wakko151

To those leaving...

I hope many retry the game in 2ish years with official launch! There is a lot that will be changed by then and the kinks worked out! I for one play on plaything through entire EA, but EA isn't for everyone!

• Like 3

Its a great game now. Yes its laggy. Yes the launch was  horrible. Yes some days are worse then others. But they are quiting because they are alone. They don't have a group of 50 guys who are all working together. They are leaving because they can't hack the stress of play a survival game. They are on the forums listening to other people cry about the game and waiting for it to get better like if no one played the game they could find all the bugs... I hope in 2 years they come back, so i can kill them and display there body in front of my base next to all the real players who fought through the problems with there friends to actually make something out of this game instead of just crying on the forums. Your tears are needed in game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wakko151 said:

They don't have a group of 50 guys who are all working together. 

If the game is going to require you to have a group of 50 working together to enjoy it, including the PVE game, its not going to last long. Don't underestimate just how many people don't want to be a slave to some guild/clan/tribe/company leader they don't know and not everyone (in fact, most people) don't have 50 friends to play with. Even Ark, as grindy as it was, didn't force you to play with large groups to enjoy it. Sure, official PVP was pointless without a decent sized tribe but PVE was still enjoyable solo or in a small group. If that wasn't the case, Ark wouldn't have been as popular as it was/is. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

If the game is going to require you to have a group of 50 working together to enjoy it, including the PVE game, its not going to last long. Don't underestimate just how many people don't want to be a slave to some guild/clan/tribe/company leader they don't know and not everyone (in fact, most people) don't have 50 friends to play with. Even Ark, as grindy as it was, didn't force you to play with large groups to enjoy it. Sure, official PVP was pointless without a decent sized tribe but PVE was still enjoyable solo or in a small group. If that wasn't the case, Ark wouldn't have been as popular as it was/is. 

"About the Game" in Steam says:

Start small then expand your spheres of influence from a small island, up to an unstoppable pirate empire that spans across the oceans.

It'll be exceptionally difficult for people to form an empire of one person.  But hat doesn't mean you have to have a group of 50, either.  Especially if you are in it for the PVE.  I play on a small private server with about a dozen or more people scattered around, some solo and others in groups.  And it's a heck of a lot of fun!  And since it's a private server, we were able to tweak some settings to match our playstyle (AKA, take out some of the grind, reduce wolves, reduce ghost ships, etc).

And working as a team doesn't mean being a slave to anyone.  In fact, being a team would be quite different.  Unfortunately a lot of people struggle with the social aspects of online games (not necessarily a bad thing, and not a jab at anyone).  But if you can find a group you get along with, there's a lot of fun to be had.  And you never know, even if you join a larger company, maybe one day you'll be in charge.

you know what man, noone cares if you will miss people that paid 20 bucks for a game that has a corruptible user account system that negates their ability to play on their account unless they keep buying new accounts every time their old one gets corrupted by the server. Noone cares, not even the devs. 

• Like 1

I don't want to leave, the game will not let me log in.

Nor I get a reply on my tickets.

Nor is there any place to "flag" anymore.

Due to the "flagging" there's no spot left to claim.

Game is allready getting to its height and will fall tremendously within a few weeks if there's no improvement. Then you'd wish you kept your arrogant post for yourself.

• Like 2

Nobody cares about who you miss or not. Nobody knows you, if u would stop to exist, no one would care.
Have a good 2019.

image.gif

Edited by ThisWayisUP
  • Like 3

My entire company and discord already stoped playing.

No worry, we wont miss the game, but we're still gonna inform new players about how much cancer we got from it.

• Like 5

its crazy how some hate the game but do nothing but waste minutes of their life staying around talking about how others should hate it like them.

Do you really need others to justify your opinions and self  worth? Or do you have so little else in your life that you just want to ruin the fun others have?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, archaegeo said:

its crazy how some hate the game but do nothing but waste minutes of their life staying around talking about how others should hate it like them.

Do you really need others to justify your opinions and self  worth? Or do you have so little else in your life that you just want to ruin the fun others have?

Nobody hates the game, we just trying to make it  better.

It's also early access so, we are supposed to give our opinion.

To say it with your own words, just because you have fun it doesn't mean everybody has to have fun.

21 hours ago, wakko151 said:

...we won't miss you.

Patrick Soderlund, is that you?

Battlefield 5 Merchants wish you would have kept your mouth shut.

