wakko151

To those leaving...

Just now, jmotivator said:

.. like pirates.

the one quote everyone uses and thinks its ok to grief haha

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wakko151 said:

I think you have just had some bad experiences with people. This game is based on groups working together. Its a large map so large groups made of smaller groups working together. If you are not even willing to try and work with other people you are not going to enjoy this game.

Lol I’m not talking about my own experiences. I’m talking about the difference good and bad large clans in all mmo’s. Good ones are about groups having fun together. Bad ones are about leaders treating members like slaves. Both are large but they are dramatically different xperiences. You’ve played on my Ark server and I’ve talked with you on discord. I know already that you have the right ideas about what a large clan should be, but for reasons passing understanding some people allow themselves to become part of the other type. There will be some of those in this game most likely, but hopefully they will be outnumbered by people just having fun together.

3 hours ago, wakko151 said:

I don't understand why people think because they are working with someone to benefit a group that they are some how a slave getting taken advantage of.

Because all large clans operate this way.  The leaders have the fun, the slaves smash rocks, in the hopes of some PvP action later, which likely isn't even going to be PvP, because it will likely be against an undefended target, or a very lightly defended target.  And how are you spec'd?  With as restrictive as they have the skill tree, you won't likely be well spec'd for combat if they are asking you to do other things, "for the good of the company."

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Because all large clans operate this way.  The leaders have the fun, the slaves smash rocks, in the hopes of some PvP action later, which likely isn't even going to be PvP, because it will likely be against an undefended target, or a very lightly defended target.  And how are you spec'd?  With as restrictive as they have the skill tree, you won't likely be well spec'd for combat if they are asking you to do other things, "for the good of the company."

So your company is setup this way and so all others are setup this way? You have joined companies before in your extensive 2 week career in Atlas and they are all the same. This is somehow the games fault. The game makers made a bad game because all the guys you know have little to no respect for you and treat you like a slave.

Its not like that every where. I don't even think its like that most places. I think it just sounds good in your head. A way to win some kind of forum argument. Well the prize is you typing on the forums instead of accomplishing anything in game. Good luck with that.

On 1/1/2019 at 9:16 PM, Goldfish The Builder said:

I hope many retry the game in 2ish years with official launch! There is a lot that will be changed by then and the kinks worked out! I for one play on plaything through entire EA, but EA isn't for everyone!

Well they still need to have enough money to last the two years. Sales weren’t awesome as far as I can see 

16 hours ago, jmotivator said:

.. like pirates.

Edited by Winter Thorne
duplicate

.. like pirates.

No, like people who cheat at games.

If it's real pirates that you want, get off your computer and go to Somalia.  Have a nice trip.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

If it's real pirates that you want, get off your computer and go to Somalia.  Have a nice trip.

to be clear, you are promoting people stop playing this game and join the somali pirates? a terrorist organization? Because.....why exactly?

17 minutes ago, wakko151 said:

to be clear, you are promoting people stop playing this game and join the somali pirates? a terrorist organization? Because.....why exactly?

Well, they seem to like pirates a lot, and feel that if you're a pirate everything is justified, so that might be the perfect place for them.  I don't think they'd do well there..run in eager to join up, some guy immediately stabs them, and says, "Hey, we're just being pirates."   That's what they like, isn't it?'

(They also seem confused about the difference between playing a pirate game and intentionally abusing bugs in the game just to annoy other players)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Well, they seem to like pirates a lot, and feel that if you're a pirate everything is justified, so that might be the perfect place for them.  I don't think they'd do well there..run in eager to join up, some guy immediately stabs them, and says, "Hey, we're just being pirates."   That's what they like, isn't it?'

(They also seem confused about the difference between playing a pirate game and intentionally abusing bugs in the game just to annoy other players)

I think the confusion is with you. There are guidelines to piracy.
Piracy happens in open seas. Griefing happens at ports and anchored ships on shore. Pirates ask you to stop or they will sink you. Demand you open all boxes. Take stuff and then leave. Griefers kill you and never say anything but insults and lies. Pirates are well known, Griefers are also well known. Pirates don't change there name because there name is what garners there victims to stop and not fight. Griefers change there name and jump around into to different groups because everyone hates them.

