Daemon Cross

So is the PVE community happy now

14 minutes ago, Willard said:

Jesus christ no matter what developers do there will always be crying people ...

If u are fuckin lazy idiot and you are unable to destroy those structures in 12 hours window using 1 fuckin button you don´t deserve to have Settlement sorry to tell you. I really don´t know how to help those people. 

What about trying to take your own Island and be the best settlement owner of all times? There will be 1200 islands all over the map. Im pretty sure if u want your Island just claim it. Or just stop playing solo and join someone. This game isn´t meant to be played alone. 

You trolls keep saying the game isn't meant to be played alone, you trolls don't understand the game is meant to be played how people see fit. If this game was meant to be controlled it would be more of a campaign story driven game where you can't play how you want to.

You trolls don't understand that if you end up on an island run by a lazy settlement owner the entire island will be a mess. You trolls don't seem to understand that yes there will be 1200 islands but it won't be long before they are all claimed, so anyone that joins later after the wipe won't have any choice.

Keep on trollin'.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

You trolls keep saying the game isn't meant to be played alone, you trolls don't understand the game is meant to be played how people see fit. If this game was meant to be controlled it would be more of a campaign story driven game where you can't play how you want to.

You trolls don't understand that if you end up on an island run by a lazy settlement owner the entire island will be a mess. You trolls don't seem to understand that yes there will be 1200 islands but it won't be long before they are all claimed, so anyone that joins later after the wipe won't have any choice.

Keep on trollin'.

Oh man im sorry for you. If you find lazy Settlement owner you would have to change to different Settlement. Oh man, poor you, what a mess from devs ... This game isn´t meant to be played alone, thats a simple fact. That´s an MMO. Can u name me some MMOs which you can play solo and achieve end game content? Those PvErs, funny creatures, really. You want everything on a silver plate man ... 

Edited by Willard

Most of you seem to have missed the facts and are making your own assumptions on demolishing structures,  the land claims,  and being part of a settlement. 

The land owner can demolish your structures at any time, there is a 12 our window where you can demolish the whole structure and after that you can still demolish but only one piece at a time, like it is now. Now that is pvp settings, pve will have the same settings but a longer window.

The landowners have all the rights, those who live on their islands have none. They are hoping with the upkeep cost that landowners will be encouraged to have tenants to help with the upkeep but does not necessarily have to have anyone living on their island.

Larger companies will be limited to claims but not as much as small companies, since there is still no information on what determines a large company from a small one the it could be a player for a small and  5 for a large.

3 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

Most of you seem to have missed the facts and are making your own assumptions on demolishing structures,  the land claims,  and being part of a settlement. 

The land owner can demolish your structures at any time, there is a 12 our window where you can demolish the whole structure and after that you can still demolish but only one piece at a time, like it is now. Now that is pvp settings, pve will have the same settings but a longer window.

This does not suggest that whatsoever.

• Claim owners will be able to demolish structures (via the pinwheel) on their settlements temporarily as long as the structure has been placed within the last 12 hours. After the 12 hour period has passed, they will not be able to demolish the structures using the pinwheel, and must manually destroy it. Claim owners can do this outside of raid hours or warlike. This exists as an anti-griefing mechanism. On PvE servers, we may extend the time beyond 12 hours as players will not have the option to destroy via PVP.

That says 12 hour window a settlement owner can destroy structures on PvP via the wheel, and after the 12 hour window they will have to destroy it manually, i.e. use weapons.

For PvE it says they may extend the 12 hour window because they won't be able to be destroyed manually via weapons or PvP. Nowhere does it say the settlement owner can still destroy structures after the 12 hour or so window.

• Like 1

To simply sum up, the big islands go to the pig groups and you solo or small Guild players can take the tiny islands with the few resources. Oh sure you can land on our island and build something but with the current system the landlord of an island can simply just destroy your stuff <if I am reading this right>. I liked it better when they were going to have NO claim flags.
I can honestly say I am waiting for Blackwood and will be making my own server rather than have all my hard work simply destroyed because someone wants what I have or thinks the section of beach I made a base on would be perfect for their cabana.