10 hours ago, archaegeo said:

Wrong...we point out what's wrong with the game in hopes that it gets fixed.  Stop using emotional thinking, and use rational thinking instead.

• Thanks 1

What you miss, with your emotional thinking, is that if we all sit around talking about how great the game is...it isn't...nothing will get fixed.  They don't fix what you are happy with.  So we point out what we are not happy with, so that it will get fixed.  Those who defend what is wrong, are wrong because they inhibit the change that is needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

I hope many retry the game in 2ish years with official launch! There is a lot that will be changed by then and the kinks worked out! I for one play on plaything through entire EA, but EA isn't for everyone!

Are they going to rethink their skill tree, and split the users from the creators?  The Captain is not the ship builder.  I will make a thread addressing this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Najamal said:

To say it with your own words, just because you have fun it doesn't mean everybody has to have fun.

55 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Wrong...we point out what's wrong with the game in hopes that it gets fixed.  Stop using emotional thinking, and use rational thinking instead.

That was 100% directed at Hanabi who was just going around in every post this morning posting how he hated the game and the video on youtube of an angry rant against it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, archaegeo said:

That was 100% directed at Hanabi who was just going around in every post this morning posting how he hated the game and the video on youtube of an angry rant against it.

If you hover over the picture above their name, a window will pop up and you can block people who are offensive and immature.  I blocked a few of them (Hanabi included), and the forums seem so much better now!

5 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Wrong...we point out what's wrong with the game in hopes that it gets fixed. 

Some do, but unfortunately a lot do it in a really juvenile and destructive (not constructive) way.  

It's true, there are a lot of things that need to be fixed.  It's also true (I hope) that as those issues surface, they'll get resolved.  But that's a totally different story than posting personal insults at anyone including the devs, randomly attacking other players and calling them names, or going on tirades about how the game is doomed and yada yada yada.  But it's like rotten children: they'll kick and scream because it's better if Mom pays some attention rather than no attention.  And when they don't get the attention they want, they kick and scream louder.

23 hours ago, killahsin said:

you know what man, noone cares if you will miss people that paid 20 bucks for a game that has a corruptible user account system that negates their ability to play on their account unless they keep buying new accounts every time their old one gets corrupted by the server. Noone cares, not even the devs. 

I think it's safe to assume that the OP was directing it at the crazy, overly dramatic posts that had issues around balance, rather than those with actual connection issues and stuff that actually prevent them from playing.  I hope that's what they meant, otherwise it does change the tone and context quite a bit

• Like 2

I don't understand why people think because they are working with someone to benefit a group that they are some how a slave getting taken advantage of.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Najamal said:

You are trying to make it better, but there are others here who are only here to @@#$& about it, I ncluding at least one person who doesn’t even own it, just hates Wildcard.

• Like 1

You can tell everyone who plays this game is a kid because not a single one of the tried and true responses from anyone who ever played nay game worth playing when someone said they were leaving...

can i have your stuff

that is THE only acceptable response to someone who is leaving and in a game that is completely wrapped around taking other peoples stuff it is even more apropos (look it up) when it comes to this one.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wakko151 said:

I don't understand why people think because they are working with someone to benefit a group that they are some how a slave getting taken advantage of.

Because that is how bad large clans are run. What you’re talking about is similar numbers but a different experience.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Because that is how bad large clans are run. What you’re talking about is similar numbers but a different experience.

I think you have just had some bad experiences with people. This game is based on groups working together. Its a large map so large groups made of smaller groups working together. If you are not even willing to try and work with other people you are not going to enjoy this game.

On 1/1/2019 at 11:14 PM, wakko151 said:

...we won't miss you.

You do get that everyone that leaves is taking money away from the future development of this and/or any other game by this company right? And people that leave because they're fed up probably know people, and they'll quite possibly tell those people not to buy this game either, which compounds that issue, right? So if you like this game like you say you do, isn't a thread like this self-defeating? 

If the devs are smart they'll do everything they can to keep people from leaving. If they don't, this game won't live long enough to get out of EA. 

• Like 2

im only sticking around for the dev kit , the game was made for everyone to greif each other there is no anti greifing so everyone is an ass hole in the game out of insecurities 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Reklesnes said:

im only sticking around for the dev kit , the game was made for everyone to greif each other there is no anti greifing so everyone is an ass hole in the game out of insecurities 

.. like pirates.

• Like 1