Daemon Cross

So is the PVE community happy now

What is worse , Lawless or a Landlord ? 

One you have an area that someone can build on top of you, no wait you have that in both.   Ok, one you have someone who says give me your tames, your gold and keep the upkeep bank full or I’ll demolish your structures or on the other hand, you got someone who likes the area your building on and decides to build there to. Now the landlord can step in and demolish the new players structures or if they are good friends can step in and demolish yours !!!!

WTF

• Like 1

It does suck that settlement owners can destroy structures in a 12+ hour window, which tbh won't help pillar/foundation spam anyway, particularly if you have a lazy settlement owner. They should scrap the ability for the settlement owner to demolish structures and just stick with the structure upkeep.

• Like 1

Tbh, i like the full lawless map with a decay system better, but seems like the majority of people still want claims, so my suggestion is:

Take the current claim system, remove sea claims, make the land claim a little bigger so you can place by beach and take some shore to build shipyards, and make it max 1 or 2 per company. And fix the overlap, maybe change the way you steal an inactive claim, by converting the "enemy" flag, and not putting a new flag of your own, this way overlapping won't happen. And please, if you take this suggestion don't make a system where you must get close to enemy flag to start the conversion, when you try to lay down the flag, the conversion starts, so doesn't matter if people build stuff around the flag.

Why has everybody surrendered to not having land? They are adding like 200 islands to the game. Each island is going to be tiered from my understanding so big tribes will have to spend a big points to get the bigger islands. Little tribes can get their little islands. If people don't keep up with their upkeep on their island they won't have an island. How does this not work?

~Lotus

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Or just make the flag depop by itself after x days of inactivity.

This way, the new owner can place his flag where he want and the rules are the same as if there was never a flag there in the first place.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Albibak said:

Or just make the flag depop by itself after x days of inactivity.

This way, the new owner can place his flag where he want and the rules are the same as if there was never a flag there in the first place.

13 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Little tribes can get their little islands. If people don't keep up with their upkeep on their island they won't have an island. How does this not work? 

~Lotus

Ok, after inaktivity (of the landloard) the Island looks how exactly?

Who wants to claim that shithole then? Guess only the griefer!

And it will depop, because upkeep!

To make changes only tho some people can expirience the ilusion of "land ownership" and worsen the system for everyone else is beyond my understanding. Lawless everywhere is fine. U can sill play the landloard, just without the power.

I will burst in tears about the first reports of demolished shipyards with almost finished ships. People dont see consequences just the illusion of ownership.

1 minute ago, Kummba said:

I will burst in tears about the first reports of demolished shipyards with almost finished ships. People dont see consequences just the illusion of ownership.

And how would this happen exactly on PvE?

You build on a claimed island, place a shipyard, start building ship while the landloard can still demolish the shipyard, griefers heaven. WHO say griefers cant be landloard?

4 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

People dont see consequences just the illusion of ownership.

QED

Edited by Kummba
i am dumb

The new PVE claim system does not seem any better to me. it's likely worse.

I disagree with full island claims in any way for PVE.

I disagree with landlords in any way for PVE.

• Like 5

Just now, Kummba said:

You build on a claimed island, place a shipyard, start building ship while the landloard can still demolish the shipyard, griefers heaven. WHO say griefers cant be landloard?

QFT

So you are expecting people to build a shipyard and almost finish building a ship all within a 12 hour (whatever it will be) timeframe? In the majority of cases that would be unlikely. Would be more wise to farm the resources and hold on to them so that the shipyard can't be destroyed.

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

So you are expecting people to build a shipyard and almost finish building a ship all within a 12 hour (whatever it will be) timeframe? In the majority of cases that would be unlikely. Would be more wise to farm the resources and hold on to them so that the shipyard can't be destroyed.

In your new base or your ramshakel?

QED

As long as there is freedom to build anywhere, griefing and spam will be an ongoing issue (and has been in many games of this type), there isn't much that can be done without taking that freedom away and even if that freedom is taken away and you cannot spam, others will find new ways to grief.  The only thing you can really do in this scenerio is limit the amount of spam which the devs have tried in various ways, so all the people saying the devs dont care, they really do, they just dont get things right for everyone.

So they listened to a lot of people here saying they would like to keep the flag system, which it seems like they will but will be taking away the alliance function as this will negate the flag capping limit, for that I understand, but if i was truly given a choice, I would have taken the alliance option over having an island we could call our own, we will have taming and mining basses spread out anyway.  The problem now is if you have some islands in mind to work/tame on, then you will either get lucky by having a landlord that wont demo ur stuff within 24 hours or it will be free, a ruthless landlord doesn't appeal to me as theres nothing you can do about it... but I do like the sound of player shops as trading is a big part of any game.

As long as there is enough decent islands to go around for everyone, then I can't foresee too many big issues about the flag system.

9 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Unless I read it wrong he can still destroy it all after 12 hour, just not all at once. After 12 he has to do it in the normal object window, one object at a time.

11 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I dunno. They could be like me. I get all the parts made and then assemble my ship. It takes me like an hour to do it that way. Remember most parts are made via smithy/loom/self. Only the skeleton is on the shipyard.

