Jump to content

Bolognapwny

So Everyone can Build???

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Everyone can build 24/7 on your island.  Island owners cannot demolish anything built by a non-company member.  

In combat phase 9 hours of of the day anyone can build cannons and whatever else they want on your island.  ANYONE can build cannons... EG: why the hell does it matter if I stop my allies from putting down cannons during peacetime... when they can just wait and put cannons up during combat?  ( did you guys even use your head on this? )

Structures are a luxury of the defender and should not be something an attacker gets... this is a completely fucked system and needs to be changed ASAP.

 

So we are clear.  You mad a mechanic to please forums nerds that don't play your game.  This mechanic is... Anyone can build anywhere... I am guessing this was to allow solos, smalls, and noobs play the game right?  Wrong land owner is gonna see this... wait till peace time or not wait and just utterly destroy that place.... The only thing this mechanic does is make it easier to attack the island....

 

 

Edited by Bolognapwny
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seroiusly Devs can we get a response here... If you own an island only  people you allow to build there should be able to build...... this has to be the  dumbest oversight i have ever seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm. I don’t think so, then you will have cartel forming all over the place. If you do what you want to do with it, that means my group can own 40 islands with no one to build on it and very easily defendable because you will just get a notification. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Hm. I don’t think so, then you will have cartel forming all over the place. If you do what you want to do with it, that means my group can own 40 islands with no one to build on it and very easily defendable because you will just get a notification. 

huh,

 

One you have island point max of 200.... so your alliance can have  2-3 grids  at max.  pleaseplay the game or understand more about it before posting thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been explained in the update notes. Please take time to read them so as not to make yourself look stupid in front of the online world 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Kid, im not debating the fact that this is how it is... I'm  debating the fact at how stupid it is.... please troll the forums and not play the game some more...

 

some of us are trying  to make it better.

Edited by Bolognapwny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other companies may build on a Settlement. The company holding ownership of the island can attack others built upon their island at all times. The Settlement owner can only be attacked during combat or war.

 

So if you own the island you can attack anyone on it. It also says you can demolish any building that is under 12 hours old that any other company builds on your land.

So basically you need to maintain your island. If someone you dont like builds on it you have 12 hours to remove it. After that you have to remove it with cannon balls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daveroe said:

Other companies may build on a Settlement. The company holding ownership of the island can attack others built upon their island at all times. The Settlement owner can only be attacked during combat or war.

 

So if you own the island you can attack anyone on it. It also says you can demolish any building that is under 12 hours old that any other company builds on your land.

So basically you need to maintain your island. If someone you dont like builds on it you have 12 hours to remove it. After that you have to remove it with cannon balls

where is the   is the information on the 12 hours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hmmm you may be on to something here,  I have had a look for the info but can no longer see it. I'm sure it was there a couple of days ago because we had conversations about it in the forums. I can only assume they changed their minds. .  Best way is to test it. Claim an island and get someone to build on it. See if you can demolish in 12 hours. But the land owner does have power over cannons, so could just blow buildings away, if you raid someone every day, it's unlikely they will come back.  A lot of people have been saying the new claim is the floor block. Just spam place them in the area you plan to build to save the land. Tho I agree it's a bit of a crappy system

Edited by Daveroe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll test it  as soon as I can, but the cannon thing doesnt really matter so long as there are cannon mounts... someone on your land you dont want there or have bad blood with after a falling out could  cause a  lot of damage with this rule set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have tested, you cannot remove anything someone builds... you have to destroy it.

 On top of this... someone can come on your island... put down a foundation and put a cannon down no problem.... this is hands down retarded... before I could claim my island and they couldnt build shit unless they took a claim..  now anyone can fuckin build and put down  cannons ... (in a 9 hour window).... like realllly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

So I have tested, you cannot remove anything someone builds... you have to destroy it.

 On top of this... someone can come on your island... put down a foundation and put a cannon down no problem.... this is hands down retarded... before I could claim my island and they couldnt build shit unless they took a claim..  now anyone can fuckin build and put down  cannons ... (in a 9 hour window).... like realllly?

this why so many wanted the simpler solution of just capping the amount of claim per company 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

huh,

 

One you have island point max of 200.... so your alliance can have  2-3 grids  at max.  pleaseplay the game or understand more about it before posting thanks.

 Like I said, Cartel forming. You really think that ‘alliance caps’ is gonna solve that? Please don’t be that naive. I bet you’re better than that. 

Maybe understand more in general before posting thanks. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You can set your flag to allow only allies to build offensive structures on non raid time at least so enemies cant pre place cannons during safe time at least.

 

Edited by Keins Thallow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

where is the   is the information on the 12 hours?

It's in the Captain's Logs like everything else.

 

3 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

So I have tested, you cannot remove anything someone builds... you have to destroy it.

