Sign in to follow this  
Daigari

Let's mitigate the effects of server-wipe!

In the process of working on the game, especially with global changes, periodically there is a need to clean the servers.

Given the fact that all the obvious full wipe when the game release, I believe it is necessary to mitigate the effects of intermediate cleanings.

This is not difficult, if you take as a model the structure of the game ARK-character transfer, with things from one server to another worked out, and there are no problems.

I do not take into account the opinion of players who "maybe" buy the game, and "maybe" will play it for more than three days, I speak for those who are in the project from the beginning, have already experienced one wipe , and remained in the project.

Gameplay involves more or less constant participation in the game, ie those who really develops and studies the world, spend a lot of time in the game. You should not unnecessarily cancel this work .

Thx.

What the hell are you trying to say? Be straight forward instead of trying to sound pretentious as fuck. Are you saying you don’t think characters should be wiped? If so you are wrong. Yes PC players will have an advantage when the game releases since they had it first. But they shouldn’t be given a larger advantage by retaining anything. This game is still in EA. People should expect wipes. With the Xbox release, it is needed more than ever if it hopes to succeed. Console release is the life raft for this game. They can’t afford to fuck it up by not wiping the game completely. People that cry about losing their progress should really look at the bigger picture. 

• Like 1

I have already said that I am not going to debate with those who have not seen the game. It doesn't make sense. Especially to discuss "advantages". We will have it anyway-while beginners will die of cold and heat, running on a beach with spears, old residents will already have equipment, ships, bases and high level of the character. But when you personally spend a year breeding really top animals, and  once again lost them, it hurts.

Correction - I'm talking about PVE.

Besides, the future is not superfluous to work out a system of transfers ))

Edited by Daigari

PVE could probably keep their levels. But not PvP. Just because PC players already have an advantage doesn’t mean they should be given more of an advantage. That is just a bs argument. But that is irreverent since you clarified that you are referring to PvE. Also I wouldn’t say I’m a beginner. I have a bout 1000 hours in the game and don’t care at all about losing any sort of progress. 

• Like 1

It certainly is! At the expense of PVP you are absolutely right - there is a competition of characters.

For PVE i Dont think there will be mich left of the old player base After a might. A few might Start over again And Maybe a few come back After a wipe but it wont be much pc left. Many People put much effort Into Building their towns, breeding And gathering stats over month, Farming for int gear And also Level their Charakter close to max Level. For me it doesnt really matter if they wipe or Not,i will still be playing even if i lose everything to a wipe which may happen. 

Thread nr 3258 about a wipe who is not confirmed nor unconfirmed.

Yesterday I saw a picture of a tuna can wrapped in plastic in a store. The niveau is similar to this thread. It's just unnecessary.

Imo it's so unnecessary, that this thread seems to be a trollthread. Or are out there so dumb people who start exactly the same thread again, when there are several of them open and on the first forumpage? 

To be honest I am starting to not care about the wipe anymore. That interview was so underwhelming and seeing all the negative feedback on mixer, twitter and reddit because of that interview I am kind of just meh now.

i mean my buddies and I will still get it but we will be going to unofficial servers. Just from hearing about how broken or lacking in content it is from you pc guys over the past few months has really killed the hype.

so yeah. I mean there still should be a wipe, but it won’t be because I want since since I am pretty sure we won’t be going to officials. I still do feel for the poor guys that will play on officials.

anyways, I don’t think they did a good job with the announcement so this might be another bad launch unfortunately 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Realist said:

To be honest I am starting to not care about the wipe anymore. That interview was so underwhelming and seeing all the negative feedback on mixer, twitter and reddit because of that interview I am kind of just meh now.

i mean my buddies and I will still get it but we will be going to unofficial servers. Just from hearing about how broken or lacking in content it is from you pc guys over the past few months has really killed the hype.

so yeah. I mean there still should be a wipe, but it won’t be because I want since since I am pretty sure we won’t be going to officials. I still do feel for the poor guys that will play on officials.

anyways, I don’t think they did a good job with the announcement so this might be another bad launch unfortunately 

Hmm... Officials run pretty fine, if you have a good hardware. I nearly never get problems with the fps and almost all of the problems (stuck, fall thru ground ...) are solved. About the balancing of pvp I can't tell you, because I don't play there.

