Sign in to follow this  
HANABI

ATLAS, The worst game of 2018

36 minutes ago, HANABI said:

Pirates were the fuckin' bane of the oceans and now, we're like virgins that don't want to get raped in the back alley, that's all.

Actually Pirates were not the bane of the oceans.  They were a pain in the ass for most merchants.  Privateers and frigate captains were the bane of the oceans.   As many times they sailed bigger better armed ships and had far better trained crews.  Most pirates sailed around in what was called "unrates" nothing more than a sloop (single mast ship) or brigs, which were not powerful in the slightest... The heaviest armed brig had 18-20 guns, that is 9- 10 guns a side and a crew of 100-150.  While your typical frigate like the HMS Essex, had over 40 guns and a crew of over 300.  

The BEST pirates in history lived at most a year or two before they were captured and put to death.   The myth of pirates being these powerful scary things is just that a myth.  

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Actually Pirates were not the bane of the oceans.  They were a pain in the ass for most merchants.  Privateers and frigate captains were the bane of the oceans.   As many times they sailed bigger better armed ships and had far better trained crews.  Most pirates sailed around in what was called "unrates" nothing more than a sloop (single mast ship) or brigs, which were not powerful in the slightest... The heaviest armed brig had 18-20 guns, that is 9- 10 guns a side and a crew of 100-150.  While your typical frigate like the HMS Essex, had over 40 guns and a crew of over 300.  

The BEST pirates in history lived at most a year or two before they were captured and put to death.   The myth of pirates being these powerful scary things is just that a myth.  

But this game actually roll with this myth ...

Today was the last time i launched ATLAS, after 115hours played on this game, i got enough of this BULLSHIT !!

That's part of the 90% I was talking about.  This game will absolutely lose 90% of its player base unless they do something fast.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Don't forget about this pirate. Olivier Levasseur He lived a long career and still got captured but did alot for pirates back in the day around nassau.

btw please people stop comparing this game to real life... real life was even worse that time than it is now.... just dont do that!

This post just shows what is wrong with the gaming community these days, ya'll way too easy to be swayed by other peoples opinions instead of making your own mind up about stuff. The majority of what you cried about was expected from the get go, especially considering it's the very first few builds of an early access title, did you honestly expect it to A) Be a smooth launch and B) Not have balance issues?

Nobody cares if you have a thousand hours in ARK, this is about Atlas and everything you have complained about you should have expected before you even considered buying the game. I highly recommend never buying an EA game again if this is your reaction. As for the rest of your post it's nothing but YouTubers doing what they do best, posting a popular opinion about a popular game to get views / money.

You're probably one of the kids that is sitting in their discord for hours on end spamming copy and paste BS instead of just doing something else that's actually productive.

Edit:

Pointless even replying to this child anyway looking at his past posts, claims he knew the game would be a "copy and paste" of ARK and not work properly, tells people to stop crying about stuff yet goes ahead and buys Atlas anyway and proceeds to cry about everything. 🤔

Edited by Lv1Magikarp
  • Like 1

1450 hrs in ARK is unrelated and can assure you- not experienced. You can have 4 hrs or 10k hrs in a game, unless people know what the learning capacity was met= pointless.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Personally, I see the game WAY better than release day. Just saying. and yes, based on public data available; the player base is going down.

The Devs need constructive feedback. Remember they are building a game for everyone if they can. And if they want the game as it is now, so be it. Either buy it, play or move on.

2/3 of your points leads to lags/connection issues. Great, what the heck did u expect? Even Blizzard has insane problems with releasing World of Warcraft DLCs. Its literally unplayable like first 2 days. 

You are complaining about ghost ships too. I don´t know man but have you tried to build schooner with like 8 cannons and just kill that ship? Because if you lose your schooner against NPC ship, you are just complete trash player. 

First few days? This game was shit, I agree. 1 week later? It´s much much better. 

I really don´t know what expectations people have from EA? EA is faaaar from completed/balanced game, it´s a game in development where developers need feedback from players. And yes, you can find ghost ship which rapes you and sinks your ship. Why? Because developers were not able to balance it or just simply didn´t have time to test every aspect of game. Thats why it is early access. IF you are buying EA game you just need to be ready for a game full of bugs/glitches.

They even said before release that they expect brutal problems for first few days. Yet people expect to buy EA game and be able to play that smoothly and perfectly balanced. Logic ...