This is not necessarily intended. Try raising it as a bug, which is what the PTR is for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

" On top of this... someone can come on your island... put down a foundation and put a cannon down no problem.... this is hands down retarded... before I could claim my island and they couldnt build shit unless they took a claim..  now anyone can fuckin build and put down  cannons ... (in a 9 hour window).... like realllly?"

Ye it is intended. 9 hour window is "no protection" zone. Everyone can build including cannons. For nonowner it takes 20 minutes to use them tho. You are the one who sets that 9 hours window, set it in your strongest hours so you can easily defend that. Destroy those cannons either in that 9 hour window by casual means or after this window by pressing E and destroy 🙂

War token will cost 100k gold + gems + crystals. It pretty expensive. Most PvP will happen during those 9 hour windows I guess because its free. 

If they block nonowner building during those 9 hours OR allow owner to be able to destroy any structures through pinwheel even during battle phase it would be practically impossible to PvP outside of war. 

Edited by Willard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Claim owners will be able to demolish structures (via the pinwheel) on their settlements temporarily as long as the structure has been placed within the last 12 hours. After the 12 hour period has passed, they will not be able to demolish the structures using the pinwheel, and must manually destroy it. Claim owners can do this outside of raid hours or warlike. This exists as an anti-griefing mechanism. On PvE servers, we may extend the time beyond 12 hours as players will not have the option to destroy via PVP.

I knew it 2as somewhere, although this was a while back and they may have changed things up since then. 

Has anyone tried using cannon bears maybe they wont work if cannons are not allowed.

I get the point tho. Someone could do a lot if harm with the ability to just pop up a mini raid base before the combat timer starts. But also maybe this is ok gameplay and people are stressed because of it being difrent from before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

Seroiusly Devs can we get a response here... If you own an island only  people you allow to build there should be able to build...... this has to be the  dumbest oversight i have ever seen.

think so too..i mean if they do away with the claim flagsystem  the settlement owner needs to give permission before you can build...i honestly cannot understand how they think this will work.

what will happen just to name a few examples:

over night someone can sail by and build and store equipment for the raid hours and has a good chance noone will find this in time so they can annoy the hell out of the island during raid times. noone sees where this is whereas with the old claim system you had so much more controle over the island..doubt this will be fun.

ppl will build stupid stuff that annoys island resident and owners just because they can

ppl will spawn foundations all over the island so noone can build so this will surely not work like the devs stated they want it to be

and why all this? so everyone can build anywhere? what for - if someone doesn't like you there you will be removed...so basically this is like before: if you want to settle you got to talk to someone if it's ok, with claim flags this was so much easier to handle.

 

dunno a lot of ppl where asking for offline protection and i agree this was needed but what we got now looks worse in most apsects than before 😞 so if you want to have offline protection you got to play free building mode that will be just meh as far as i can tell or go play empire where by design offline proection is having mass players that will surely not be there as most want offline protection be it small or big...

and for all this we lost most of the playerbase *yay*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Xenom said:

think so too..i mean if they do away with the claim flagsystem  the settlement owner needs to give permission before you can build...i honestly cannot understand how they think this will work.

what will happen just to name a few examples:

over night someone can sail by and build and store equipment for the raid hours and has a good chance noone will find this in time so they can annoy the hell out of the island during raid times. noone sees where this is whereas with the old claim system you had so much more controle over the island..doubt this will be fun.

ppl will build stupid stuff that annoys island resident and owners just because they can

ppl will spawn foundations all over the island so noone can build so this will surely not work like the devs stated they want it to be

and why all this? so everyone can build anywhere? what for - if someone doesn't like you there you will be removed...so basically this is like before: if you want to settle you got to talk to someone if it's ok, with claim flags this was so much easier to handle.

 

dunno a lot of ppl where asking for offline protection and i agree this was needed but what we got now looks worse in most apsects than before 😞 so if you want to have offline protection you got to play free building mode that will be just meh as far as i can tell or go play empire where by design offline proection is having mass players that will surely not be there as most want offline protection be it small or big...

and for all this we lost most of the playerbase *yay*

 

If by most you mean 95% then yes you would be correct that most have left

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Realist said:

If by most you mean 95% then yes you would be correct that most have left

yes 😞 i have stated it way too many times ... the old system was just right and only needed some adjustments like a limit of claim flags, the remake just seems worse and the wipe did the rest. why do games i really like always get shafted by the devs ^^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hands down  wont waste my time playing this, if anyone can build cannons and structures on an "enemy" island.... wtf is the point of siege equipment... and I'll say it again!!!! and AGAIN!!!

 

STRUCTURES ARE A LUXURY OF THE FUCKING LAND OWNER, AND STRUCTURE SPAMMING SHOULDN'T BE YOUR RAID META.... WE WENT FROM CLAIM SPAmMING  TO FOUNDATION SPAMMING....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Percieval said:

We can, so not sure what you’re doing wrong. 

Sigh you stupid troll... "Can't remove anything NON-COMPANY members build in peacetime"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×