Sign in to follow this  
HANABI

ATLAS, The worst game of 2018

Hello !! You probably remember me because i made some topics about the claiming system and the Ship of Damned being way too op and way too fast for their sizes ... Today was the last time i launched ATLAS, after 115hours played on this game, i got enough of this BULLSHIT !!

Before i leave this horrible, unfair,  atrocious, cancerous game, i'm gonna make a list of everything wrong with it and prove to everyone here how bad it is and why they should stop playing it NOW !!

On this topic, you're all gonna be able to watch videos, screens and other things to prove my point about the flaws of this game.

FIRST !! I want to deliver the proof that i played 115 hours on this game and 1450 hours on ARK, so i'm a pretty experienced player, even if i'm normaly a builder ~

1753249176_MTNFTG.PNG.a734ada7c98d4c9a12002427dafd2365.PNG

ARK.PNG.d752a8586fb2c33c6b67c7b1aca694f9.PNG

SECOND !! I'm gonna make the list with everything wrong that happened to the launch of ATLAS, wich was the WORST of the year !!

- 4 DELAYS !! (13th December to 19th to 21 and finally, to 22th)

- GAME WAS UNPLAYABLE FIRST DAY BECAUSE CANCEROUS SERVERS COULDN'T HANDLE IT (Rollbacks, Time out, etc ...)

- DEVELOPPERS GAVE ACCESS TO OTHER START ZONES THAT WERE NOT MADE FOR SPAWNING THERE (Some ressources were not even available on certain islands, causing players to be stuck because of that)

- CHARACTER COULD (AND STILL CAN) BE DELETED AFTER DEATH OR AFTER DISCONNECTING (WTF)

- CHARACTER COULD GET STUCK IN THE GROUND OR SPAWN OUTSIDE OF ISLAND IN DEEP WATER (WTF)

- CORPSES IN FREEPORTS CRASHED SERVERS (NOBODY WERE ABLE TO GET MORE THAN 20 FPS BECAUSE OF THAT EVEN 2080Ti PC's WITH 32GB RAM)

- VITAMIN CONSUPTION WAS TOO BIG, NEEDED TO EAT 10 STEAKS 10 FISHES 50 FRUITS AND 50 VEGETABLES TO STAY ALIVE 1 DAY (LOL WTF)

- TREASURE MAPS, FLOATSOM AND DAMNED SHIP WERE NOT SPAWNING

- CANCER CLAIMING SYSTEM THAT DOESNT WORK AT ALL (AH AH !! ONE PLAYER CONTROLING AN ENTIRE ISLAND ? THANK YOU BIATCH CLAIM SYSTEM)

- ALPHA PREDATORS AND MOB SPAWNING ON FREEPORTS (WTF !! FUCK OUR ANUS RIGHT ?)

- BUGUED STRUCTURES AND CLAIM FLAGS PREVENTING RESOURCES TO RESPAWN

- DAMNED SHIPS DESTROYED NEARLY ALL SHIPYARDS AND SHIPS THAT WERE IN THE GAME WHEN THEY STARTED SPAWNING (WTF !! BRAVO !!)

- DAMNED SHIPS WERE TOO OP (GOT NERFED 3 TIMES ... STILL TO OP ... NOBODY USE SHIPS BECAUSE TOO MUCH RISK TO SINK BECAUSE OF THOSE PIECES OF SHIT)

"AH AH !! YOU LOVE THIS YOU PIECE OF SHIT PLAYER ? IN YOUR ASS BITCH" - ATLAS 2018.

- EVEN AFTER NERF DAMNED SHIPS STILL TOO OP FUCKIN' PIECES OF SHIT !!

- FLOATSOM USELESS DON'T EVER BOTHER GATHERING THEM (YAY 3 SHITY GOLD AND 1 USELESS BLUEPRINT THANK YOU BUT I DIED BECAUSE PIECE OF SHIT SHARK YAY SO COOL)

- VITAMIN STILL SUCKS !! PIRATES DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT VITAMINS !!