I played on private servers too but there you feel so lonely. On the officials you will still meet lot of people and gives some diversity.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Yeah, you just trolled it up.

Typical. Nobody wants your pity, however, all those poor guys feel sorry for you.

6 hours ago, Baps said:

What the hell are you trying to say? Be straight forward instead of trying to sound pretentious as fuck. Are you saying you don’t think characters should be wiped? If so you are wrong. Yes PC players will have an advantage when the game releases since they had it first. But they shouldn’t be given a larger advantage by retaining anything. This game is still in EA. People should expect wipes. With the Xbox release, it is needed more than ever if it hopes to succeed. Console release is the life raft for this game. They can’t afford to fuck it up by not wiping the game completely. People that cry about losing their progress should really look at the bigger picture. 

People should expect wipes for fundamental changes in core gameplay, or issues that can only be solved with a wipe. There's no real change coming to the game, other than swaping a bunch of abandoned copy pasted islands for other copy pasted islands so they can justify a wipe. The bigger picture is 8th october the game will have the same issues it has had for a very long time, and the cause for pc player exodus. While those same issues remain unsolved the xbox player exodus is guaranteed.

So, why would i want to repeat all the grindy things i don't particularly enjoy, so they can give the new players an artificial  perception that the playfield is leveled? What's in it for us?

Edited by znasser

3 hours ago, Realist said:

I’m gonna shoot you in the face with a bazooka.

You’ve been on here for months arguing about the absolute necessity of a wipe and now at the last minute you’re shrugging your shoulders and saying “ meh it doesn’t matter, I’m going to unofficials.” You get back here and eat your peanut butter and broccoli sandwich young man. There are starving children in Alabama who would murder you in your sleep for that sandwich. Seriously, don’t go to Alabama.

Kidding aside, I’m not sure what advantage you think going to unofficials will gain. Boosted rates and some mods maybe, but on a vastly smaller game world subject to change or disappearance at any time based on the whims of the server owner unless you and your buddies rent your own. But you’re an Ark vet, you don’t need me to tell you that. Just curious as to your thinking because while the game has plenty of issues, those issues still exist on unofficials. Maybe I’m overlooking something relevant. Break it down for me.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

You’ve been on here for months arguing about the absolute necessity of a wipe and now at the last minute you’re shrugging your shoulders and saying “ meh it doesn’t matter, I’m going to unofficials.” You get back here and eat your peanut butter and broccoli sandwich young man. There are starving children in Alabama who would murder you in your sleep for that sandwich. Seriously, don’t go to Alabama.

Kidding aside, I’m not sure what advantage you think going to unofficials will gain. Boosted rates and some mods maybe, but on a vastly smaller game world subject to change or disappearance at any time based on the whims of the server owner unless you and your buddies rent your own. But you’re an Ark vet, you don’t need me to tell you that. Just curious as to your thinking because while the game has plenty of issues, those issues still exist on unofficials. Maybe I’m overlooking something relevant. Break it down for me.

