Sign in to follow this  
Bolognapwny

how the #@$@#$ do you claim an island

Those "fuckin instructions" are in latest captain´s log. Maybe you could read it before you create another stupid topic. 

• Like 3

ITs still confusing...  it also doesnt fuckin tell you how to change build allowance... Anyone can build on your shit at anytime, and you can't do  shit about it.... what in the actual fuck.

• Haha 1

You can’t change it.... that mechanic no longer exists.... you have to go around behind them demolishing their stuff one piece at a time.... enjoy being a landholder....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Salty Jack said:

You can’t change it.... that mechanic no longer exists.... you have to go around behind them demolishing their stuff one piece at a time.... enjoy being a landholder....

I own the land, and I have someone building on  it, and Ic an't demolish their shit.

2 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

ITs still confusing...  it also doesnt fuckin tell you how to change build allowance... Anyone can build on your shit at anytime, and you can't do  shit about it.... what in the actual fuck.

So this is confusing right? If thats confusing for you maybe there is a problem between chair and your screen "An Island can be claimed by placing the claim flag skill which has a cost equal to the island's initial base upkeep."

Edited by Willard

Taxes are stored in the flag, and that makes me think the upkeep is mats, but they're equating that to a gold cost to place the flag?  The wording is too weird to tell what they mean.

Edited by Winter Thorne

it is gold to claim the land and gold to maintain the flag

you either put the maintenance gold on the flag itself or the tax bank

So flag maintenance is gold? I thought the taxation of occupants was to pay for the flag upkeep. How does that work if flag maintenance is gold?

Or is it gold only for PvP?

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

So flag maintenance is gold? I thought the taxation of occupants was to pay for the flag upkeep. How does that work if flag maintenance is gold?

Or is is gold only for PvP?

Guess we need to figure it out. It seem only gold for now. The more settlers u got on your Island the less gold u need to upkeep that. 

I was also under the impression the upkeep was from other people putting resources in the tax bank. I'm not complaining if it's gold only though, it makes it more interesting in having to keep enough gold to cover it. Resources would be to easy I guess but I'm sure we'll see soon enough if it changes or not.

2 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

I was also under the impression the upkeep was from other people putting resources in the tax bank. I'm not complaining if it's gold only though, it makes it more interesting in having to keep enough gold to cover it. Resources would be to easy I guess but I'm sure we'll see soon enough if it changes or not.

This is why I think it's different on PvE. Otherwise no-one on the land would be forced to pay gold and can't be fought by the land owner. But what I don't understand on PvP is how does the land owner know who has paid what. Just doesn't quite make sense at this stage.

3 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

Don't worry man, half the people on the forums already ignored Willard hes just a troll mate.

13 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

This is why I think it's different on PvE. Otherwise no-one on the land would be forced to pay gold and can't be fought by the land owner. But what I don't understand on PvP is how does the land owner know who has paid what. Just doesn't quite make sense at this stage.

Yeah I have no idea, I don't think they have explained themselves clearly to be honest. I haven't played it to test it out or anything but I have been watching several streams.

1 minute ago, DannyUK said:

Yeah I have no idea, I don't think they have explained themselves clearly to be honest. I haven't played it to test it out or anything but I have been watching several streams.

I haven't played it either. It being released at 1am put me off bothering, but i'll wait for PvE on Monday.

25 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I went onto the pts just to check out some of the new stuff.  The way the claims look to me is that they cost gold, the settlers put a % of their mats into the flag/bank and those mats are just for the private use of the landlord.  I don't think that's what pays the tax.  You can retrieve mats out of the flag/bank, but you can't put them in.  The only thing you can put in there are coins.

Also, just fyi..it looks like containers are NOT being created locked, and there's no pinwheel option to lock them.  Just a pin code thing.  I'm used to playing on pve.  Can someone say if it's always worked that way on pvp?

Interesting..... I jumped on awhile this morning just to look around a few islands.... saw one flag on top or a stone spire..... another inside a building.... I’m guessing that the settler does NOT have to go to the flag itself to pay rent....which would be pretty insulting in my opinion.... I’m guessing it is taken out of the “upkeep” structure you have to have to maintain your base....

Look, when I bought the boxed version of Atlas it came with an 72 page instruction book, a cloth map and a metal Ankh. Oh wait, that was Ultima 4. Never mind. I hope  this land thing get sorted out because I am a great tenant and I will sell myself to the best landlord.

Edited by Gomez Addams

36 minutes ago, Gomez Addams said:

Look, when I bought the boxed version of Atlas it came with an 72 page instruction book, a cloth map and a metal Anhk. Oh wait, that was Ultima 4. Never mind. I hope  this land thing get sorted out because I am a great tenant and I will sell myself to the best landlord.

LANDWHORE!!!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gomez Addams said:

Look, when I bought the boxed version of Atlas it came with an 72 page instruction book, a cloth map and a metal Anhk. Oh wait, that was Ultima 4. Never mind. I hope  this land thing get sorted out because I am a great tenant and I will sell myself to the best landlord.

Well atleast you know on which landlord’s land you shouldn’t step on.