- GETTING FUCKED ON LAND BY SHITY PREDATORS (WOLVES / LIONS)

- HITBOX ARE BUGUED (USELESS TO SHOOT IN THE HEAD SINCE IT NEVER COUNT AS HEADSHOT EVEN IF THE ARROW IS RIGHT ON THE NOSE OR THE EYES) (FUCK OUR ANUS RIGHT ?)

- SHIPS GETTING SUNK FOR NO REASON IN THE NIGHT 

- LAGS / TIMED OUT / ROLLBACKS / SERVER CRASHES / UNABLE TO FETCH MY ASS

- BUGUED CONTROLS WHEN SHIP IS CREWED BY NPC CANT REASSIGN KEYBINDS EVEN AFTE RRESET TO DEFAULT STILL NOT WORKING

- RAFT AND SHIPS GETTING STUCK IN NOTHING IN MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN

- LOSING A SHIP THAT TOOK 30 HOURS TO BUILD IN 30 MINUTES BECAUSE OF SHITY CHOICE DEVELOPPERS MADE

ONE DAY TO BUILD THIS SHIP HUH ? FUCK YOU LITTLE FRENCHY !! BECAUSE THIS GAME IS A CANCER AND YOU CANT DO ANYTHING AGAINST IT LOL !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

STILL CONTINUING !!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR GAME !! REALLY ENJOYABLE MY ASS !! REALLY FUNNY !! AH AH AH !! YO-HO-HO !! WE ARE PIRATES BUT STUCK ON LAND BECAUSE WE GET FUCKED ON THE HIGH SEAS !!

- SOLO PLAYERS/CASUALS CANT PLAY OR DO ANYTHING (AH AH TREASURE HUNT SOLO ? MAN DONT BE JOKING !! DONT EVEN TRY M8 BECAUSE I DID AND I GOT FUCKED HE HE THANKS ATLAS)

IF YOU WANNA FUCK ME, AT LEAST TAKE SOME LUBRICANT AND PUT IT INTO MY ASS SO ITS NOT TOO PAINFUL !! HOW CAN YOU BE SO INCOMPETENT TO MAKE A GAME ? HOW IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO MAKE CHOICES THAT DUMB ? DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE !!

WHY CANT YOU MAKE THE GOOD BALANCE CHOICE ? WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID ? ANYWAY !! I'm totaly out of this shit !! 

PS : PEOPLE PLEASE !! ADD OTHER THINGS THAT ARE SHIT ABOUT THIS GAME BECAUSE I'M TOO LAZY TO CONINUE THIS LIST.

Edited by HANABI
  • Thanks 1

the game sucks balls... like all games on official did from this company.... still waiting and eventually switching to unofficial

current issues on official PVE for me:

* land claim (not sure how to fix - the tax version sound cool if you get the tax... but starting and having just 70% progress sucks)
* sinking ships with either weight or kiting
* skill points
* ghostships (current region people placed buoys all over the map so not many ghostships, but i am afraid to switch zones and spawn into ghostships)
* harvest rates once they remove 2.5x
* some resources missing in zones (together with afraid to go to other zone because of ghostships)
* no real insights in what devs are working on (trello or so?)
* balance (some skill trees are complete useless)

Edited by peter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The 2.5 Harvest rates the only thing makes the game fun right now, knowing you end up losing that ship you spent hours grinding to a bug...

Didn't read it.  Why do I care what YOU think?  It's what *I* think that matters to me.

• Like 3

EA excuses bugged gameplay. EA does not excuse bad gameplay and bad game design. A lot of this stuff just has to do with piss poor decision making, nothing more nothing less.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, McGimp said:

EA excuses bugged gameplay. EA does not excuse bad gameplay and bad game design. A lot of this stuff just has to do with piss poor decision making, nothing more nothing less.

You mean the balancing? Definitely. But everyone else has his/hers own opinion on the gameplay. In my opinion the gameplay is awesome. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

You mean the balancing? Definitely. But everyone else has his/hers own opinion on the gameplay. In my opinion the gameplay is awesome. 