My only real gripe is with the no allies stance.

Large alliances were problems for PvP, on PvE it was never an issue. On PvE it just allows us to build close together to make communities of different companies, and made it less of a headache to do raids with people that you like playing with from another company.

Removing alliances in PvE while only limiting them in PvP makes no sense to me. It should probably be the other way around, if anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

This does not suggest that whatsoever.

That says 12 hour window a settlement owner can destroy structures on PvP via the wheel, and after the 12 hour window they will have to destroy it manually, i.e. use weapons.

For PvE it says they may extend the 12 hour window because they won't be able to be destroyed manually via weapons or PvP. Nowhere does it say the settlement owner can still destroy structures after the 12 hour or so window.

Nowhere I see manually via weapons. Only see manually. Like you destroy a  foundation after pickup time is expired. Destroy option in wheel, in the time frame all connected will destroy outside time frame you need to do it one by one.

All power to landlord just sucks. Pve our PvP. It is not a pirate game anymore it is a slave game now

Edited by awakatanka
Extra

3 hours ago, Lotus said:

What do you do when somebody puts a building under your full BP galley as then demands resources to demolish the building cause you can't defend your stuff? (Which I have heard happens a lot in lawless, I have seen it twice)

~Lotus

This could easily be remedied by making the area under and on the sea side of the shipyard non-placeable like around a foundation only owners can  place under or in front of bay

1 minute ago, Hoquat said:

This could easily be remedied by making the area under and on the sea side of the shipyard non-placeable like around a foundation only owners can  place under or in front of bay

So what do you do when somebody Shipyard spams an island? 😞

~Lotus

• Like 2

you mean the random spam that all land grabbers be it with flags or with building shipyards foundations pillars its all the same its just different mediums. That is something that the development team needs to work out.

I had hoped for some sense from the devs but I see they don't get it. Sorry but I neither want to be an overlord nor do I want have an overlord. I want my 3-5 flags for my 3 man company where I can live and game in peace with the choice to interact or not interact with other players being firmly in my hands and in my hands alone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, awakatanka said:

Nowhere I see manually via weapons. Only see manually. Like you destroy a  foundation after pickup time is expired. Destroy option in wheel, in the time frame all connected will destroy outside time frame you need to do it one by one.

All power to landlord just sucks. Pve our PvP. It is not a pirate game anymore it is a slave game now

How many times does this have to be explained?

• Claim owners will be able to demolish structures (via the pinwheel) on their settlements temporarily as long as the structure has been placed within the last 12 hours. After the 12 hour period has passed, they will not be able to demolish the structures using the pinwheel, and must manually destroy it. Claim owners can do this outside of raid hours or warlike. This exists as an anti-griefing mechanism. On PvE servers, we may extend the time beyond 12 hours as players will not have the option to destroy via PVP.

I've highlighted the key bits.

Firstly on PvP it says about using the pinwheel in the first 12 hours, but after that they have to do it manually. If what you say about doing it one by one after 12 hours, well that would still be by pinwheel regardless of whether it is individual. So yes manual means PvP actions, i.e. destroying it with weapons.

If what you say about manual being using pinwheel to destroy them one by one, then why would they say beyond 12 hours as players will not have the option to destroy via PvP?

None of what you say makes sense.

Demolish is a very specific action.  It is the action of immediately removing a structure using the pinwheel. 

It means exactly the same as it has all along.  Destroy is not demolish. 

Just now, Archsenex said:

Demolish is a very specific action.  It is the action of immediately removing a structure using the pinwheel. 

It means exactly the same as it has all along.  Destroy is not demolish. 

Thank you, at least someone understands what it is saying.

Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Thank you, at least someone understands what it is saying.

It's right there in the words...

Just now, Archsenex said:

It's right there in the words...

Yup, but so many people keep claiming PvE settlement owners can demolish anytime including after the 12 hour window. They don't pay attention to what is being said they expect it to be said word for word without understanding what it is.

Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Yup, but so many people keep claiming PvE settlement owners can demolish anytime including after the 12 hour window. They don't pay attention to what is being said they expect it to be said word for word without understanding what it is.

