Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

It seems as though the right decisions aren’t being made. This is becoming pretty disappointing really.

they had a choice to make in the beginning and they didn’t make it. Keep with the sandbox survival like ark or go with the mmo tag. They chose to “try” to do both. It seems as though they are still trying to do both.

the biggest reason they are failing like they are is that they are trying to blend in way too many different genres. Sure they are innovative and thinking out of the box as some people say 😂🙄. Nah it doesn’t work and it shows.

this forum has become worse than the ark forums, even without the nazi mods lol. At least with ark it was just solo vs. mega and pvp vs. pve. Now we have people complain about the survival aspect and the mmo aspect. To add to that there are plenty of threads that talk about it not being pirate enough or too much like ark because of the tames.

this game is becoming a smelting pot of sadness. Pvp. Doesn’t like pve. Sandbox doesn’t like mmo..... etc etc etc.

really not hopeful in the slightest anymore. If they listen to one group they are happy. The thing is later on they will listen to the other group so they can be happy but once they get to the middle, nobody will be happy.

its about time they suck it up and realize there will never be a lot of players playing and stick with one path because forks will just screw them over.

dont give me the bs ea crap 😂 that’s old already. Ark was in ea for 2 years. Go take a look at what actual success was 👍.

p.s. by success I don’t mean perfect gameplay(please don’t complain about bugs, I don’t have any problem with any bug. Been there done that and am fine with it). I mean maintaining a steady and also high playerbase throughout the entire time of early access as well as having a huge amount of sales.

this is not a success, Mainly for the reasons above

Edited by Realist
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all the new changes sound so uninspired. they reek of design by committee... no vision

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, strawman said:

all the new changes sound so uninspired. they reek of design by committee... no vision

Very true. In all reality they have two choices. 1. “Screw you we are staying with the atlas design”. 2. “Screw you we are going with the ark design”. I mean if you don’t like either that is fine but it is time to suck it up and realize they need to make definite decisions. This whole ea thing is just a rookie move. If you want to play with the big boys you better start making decisions better than a woman in a clothing store. Pathetic really

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well. Hellllllllooooo. 

Do you want my input on this one? I have some on your points above. I can just sit this one out if you like...... 

patiently waiting for your reply Besty.... 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Devs and players still seem to search for the right path between sandbox and and classic mmo, ships and tames, pvp and pve.

As so often the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

ARK had an very diffrent startposition because of the setting and the tame mechanic.

Of course is the pirate setting hot. Alot are waiting for goog pirate games. They should let go the ARK element taming. I doubt it will work for this game, as it did for ARK. The main role here should be with ships and fortification. Different ships for different tasks. The role of the smaller dinos could be passed to the npc crew.  Gathering b.e. 

For the survival aspect they should keep typical domesticated animals. Craft a rope, catch a animal with minigame, done. Cows, bulls, horses, chicken and dogs! Okay maybe Elephants.

Parrot, Monkey and so on for cosmetic and small buffs.

Rest of wildlife is to hunt.

I love the gather, craft and build mechanics. Would like to see them stay.

Atlas should go its own way, leave Ark behind, concentrade on a pirate world, with pirate stuff to do.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Polar Express said:

Well. Hellllllllooooo. 

Do you want my input on this one? I have some on your points above. I can just sit this one out if you like...... 

patiently waiting for your reply Besty.... 😁

Sure, come at me baby 😉

goinf to bed soon but I’ll check later 

Edited by Realist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And one more point makes a big didfrence and needs to be seen.

For Ark you easy could pkay ob private server or solo.

For Atlas and the naval setting I think only the huge offical server works.

I wonder why it doesnt work solo. Then only one server has to bee loaded at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

simple fix for this game to make most people happy would just be to make everything like lawless and give each person 1 claim flag which protects there boats when they log off problem solved why is this so difficult?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Samstag Freitagsson said:

Devs and players still seem to search for the right path between sandbox and and classic mmo, ships and tames, pvp and pve.

As so often the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

ARK had an very diffrent startposition because of the setting and the tame mechanic.

Of course is the pirate setting hot. Alot are waiting for goog pirate games. They should let go the ARK element taming. I doubt it will work for this game, as it did for ARK. The main role here should be with ships and fortification. Different ships for different tasks. The role of the smaller dinos could be passed to the npc crew.  Gathering b.e. 

For the survival aspect they should keep typical domesticated animals. Craft a rope, catch a animal with minigame, done. Cows, bulls, horses, chicken and dogs! Okay maybe Elephants.

Parrot, Monkey and so on for cosmetic and small buffs.

Rest of wildlife is to hunt.

