Baba Ganush

Can you fix this uge bug, problem with your game?! New players can´t play the game!

The image clearly shows it all, your game is broken and you really need to take a look on this, claiming a whole island with foundations is retard and non sense.

Now I ask you dear devs, how do you want to have new players playing your game if they cant find a single piece of land to build or live!

Atlas_2.jpg

I would like to see a comprehensive and fundamental change in how lawless zones operate with foundation spam. The short term solution was to decrease the no-build range between enemy foundations but now it has led to situations like this example. Perhaps there is a way to limit how many foundations allowed per person in a tribe on any given island? It's not the best idea, because life always finds a way.

Another idea is to place a home beacon, like a claim flag but one that designates a home area within a lawless zone, where you can place however many structures you want/need. The area would not be a hard boundary for placing structures like the claim flag. This area size would be effected by the number of people in your company but would follow the same build distance from enemy structures rules that currently exist in lawless regions, again not suggesting another claim system.

Anything you build outside of that home area would have a limit on how many structures you could build. This will allow people to build taming pins etc. in different locations around the same island but prevent foundation spam. Say, 1 home region per lawless zone? I dunno, just rambling at this point. 

What Server / Zone is this on? If you're ever on NA PvE go to Shrewdale stand (NE island) in I9, there you will find a lawless island taken over by one person who has placed hundreds of foundations neatly arranged to prevent any and all who attempt to build there. Underwater, on the beach, and on all the cliffs. You name it, he covered it.

The image clearly shows it all

*Shows screenshot taken during night time in game (No increased gamma correction)*

Well fuck you too then.

Edited by James Sulivan
  • Haha 1

screenshot shows nothing but one area in a lawless zone , go explore further there is lots of land now available if are fast as the changes were sleepers no longer contest land is turning zones into land grabs again

Decay timer should be based on the number of conjoined objects your company has built.  Lone foundations, despawn in 10 minutes.  Two foundations together?  20.  20 or so pieces (foundations, walls, ceilings) should be able to last a day or so.

• Like 1

Why build buildings on land when you can build on water. So everyone can use resources and you not covering resources. 😉 This what I did. I have one small peace corner on the whole map and also on the water.

While I feel your grief there OP at times it is nessasry to do in lawless as you have no way to keep people from building all around you and locking you out. My island has seen dozens come in, build a hut and shipyard then nothing til I demolished their crap. meanwhile I am running around a maze trying to get resources for my base. Nowadays my stretch is pretty open, but has a lot of foundations covering it, however if anyone asks I am more then willing to open some up to settle as long as it doesnt kill my game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dreadmill said:

The foundations are Lawless claim flags. I let anyone build on ‘my’ lands if they don’t block resources. But, unlike some greedy companies I’ve seen, I don’t charge taxes. I tried at the beginning to get a claim area but couldn’t. Why should I not put down some foundations to protect the resources for everyone? I consider myself a good steward and If I don’t log in in 4 days it’s all gone anyway and I’m fine with that. 

I understand this, but when is it too much?

I remember in ARK being paranoid when I saw a squat building near me and then I would run around ensuring my pillars would prevent anyone from blocking me or killing resources. Similarly, in Atlas I see the desire and need to do this, but not sections or entire islands. This is the post about NA PvE I9 Shrewdale: 

Everyone needs a small/large shipyard to build something beyond the sloop to at least get out on the seas. I hope people will use a modest approach to protect themselves and still allow for friendly discord over foundation/pillar land as some have expressed doing. 

I also hate the pillar/foundation spam on Lawless islands but it is a necessary evil... In my case, I have used them defensively so some asshat random company doesnt build fugly one-time-use structures a few feet from my front door, block off thoroughfares constrained by natural terrain, or block off critical resources.  It is a case of eat or be eaten, kill or be killed, etc.

• Like 1

Some people abuse it.

Others like me do it to stop the gate spam which blocks off entire areas to people.

They spam massive walls or build a hut on a metal node to keep it.

Dozens of people have come and gone from my bay on the island I build on. I open the land, they build for 2-3 days then poof gone, quit. Then I demo and put their stuff in boxes for a week and wait. One returned and I gave them their stuff back and their home was in tact.

Another nice home I put up signs saying dont demo please, someone demoed it and built and ugly box and has now left the game. I get the fun of demoing that too now.

Not to mention the countless boats abandoned.

Decay should be tied to hours played and active in the area. Not active and not in the area? Decay starts and by decay I mean actual decay till it vanishes.

I made a corner of the island into an amazing harbor with 8 ziplines and tons of nice features all well decorated with 90 lanterns and the place is alive.

Making changes to lawless would destroy this place and make it look like the rest of lawless which looks like CRAP.

Pic of harbor:

https://imgur.com/a/ctF8jUe

The archway over the large gate to the inner harbor is 16 units tall for scale. This has been a massive project and changes to lawless would destroy it. Tons of people visit all the time and do trades and explore the property and harvest the resources (it has signs to each resource). 

Making changes would simply turn this nice place into the junkyards which clutter the lawless lands.

Edited by Atlantian
  • Like 2

Unlocked a ton of land then reclaimed after they quit, some have stayed on and the area has a nice community.

Lots of unlocked reservoirs, 90 lanterns controled by one lever for lights at night, an always lit lighthouse etc etc and pot stoves and smithys for use as well. Even the piers have access for unloading and loading elephants. Ziplines out to all 4 zones on the piers and ziplines from gems back to base and down to ships.