It's best to think of it is "you have x hours to get rid of squatters or you're stuck with them."

I anticipate 48 hours.

However,  they may need some sort of way to prevent people from repeatedly building.  Demolishing x companys structure should lock out x company for 7 days or something

6 hours ago, Archsenex said:

It's best to think of it is "you have x hours to get rid of squatters or you're stuck with them."

I anticipate 48 hours.

However,  they may need some sort of way to prevent people from repeatedly building.  Demolishing x companys structure should lock out x company for 7 days or something

the problem is the tools of this system are meant to be used by the landlord to stop griefers blocking players / resources , not meant as a tool to destroy the players bases , but as we all know there will be players that will remove other  players building so they can have the islands to themselfs .. and there is the problem with the system , 

I dont think ANYONE is happy because the Devs said they have been listening to us so we had all hoped for them to change it to atleast one of our many suggestions in numerous conversations about it. However it was a shock when they went the opposite direction when shitting in a box and handing it to us in a virtual state.

When did anyone mention changing the claim system on PVE to be more PVPesque?

Edited by Eve BlackVeil
  • Like 2

And land owner going g to use Canon outside timeframe to destroy the foundation and pillars. Yeah keep dreaming...  and try it underwater. Grievers heaven then.  Landlord can never keep up the griever spam.

Edited by awakatanka

16 minutes ago, awakatanka said:

And land owner going g to use Canon outside timeframe to destroy the foundation and pillars. Yeah keep dreaming...  and try it underwater. Grievers heaven then.  Landlord can never keep up the griever spam.

Not in PvE which is what this topic is all about. If you want to keep talking PvP go to a PvP relevant topic. :classic_dry:

2 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Not in PvE which is what this topic is all about. If you want to keep talking PvP go to a PvP relevant topic. :classic_dry:

Ok tell me how pve is going to solve that problem. Al foundation and pillars you mis in time frame. And how you remove a lazy landowner that only cleans his piece where he/she is building.  Why should he cleanup something where others have problems with and he/she not. Putting a PvP part in pve is the problem. 

And biggest Problem that Dev do not answer the questions and let the negative grow. A clear road map and answer to question solves a lot. 

And discord/Twitter/ Facebook and other possible forms of communication is not helping. It must be central. I'm not going to read post on x forms of communication if there is a official forum.

Edited by awakatanka
  • Like 1

Also landlord why should I waist my playing time to clean island. I wanna play not be a GM.

As slave why would I pay tax/upkeep to landlord. I need to gather also for my resources for my upkeep. At the end you only gather for upkeeps without going anywhere.

In PvP it could work in pve not. 

17 minutes ago, awakatanka said:

Ok tell me how pve is going to solve that problem. Al foundation and pillars you mis in time frame. And how you remove a lazy landowner that only cleans his piece where he/she is building.  Why should he cleanup something where others have problems with and he/she not. Putting a PvP part in pve is the problem. 

And biggest Problem that Dev do not answer the questions and let the negative grow. A clear road map and answer to question solves a lot. 

And discord/Twitter/ Facebook and other possible forms of communication is not helping. It must be central. I'm not going to read post on x forms of communication if there is a official forum.

Why are you asking me how PvE is going to solve the problem?

My response to you was informing you that you are wrong claiming that the settlement owner can use cannons to destroy other peoples structure in PvE after the 12+ hour window.

Yet you then ask me how is PvE going to solve the problem? I was never talking about the problem, I was correcting your understanding.

As for after the 12+ hour window it will come down to the structure owner not keeping their structure upkeep topped up. There's nothing else that can be done.

7 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Why are you asking me how PvE is going to solve the problem?

My response to you was informing you that you are wrong claiming that the settlement owner can use cannons to destroy other peoples structure in PvE after the 12+ hour window.

Yet you then ask me how is PvE going to solve the problem? I was never talking about the problem, I was correcting your understanding.

As for after the 12+ hour window it will come down to the structure owner not keeping their structure upkeep topped up. There's nothing else that can be done.

I reacted on someone's other post. Where he brings that part up.  Maybe you need to address that person. I think that was you........

Edited by awakatanka