Get ready for a long explanation then lol

where to start. Hmmm

ah ok. Well to me atlas was a chance to relive my glory days of ark. Through this explanation you will see I have never lied and always stayed true to my opinion. I really loved that initial rush of the race to the top in ark. To be honest everything that has happened recently especially the release date has made all of that not possible. More than likely I won’t be getting laid off for the season until December.

my wife is a different kind of wrench. I don’t have the cool wife that is cool with me playing on evenings or weekends lol. She is always wanting to do things(why I have been on so many damn vacations this year). There are only two days a week that I have off that she doesn’t. I am always make sure to get up super early on those days so I can have a good 10 hours of play time on those two days.

when I am laid off, I still can’t get on weekends but I have the opportunity be be on for 12 hours a day 5 days out of the week Mon-Friday(hence me wanting events to happen on weekdays sometimes).

official pvp is something I played on ark but will simply not be possible or viable for me. Wipe or no wipe the pc guys are right they will already build up faster and I don’t want to risk my buddies getting roflstomped while I am at work. I would ultimately blame myself for that because I simply won’t be on except for the rare occurrence.

sure there is pve(which I seriously thought about) but we do like to pvp as well. I was actually trying to convince them of doing this. It would be nice to have your stuff this there when you log in(especially with the minimal time I will have).

unofficials seem like a good balance of pvp and pve. I can still get wiped but the increased resource rates would make it easier to build back up(with my very limited time). You are right they do bring uncertainty but that is better than that absolute certainty of wiping if you can only play a couple days a week on official pvp.

the one option I am sure people will suggest is joining a big group. That I can simply not do. That would take away from everything at has to offer really. I would log in for my two days and start grinding with my over leveled tools while I am wearing my over leveled gear, building those mythical galleons and I would probably never see any of the cool low to mid game stuff.

i am going to need that freedom to do as I wish on those two days and the reassurance my stuff with still be there, because to be honest with only two days a week(even with the freedom) it would take months just just to figure out and explore the game.

so long story short I am kind of screwed. People can think I am selfish all they want, because I feel that same way about them. I still think the wipe should happen because even though it might not effect me anymore it could still help a lot of others.

and I don’t know man. The reception wasn’t good and I believe they actually put in zero effort on that launch announcement. It was very cookie cutter and stale at the same time.

not sure how things are going to go, and I will still be buying the game. But literally everything just changed and now the hype is gone for me.

I don't play on PVP servers for quite a while, but how the game is played on a PVE server I like. Developers really work, problems are really solved. Once fell into a narrow gorge, (sit on my bear), and i look this as a quest 🙂 with the help of equipment got out, and the bear then he got out for me. As for the "lack of content" - it's a sandbox, there are no long storylines that lead the player from the beginning to the end of the game, just like in the real world-you build your own story, at will. And i dont know another games of this level, with such graphics and such features now. I'm not talking about ARC, there is a different story, there is a mix of technologies on one side of the island can run around pantsless Papuans, with spears, standing on the other laser turrets, and fly wywern. The Atlas storyline is much more realistic in terms of technology.

I haven't seen the need to wipe PVE.  However, playing on the PTR, I feel a wipe will be happening.  Because, our home island is in I5,  and now I5 is a freeport.  I'm used to alot of wipes playing Conan EA so, I'm used to starting over and over and it doesn't really bother me.  What does concern me is the loss of players in the server because not everyone thinks like myself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

To be honest it sounds like Realist has made a great decision to play on Unofficial.

Be honest with yourself Boomer it's the only place the game is currently playable and enjoyable....

As for the elephant in the room "The Wipe"

Get over yourselves people, this is a game in Development its not freaking released....  And its expanding to XBOX!

Of course there going to wipe and it's not the end of the world, you can rebuild your pixels.  Games wiping in development is part of the process.

The train of thought that wipes are driving the player base away is CRAP

The game itself, its poor implementation, drives the players away all on its own.  The Wipes don't matter one bit to the fact the population has declined.

The same people who were about to quit this game before the wipe are going to quit after the wipe, the wipe will just be there excuse or final nail in the coffin....  But don't be fooled they were dead men walking already!!!  

And that same people who love this game will still love this game after the wipe, though I can't imagine who those people are, they evidently have strange taste in a game!

Edited by Sulfurblade
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulfurblade said:

To be honest it sounds like Realist has made a great decision to play on Unofficial.

Be honest with yourself Boomer it's the only place the game is currently playable and enjoyable....