Youre in the minority. Im glad that your low expectations and standards have allowed you to enjoy the game. Youre one of the "lucky" few.

1 minute ago, McGimp said:

Youre in the minority. Im glad that your low expectations and standards have allowed you to enjoy the game. Youre one of the "lucky" few.

You’re basing that off from the forums? 

1 minute ago, archaegeo said:

And a lot of us are having a blast in the game

The content put out by content creators, the sharp drop off in players streaming the game, the startlingly bad reviews, the forums and the discord all indicate that most people are unhappy with the game. 

There will always be some people who are happy to consume whatever you put in front of them. That cant be the standard for a successful company, or a company which wishes to be successful.

Just now, McGimp said:

The content put out by content creators, the sharp drop off in players streaming the game, the startlingly bad reviews, the forums and the discord all indicate that most people are unhappy with the game. 

There will always be some people who are happy to consume whatever you put in front of them. That cant be the standard for a successful company, or a company which wishes to be successful.

You do know that the people on the forum/discord usually are the ones having problems with the game? 

Personally I don’t look at the reviews until the game is released, but I believe you immediately. The game is at a bad state, but that doesn’t make people can’t enjoy it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HANABI said:

Hello !! You probably remember me because i made some topics about the claiming system and the Ship of Damned being way too op and way too fast for their sizes ... Today was the last time i launched ATLAS, after 115hours played on this game, i got enough of this BULLSHIT !!

Before i leave this horrible, unfair,  atrocious, cancerous game, i'm gonna make a list of everything wrong with it and prove to everyone here how bad it is and why they should stop playing it NOW !!

On this topic, you're all gonna be able to watch videos, screens and other things to prove my point about the flaws of this game.

FIRST !! I want to deliver the proof that i played 115 hours on this game and 1450 hours on ARK, so i'm a pretty experienced player, even if i'm normaly a builder ~

1753249176_MTNFTG.PNG.a734ada7c98d4c9a12002427dafd2365.PNG

ARK.PNG.d752a8586fb2c33c6b67c7b1aca694f9.PNG

SECOND !! I'm gonna make the list with everything wrong that happened to the launch of ATLAS, wich was the WORST of the year !!

- 4 DELAYS !! (13th December to 19th to 21 and finally, to 22th)

- GAME WAS UNPLAYABLE FIRST DAY BECAUSE CANCEROUS SERVERS COULDN'T HANDLE IT (Rollbacks, Time out, etc ...)

- DEVELOPPERS GAVE ACCESS TO OTHER START ZONES THAT WERE NOT MADE FOR SPAWNING THERE (Some ressources were not even available on certain islands, causing players to be stuck because of that)

- CHARACTER COULD (AND STILL CAN) BE DELETED AFTER DEATH OR AFTER DISCONNECTING (WTF)

- CHARACTER COULD GET STUCK IN THE GROUND OR SPAWN OUTSIDE OF ISLAND IN DEEP WATER (WTF)

- CORPSES IN FREEPORTS CRASHED SERVERS (NOBODY WERE ABLE TO GET MORE THAN 20 FPS BECAUSE OF THAT EVEN 2080Ti PC's WITH 32GB RAM)

- VITAMIN CONSUPTION WAS TOO BIG, NEEDED TO EAT 10 STEAKS 10 FISHES 50 FRUITS AND 50 VEGETABLES TO STAY ALIVE 1 DAY (LOL WTF)

- TREASURE MAPS, FLOATSOM AND DAMNED SHIP WERE NOT SPAWNING

- CANCER CLAIMING SYSTEM THAT DOESNT WORK AT ALL (AH AH !! ONE PLAYER CONTROLING AN ENTIRE ISLAND ? THANK YOU BIATCH CLAIM SYSTEM)

- ALPHA PREDATORS AND MOB SPAWNING ON FREEPORTS (WTF !! FUCK OUR ANUS RIGHT ?)