PS: ARK was extreme shit at the beginning, like much much worse than this. Yet you have 1400 hours in it. Give this 2-3 weeks, it will be much better.

Edited by Willard

6 hours ago, qpicNor said:

Endlich vier Kartenblöcke auf einer dedizierten Maschine ausführen, ich bin fertig! Das Spiel macht Spaß und ich hoffe, das Spiel wird wachsen!

Wir haben auch nen privaten Server gemietet, eigentlich 2 ( einen Hauptserver und einen Expansionsserver im Cluster für eine größere Karte) und 2 weitere Expansionsserver sind vorbestellt. Die Kartenarchitektur (1 Server/Grid) ist fürn Arsch. Aber wir haben Spaß mit Atlas. 🙂

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Willard said:

2/3 of your points leads to lags/connection issues. Great, what the heck did u expect? Even Blizzard has insane problems with releasing World of Warcraft DLCs. Its literally unplayable like first 2 days. 

You are complaining about ghost ships too. I don´t know man but have you tried to build schooner with like 8 cannons and just kill that ship? Because if you lose your schooner against NPC ship, you are just complete trash player. 

First few days? This game was shit, I agree. 1 week later? It´s much much better. 

I really don´t know what expectations people have from EA? EA is faaaar from completed/balanced game, it´s a game in development where developers need feedback from players. And yes, you can find ghost ship which rapes you and sinks your ship. Why? Because developers were not able to balance it or just simply didn´t have time to test every aspect of game. Thats why it is early access. IF you are buying EA game you just need to be ready for a game full of bugs/glitches.

They even said before release that they expect brutal problems for first few days. Yet people expect to buy EA game and be able to play that smoothly and perfectly balanced. Logic ...

PS: ARK was extreme shit at the beginning, like much much worse than this. Yet you have 1400 hours in it. Give this 2-3 weeks, it will be much better.

Youre an idiot. You are the problem. You are. You.

50 minutes ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

Come back in 2 years when it is not in Early Access 🙂 

In two years this game will still be shit. The devs have no sense of direction, the game is less than a skeleton it should be easy to flesh it out a bit at this point but they still manage to screw everyting out. And its not bugs in the coding or implementation, its just bad decisions. Things that even were they to run flawlessly would still be bad additions.

In two years id be surprised if there were still public servers runnning.

6 hours ago, archaegeo said:

And a lot of us are having a blast in the game

You can have a blast and still think the game is poorly made, these are not incompatible, in fact if you have some kind of strong judgment you should be able to make that point by yourself without people telling you. This kind of open world, survival, pvp with a lot of rp element attract a lot people. In those games communities are big and creative. Sadly this genre generally have very bad and broken games despite their amazing communities. In fact those games are more often than not entirely hold and raise by their communities, it's the case in all the survival games, be it with in game organization, or the modders, server admins and what not. Minecraft is a prime example.

Edited by ExplodingYeti

Worst game of 2018? OOF. You mean just like Sea of Thieves and Fallout 76? Everybody so quick to deem the latest MMO release as the WORST. I think it has plenty of competition for the worst game of the year I wouldn't go that far XD.

14 minutes ago, McGimp said:

Youre an idiot. You are the problem. You are. You.

So I am idiot because Im enjoying the game and I´m not mad about issues that were expected? Ok. Or is it because I told you you are bad in this game if you lose your schooner against AI ship and it touches you? (oh Im 1400 hours experienced builder in ARK which means im king in Atlas) 😄 I don´t think u fully understand EA concept 😉 Just refund this game, Steam allows you to do that no matter how many hours you put in. You will have peace in your soul and we will continue enjoying this game which will be (hopefully) better and better just like ARK.

Edited by Willard

6 minutes ago, Willard said:

So I am idiot because Im enjoying the game and I´m not mad about issues that were expected? Ok 😄 I don´t think u fully understand EA concept 😉 Just refund this game, Steam allows you to do that no matter how many hours you put in.

I dont think you do either. EA is meant to hammer out bugs and there are plenty to speak of. I have no issue with those, i expect them. EA isnt a catchall to deny all bad choices made by the devs. Read my earlier posts in this thread regarding SoD.

Some bugs i expect and am okay with being that its EA

Walking to a raft will sometimes launch you in the air about 60 feet killing you|
People sometimes are unable to spawn on beds.
Animals often charge under your characters hit box making them near impossible to hit.
Claim flags.. ill just leave that there
Lag in large scale pvp.
The list goes on - these things are all fine, they need to be fixed.. but thats what EA is for.