I love the gather, craft and build mechanics. Would like to see them stay.

Atlas should go its own way, leave Ark behind, concentrade on a pirate world, with pirate stuff to do.

You still need to think about the important part. Sandbox survival, mmo will not mix. There is no middle that you speak of. That is why this game will never be a success.

until they can leave one behind, they are done. You may not agree but that is the reality of it. It just won’t work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there is very little taming in atlas, 

and u dont need it if u dont like it,

 

I my self enjoy it from time to time,  I dont feel like they need to expand the animals that are already there,  but should keep what is there..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Samstag Freitagsson said:

And one more point makes a big didfrence and needs to be seen.

For Ark you easy could pkay ob private server or solo.

For Atlas and the naval setting I think only the huge offical server works.

I wonder why it doesnt work solo. Then only one server has to bee loaded at a time.

Yep. They made a big mistake by trying to make a cluster so big. First big mistake they made. Could have easily made a few 10x10’s and it would have been a lot better. 100 is big enough, they were stupid and had to push it.

real shame

3 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

simple fix for this game to make most people happy would just be to make everything like lawless and give each person 1 claim flag which protects there boats when they log off problem solved why is this so difficult?

No claim flags and make it like ark, build anywhere would be the simple fix really

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, war machine said:

there is very little taming in atlas, 

and u dont need it if u dont like it,

 

I my self enjoy it from time to time,  I dont feel like they need to expand the animals that are already there,  but should keep what is there..

That’s cool and I like your take on it. “If you don’t like it don’t use it”. Definitely good take on it 👍

my point was that in order for them to be successful they either have to emphasize tames even more, or completely get rid of them(not the right choice).

they did something really good with ark. They are not doing something good with atlas. Even though some will praise it, it really doesn’t matter because it is a flawed design and has already been marked by players, critics and publications.

their first decisions were what the problem was. This will never be what it could have been. 

Blah blah blah(not you) ea for 2 years. Nah sorry the damage is done 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was ark perfect the first 2-3 months of EA? Ask yourself that before you can compare it to Atlas atm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Maji said:

Was ark perfect the first 2-3 months of EA? Ask yourself that before you can compare it to Atlas atm.

Jesus Christ man, read the post. I never cared about any bugs and still don’t have a problem with the bugs even after ea lol. 

I can easily compare ark to ea and in all reality yeah arks ea was better than atlas.

rwgardless of that, atlas numbers are crap compared to ark. Don’t even try to blame the wipe because only a very small amount have left since the wipe announcement. Tons left before the announcement. 

I wont bother with a chart because the chart itself doesn’t matter. Go look at the first 3 months of ark and the first 3 months of atlas as far as peak over all, acreage, and drop rate.

and really even though I don’t hink arks ea was worse, a lot of people said it was worse. Let’s just go ahead and say it was worse. Works out better for my point really.

either way, you won’t want to compare ark to atlas because ark will smash atlas in any sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me remind you that the ARK forums were exactly like this in the first year. It’s nice that you compare a 3-month old forum with a 4 year old. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe you are absolutely right. They advertised this game as a survival MMO. The problem is only things MMO about it was the mass players everything else screamed Ark. So what ended up happening is you got a mix of the Ark players / Eve players and the two never mixed. Now Grapeshot is stuck in the middle trying to please both sides which is not going to happen. In my opinion they started out in favor of the ark players and now with the future changes specially to PVP they are trying to please the Eve play style and its just causing nothing but division even more. I think to ease a lot of frustration is to come out and specifically give the player base a long term idea where they are heading in the future with the game which I also believe they have no idea.  Either way they are going to make people quit with their decision but by giving the roadmap now people will be prepared for it. I could be totally wrong but was just my opinion on the matter. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ArK is a shit game. If it was any good the Ark players would be playing it.

Devs need to put an emphasis on fun pvp and mmo gameplay .  Not Ark players  fear of pvp boring gameplay shit. The mass recruit, ally half the server, and just kill really small guy tactics is not fun for most players.

Most players actually enjoy challenge. And want to be rewarded for skill and tactics.

They started out listening to Ark players until they realized that they were rapidly ending up with a dead server, and a failed game. The Ark style is not fun. Ark is a game where all the failed pvpers from other games go to feel good about themselves. Cant compete in actual pvp? Tame a super animal...Boom now you have skill...or..join a giant blob and outnumber some afk tribe..BOOM now you are good at pvp etc.  Prob is most people find that shit boring as fuck, and will just quit if they are forced to do it and find something challenging and fun.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

ArK is a shit game. If it was any good the Ark players would be playing it.