My comments had nothing to do with whether official or unofficial is the better place to play. I have tried both and prefer official because to me personally the size of the game world is an important draw, and unofficials are much much smaller. However, that is very much about personal preferences. The point of my post is that Realist as much or more than anyone here has been the driving force behind campaigning for official server wipe as "necessary" for a "level playing field" for Xbox players when they enter. For him to have invested that amount of time and energy into something that would result in other players losing their far greater amount of time and energy invested to suit his personal whims, only to make a decision at the last minute which renders the need he campaigned so hard for at others expense irrelevant, well.... that's why I was giving him a hard time about it, if only in jest.

Based on what Realist has said he likes to do in the past, I think he could enjoy the game in either place. Keep in mind, he won't be the only one joining, and his play preferences and what he finds enjoyable could be quite different from what you  enjoy, or what I enjoy. I still think that unofficial servers for a traditional MMORPG that was trying to promote the things Atlas claimed to be aiming for at launch is a head scratchingly bad idea, and that's coming from someone who ran his own multi server cluster for over a year on Ark, so I'm certainly not anti unofficial. However, as I have watched Atlas's development this year, I am letting go of the notion that unofficials make no sense for this game, because it is never going to be the things they said they were setting out for in the beginning, and I think if Atlas ultimately survives and finds any long term success, it will have to be by finding a genre defying space in the gaming world that does not fit previously held definitions. So I'm not standing on an unmoving inflexible hill of "unofficials bad, officials good." I'm just saying for what I would want from the game, having tried both, I think officials are more likely to get there, but as always ymmv.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

My comments had nothing to do with whether official or unofficial is the better place to play. I have tried both and prefer official because to me personally the size of the game world is an important draw, and unofficials are much much smaller. However, that is very much about personal preferences. The point of my post is that Realist as much or more than anyone here has been the driving force behind campaigning for official server wipe as "necessary" for a "level playing field" for Xbox players when they enter. For him to have invested that amount of time and energy into something that would result in other players losing their far greater amount of time and energy invested to suit his personal whims, only to make a decision at the last minute which renders the need he campaigned so hard for at others expense irrelevant, well.... that's why I was giving him a hard time about it, if only in jest.

Based on what Realist has said he likes to do in the past, I think he could enjoy the game in either place. Keep in mind, he won't be the only one joining, and his play preferences and what he finds enjoyable could be quite different from what you  enjoy, or what I enjoy. I still think that unofficial servers for a traditional MMORPG that was trying to promote the things Atlas claimed to be aiming for at launch is a head scratchingly bad idea, and that's coming from someone who ran his own multi server cluster for over a year on Ark, so I'm certainly not anti unofficial. However, as I have watched Atlas's development this year, I am letting go of the notion that unofficials make no sense for this game, because it is never going to be the things they said they were setting out for in the beginning, and I think if Atlas ultimately survives and finds any long term success, it will have to be by finding a genre defying space in the gaming world that does not fit previously held definitions. So I'm not standing on an unmoving inflexible hill of "unofficials bad, officials good." I'm just saying for what I would want from the game, having tried both, I think officials are more likely to get there, but as always ymmv.

First time I have ever seen your mileage may very written out as an acronym.  Actually had to look that one up.

As for Realist championing a wipe, common sense dictates a wipe and while I rarely side or agree with the man, its obvious its the correct thing to do when introducing a large population too the sandbox...  It's only fair to have a wipe!  And everyone screaming and crying "OMG don't wipe" Reminder, Its an EARLY ACCESS GAME IN DEVELOPMENT if you think the game is going to magically develop itself without there being wipes your living in a fairy tale environment.

As for the Unofficial server topic, I don't believe a MMORPG should separate itself into multiple servers, I don't think PvE and PvP should be separated either.

