RandomBritishDude

PvPers wont let new players on current Isands

I have sailed through 6 grid squares and on every island I am told to go away. I have tried about 20 different islands and all are being unfriendly. I feel I have to restart on a PvE server just too experience the game. I have no idea how they are going to resolve this, to stop new players from feeling like not playing due to this big issue. 

• Like 1

There is alot of truth to this...

Here is my recommendations for you if your newer and late to the land claim party....

Find Sap There is an Tree with Orange Leaves with a dotted bark its got sap use a pickaxe on it...  I saw the tree on the edge band of tropical and temperate...

Once you have a good 100 sap about 3 tree's you have yourself enough to make a set of Fur armor...

Take your fur armor and head to the tundra and be sure to bring lots and lots of fiber with you as there is no fiber there!!!

The weather will in a way defend you, and you shouldn't have alot of competition for land!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

There is alot of truth to this...

Here is my recommendations for you if your newer and late to the land claim party....

Find Sap There is an Tree with Orange Leaves with a dotted bark its got sap use a pickaxe on it...  I saw the tree on the edge band of tropical and temperate...

Once you have a good 100 sap about 3 tree's you have yourself enough to make a set of Fur armor...

Take your fur armor and head to the tundra and be sure to bring lots and lots of fiber with you as there is no fiber there!!!

The weather will in a way defend you, and you shouldn't have alot of competition for land!

Until now

• Haha 2

3 days of connection issues and my crew of 5 finally make it in onto a lawless desert island with little to no trees. Took us HOURS to get off. Couldn't figure out why people made it out so much quicker than us until I logged onto a Freeport. Takes under 20 minutes to get a raft. So if you got lucky and got in early around release at a Freeport you were given a substantial headstart.

• Like 1

then after many hours in a "freeport" to gather resources to make a raft, you go finally come to an island... where there are so many claim flags, gators, snakes, you cannot do anything but die and have your raft destroyed.  Good luck to you.

• Like 2

Most players I've run into are either constantly battling over land and resources, or belong to a mega-group that dominates an entire square. Atlas supposedly supports 40,000 players per server, but there just isn't enough space for everyone, unless we learn to share.

I'm looking for other players who wish to join my company, as well as other companies who would like to band together to share the limited land resources in the game. I know there are groups already out there, and if you're looking to do something similar, or are already doing something similar, I'd love to work together.

In this game, the only way to make progress is for us to work together and change ourselves from raft-bound vagabonds into true pirates.

Private message me if you're interested, or post in the topic I created!

40,000 is way to many for the amount of room we have. Make it 10000 and add more servers might be reasonable. 

• Like 2

On 12/24/2018 at 9:48 PM, RandomBritishDude said:

I have sailed through 6 grid squares and on every island I am told to go away. I have tried about 20 different islands and all are being unfriendly. I feel I have to restart on a PvE server just too experience the game. I have no idea how they are going to resolve this, to stop new players from feeling like not playing due to this big issue. 

The PvE server isn't much better. I managed to get a couple of flags down - one for my house and one covering the shore with my Scooner and dock (RIP Scooner. Died in the Great Ghostship culling of 2018).

Some friendly neighbourhood Russian chaps Helped themselves to my claim within the few hours I was asleep last night...
All of my work since launch day. All my grinding solo. All gone. Stolen on a 'PvE' server... :I

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

At last barely supports 1,000 people there is no way atlas can support 40,000 people the server limit is around 30,000 (15x15)x150 does not equal 40,000 also you can only spawn in fp and lawless so no way theres 150 in every square

• Like 1

hey well if youre lucky enough to find an island with a tax office and offer you some land you might be able to build! xD

So, what I've noticed, is groups of 2 to 10 wanting to claim for themselves. When they role up to an island, they refuse to integrate into one of the existing groups and just want a claim for themselves....I'm sorry, but that is unrealistic. No one is going to trust lone wolves doing their own thing in their backyard. Either accept the offer to integrate, or continue riding your raft to the next island.

