Bolognapwny

You can't get it right, so here I'll fix it.

2 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Are people really that dumb?  Have to admit I am amazed at how simple this all is and its being made to sound super complicated. 

don't confuse dumb for lazy.

If they admit they know how to do it but won't due to laziness then that's fine with me. 

I guess my overall point to this topic is people are going to ally if its there or not.  Since its an inevitability why not support it to make our lives easier.  

Sort of related to this subject I can't wait for them to allow us to have more categories.  It would be cool to have custom categories and colors so we can set rules of engagement. 

Example:

Red = KoS

Orange = Return fire only

Yellow = Only treat as hostile in home zone

Blue = Ally

Pink = NAP

Whatever we want to set and define.  Would help out.  So many companies out there and so many changing names its hard to keep track.  I ask nightly if anyone has heard of John Doe's company.  Many times its a no never heard of them, but once in a while I am told to sink them ASAP.  I think this would help. 

Edited by DocHolliday

its kinda like making laws for murder irl. everyone knows murder is bad for the community but there is still gonna be some asshats that murder anyways. Its good to have consequences, even if it's just barriers to make things harder for the asshats.

6 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

its kinda like making laws for murder irl. everyone knows murder is bad for the community but there is still gonna be some asshats that murder anyways. Its good to have consequences, even if it's just barriers to make things harder for the asshats.

great example ...🤦‍♂️

32 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

But there are things you won't be able to do, such as stepping on to an ally's ship and going on a voyage together. Unless you have a smart way to do that under the new no alliance rule?

Hello,

Actually, you can go on the boat of other people as long as it is not anchored (ally or not). The main problem is the bed but it is the same problem if you are ally.

Best regards.

Albibak

28 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

don't confuse dumb for lazy.

People also just stop playing a game. This isn't real life, people come and go often.

So you landlord stops playing, then what?

7 minutes ago, wildbill said:

People also just stop playing a game. This isn't real life, people come and go often.

So you landlord stops playing, then what?

I'm assuming the land claim flag will have a decay timer like before, so if the settlement owner quits then eventually someone else will be able to lay claim.

Besides all this nonsense in this thread... point blank this game is more enjoyable at a smaller scale EG: 10-15 people on each side....

3 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

Besides all this nonsense in this thread... point blank this game is more enjoyable at a smaller scale EG: 10-15 people on each side....

So I guess you are saying they failed at the MMO part 🙂

I'm having all kinds of fun on private servers. PvE, but still, way less players, but enough to make it fun 🙂

On 3/9/2019 at 3:16 AM, wildbill said:

So I guess you are saying they failed at the MMO part 🙂

I'm having all kinds of fun on private servers. PvE, but still, way less players, but enough to make it fun 🙂

The MMO part would be fine with a few adjustments...

You can have way too many people in a company. (250 is a start.... but would love to see this lowered to 100.)

You can have way too many people in an alliance.  (4 is a great start, but I feel alliances should go away)

You can be in more than one alliance... lol...  (never understood why you could be in multiple alliances... ever... like wtf?)

You can put a million cannons faced in one direction on any side of the ship you want.  (my dream, wish, want, beat material for this game would be that cannons were only snap-able into cannon ports, and no large cannons on ships)

9 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

The MMO part would be fine with a few adjustments...

You can have way too many people in a company. (250 is a start.... but would love to see this lowered to 100.)

You can have way too many people in an alliance.  (4 is a great start, but I feel alliances should go away)

You can be in more than one alliance... lol...  (never understood why you could be in multiple alliances... ever... like wtf?)

You can put a million cannons faced in one direction on any side of the ship you want.  (my dream, wish, want, beat material for this game would be that cannons were only snap-able into cannon ports, and no large cannons on ships)

I don't play any PvP in Atlas, but have in other games.

I do know that, limiting the size of companies and limiting the number of alliances or even removing them altogether has zero affect on how players organize together. If there are 1000 players that play together in a game, they will still all work as if they are one alliance (they won't fight each other, and will fight with a common goal) no matter the game settings.

Just changing a few settings and a few numbers will fix nothing. You need to make the design of the game force a change in game play. For instance, you want to stop offline raiding, you need to remove stuff from play when a player is offline. You want to stop people from forming mega size companies, remove companies from the game altogether. 

Any in game feature will be exploited if it is possible to exploit it. Pretty much assume that, and if you don't like the affect of how it will be exploited, then don't put that feature into the game.

So in other words, I completely disagree. A few settings to a game will never fix anything. The game design needs to change if you don't want mega companies.

Edited by wildbill

On 3/8/2019 at 11:07 AM, Abysian said:

That we need alliances, we need big company's. You're trying to make it a solo player game. Just rent a server and you have your solo gameplay.

There are lots of MMOs that don't have alliances for guilds that aren't solo player games.  You're barking up the wrong tree.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:54 AM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I'm assuming the land claim flag will have a decay timer like before, so if the settlement owner quits then eventually someone else will be able to lay claim.

We'll maybe, it depends on if they are keeping the structure decay or not.

If they are keeping the structure decay eventually the bank will decay and the claim will become open again.

If things no longer decay then you would have to wait for the bank to empty before it would stop paying the upkeep, on an active island that may never happen as the bank would keep getting refilled.

13 minutes ago, CazzT said:

There are lots of MMOs that don't have alliances for guilds that aren't solo player games.  You're barking up the wrong tree.

True, but they mostly have some other methods of doing things together. What i actually tried to say was, we need the bigger company's etc because we don't have a other way of doing things together atm. It's limited to company and alliance, and even alliance is to limited. 

55 minutes ago, microphobe said:

We'll maybe, it depends on if they are keeping the structure decay or not.

If they are keeping the structure decay eventually the bank will decay and the claim will become open again.

If things no longer decay then you would have to wait for the bank to empty before it would stop paying the upkeep, on an active island that may never happen as the bank would keep getting refilled.

Yeah they are keeping the structure decay. You'll still have to upkeep structures, so yeah I guess that would solve an inactive landlord.

On 3/8/2019 at 7:18 AM, Bolognapwny said:

Just get rid of the alliance system... your game literally can't handle alliance scaled pvp.... Nobody has 100 friends that play the game... you aren't going to deter anyone from playing the damn game if you limit Company membership and dismantle alliances... I mean seriously do you think all those people are truly that tight-knit?  They aren't... they will enjoy the game on a smaller scale hands down, and see there is no fun in a zerg mentality.

Imagine a game where every grid has its own politics...it would be the best thing ever for this type of game.

I appreciate you guys trying to take a lot of concepts from Eve... but you need to understand you are a different type of beast... so copy paste isn't going to work.  (talking about that dumb neutral shit I read)

TDLR:  get rid of alliances, reduce company cap even further.  

There ever be enough people to have a real economy or politics, let alone in each grid. It is going to take a lot more than 5 people per grid to accomplish that.

well what they need to do is make the map half of the size that it is. They really messed up on that

On 3/8/2019 at 9:29 AM, Abysian said:

Yeah, it's too bad the servers can't handle more. I hope they will one day. It would be so cool to have a massive battle, without the lag you have now. It would be epic

They literally cannot make that happen. Servers will never even handle 250 and if somehow they magically did that, there wouldn’t be able to be any boats or bases on the server.

they would have to completely change the whole world of atlas, which they also won’t be able to do