But then this is not an MMORPG it claimed to be, it's just another survival MMO, that is catering to the less then civil portion of the PvP minded gaming subsection, that enjoys games like Rust, and DayZ where the running joke is "Frie....."  (Friendly) and if you bother trying to actual ask that question well you're obviously dead and learned there is no such thing!

Games like this will always be a small niche and never make the Revenue that an MMORPG like Ultima Online or RuneScape or dare I say World of Warcraft will ever make.  Because MMORPG's require Rules, some level of Civil behaivor, etc....  And Atlas has none of this nor will it ever....

12 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Yeah, it is disappointing and time wasted. I do still stand by the wipe however for others. I guess I was merely saying that bowing out of the race since officials won’t be viable for me unless I do choose pve.

so my stance really hasn’t changed, more like my situation has now changed.

• Haha 1

They separated pvp and pve for the same reason they introduced single player, to increase sales. I think merging pve and pvp will be a costly mistake as the two gaming attitudes are very different, and it will not work, after playing mmo's since day one of all kinds and I still do, forcing the two together after having them separated would take more work than they have the capability of doing. Had it started that way it would be different. As for wipe Yeh it's prob gonna happen but I don't know why people even assume it will level the playing field cos IT WILL NOT, and that's coming from someone who will be playing both. for a start I use the xbox controller on pc but I still use the mouse when it's quicker, xbox players won't. Also the total lack of decent tutorials means the xbox players will take weeks to get to grips with the game, while the pc players will be levelling like crazy. Ok in pve that won't bother anybody but in pvp you'll still get xbox users claiming the unfairness of it all. All said and done till it actually happens all speculation is really just that, speculation.

15 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

First time I have ever seen your mileage may very written out as an acronym.  Actually had to look that one up.

As for Realist championing a wipe, common sense dictates a wipe and while I rarely side or agree with the man, its obvious its the correct thing to do when introducing a large population too the sandbox...  It's only fair to have a wipe!  And everyone screaming and crying "OMG don't wipe" Reminder, Its an EARLY ACCESS GAME IN DEVELOPMENT if you think the game is going to magically develop itself without there being wipes your living in a fairy tale environment.

As for the Unofficial server topic, I don't believe a MMORPG should separate itself into multiple servers, I don't think PvE and PvP should be separated either.

But then this is not an MMORPG it claimed to be, it's just another survival MMO, that is catering to the less then civil portion of the PvP minded gaming subsection, that enjoys games like Rust, and DayZ where the running joke is "Frie....."  (Friendly) and if you bother trying to actual ask that question well you're obviously dead and learned there is no such thing!

Games like this will always be a small niche and never make the Revenue that an MMORPG like Ultima Online or RuneScape or dare I say World of Warcraft will ever make.  Because MMORPG's require Rules, some level of Civil behaivor, etc....  And Atlas has none of this nor will it ever....

I've never been against wiping if the developers determine it's necessary for any development related reasons. What I was and still am against is wiping for the sole reason of making it "fair" for new players, or because they think they deserve it. It takes only the simplest of logical examples to illustrate why this line of thinking does not hold up. Do the people who join the game at any point down the road after it has been wiped for the initial wave of xbox players not deserve the same level playing field? If so, then you must wipe every x period of time to make it "fair". That is obviously an absurd approach to any game where there is long term investment of time and energy. In just the same way that life is not fair, a game should not cater to such a perceived need just because some group agitates for it. Every player who joins Atlas or any other MMO for that matter at a point after an initial launch has to cope with the "unfairness" of others having a head start. I myself have done it many times on many games. It is the nature of the beast, and frankly part of the challenge.

MMORPG's have successfully divided servers when game population size made that prudent, or to better serve real world geography. I absolutely disagree that pvp and pve should not be seperated. They are two fundamentally seperate game modes with players seeking fundamentally different experiences, and what has happened every single time any game I've played has tried to shoehorn them in together because of some hairbrained developer notion otherwise is that the pve experience has suffered horribly for good reason than to provide amusement for pvpers who would rather grief players than actually engage in competition. It is a foolish invitation to asshattery, and the only exception I've ever seen to this is Eve, which found a way to blend the two reasonably successfully. When Grapeshot demonstrates the same level of professional competence and mastery that CCP has over more than a decade, fine, we can have that talk. Until then, I'm firmly against it.