There are things being done to and released into this game that make no sense and break the game for a large number of players. Or just make the games progression climb too steep. And screaming EA in regard to these things encourages the devs to think that these implementations are acceptable. They. Are. Not.

Edit: And no you may not be an idiot. Youre probably a pretty decent guy. Your statement was idiotic though. 

Edited by McGimp

Update on the game bugs - As i type this i have a croc attacking me through my boats walls LOL. THAT is EA though and not something i warrant as something to yell at the forums about. Just thought id bring it up to put some emphasis on my previous point. The timing was too perfect.

I thought Bless Online or Fallout76 was the worst games of 2018?

Will say in the end I had a lot of fun in Bless Online and Atlas....Fallout76 I ended up refunding through a dispute of charges (only time ever doing so) due to game being a complete fail as far as I was concerned.

1 minute ago, Trox said:

I thought Bless Online or Fallout76 was the worst games of 2018?

Will say in the end I had a lot of fun in Bless Online and Atlas....Fallout76 I ended up refunding through a dispute of charges (only time ever doing so) due to game being a complete fail as far as I was concerned.

If it were labeled as EA would you have stuck around?

Edited by McGimp

1 hour ago, McGimp said:

If it were labeled as EA would you have stuck around?

Nope; I mainly disputed charges because of the bait and switch bullshit they were constantly trying to pull with their offers. The game itself wasn't really my cup or tea and was buggy as all hell, but if that was only issue I wouldn't have disputed charges. If I was to rank the three games as worst launch I would say Bless Online was worst, then Atlas, then Fallout76...but Bless Online and Atlas at least seem to give a shit about their players and had attempted to fix things in a timely manner (even if they tend to swing and miss about 50% of the time at least they are trying). IMO Bethsada is absolute garbage dev team now (based on how they treating their customers and the constant bait and switches) with only my.com being worse than them.

Edit: I should add the Atlas launch problems were zero surprise for me since I played Ark a bit on launch (just can't get into it much for some reason; hard to really pinpoint but something about the game bugs me and not the issues) and Dark & Lights launch (which I also had a ton of fun with and truth Atlas game play feels more like D&L than Ark imo).

Edited by Trox

12 hours ago, McGimp said:

You can never know, but you can make an effort to apply pressure to the devs by voicing your concerns. Rather than constantly excusing it with - "its EA" "everything will probably, maybe, one day be better"

I have 60 hours in the game so im also enjoying parts of it. my question is in regard to one point you made. You said "Yes, there are issues but they have made so many improvements already." What improvements to gameplay have been made? Other than fixing SoD which shouldnt have been released this early to begin with considering there were already so many things that needed fixing.

That is pretty much the literal definition of Early Access.  A game that isn't fully functional yet that will hopefully, maybe be better one day.  That's almost equivalent to saying "I wish everyone would just stop telling me that the sky is blue."

What improvements have they made so far?  

Anyone can now demolish shipwreck structures to regain resources so get your diving suits ready!

- NPC Trading Ships are back and no longer affected by wild dino destruction commands! Reminder for those with deep pockets, the trader ships have an epic Dragon which can be purchased for 50,000 gold coins

Further reduced Ship of the Damned spawns by 20%

Those are just a few points from the patch notes within the past like day or so.  So, you know, those improvements.  I would post more, but there's a lot of good stuff in the patch notes.  You should check them out.

12 hours ago, peter said:

you might think there is no point about bitching, but for a lot of us thats the only thing we can do... its sad, i do not like it, but its how it is

That's because we are playing a game being developed by someone else.  I get the impression that a lot of people seem to have have the impression that any EA game is being designed just for them.  In reality, it probably isn't.  What makes those people any more special than any other player, other than their own perception? 

And there are a lot of other things you can do than just bitching.  Like playing a game you are enjoying, rather than a game you are not enjoying.

12 hours ago, peter said:

its not you to judge peoples threads and rages... some people have it not easy to stay calm and are very upset... and they will let it out in form of rage... 

Rage is unhealthy.  Especially over a game that cost all of $25, has been out for a week, and in Early Access no less.  People need to chill out.  Observing people lose their cool over this is mind-blowing, to be honest.  If you bought a buggy game, go refund it if you're not happy.  Too late to refund it?  Well, should have paid attention to the time you had to make the decision rather than ignoring it.  There are restrictions with the Steam refunds.  And Steam makes those restrictions, and you agree to them when you buy through them.

