Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
AntonyVW

Mega update 3?

Recommended Posts

@DollieWhy have we not had any recent update on mega update 3? Yes, I know we have had the single player and non-dedicated multiplayer and Blackwood. But we have not heard anything about mega update 3 for quite some time now. No info if its still in the pipeline, when its due or what's actually in it apart from the few items we know about like the cat, or anything to be honest. What we do know about it does not really constitute a mega update unless there is a lot they are not telling us about. Can we be updated please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AntonyVW said:

@DollieWhy have we not had any recent update on mega update 3? Yes, I know we have had the single player and non-dedicated multiplayer and Blackwood. But we have not heard anything about mega update 3 for quite some time now. No info if its still in the pipeline, when its due or what's actually in it apart from the few items we know about like the cat, or anything to be honest. What we do know about it does not really constitute a mega update unless there is a lot they are not telling us about. Can we be updated please?

its because the games dead so they are dumping their money into single player. they know for a fact this game cannot survive in the MMO space.... so funny a survival not survivng...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Megalithic said:

its because the games dead so they are dumping their money into single player. they know for a fact this game cannot survive in the MMO space.... so funny a survival not survivng...

 

That could very well be true. Either that or spending time on console. The more they do for pc, the more they will have to catch up with console.

it makes sense really. Stop development on pc so there is less to push through on console. They will have a hard enough time as it is so that is actually a good idea to stop development for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Megalithic said:

its because the games dead so they are dumping their money into single player. they know for a fact this game cannot survive in the MMO space.... so funny a survival not survivng...

 

That's why Ark  got single player and hosted games too right? This and "ree dee el cee" are the two stupidist arguments against this game.

 

 

 

 

OP: MEGA update. Not monthly update. Chill 

Edited by PeglegTheAngry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they are planning to push the current state of the game into console, I'm sure the response from the console community will be almost as bad as the launch on pc, maybe a little bit better.  But it's unlikely due to the fact of all the problems with pvp.  I really hope that's not their plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

I can sum it all up with two words. cash grab

I'd choose:

  • install base
  • second chance
  • critical mass
  • less jaded
  • beta test

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2019 at 3:47 AM, AntonyVW said:

@DollieWhy have we not had any recent update on mega update 3? Yes, I know we have had the single player and non-dedicated multiplayer and Blackwood. But we have not heard anything about mega update 3 for quite some time now. No info if its still in the pipeline, when its due or what's actually in it apart from the few items we know about like the cat, or anything to be honest. What we do know about it does not really constitute a mega update unless there is a lot they are not telling us about. Can we be updated please?

Hey Antony. We've opted not to give an ETA on the next Mega Update yet because, let's be blunt, meeting ETA's when we set them quite far in advance isn't our strongest attribute as a Studio 😉  As it draws closer, we'll share more.

Generally speaking, we have a lot we're working on behind the scenes and information we're excited to share with the playerbase soon.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 11:22 PM, Dollie said:

Hey Antony. We've opted not to give an ETA on the next Mega Update yet because, let's be blunt, meeting ETA's when we set them quite far in advance isn't our strongest attribute as a Studio 😉  As it draws closer, we'll share more.

Generally speaking, we have a lot we're working on behind the scenes and information we're excited to share with the playerbase soon.  

Its not your Studio, this is a fact in Software that people need to come to terms with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 4:22 AM, Dollie said:

Hey Antony. We've opted not to give an ETA on the next Mega Update yet because, let's be blunt, meeting ETA's when we set them quite far in advance isn't our strongest attribute as a Studio 😉  As it draws closer, we'll share more.

Generally speaking, we have a lot we're working on behind the scenes and information we're excited to share with the playerbase soon.  

Hi @Dollie Asking for an ETA of when it was going to be delivered was not the main point of my post. What I asked for was an update as to whether it still existed and what was going to be in it. ETA would be nice but not expected. But far to little info is being given out just lately on any topic. It is making folk like me wonder if it still on the cards and whether its going to contain more than just a cat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AntonyVW said:

Hi @Dollie Asking for an ETA of when it was going to be delivered was not the main point of my post. What I asked for was an update as to whether it still existed and what was going to be in it. ETA would be nice but not expected. But far to little info is being given out just lately on any topic. It is making folk like me wonder if it still on the cards and whether its going to contain more than just a cat.

We'll have a stream at the end of the month which will give some more insight into our dev plans going forward, but yes a large update is expected and when we're ready to share more, you'll hear about it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2019 at 12:22 AM, Dollie said:

Hey Antony. We've opted not to give an ETA on the next Mega Update yet because, let's be blunt, meeting ETA's when we set them quite far in advance isn't our strongest attribute as a Studio 😉  As it draws closer, we'll share more.

Generally speaking, we have a lot we're working on behind the scenes and information we're excited to share with the playerbase soon.  

 

We are looking forward to know all the news.
Just promise me one thing, leave cleaning (WIPE) for a very distant future.

Don't make us get all mounts, get our levels, unlock achievements all over again. It is very bad and tiring.