What you are describing is a griefer. I think you are just lumping the two together. There needs to be some kind of unifying truths taht all parties agree on to keep a group together. I can't speak for everyone but I have been using the Pieces of Eight since BOB was pushed out of NullSec and into the Great Wild. I hope this helps you as much as its helped me. Try not to take this game too serious.

"The Pieces of Eight"
1 There are No Rules Only Consequences.
2 Join or Die
3 Learn and Teach
4 Loyalty is worth more then Money
5 You are only as Good as your Word
6 Actions speak Louder then Words
7 Put Needs before Wants
8 Active Leadership or Mutiny

These are Empirical Truths. They stand as Warnings to the Wise.

Edited by wakko151
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wakko151 said:

I think the confusion is with you. There are guidelines to piracy.
Piracy happens in open seas. Griefing happens at ports and anchored ships on shore. 

What you are describing is a griefer.

Nope it's definitely with you.

The person I quoted was complaining about griefing.  Some guy answered "like pirates", meaning..anything is ok, because....pirates.  

Some of us get tired of explaining to the feeble-minded that being "pirates" in a game isn't the same as griefing, which is abusing a broken game mechanic to annoy people, so I suggested if anything was ok in the name of piracy that he try Somalia.  (Griefing has nothing to do with ports or shore, btw..it's abusing bugs in a game, that's all.  Like killing other players on the pve server, sinking rafts with weight, etc.)

At that point, you posted some weird made up rules of honor you have for pirates as though it's a real thing and everybody does it, which was kinda weird, disagreed with me, saying I was confused, all the time AGREEING with me about griefers not being pirates.  

I'd say that's about as confused as it gets, and now I have a headache.

• Like 4

2weeks later and you have to search for it on ttv they wont release in 2 years like no1 is going to give a fuck about it in 12months

On 1/2/2019 at 6:14 AM, wakko151 said:

...we won't miss you.

Honestly i wouldn't bother if you quit as well, this is not the kind of post i want to read when i have 5 min discussing the game.

• Like 3

From what i have seen in this game so far its almost impossible to solo play. I think if you going to plan on playing solo then go onto the PvE server (atleast you are more protected).
That being said the PvP server's are dedicated for the strongest to survive and the weak to get eaten. 
I joined this game with 15 of my friends the day before launch. By Launch we had about 45. Now just over 2 weeks in we close to 200 people. 
You can easily play this game with 3-8 friends as long as you are active, but you must limit yourself to smaller ships. If you use the bigger ships then bigger guilds will see you as a threat and treat you as such. 
I would say about 50% of guilds use a 100% kill on sight tactic for all ships coming near there territory. So for small groups just be careful out there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harold Godwinson said:

From what i have seen in this game so far its almost impossible to solo play. I think if you going to plan on playing solo then go onto the PvE server (atleast you are more protected).
That being said the PvP server's are dedicated for the strongest to survive and the weak to get eaten. 
I joined this game with 15 of my friends the day before launch. By Launch we had about 45. Now just over 2 weeks in we close to 200 people. 
You can easily play this game with 3-8 friends as long as you are active, but you must limit yourself to smaller ships. If you use the bigger ships then bigger guilds will see you as a threat and treat you as such. 
I would say about 50% of guilds use a 100% kill on sight tactic for all ships coming near there territory. So for small groups just be careful out there.

Yeah, 100% agree with that.

I would say talk to people too. Be honest. Saves alot of time. Fight back if they aren't talking or are already attacking. Even if you lose you might get recruited.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:24 PM, wakko151 said:

I think you have just had some bad experiences with people. This game is based on groups working together. Its a large map so large groups made of smaller groups working together. If you are not even willing to try and work with other people you are not going to enjoy this game.

So why when your try putting a foundation too near someone elses does it say your foundation is too near an enemy foundation ?

J

9 hours ago, Harold Godwinson said:

I might suggest that pvp is possible solo but only ganking players when they are on their own with firearms. Ship play unless you can crew up and put guns on a sloop or schooner is impossible alone. Auto sails and one click gunnery of course would fix this it would also allow for company players to play solo occasionally, but then everyone would use them - exactly..! Perhaps a skill that allows auto sail and one click gunnery. Having tested the water with this idea it doesn't seem to be a particularly popular one. So I guess ship pvp is not going to be an option of a solo player, you can still gank however and I presume loot those that you kill. This will annoy people enough if you get it right. Im even thinking of doing this myself - set up a small hidden base in lawless no claim other than the building. Sail around  looking for players harvesting resources on an island kill steal and sail away. 