10 hours ago, HANABI said:

So ... Everybody started to wander what i was really thinking by making this topic, so i should have been more precise about my true opinion.

Let me clarify that, i love the concept of the game, i love the piracy theme and the big old canons like in the 17th or 18th century, it's THE COOLEST part of history in my opinion and i love it !! SO MUCH !!

Does this mean you've come back?  So your original post was not your good bye?  I'm confused.  If you are leaving, good bye.  I hear minecraft is fun.  Or PUBG.

And honestly, if people are getting this worked out, it's probably best to take a step back and say "You know what, I'm either going to cut my losses and move on, or hope that with time and a bit more baking it's going to be amazing."  If you are spending hour after hour and hating it, then just stop.  A discounted pricetag of like $25CAD is not worth the stress you're putting yourself through.  Come back in a week, or month, or year, or whenever, but stop forcing yourself to endure something you're not enjoying.

Eh, Youre right theyve made some decent changes. Im just salty i cant play the game solo in its current state. I dont much care for the zerg life. 

20 minutes ago, McGimp said:

Eh, Youre right theyve made some decent changes. Im just salty i cant play the game solo in its current state. I dont much care for the zerg life. 

Try a private server.  Under the "Dedicated Servers" forum is a link for advertised private servers.  They are immeasurably better than the public servers right now.  And a small PVE server is little different than solo, a lot of solitary players play on them and just kinda do their own thing.

One of the biggest issues is the size... obviously the public servers are HUGE.  But I've been playing on a 3x3 with a small group of players, and we've barely explored 4 of the 9 zones.  We spend most of our time dying to wolves, lions, sharks, dehydration, starvation, etc etc.  Even ghost ships (although we play with a significantly reduced spawn rate which is SO MUCH better!)

Give it a shot.. It's actually turning out to be a super fun game even in this early stage, but the public servers still have a ways to go. 😉 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Domino said:

Try a private server.  Under the "Dedicated Servers" forum is a link for advertised private servers.  They are immeasurably better than the public servers right now.  And a small PVE server is little different than solo, a lot of solitary players play on them and just kinda do their own thing.

One of the biggest issues is the size... obviously the public servers are HUGE.  But I've been playing on a 3x3 with a small group of players, and we've barely explored 4 of the 9 zones.  We spend most of our time dying to wolves, lions, sharks, dehydration, starvation, etc etc.  Even ghost ships (although we play with a significantly reduced spawn rate which is SO MUCH better!)

Give it a shot.. It's actually turning out to be a super fun game even in this early stage, but the public servers still have a ways to go. 😉 

I tryed to play on a private server ... It's cool but i still want to kill mysel 😛
Too much shity wolves, too much spawns of those craps, i never died that much in a game than in atlas, their damage need to be balanced (Because plate armor reduce 0 damage compared to the ARK plate armor, is it made with shity material like rubber ?) + Even if you level up HP, you gain 3 Points ... Fuck my ass ? In ARK it's 10 !!

They deal too much damage against you when wild and are useless when tamed (Not enough damage XD)

+ I will repeat myself, but i love atlas, the concept is crazy but ... It's not a BETA, it's an EARLY ALPHA Game with this much bullshit, and dev always make bad decisions to balance things.

Why reduce aggro range while you can reduce the Damned Ships speed to offer people the chance to outrun them ?Also, don't call yourselves an ATLAS player when you can't even make the différence with the motherfuckin GHOST SHIP (Wich is a mini-boss)

GHOST.thumb.jpg.9bbef136704cecb386a74c731192341f.jpg

Now, to those who made the mistake by calling the Damned Ships "Ghost Ships" can you quit this topic please ? You're not enough informed to be able to talk, you're too stupid to make good arguing or good points since you don't even know what you're talking about.

AND THIS IS A DAMNED SHIP : And you're the kind of people that are allowed to vote ? Seriously ? I understand why the world is going to shit with dumb, missinformed people like you dude.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.5b581e5fc03d0b4be7938c73043a97d4.jpg

Edited by HANABI

42 minutes ago, McGimp said:

Soloplay is really hard in Atlas. Honestly I think its not even meant to be played alone. Maybe, just maybe, on pve private servers with increased rates and increased skillpoints for levels.