure said:

The planned solution - isnt a solution at all.  Its foundation spam 101.  No matter the assumption "well..they will have to be upkeep on the foundations, so it wont be a problem" is a huge problem...it will turn the entire map into lawless zones.

 

i agree...its a horrible idea

I immediately got catapulted back to ARK when I read it.

And, I wanted this game to be different in that way, flags where the answer in my opinion.

I hope they re-consider this decision.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yea...im still confused about the stream...seems like there is some confusion on direction.  Fixing claim flags to be paintable, and "they wave now"  when that system will be gone...not efficient management on employee time, imo.  Never played ARK, had some buddies play...But i can look at current lawless zones and pretty much guarantee an entire map with same results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, peerpressure said:

"  when that system will be gone.

The system will remain in PvP, its 1 flag to claim an entire island now.

Theres alot of salt atm on the PvP side b/c of the "allowed" raiding times, which each island owner will be able to set (its like 15 hours non-raid/9 hour window for raids) unless the company is at war.

 

I get that that system does not work in PvE.. but this "lawless" solution honestly is worse than the PvP one IMO.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I would like one flag per 10 levels, starting with first one at level 10.   You could get up to 10, but past 5 you have committed some serious time to the game.

I liked limited claims in PvE, just did not like taxes.  But honestly, the lawless areas had far more players on them in PvE in past month than the claimable island.

This change will make us more likely to have ships we call long term home, land bases will be only for when your active and will be playing enough to keep the upkeep going.   when you take a breather from the game, pack up all your good stuff, dump the rest and rebuild when you come back.    It will not be ARK at all anymore,   Land will be a place you visit.

Edited by José Gaspar
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like for us to be able to have claim flags in PVE.  One flag per person would be great.  If you have a large company, you would have a lot of flags, a small company or single player doesn't need a ton of space. Placing a flag assures that you have some space to build without worrying about people building too close and people would not spam tons of pillars because you would only be allowed to build where you place your flag. 

The base of the flag could be the auto-repair structure and you would have to keep it full of resources for anything built in the flag radius so that your structures would not decay. 

They have still not fixed the pillar spam problems in Ark. Maybe they should think about implementing something like this in Ark. It would sure be better than what they have now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Zadira said:

I would like for us to be able to have claim flags in PVE.  One flag per person would be great.  If you have a large company, you would have a lot of flags, a small company or single player doesn't need a ton of space. Placing a flag assures that you have some space to build without worrying about people building too close and people would not spam tons of pillars because you would only be allowed to build where you place your flag. 

The base of the flag could be the auto-repair structure and you would have to keep it full of resources for anything built in the flag radius so that your structures would not decay. 

They have still not fixed the pillar spam problems in Ark. Maybe they should think about implementing something like this in Ark. It would sure be better than what they have now.

With one Flag per Person its all claimed too after short time, everybody build in his claim, nothing is spawning... when buildings dosent block the spawn, there is always this three ore rock who spawn in the door. The problem is not the claimsystem! The problem are all the players who want play a onlinegame as singelplayer. And with using the globalchat its very easy to find someone who let you build on his claim.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just limit the claims to 10 per any company, 20 for a company over 25 members, and 50 for companies with 100+ members. More than enough land for anyone, and seeing as how there is a company with 3000 land claims, that would be land for 59 other companies of 100+ people, or 148 companies with 25 people, or 299 companies  with less than 25 people. Thats up to 5000 to 10000 more people having land.. And thats just 1 company being divested of its land. Other companies in the top 10 have ~2000 flags of 1000 flags.

Between freeing up claims with that, and 200 new islands, there would be more than enough land to claim for everyone playing now, and damn sure more than enough land for everyone playing after the wipe. Hell, that would be enough room for everyone who's ever played on PVE to have claims, with room to spare for new players.

Edited by MeatSammich
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MeatSammich said:

Just limit the claims to 10 per any company, 20 for a company over 25 members, and 50 for companies with 100+ members. More than enough land for anyone, and seeing as how there is a company with 3000 land claims, that would be land for 59 other companies of 100+ people, or 148 companies with 25 people, or 299 companies  with less than 25 people. Thats up to 5000 to 10000 more people having land.. And thats just 1 company being divested of its land. Other companies in the top 10 have ~2000 flags of 1000 flags.

Between freeing up claims with that, and 200 new islands, there would be more than enough land to claim for everyone playing now, and damn sure more than enough land for everyone playing after the wipe. Hell, that would be enough room for everyone who's ever played on PVE to have claims, with room to spare for new players.