I agree that it is precisely this sort of toxic behavior that limits games which allow this sort of nonsense into a backwater niche within the MMO genre.

14 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah, it is disappointing and time wasted. I do still stand by the wipe however for others. I guess I was merely saying that bowing out of the race since officials won’t be viable for me unless I do choose pve.

so my stance really hasn’t changed, more like my situation has now changed.

that's completely understandable, and as you've already made clear in the past, your decision is as much about playing with your friends as anything else, so a change in their preferences based on the information in hand could obviously result in a change of where you play.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

They separated pvp and pve for the same reason they introduced single player, to increase sales. I think merging pve and pvp will be a costly mistake as the two gaming attitudes are very different, and it will not work, after playing mmo's since day one of all kinds and I still do, forcing the two together after having them separated would take more work than they have the capability of doing. Had it started that way it would be different. As for wipe Yeh it's prob gonna happen but I don't know why people even assume it will level the playing field cos IT WILL NOT, and that's coming from someone who will be playing both. for a start I use the xbox controller on pc but I still use the mouse when it's quicker, xbox players won't. Also the total lack of decent tutorials means the xbox players will take weeks to get to grips with the game, while the pc players will be levelling like crazy. Ok in pve that won't bother anybody but in pvp you'll still get xbox users claiming the unfairness of it all. All said and done till it actually happens all speculation is really just that, speculation.

Understand I agree with you....

They should have had 1 sandbox but as you have pointed out they choose the course to seperate them all....  And when you set the precedent then there is no way to walk it back.

PvE players need PvP players, even though they will never admit it, and swear up and down they don't...  PvP players create danger, the cause Risk which makes Reward more Rewarding...  Sadly MMORPG's since the day Ultima Online seperated the Good and the Bad when they created Trammel have operated under this Care Bear philosophy the ultimately ends up

PvE Crowd Matters "They are the Majority"

PvP crowd is an afterthought "Minority" (Less Money)

You can see this in nearly every Major MMORPG including World of Warcraft.

As for the Level the playing field it's not a matter of is it level its a matter of does it appear to be level.

Your a prospective Xbox buyer thinking about making the purchase, are you more then likely to make the purchase if you know everyone is starting at the same point or are you less likely to make the purchase if you know there are bands of Computer players with high level characters and multiple Galleys and Islands that are already claimed and tons of money in there bank accounts with tons of high level tames.

Sure the computer player thats been playing since release will have the Know How to level the Correct things and progress far faster but that doesn't matter....  What matters is the Happy feeling the prospective xbox buyer is going to have when he knows he will be starting on equal footing "cough" "cough"....

Your knowledge and your right assumption that computer players will have the advantage is of no concern for sales, the only thing that matters is the appearance of the wipe.

17 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

MMORPG's have successfully divided servers when game population size made that prudent, or to better serve real world geography. I absolutely disagree that pvp and pve should not be seperated. They are two fundamentally seperate game modes with players seeking fundamentally different experiences, and what has happened every single time any game I've played has tried to shoehorn them in together because of some hairbrained developer notion otherwise is that the pve experience has suffered horribly for good reason than to provide amusement for pvpers who would rather grief players than actually engage in competition. It is a foolish invitation to asshattery, and the only exception I've ever seen to this is Eve, which found a way to blend the two reasonably successfully. When Grapeshot demonstrates the same level of professional competence and mastery that CCP has over more than a decade, fine, we can have that talk. Until then, I'm firmly against it.

I agree that it is precisely this sort of toxic behavior that limits games which allow this sort of nonsense into a backwater niche within the MMO genre.

I must disagree with you sir!