 

Edited by FatalCrazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jatheish said:

We'll have a stream at the end of the month which will give some more insight into our dev plans going forward, but yes a large update is expected and when we're ready to share more, you'll hear about it.

Yes, looking forward to it.  I do like dev streams as they seem to ... personalize the game ... ground things that are going on ... better inform us .... something ... ?? 

Not sure, but I like em.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, FatalCrazy said:

 

We are looking forward to know all the news.
Just promise me one thing, leave cleaning (WIPE) for a very distant future.

Don't make us get all mounts, get our levels, unlock achievements all over again. It is very bad and tiring.

 

The thing is you need to understand that Xbox will not crossplay with steam. If it does you will be wiped. If not then cool, you are good. If so, then you will he starting from the beginning.

Edited by Realist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Realist said:

The thing is you need to understand that Xbox will not crossplay with steam. If it does you will be wiped. If not then cool, you are good. If so, then you will he starting from the beginning.

There is plenty of room, the game is designed for far more than are currently playing, so no wipe needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And what about the new server and island layout. If they bring this to the official servers, it needs a wipe.

But for me it's nothing evil. As long as you can't breed an animal in less than 4h on the official servers I will not come back there. I don't plan my holidays for breeding tames.

I hope they render and finish blackwood asap. Seems to be more important than cats and seahorses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

And what about the new server and island layout. If they bring this to the official servers, it needs a wipe.

But for me it's nothing evil. As long as you can't breed an animal in less than 4h on the official servers I will not come back there. I don't plan my holidays for breeding tames.

I hope they render and finish blackwood asap. Seems to be more important than cats and seahorses.

If the server needs it then that fine, a wipe will be needed.

Adding new islands - they have already done this without a wipe.

Changing existing islands - they did something like this in Ark designating an area for people to move out so a change could happen.

It's not evil, if it needs to happen i'm fine with it, but a wipe for one baby crying they want a new server to play on, then no, I wouldn't want it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

There is plenty of room, the game is designed for far more than are currently playing, so no wipe needed.

Yeah and we saw how the servers handle that many people. And that was without there already being bases and ships. A wipe is needed at the very least to be able to see if the servers can even handle that many people.

it doesn’t matter what it was designed for. It didn’t work before and it probably still won’t. The less strain the better. That way once everyone is building up they can see if the servers can not only handle all of the players but also the player generated content.

there are plenty of reasons to wipe for crossplay. Not just one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah and we saw how the servers handle that many people. And that was without there already being bases and ships. A wipe is needed at the very least to be able to see if the servers can even handle that many people.

it doesn’t matter what it was designed for. It didn’t work before and it probably still won’t. The less strain the better. That way once everyone is building up they can see if the servers can not only handle all of the players but also the player generated content.

there are plenty of reasons to wipe for crossplay. Not just one.

Stress testing servers at this stage is the best time to do it, wouldn't you agree?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

Stress testing servers at this stage is the best time to do it, wouldn't you agree?

 No. Having a successful launch would be the most important thing right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Realist said:

 No. Having a successful launch would be the most important thing right now.

launch is in 1 1/2 years, this is EA. :classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jack Shandy said:

launch is in 1 1/2 years, this is EA. :classic_biggrin:

Console launch dude. I know you were trying to be sarcastic there but even when the EA launch of pc came out it was called a launch.

what you are thinking about is the “official release” of the game. That is what will be in 1 1/2 years from now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Realist said:

Console launch dude. I know you were trying to be sarcastic there but even when the EA launch of pc came out it was called a launch.

what you are thinking about is the “official release” of the game. That is what will be in 1 1/2 years from now.

Only partially joking, the stresses on PC release tought them a lot and was much better post wipe, now they can learn about large influxes on already populated servers.

I'm just speculating, as I don't know if testing initial or populated influx is any different or even useful.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

If the server needs it then that fine, a wipe will be needed.

Adding new islands - they have already done this without a wipe.

Changing existing islands - they did something like this in Ark designating an area for people to move out so a change could happen.

It's not evil, if it needs to happen i'm fine with it, but a wipe for one baby crying they want a new server to play on, then no, I wouldn't want it.

Adding islands is one thing. Remove/replace some is another. I didn't read anything about it so I don't want to say if there will be a refugee camp for the move over or not. I would wipe out the servers, so everyone get the same chances of one of the new islands. But wiping is always a mess for these who don't accept the meaning of EA. 

I would like to see more infos about the pirate encampments and the "normal" ships who will be attackable. Or infos about the blackwood map and when GS wants to fix all the issues there. 

Now we passed the holiday-time, summer is almost over and the fall knocks at the door. Sure the team is completely back in the office now and hitting in theyr keyboards afap to bring out the promised content asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

Adding islands is one thing. Remove/replace some is another.

It was clearly stated in the last log that it was a remove/replace.   People built on the old islands would need completely wiped to virgin ground and everyone will need their discovery points wiped.    We did not wipe the grid when we did such a replacement for our unofficial server,  instead saved the database with the deleted cleaned out island, before adding the new one ; but we did wipe the characters with admin restoration support.  That would be a support nightmare on official servers.

Edited by krazmuze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×