Sign in to follow this  
uaf

PTR late night / early morning PST

Making a thread for those that don't watch discord. Since our community managers are the worse at spreading information via all their channels.

"PTR isn't up yet but we're working on getting it ready. It'll either be up late tonight (PST) or early-morning (like in the wee hours of the AM in PST). When we're confident we're a few hours out, we'll let ya know." - Jat

So in EU time, most likely in the morning of 5th.

Edited by uaf
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Then it's 1 week for the wipe isn't it? If all goes well. So probably the 12th Friday next week although I have feeling it will run into the week after.

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

Then it's 1 week for the wipe isn't it? If all goes well. So probably the 12th Friday next week although I have feeling it will run into the week after.

Hahahahahahaha.  You really think that.   When has this company EVER met a deadline.   It will be like 2 weeks minimum

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

Hahahahahahaha.  You really think that.   When has this company EVER met a deadline.   It will be like 2 weeks minimum

That's why I said if all goes well. :classic_wink: Yes more than likely it will be delayed, won't be shocked if it is to be honest, it's what has become expected. They might surprise us though, you never know.

• Like 1

I'll go watch some telly.. if it's on in the morning all's cool.. at least likely the freeports will be empty by then and I'll have the place to myself.. then I'll be able to sail my raft/ramshackle sloop to other people's islands and see what's going down..

• Haha 1

it'll be interesting to see all the island owners typing  [][][][][][][][] in chat when the NA players get up and log in tomorrow. 

if nothing else, Atlas is an interesting social experiment! :classic_ninja::classic_angry:😭

It'll either be up late tonight (PST) or early-morning (like in the wee hours of the AM in PST).

Its now Friday the 5th noon here - should be PST 03:30 ... wich is already a bit to late for "wee hours" right?

How unexpected that was ... lol ... even for software developing your delays are crazy - get you lifes toghether grapeshot

Isn't that - again - the fourth delay of the ptr start date? are you trying to set new records?

Edited by Ms.Sn4ppy
  • Haha 1

Hey look at it this way, if it gets pushed back again that will be the weekend when most people are able to play, instead of through the week when a lot of people have to work.

Edited by Daemon Cross
  • Like 2

"We're still going to be some hours out guys. The team expect to be generating a release candidate in around 1hr - 1.5hrs, that itself will take another few hours and then it'll need to be verified and released. At a minimum we're looking at 4-5ish hours, but possibly it could be more than that" - Jat

12 hours ago, Martyn said:

I'll go watch some telly.. if it's on in the morning all's cool.. at least likely the freeports will be empty by then and I'll have the place to myself.. then I'll be able to sail my raft/ramshackle sloop to other people's islands and see what's going down..

Don’t worry Marty, it ain’t on yet.

May i recommend binging the whole Season 6 and 7 of GoT as the preparation for new season that is coming soon. After that, you will still have some time to recover from binging, have some food and coffee, before the new Project status update (can’t remember how they call it , captain’s something, right before the PT server comes online).

• Haha 2

From Jat:

PTR is still going to be some hours out guys. The team expect to be generating a release candidate in ~1.5hrs, that itself will take another few hours and then it'll need to be verified and released. At a minimum we're looking at 4-5ish hours, but possibly more than that.

• Thanks 1

Well at least we now know, I think we all expected some delays I just hope it is sooner rather than later. We are all waiting to get back into the game, they should just announce it when it's ready to stop this hype.

54 minutes ago, gnihar said:

May i recommend binging the whole Season 6 and 7 of GoT as the preparation for new season that is coming soon. After that, you will still have some time to recover from binging, have some food and coffee, before the new Project status update (can’t remember how they call it , captain’s something, right before the PT server comes online).