Ultima Online BEFORE Trammel was the greatest MMORPG of all time...

And both PvP and PvE players coexisted perfectly.

No game has tried to shoehorn them together!  Please name an MMORPG since Ultima Online that put everyone together! 

And that list will be a painfully obvious list of games that Catered to the PvP Niche crowd....

Mortal Online

Darkfall

Shadowbane

^^^^^  Are a few of the only ones I can think of.  And where they went wrong is the same place that all the WoW clones go wrong!

These games where PvP first and PvE was the Red headed step children!

WoW

GW2

ESO

^^^^ Those games are PvE first and PvP a minor after thought the Red headed step children!!!

Please point out a game where PvP and PvE were treated equally in the same Sandbox in the past 12 years????

Not even Eve can make that claim because of the prevalence of High Sec space!  

The MMORPG Genre has been dying because of the Split of the player base that has become the normal since Trammel was created in Ultima Online....

That's why I have huge hopes that Chronicles of Elyria and its new MEOW approach will finally put the PvP and PvE crowd back together in one basket!

I argue that no MMORPG since Ultima Online has even made a credible attempt to make a game capable of providing for the needs or all player types and allowing them to flourish which each needing the other to survive.  Just like Plants need Carbon Dioxide to make Oxygen and we need Oxygen to breath the circle of life exists inside of the MMORPG

Crafters need people to buy from them!

PvPers Dont have time or care to craft <---

PvEers Collect mats and resources for the crafters

PK's Try to kill the PvEers making there adventure all the more exciting and rewarding.

Explorers Discover places and resources for the PvEers to adventure

^^^^ All of these are playstyles but sadly the average PVE "Minded Player" Today believes that all...

PvPers are PK's

Those are two very different categories....

Real PvPers want Honorable conflict and don't care about the PvEers they ignore them like a soldier would a civilian!

Its the PK's that hunt the PvEers and they Use to be a small minority <----  The seperation of the playerbases has made the younger gamers 40 years old or less believe

that PK's and PVP are the same thing... Game like Rust and ARK and DayZ and Atlas only Reinforce this terrible trend...  

And because of this the best MMORPG has to Really think about the systems it needs to put in place to RE Teach the PvP crowd that they are soldiers and not killers.

it requires Law and Order, it requires using ones brain and being elaborate and figuring out how to mitigate all the people who will attempt to abuse the systems put in place!

In short it would require effort....  but the Best MMORPG ever made the WoW killer the MMORPG that puts all players back in the same Sandbox that would be a game worth putting in the effort....

Hopefully thats Chronicles of Elyria otherwise I don't think I will see this game before I die....

Ok, so they don't wipe, current players are happy until they do wipe, what they are going to have to do at least a couple times before it is a finished game (last being when it is released as such). But, if they are going to overhaul the skill system (possible if not probable character wipe) , if they go with a new map (not just a few islands placed down but, the entire map moved around,  what if they decide to change up the build system and placements and the old ones wouldn't match up or work with it? another wipe.. or several things they may be changing or adding to the game between now and when it is a finished product..  Is everyone going to fight and stomp feet every single time?

As far as you that have been breeding for months for the "perfect tame" welp, if they change out the beasts/taming/levels out there, guess what.. those tames might become obsolete and useless.  What then for you?  sigh.

Edited by Liatni

4 hours ago, 8ball said:

I haven't seen the need to wipe PVE.  However, playing on the PTR, I feel a wipe will be happening.  Because, our home island is in I5,  and now I5 is a freeport.  I'm used to alot of wipes playing Conan EA so, I'm used to starting over and over and it doesn't really bother me.  What does concern me is the loss of players in the server because not everyone thinks like myself.

That would be easy fixed Without a wipe. As every Grid is his own Server Which sends you to another when hitting the border they just Need to Change that After I4 you travell to freeport And After that to the New Grid  Which is your Grid .so they just swapped places basicly