They are. Ark is currently ranked 13 of the thousands upon thousands of games on steam by player activity. The argument that it’s a shit game because no one is playing it simply does not hold water. You may not like Ark and you’re certainly entitled to your opinion, but if you arguing it’s quality based on the number of people playing it, the evidence is not only contrary to your assertion but overwhelmingly so.

https://steamcharts.com/top

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I didn't say it was shit based on the number of people playing it. I said it was shit because of its skilless gameplay and design and if it was any good the ARK players would be playing it instead of bitching about ATLAS.

Of course it has population, there are many players who simply cannot hack it in actual pvp games that require skill and tactics to compete. In Ark they simply have to join a giant blob or tame some super high level animal and they can pretend they have ability. Hell, if they find an afk base they can win an actual battle. In Ark they somehow have actually equated this with skill.

To most normal PC players tho this is boring gameplay, hence the dieing ATLAS servers.

 

i

Edited by Back Stabbath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Back Stabbath said:

I didn't say it was shit based on the number of people playing it. I said it was shit because of its skilless gameplay and design and if it was any good the ARK players would be playing it instead of bitching about ATLAS.

Of course it has population, there are many players who simply cannot hack it in actual pvp games that require skill and tactics to compete. In Ark they simply have to join a giant blob or tame some super high level animal and they can pretend they have ability. Hell, if they find an afk base they can win an actual battle. In Ark they somehow have actually equated this with skill.

To most normal PC players tho this is boring gameplay, hence the dieing servers.

 

i

I'm not afraid to say I'm not a PVP person, I prefer PVE myself.

You are certainly right, I can't hack it in PVP  but I play what I enjoy like everyone else. If people enjoy PVP that's fine, everyone has their own style of play. I have not played Atlas for awhile, I was waiting for the update and the claim flag system to be changed. Hopefully Atlas won't be "dying".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

I didn't say it was shit based on the number of people playing it. I said it was shit because of its skilless gameplay and design and if it was any good the ARK players would be playing it instead of bitching about ATLAS.

Of course it has population, there are many players who simply cannot hack it in actual pvp games that require skill and tactics to compete. In Ark they simply have to join a giant blob or tame some super high level animal and they can pretend they have ability. Hell, if they find an afk base they can win an actual battle. In Ark they somehow have actually equated this with skill.

To most normal PC players tho this is boring gameplay, hence the dieing servers.

 

i

Okay but the statement I quoted strongly implies the argument presented. Also the evidence shows that Ark players are playing Ark, and at best a small fraction of them are here bitching about Atlas, so that also is not a supportable statement based upon available evidence.

Further your assertion that Ark is dying is also unsupported by available evidence. Ark has remained in the Top 20 steam games for nearly it's entire existence of about 4 years, often in the Top 10. There is no evidence in player activity to support the notion that Ark is a dying game. Individual servers may die, but given that Ark is made up of literally thousands upon thousands of servers, what happens to any particular server is of little consequence in this regard.

Edited by boomervoncannon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Back Stabbath said:

ArK is a shit game. If it was any good the Ark players would be playing it.

Devs need to put an emphasis on fun pvp and mmo gameplay .  Not Ark players  fear of pvp boring gameplay shit. The mass recruit, ally half the server, and just kill really small guy tactics is not fun for most players.

Most players actually enjoy challenge. And want to be rewarded for skill and tactics.

They started out listening to Ark players until they realized that they were rapidly ending up with a dead server, and a failed game. The Ark style is not fun. Ark is a game where all the failed pvpers from other games go to feel good about themselves. Cant compete in actual pvp? Tame a super animal...Boom now you have skill...or..join a giant blob and outnumber some afk tribe..BOOM now you are good at pvp etc.  Prob is most people find that shit boring as fuck, and will just quit if they are forced to do it and find something challenging and fun.

 

 

That is based on your opinion. I have a bunch of hours into ark and still occasionally play it. There is a lot of fun PVP in ark as well as Atlas currently. Yes I do agree the ally / companies need some tweaks and they are going in the right direction but needed to go further. And once again you say ark style is not fun that is based on your opinion there are a lot of people out there that like that style of game its why they are here in atlas because its a new game and similar to ark all in one. But to help the game out the devs need a roadmap on what they are planning and where they want Atlas to go in the future. What we have now is a lot of unanswered questions which leads to even more frustration and people leaving the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I know how you exactly know if this game is going to be success 2 years before release 😄 Lol ...

And according to you ARK isn´t success? Can you tell me about more succesfull game in this genre please? Maybe Rust which has slightly bigger population rn. 

How do you define success mr. Realist?

Edited by Willard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×