You can do it, but be prepaired for failure. A big well organized tribe you cant surprise, espeacially if they place a 1x1 stone hut with bed at each flag and have a logged char in each.

But that discipline is rare, you certainly find a place occupied by a small tribe. Claim it after lunch time, if your claiming flag is not contested you have your claim after 40 minutes. Immediatelly start a huge stone base, consisting of many 1x1 chambers with beds. Try to start a second base on a rock that can only be climbed with climbing hooks, outside of ship gun range.

This Thread:

On 12/24/2018 at 4:48 PM, RandomBritishDude said:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I WANT TO CLAIM AN ISLAND AS A SOLO PLAYER WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

If you want to play solo go host your own server and play solo. You're not going to get your own land as a solo player on official. You probably won't even get to with a small company without allies, which means making friends and not playing solo.

If that is not acceptable to you then find a different game.

Edited by Cpt. Peggy Leggy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Look through the guild forums and watch for posts here... then contact people and be welcomed into an island.

Z

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

This Thread:

If you want to play solo go host your own server and play solo. You're not going to get your own land as a solo player on official. You probably won't even get to with a small company without allies, which means making friends and not playing solo.

If that is not acceptable to you then find a different game.

And this is why the player count has already started to go down...

https://steamcharts.com/app/834910

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

Good. Can't please everyone and the losers can leave.

You realize it won't be much of a game if you don't have many people to play with, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

You realize it won't be much of a game if you don't have many people to play with, right?

Like I said, you can't please everyone. You already have custom servers. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

Like I said, you can't please everyone. You already have custom servers. 

I'd rather have people to play with than try to force everyone into companies owned by a handful of people. It's not a good business model and won't convince people to convince their friends to play or give PvPers much to shoot at... If you only wanna shoot at SoTD why not play PvE?

38 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

I'd rather have people to play with than try to force everyone into companies owned by a handful of people. It's not a good business model and won't convince people to convince their friends to play or give PvPers much to shoot at... If you only wanna shoot at SoTD why not play PvE?

It's a fucking MMO. Learn how to make friends you damn basement dweller.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Patch 10.0 on Monday may address this. Neutral claims will allow these mega tribes that run the map to let smaller groups in and inhabit their land for the tax.  This was originally how devs though the game would work but with the current system required 1000's of banks all over the map.   Now they can sit back and let the inhabitants of their region farm for them. It INCENTIVIZES huge companies into allowing more players to live on and work on claimed land.  As one of the smaller groups you will pay taxes yes, but your protected by an entire grid or multiple grids by the mega tribes fleets. Players will still move to the outskirts to be tax free but most will settle on prime land compared to whats available at the moment for that tax. If the tax is too hi people will migrate to areas that have a better rate.  Maybe the islands with gems and metals will be taxed the highest.  This coupled with the increased rates will bring a new element and dynamic to the game i believe. 

On 12/24/2018 at 9:48 PM, RandomBritishDude said:

Do you even know what "PvP" means? Why would anybody give you anything for free?

47 minutes ago, Keins Thallow said:

Patch 10.0 on Monday may address this. Neutral claims will allow these mega tribes that run the map to let smaller groups in and inhabit their land for the tax.  This was originally how devs though the game would work but with the current system required 1000's of banks all over the map.   Now they can sit back and let the inhabitants of their region farm for them. It INCENTIVIZES huge companies into allowing more players to live on and work on claimed land.  As one of the smaller groups you will pay taxes yes, but your protected by an entire grid or multiple grids by the mega tribes fleets. Players will still move to the outskirts to be tax free but most will settle on prime land compared to whats available at the moment for that tax. If the tax is too hi people will migrate to areas that have a better rate.  Maybe the islands with gems and metals will be taxed the highest.  This coupled with the increased rates will bring a new element and dynamic to the game i believe. 

As much as i'd like if Atlas worked like this, we all know it's not going to happen, because:

- structures prevent resource spawning

- the game is unplayable with 100+ players on server

- there's no trade mechanics still (that will change hopefully)

- and what's most important, company owners just don't care and never will, it goes against the survival game player mentality and too much of a hassle in general