J

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:23 PM, wakko151 said:

So your company is setup this way and so all others are setup this way? You have joined companies before in your extensive 2 week career in Atlas and they are all the same. This is somehow the games fault. The game makers made a bad game because all the guys you know have little to no respect for you and treat you like a slave.

Its not like that every where. I don't even think its like that most places. I think it just sounds good in your head. A way to win some kind of forum argument. Well the prize is you typing on the forums instead of accomplishing anything in game. Good luck with that.

I can assure you that if they launch the auto sail and one click gunnery option most people will leave the companies and set up small groups with a ship each. There is a big difference between asking a corp mate to take the galleon and fill up from market with sap and bring it back to base, than you have to run food to your captain while he shoots the mortar, if your lucky you might get mentioned on my streamer channel for feeding me the food I need. I was just watching a streamer who runs a company - screaming to be brought some fish. F YOU GET YOUR OWN FISH CHUMP.

J

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 1:38 PM, wakko151 said:

2 Join or Die

Its not meant as an ultimatum. You don't have to join me. In fact you are not allowed to join me. But you gotta join someone or you gotta run your mouth on the forums about the game sucking cause no one wants to be your friend.

On 1/2/2019 at 7:20 PM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Are they going to rethink their skill tree, and split the users from the creators?  The Captain is not the ship builder.  I will make a thread addressing this.

This sounds interesting.  I've played D&D since the mid 70s (and also D&D Online since 2006) and being able to choose skills from separate trees in order to "cross class" can make some really unique character abilities.  For example, if I wanted to play a farmer, I'd probably use Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Simple Building and Bartering as primary skills.  I could focus on crop yield or focus on breeding various mounts.  If I were smart I'd pick a specialty to pump points into but also keep my Barter skills up there to make better deals.

You don't have the standard 6 characteristics which you can pre-configure your character to favor certain skills, but there are equivalent traits in the level up system even though you can only assign 1 point per level-up.

You could have multiple trees specializing in various shipboard and/or Harbor skills like Sail Making, Shipboard Carpentry, Shipboard Combat, Boatwright, etc.

Just a thought to consider

Edited by Hambo
  • Like 2

Just had another "mass pvp" and i'm honestly not sure how can anyone say that Atlas was designed for large companies when the technical part just can't handle it. Constant disconnects, ingame ping meter always showing 255 (much more than that in reality), and whole ships getting kicked from the server even while only a small part of our alliance took part in it. Dunno if we made it (probably yes, it doesn't matter how much you can't reload a gun if you can just zerg the enemy) 'cuz i got super bored and deserted.

On 1/4/2019 at 9:36 AM, Winter Thorne said:

Well, no, you are literally playing a game of High Seas Rust.  You can't play a game where all the rules are bent towards rewarding the wicked and then complain that there are mean people.  That is quite literally the game.  It punishes those who don't band together in large groups for protection.

1 hour ago, jmotivator said:

Well, no, you are literally playing a game of High Seas Rust.  You can't play a game where all the rules are bent towards rewarding the wicked and then complain that there are mean people.  That is quite literally the game.  It punishes those who don't band together in large groups for protection.

Strawman.

We're not talking about the game rules.

We're talking about the people who break the rules, because they can, temporarily, because there's a bug in the game.  (And then go around acting like they're just "being a pirate")

Good to see the devs have put a process in place for reporting these people and getting them banned while the code fixes get worked out.

As for the rest of what you said,  that may apply to the pvp server, but it doesn't on pve.

On 1/3/2019 at 4:44 PM, Warspectre said:

You do get that everyone that leaves is taking money away from the future development of this and/or any other game by this company right? And people that leave because they're fed up probably know people, and they'll quite possibly tell those people not to buy this game either, which compounds that issue, right? So if you like this game like you say you do, isn't a thread like this self-defeating? 

If the devs are smart they'll do everything they can to keep people from leaving. If they don't, this game won't live long enough to get out of EA. 

Ain't that the truth. The mobs and taming in this game are ridiculously difficult. It's another game that turns gaming into a chore.

"Like Pirates". Nah, like Zap Brannigan, killing player after player to get something done. Snore!