Place is decked out 🙂

I don't think anyone really wanted to live in lawless to begin with, but players will play with what they are dealt.  As far a open claimable land I have seen none and we have traveled extensively at this point.  Were not interested in being someone else's serf and pay them tax to live in a claimable region, so were left with lawless regions.  They should have left the range on the foundation alone cause at least before it didn't look like a spam of blocks.  At this point we have so much invested in the region we live in, it would make no sense to relocate anyways.  So well stay in lawless and try to keep control of the land we have with foundation spamming as long as we can. As for you people making silly suggestions like make lawless pvp and whatnot clearly you live in a claimable region and don't understand why so many live in lawless.  Perhaps people should address the reality that there simply isn't enough landmass for the player base and that the allowed number of claims a individual can make should have been limited from the start.   Damage was done at launch, any changes after that will just screw somebody.  Hopefully you and not me.  🙂

There is land to claim, it may appear that everything has been claimed but I proved otherwise is another post “ it may be wrong but we are pirates”. I found a nice piece of land with a base and stuff on it that seems to have been abandoned, I have since modified it to make it my own and I am loving it. As of last night I was able to take another claim from someone else who is no longer active and had just logged off in their base. Last night it took hours to obtain but I managed to aquire it as well, I now have 6 claims to my company, 2 of which holds my base, 2 of the others are in the sea to allow building of a shipyard, one is beside my neighbors for taming spawns that don’t happen on my land and the last I acquired last night. I may or may not relinquish one or two of my areas based on the upcoming fixed and changes to land claims, I’m not a greedy person but I have no use for griefers or someone to make my life more complicated than it is. I believe there is plenty of land to be claimed if a person is willing to search for it, I would suggest taking a sloop to search and not risk the bigger ships to do your searches. Land is out there I promise you.

Why even move to claimable region at this point though?    In claimable region you only get 3 days of protection(I believe).  In lawless I get 4 days.  And I'll assume that if there is land available to claim as some say, its a really bad locations with either no resources or lots of nasty wildlife, or both.   Why give up a lawless claim?   From my perspective lawless is at least stable and a "safer" for now at least.

Whats the benefit of being in a claimable region as opposed to lawless? 

You have three options. 

Claim land

Build on someone else’s claimed land

Build on lawless 

39 minutes ago, sgzeroone said:

Why even move to claimable region at this point though?    In claimable region you only get 3 days of protection(I believe).  In lawless I get 4 days.  And I'll assume that if there is land available to claim as some say, its a really bad locations with either no resources or lots of nasty wildlife, or both.   Why give up a lawless claim?   From my perspective lawless is at least stable and a "safer" for now at least.

Whats the benefit of being in a claimable region as opposed to lawless? 

Travel to a region and find out. If you have to ask that question you’ve not traveled much or have no intention to play end game content. 

Its true you get 3 days of protection, but it’s better protection.

Edited by Gaxon
  • Confused 1

I asked the question because I have traveled around....and I don't see a benefit to basing in claimable region as opposed to the lawless regions.  And I have no idea what relevance end game content has to do with where you build a base at all.    How is it exactly "better" protection?  Can you provide any hard facts to support you claims?  or is it just your opinion?

41 minutes ago, Gaxon said:

You have three options. 

Claim land

Build on someone else’s claimed land

Build on lawless 

Travel to a region and find out. If you have to ask that question you’ve not traveled much or have no intention to play end game content. 

Its true you get 3 days of protection, but it’s better protection.

Oh, there are other options, but ya, those are three options. Personally, i would never play official, if those are the only three options. 

• Sad 1

I made the mistake with Ark of playing on Unofficial during Early Access... Never again.   Every update there seemed to be a wipe.  Mostly because of mods....but still.

I believe the 3 day rule was changed to 14 days but they are going a step further in upcoming patches by basing it on how many claims you have and the size of your company. They are really trying to make it better for solo and small companies who don’t always have someone online to defend a claim.  

Now I’m not sure how lawless works now, it used to be you couldn’t make claims and had to deal with people building on top of you and before it was so overcrowded that it was a fight for resources, I guess it is all really just preference to each of us. I’ve read that some people have abandoned the idea of having a claim and live off their boats using it like a caravan making friends and trade routes along the way.

The game is constantly changing and my understanding of lawless regions were that things decomposed faster but that could have changed as well.

If your happy being there then by all means please remain but there are places to settle if you’d like and I’m not opposed to giving a plot of land away to someone who has none.  I have no desire to help those who have more than they need or just want something because it’s in a different grid

I’d say land claims has something to do with rankings, that and it could be a spawn point they use for quick access to different regionsI honestly don’t know what the thinking is with large companies in PVE, I see no benefits to it and no gain, if one company owned everything then I guess everyone who was a member could build wherever they wanted and whatever they wanted. I mean after all who would be there to contest anything in the game. What rules could you apply because taxing your own land that only your own members are going to harvest from kinda defeats the purpose of taxes, you couldn’t rent to your own members, you couldn’t take anything from them so the empire that was built would serve no purpose other than to say look at me, I’ve claimed all the land and recruited all the players, we are now as one and I am your ruler. 

I enjoy my solo game play, I don’t have to deal with someone trying to tell me what to do and when to do it, I don’t need endless amounts of claims to make me feel special or a fleet of battleships at my disposal to enjoy the game for everything it has to offer, I’ll suffer and struggle because it will take a solo player longer to accomplish stuff, longer to build things, longer to do anything except die because that seems to happen really fast and quite often. At the same time it will take me much longer to say that I’ve done everything there is to do, I’m bored what else is there to play, what new games are coming out and what is everyone else interested in.

I've built on lawless, we've put a few wooden posts down ourselves to map out an area, nothing like your picture shows though. We've just took enough land for the 2 of us who play. Putting posts down stops trolls coming in and building something on your plot of land you've found.

Luckily our island seems friendly and we have a good neighbour so we don't have this trouble although the Chinese with ?????? marks has plots all over the place and spamming these sort of structures you see in the picture above. I don't want a server wipe but on the other side of it i'll be sort of glad, even though we start again.