- BUGUED STRUCTURES AND CLAIM FLAGS PREVENTING RESOURCES TO RESPAWN

- DAMNED SHIPS DESTROYED NEARLY ALL SHIPYARDS AND SHIPS THAT WERE IN THE GAME WHEN THEY STARTED SPAWNING (WTF !! BRAVO !!)

- DAMNED SHIPS WERE TOO OP (GOT NERFED 3 TIMES ... STILL TO OP ... NOBODY USE SHIPS BECAUSE TOO MUCH RISK TO SINK BECAUSE OF THOSE PIECES OF SHIT)

"AH AH !! YOU LOVE THIS YOU PIECE OF SHIT PLAYER ? IN YOUR ASS BITCH" - ATLAS 2018.

- EVEN AFTER NERF DAMNED SHIPS STILL TOO OP FUCKIN' PIECES OF SHIT !!

- FLOATSOM USELESS DON'T EVER BOTHER GATHERING THEM (YAY 3 SHITY GOLD AND 1 USELESS BLUEPRINT THANK YOU BUT I DIED BECAUSE PIECE OF SHIT SHARK YAY SO COOL)

- VITAMIN STILL SUCKS !! PIRATES DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT VITAMINS !!

- GETTING FUCKED ON LAND BY SHITY PREDATORS (WOLVES / LIONS)

- HITBOX ARE BUGUED (USELESS TO SHOOT IN THE HEAD SINCE IT NEVER COUNT AS HEADSHOT EVEN IF THE ARROW IS RIGHT ON THE NOSE OR THE EYES) (FUCK OUR ANUS RIGHT ?)

- SHIPS GETTING SUNK FOR NO REASON IN THE NIGHT 

- LAGS / TIMED OUT / ROLLBACKS / SERVER CRASHES / UNABLE TO FETCH MY ASS

- BUGUED CONTROLS WHEN SHIP IS CREWED BY NPC CANT REASSIGN KEYBINDS EVEN AFTE RRESET TO DEFAULT STILL NOT WORKING

- RAFT AND SHIPS GETTING STUCK IN NOTHING IN MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN

- LOSING A SHIP THAT TOOK 30 HOURS TO BUILD IN 30 MINUTES BECAUSE OF SHITY CHOICE DEVELOPPERS MADE

ONE DAY TO BUILD THIS SHIP HUH ? FUCK YOU LITTLE FRENCHY !! BECAUSE THIS GAME IS A CANCER AND YOU CANT DO ANYTHING AGAINST IT LOL !!

29 minutes ago, HANABI said:

STILL CONTINUING !!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR GAME !! REALLY ENJOYABLE MY ASS !! REALLY FUNNY !! AH AH AH !! YO-HO-HO !! WE ARE PIRATES BUT STUCK ON LAND BECAUSE WE GET FUCKED ON THE HIGH SEAS !!

- SOLO PLAYERS/CASUALS CANT PLAY OR DO ANYTHING (AH AH TREASURE HUNT SOLO ? MAN DONT BE JOKING !! DONT EVEN TRY M8 BECAUSE I DID AND I GOT FUCKED HE HE THANKS ATLAS)

IF YOU WANNA FUCK ME, AT LEAST TAKE SOME LUBRICANT AND PUT IT INTO MY ASS SO ITS NOT TOO PAINFUL !! HOW CAN YOU BE SO INCOMPETENT TO MAKE A GAME ? HOW IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO MAKE CHOICES THAT DUMB ? DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE !!

WHY CANT YOU MAKE THE GOOD BALANCE CHOICE ? WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID ? ANYWAY !! I'm totaly out of this shit !! 

PS : PEOPLE PLEASE !! ADD OTHER THINGS THAT ARE SHIT ABOUT THIS GAME BECAUSE I'M TOO LAZY TO CONINUE THIS LIST.

First off you aren’t lazy at all. That was a lot of time an effort to add all of that. You sure you aren’t more of a grinder than a builder? 😂 

but jokes aside. I commend you on the effort you put into this. I will use this as a hub while I defend players like you and I on my mission. Thank you for writing this post. I will most likely use some of these screen shots for further conversations with some of these people.

you have me cliff notes to a whole novel’s worth of wildcard. Don’t worry about the ark part, I already have all of that. 