Season 6 of GOT might be the best season of a plotted tv program I’ve ever seen. Just one epic episode after another, with the episode revealing the origin of Hodor’s name one of the most well crafted hours for the small screen ever. If I had paid full movie theater ticket price to see that one episode on a big screen, I wouldn’t have felt cheated at all. To be fair, as a reader of the books, that was the first season where everything was unknown because it was beyond A Dance with Dragons completely, so I didn’t know any of what was coming. That probably made it all the more enjoyable.

Come to think of it, you don’t suppose all of Wildshot’s delays are their own twisted homage to George RR Martin, do you?

*mutters under his breathe about Winds of Winter for the eleventy billionth time.*

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Season 6 of GOT might be the best season of a plotted tv program I’ve ever seen. Just one epic episode after another, with the episode revealing the origin of Hodor’s name one of the most well crafted hours for the small screen ever. If I had paid full movie theater ticket price to see that one episode on a big screen, I wouldn’t have felt cheated at all. To be fair, as a reader of the books, that was the first season where everything was unknown because it was beyond A Dance with Dragons completely, so I didn’t know any of what was coming. That probably made it all the more enjoyable.

Come to think of it, you don’t suppose all of Wildshot’s delays are their own twisted homage to George RR Martin, do you?

*mutters under his breathe about Winds of Winter for the eleventy billionth time.*

Ha, considering Martin’s delays, these feel like a child’s play.

Having re-watched that season recently, I have to say it was by far better than season 5, with Arya’s plot being the most boring part.

Also, being a fan of Jon= (Ashara)Dayne + (Ned)Stark and (yet TBA)= Lyanna+ Rheagar, I was kinda dissapointed how Martin caved in to HBO and fanbase there, and now we have what we have, even though the books allowed other variations as well.

But aye, the season is a piece of art.

2 hours ago, gnihar said:

I just can't get into Game of Thrones at all. After about the 3rd or 4th season I just found it boring. Although I watched it all hanging on like a flee on a dog.  The thought of watching seasons 6 & 7.. nah, I don't want to die yet.  Edit : I did find the Hodor storyline very sad/good.  But otherwise I think the show just helped me sleep more.

That said I did watch Ghostrider and V for Vendetta before going to sleep..

I think it is both sad and farsical, that a developer has to lead it's playerbase by only a few hours.. to try to keep them at bay.  2k for example bring out patches every 6 months.. which then utterly ruins a game and it still has 30-40k people logging in to play it.  Who will then wait another 6 months for a patch to fix the last one. 

Imagine Atlas players doing that?

Edited by Martyn

1 minute ago, Martyn said:

I just can't get into Game of Thrones at all. After about the 3rd or 4th season I just found it boring. Although I watched it all hanging on like a flee on a dog.  The thought of watching seasons 6 & 7.. nah, I don't want to die yet.

That said I did watch Ghostrider and V for Vendetta before going to sleep..

I’m not sure what bothers me more about this post, that you find GOT boring (seriously, what’s going on in your life that the events of GOT don’t hold your interest and can I be part of it?), or that you think it’s okay to casually throw V for Vendetta and Ghostrider together in the same sentence. One is a masterfully rendered dystopian epic that actually improves upon its source material as an adaptation. The other is one of the many forgettable Nic Cage movies that isn’t Raising Arizona.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I’m not sure what bothers me more about this post, that you find GOT boring (seriously, what’s going on in your life that the events of GOT don’t hold your interest and can I be part of it?), or that you think it’s okay to casually throw V for Vendetta and Ghostrider together in the same sentence. One is a masterfully rendered dystopian epic that actually improves upon its source material as an adaptation. The other is one of the many forgettable Nic Cage movies that isn’t Raising Arizona.

exactly.

More interesting that GoT = Going shopping with Wife, Visiting Gran-kids, Mowing the Lawn.. Weeding the driveway.

I'm even prepared to watch Nicolas Cage movies..

Edited by Martyn

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

He needs a goal - I will be taking him with me on PVP and while I am busy farming and making the 1001th puckle and greek swivel, he will be building a pve town, and I will even allow him to paint it whole.0