6 minutes ago, KarmaComa said:

I would have taken the alliance option over having an island we could call our own, we will have taming and mining basses spread out anyway.  The problem now is if you have some islands in mind to work/tame on, then you will either get lucky by having a landlord that wont demo ur stuff within 24 hours or it will be free, a ruthless landlord doesn't appeal to me as theres nothing you can do about it

THIS is my playstyle too.

But in all systems implemented/discussed before. When i set a base i know when it will be able to be taken away as earliest. NOW i set base (outpost), wait 12-x Hours, see if it hold, then start using it. Same for fortify/expanding. For me thats a setback.

Just now, Buck Rider said:

Unless I read it wrong he can still destroy it all after 12 hour, just not all at once. After 12 he has to do it in the normal object window, one object at a time.

You read it wrong.

When a structure is placed, there will be a window (maybe longer than 12 hours) where the settlement owner can demolish through the selection wheel. After that window has closed it can't be demolished by anyone but the owner of the structure, or on its own if the upkeep isn't paid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Why has everybody surrendered to not having land? They are adding like 200 islands to the game. Each island is going to be tiered from my understanding so big tribes will have to spend a big points to get the bigger islands. Little tribes can get their little islands. If people don't keep up with their upkeep on their island they won't have an island. How does this not work?

~Lotus

Because there are far more players than islands and big companies or smaller berserkers can claim multiple islands?

The numbers are (very roughly) 800 islands if they convert lawless and maybe 500 if they don't.  If a server has 5000 active players, less than 10% of players will ever get to own land.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buck Rider said:

That 's only for pvp.  On pve you can't attack buildings.  That's why he was saying they were going to make the timer more than 12 hours for pve.

3 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Because there are far more players than islands and big companies or smaller berserkers can claim multiple islands?

The numbers are (very roughly) 800 islands if they convert lawless and maybe 500 if they don't.  If a server has 5000 active players, less than 10% of players will ever get to own land.

And thats just based on active ones, what about the ones that quit or re roll characters etc 😕 I hope the flag has a timer of sorts for this sort of thing but either way I will adapt and have fun tbh just my vision for the future is blurred.

25 minutes ago, Kummba said:

QED

What do you do when somebody puts a building under your full BP galley as then demands resources to demolish the building cause you can't defend your stuff? (Which I have heard happens a lot in lawless, I have seen it twice)

~Lotus

• Like 2

Just now, Lotus said:

What do you do when somebody puts a building under your full BP galley as then demands resources to demolish the building cause you can't defend your stuff? (Which I have heard happens a lot in lawless, I have seen it twice)

~Lotus

Ok, you are the Kraken guy, right?

Is it an argument for or against the PVP claim in PVE?

If for Claim:

To do something about it by your own, you have to be the landloard, or friend of the landloards (which have to be still playing) in the NEW system, right? Then you are fine.

Otherwise not so fine.

The new systems aim is to shift the devs/ GM responsibilities to the Landloard tho.

If against claim.

You are right, who defines the landloards arent griefer/greedy bastards themself. They may drop the mask when another company is established.

In both systems it is griefing and should be handled by GM tho.

I guess I could be known as the kraken guy.

I didn't play enough PvP to have an educated opinion. To me it seems appealing.

I agree that having players act as GM's in terms of being a landlord is what the new system will accomplish. I have no problem with that though we have been doing that for about 2 months now anyway since before they changed the alliance build system. I replied to a post that explains in more detail why I think it's such a good idea I will copy paste it and make it a thread. We don't pay monthly for this game and they have no source of income to pay for GM's to fix all our problems 😞

~Lotus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daemon Cross said:

What is worse , Lawless or a Landlord ? 

One you have an area that someone can build on top of you, no wait you have that in both.   Ok, one you have someone who says give me your tames, your gold and keep the upkeep bank full or I’ll demolish your structures or on the other hand, you got someone who likes the area your building on and decides to build there to. Now the landlord can step in and demolish the new players structures or if they are good friends can step in and demolish yours !!!!

Sounds like you think PvE players might actually be able to agree on something.

There are PvE players on officials and also private servers. I can't speak for officials, since I think a lot of those people were wanting the settlements in PvE, but I can't imagine a single PvE player on a private server that thinks it is a good idea. I just hope this feature can be disabled and all server operators will take the time to disable it. So that leaves the private servers back where they were with no claim flags anymore and essentially everything lawless, which I doubt most people want. Private servers were mostly fine with the claim flags as they just made rules to limit the number. That is the change we all wanted, a way to set a limit in the game of how many claim flags in each grid each company could have.

Jesus christ no matter what developers do there will always be crying people ...

2 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

It does suck that settlement owners can destroy structures in a 12+ hour window, which tbh won't help pillar/foundation spam anyway, particularly if you have a lazy settlement owner. They should scrap the ability for the settlement owner to demolish structures and just stick with the structure upkeep.

If u are fuckin lazy idiot and you are unable to destroy those structures in 12 hours window using 1 fuckin button you don´t deserve to have Settlement sorry to tell you. I really don´t know how to help those people. 

What about trying to take your own Island and be the best settlement owner of all times? There will be 1200 islands all over the map. Im pretty sure if u want your Island just claim it. Or just stop playing solo and join someone. This game isn´t meant to be played alone. 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1