Very good to have defense material though 👍

I wish you the best on your future endeavors man. Good luck, the gaming industry is getting really shady now.

if you have an Xbox, I recommend getting game pass. I have been having a blast going retro stays on these older games 😂

Finally got to run four map blocks on One dedicated machine, I’m complete! Game is fun and I hope the game will grow!

4 minutes ago, McGimp said:

Vocal minority, happy majority.  There are thousands of folks enjoying playing and watching the game.

8 minutes ago, Percieval said:

You’re basing that off from the forums? 

well you do not have majority negative reviews on steam because majority likes the game how it is

Just now, Percieval said:

You do know that the people on the forum/discord usually are the ones having problems with the game? 

Personally I don’t look at the reviews until the game is released, but I believe you immediately. The game is at a bad state, but that doesn’t make people can’t enjoy it. 

"The game is in a bad state, but that doesnt mean people cant enjoy it." Fine, but maybe those people should stop trolling around the forums and attempting(unsuccessfully) to shout down anyone who brings up an issue.

You sit on these forums all day talking out both sides of your mouth. "The game is broken and feels unrewarding and tedious, and yes the devs have made bad decisions. But its still a good game and you shouldnt complain about anything." 

Get real dude.

Just now, archaegeo said:

Vocal minority, happy majority.  There are thousands of folks enjoying playing and watching the game.

half the number of the supposed playing people (people get counted if they can not login... and i even got counted with not having running the game running at all just being on discussion) gave negative review, quite a few of us still playing and hoping for better times... the game is a shitshow right now and you can try to defend all you like... just hope devs get their shit together, but i am afraid not and all i can do is wait for unofficial and mods

3 minutes ago, McGimp said:

"The game is in a bad state, but that doesnt mean people cant enjoy it." Fine, but maybe those people should stop trolling around the forums and attempting(unsuccessfully) to shout down anyone who brings up an issue.

You sit on these forums all day talking out both sides of your mouth. "The game is broken and feels unrewarding and tedious, and yes the devs have made bad decisions. But its still a good game and you shouldnt complain about anything." 

Get real dude.

Lol, Everyone can complain all they want. I agree with a lot about the issues people point out on the forums. But most of them are balancing issues. That is still what EA is for and that is still what I chose to play when buying this game. 

What I don’t agree with is people shouting this game is unplayable, totally not solo friendly, completely broken and what not. Apart from the issues pointed out. 

Edited by Percieval

2 minutes ago, McGimp said:

Get real dude.

yes please get abused and then let others tell you you not allowed to say anything!

8 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Yeah sorry mcgimp. I usually don’t agree with percieval but in this case I do.

a game can be absolute trash and made by a horrible dev company, but if people enjoy it they enjoy it.

just take the compliment Percy and don’t pick it apart 😂

Edited by Realist

I would play, and have on one, unofficial servers but the fact that you have to pay out the ass in order to have a decent sized grid is ridiculous. My family started out own ark cluster for xbox and pc because we enjoy the game. If it were financially acceptable to have our own atlas cluster we would do this game as well.  But, that's not anything possible unless someone in the family gets a job just to pay for the servers lol.

I applaud the people getting unofficial clusters set up, but it's just to expensive to do for most of us and with the amount of updates coming out and how fast they come out is it even worth it right now having to constantly reboot the cluster?

If anyone has info on a cheaper, but still reliable hosting company or any information on personally owned clusters and how to get it set up please let me know. Official servers are toxic.

Just now, Percieval said:

Lol, Everyone can complain all they want. I agree with a lot about the issues people point out on the forums. But most of them are balancing issues. That is still what EA is for and that is still what I chose to play when buying this game. 

I say again - Balancing is not an excuse when most of the issues complained about are issues that should never even make it live. They are problems that most studios would recognize on paper and would test in house before releasing to the general public. EA is not an excuse to shoot blindly and hope you hit your target at the expense of your players. You still need to have some accountability - even in EA.