Exactly this, mats FTW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Luxfere said:

So wiping characters starting over again i take it?

Yup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 HQ claim per company with size of a sea claim+ 1 flag for each company member up to 15 flags per company. Upkeep price for every flag. Same goes for boats - upkeep for every boat above the company members count. Upkeep not paid = 10x decay speed. Buildings upkeep is also good. Ppl will think twice before they decide to spam foundations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, DoubleHelix said:

1 HQ claim per company with size of a sea claim+ 1 flag for each company member up to 15 flags per company. Upkeep price for every flag. Same goes for boats - upkeep for every boat above the company members count. Upkeep not paid = 10x decay speed. Buildings upkeep is also good. Ppl will think twice before they decide to spam foundations.

 

2 hours ago, Puppies4ever said:

Limitation is all what we need.

Yes, limitation is keyword here on PvE.

Sadly, enough players are so greedy they destroy the game for the majority due to it. So, Doublehelix has also a point here. 10X The rate is a bit too much I think, but t does state the urgency of how players think this must be adressed.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the flag system was a good idea just needed changing to x amount per company end of wasnt that complicated , to make such a stupid change all we will see now are islands covered in pillars and auto repair buildings as i have said in other threads of this nature 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i fear some islands just gonna be spammed filled with buildings-pillars-foundations and will kill off the local spawn of resources , they are moving ahead but this seems to this fix gonna just be intresting to see in effect , ah well give it time and see i guess, just wish the wipe was now and not in the future , numbers of players are just plain gone 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mahakmar said:

i fear some islands just gonna be spammed filled with buildings-pillars-foundations and will kill off the local spawn of resources , they are moving ahead but this seems to this fix gonna just be intresting to see in effect , ah well give it time and see i guess, just wish the wipe was now and not in the future , numbers of players are just plain gone 😞

Yes, all it takes is stacking the floors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I 100% agree. We need the following.

1. One single claim per person, each claim will be the size of a sea claim.

2. Some endgame mechanic that allows a 2nd flag per person. 

Theirs enough land for this.

Also. Once everyone is on claimable land, give us a reason to visit lawless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I would like to see is a clear explanation as to how claims are going to work on PVE.  What is the point in claimable zones if we have no way to actually claim land?

How close can someone else build to my base are all claimable areas becoming lawless?  It seems this wipe is entirely geared towards PVP and we PVE players have been

left at the wayside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually like the new system for pvp and would like to see a version of it implemented on pve servers. 1 company owning the entire island, but needing help from other players to pay for upkeep sounds very interesting. I don't mind paying taxes as long as they are not just lining someone elses pockets, but instead go towards the common good, i.e. keeping the island. It has the potential of creating seaside towns with shops and everything instead of foundation spammed coastlines. But maybe they just want to test the new system on the pvp community, have them work out the kinks, before they adjust it for pve. Who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Meliur68 said:

I actually like the new system for pvp and would like to see a version of it implemented on pve servers. 1 company owning the entire island, but needing help from other players to pay for upkeep sounds very interesting. I don't mind paying taxes as long as they are not just lining someone elses pockets, but instead go towards the common good, i.e. keeping the island. It has the potential of creating seaside towns with shops and everything instead of foundation spammed coastlines. But maybe they just want to test the new system on the pvp community, have them work out the kinks, before they adjust it for pve. Who knows.

There are better ways to implement that than giving one big company ownership and making everyone else work for them.  If you consider that the cooperation levels are Solo -->Alliance -->Company, what they needed to do was add an extra level of cooperation to that - Town.  Multiple companies and solos on an island decide to band together for a town.  That way everyone is cooperating on the same level and it doesn't start out as boss/servant.  After that you could maybe upgrade your town and have a city level of cooperation.

For a new player that would look a lot more like going to some island to set up a base and join the town there, rather than going to some island to set up a base and work for the big company who runs everything.

Edited by Winter Thorne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

There are better ways to implement that than giving one big company ownership and making everyone else work for them.  If you consider that the cooperation levels are Solo -->Alliance -->Company, what they needed to do was add an extra level of cooperation to that - Town.  Multiple companies and solos on an island decide to band together for a town.  That way everyone is cooperating on the same level and it doesn't start out as boss/servant.  After that you could maybe upgrade your town and have a city level of cooperation.

For a new player that would look a lot more like going to some island to set up a base and join the town there, rather than going to some island to set up a base and work for the big company who runs everything.

To be honest, from looking the first teasers for this game, I was convinced a town (or making one) was actually going to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×