Sign in to follow this  
Salty Jack

PTS... who gets screwed ?....

The devs are taking down the EU PVE server to load of the new code for testing....

What code will be tested ?....  PVP or PVE....

I am afraid PVE might not get tested at all.....

44 minutes ago, Salty Jack said:

The devs are taking down the EU PVE server to load of the new code for testing....

What code will be tested ?....  PVP or PVE....

I am afraid PVE might not get tested at all.....

You are probably right. When you are dealing with incompetent devs you can’t really blame them since you hey are incompetent 

Of course only the Colonies setup will be tested, PVE and Empires is what we had. No test needed on that.

2 minutes ago, Talono said:

Of course only the Colonies setup will be tested, PVE and Empires is what we had. No test needed on that.

PTR was announced way before Colonies was even considered. Of course Empires and PvE will still be tested. The new claim system needs testing.

7 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

PTR was announced way before Colonies was even considered. Of course Empires and PvE will still be tested. The new claim system needs testing.

Yup i think they mentioned that the flag system had to be completely tweaked, fixed.

I don't post much as my post count will attest.... I have however been quite the lurker.... I had thought you way more cerebral than your reply on this thread Talono….

in case you have not heard PVE is changing just as much as PVP.... don't think they can test both on the same server.... I for one would like to test the changes to PVE....

or more to the point cause havoc and show that the colony system might work fine for PVP but not so much for PVE.... But alas, I don't think I or anyone else will get that chance.... 

2 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Damn, if they do that though it is going to be a long test phase

Pve will be tested as pvp is.  You can't really do pvp in a game like this, without doing the pve bit first.  Unless you just run/swim around punching each other.

PvE is simplier version of PvP - without raid windows and wars. By testing pvp settings they test also pve settings.

• Like 1

Just checked EU PvE and it is still up and running as normal at 11am on the 28th.  Character, tames, structures and ships all just as they were.  :classic_huh:

Edited by Coggage

Yes I tried it last night and was still working then. I feel the wipe might be pushed further back. Lets hope it's worth the wait with the new changes and content added.

European Player Versus Environment Network is down now.  For the Public Test Realm installation.

TL:DR Eu pve down 4 ptr.

Edited by Martyn

Not completely true Willard.... PVE will work or not based on how the system can be abused by using the differences between PVP and PVE...

for example, in PVE I believe that under this system as I understand it, one person can lock down as many islands as he wants just by pillaring inside of rocks where the pillar cannot be seen.... don't like the landlord.... make him spend ALL his time finding the pillars you have hidden that block the metal spawn.... sure they will decay eventually, but not as quick as I can spam new ones.... on PVP I could be killed on sight preventing this for the most part....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Salty Jack said:

Not completely true Willard.... PVE will work or not based on how the system can be abused by using the differences between PVP and PVE...

for example, in PVE I believe that under this system as I understand it, one person can lock down as many islands as he wants just by pillaring inside of rocks where the pillar cannot be seen.... don't like the landlord.... make him spend ALL his time finding the pillars you have hidden that block the metal spawn.... sure they will decay eventually, but not as quick as I can spam new ones.... on PVP I could be killed on sight preventing this for the most part....

Thats why owner of the Settlement can destroy all structures placed on his Island during last 12 hours (on pve it could be longer) with 1 click without need to look for them AND there will be an announcement for owner that someone builds on his Settlement.

Btw those are not things which should be tested on ptr. People really won't play PTR to grief someone 😉 PTR is meant to test if system works like it should, not to find ways how to abuse it and grief someone. 

Edited by Willard

14 minutes ago, Willard said:

People really won't play PTR to grief someone 😉 PTR is meant to test if system works like it should, not to find ways how to abuse it and grief someone. 

I see what you did there! 😄

Edited by Coggage

34 minutes ago, Willard said:

Thats why owner of the Settlement can destroy all structures placed on his Island during last 12 hours (on pve it could be longer) with 1 click without need to look for them AND there will be an announcement for owner that someone builds on his Settlement.

Btw those are not things which should be tested on ptr. People really won't play PTR to grief someone 😉 PTR is meant to test if system works like it should, not to find ways how to abuse it and grief someone. 

Where did the one-click thing come from?  Was it in the patch notes or something?

I thought they'd have to target the thing they want to destroy and pinwheel it.

10 People, 10 interpretations of news/patch notes/infos

Nobody actually bothers to read though.. 

It's simple as "In relation to our Public Testing Realm overall, we’re planning to get multiple smaller clusters online which will incorporate the three game modes as well as everything else listed in the patch notes. Players can expect higher rates to facilitate fast progression and testing of the new systems along with the fact these servers are likely to wipe as needed." - quote from captain's log.

They won't be "testing only one version"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Willard said:

Finding ways to abuse the system and grief other player's IS testing the system. And it is exactly what people should try on the PTR. Especially if you don't want to see these possibilities in the later version of the game.

Find flaws, report them and hope that they change it. I don't understand why we shouldn't test the game on the PTR for exploits. It doesn't make sense to me.

52 minutes ago, Kappinski said:

Finding ways to abuse the system and grief other player's IS testing the system. And it is exactly what people should try on the PTR. Especially if you don't want to see these possibilities in the later version of the game.

Find flaws, report them and hope that they change it. I don't understand why we shouldn't test the game on the PTR for exploits. It doesn't make sense to me.

Ye it´s exactly what should be tested in early access phase on live servers, not on this particular PTR. This PTR is needed just for test of functionality, not for testing if people like that system or not or how to abuse it. To be honest a lot of people won´t even play PTR and those who do want to do that just because they want to know exactly how new system works, not because they want to find a ways how to abuse it.

Edited by Willard

1 hour ago, Kappinski said:

I don't understand why we shouldn't test the game on the PTR for exploits. It doesn't make sense to me.

I can give you an easy answer for that... I play for FUN, and if they want me to WORK for them, then they have to PAY me...

If you wanna use your time looking for exploits for free its up to you, just dont take it as if we have to doit also

13 minutes ago, trev2000 said:

I can give you an easy answer for that... I play for FUN, and if they want me to WORK for them, then they have to PAY me...

If you wanna use your time looking for exploits for free its up to you, just dont take it as if we have to doit also

There we go someone who shares my views on Alpha testing, when they dont fix the exploits from the start, ark was the same deal. Pay me too.

BTW i was original tester for Dayz too, that game went out the door. I tested it for hundreds of hours posting videos, bugs etc.. then they didn't talk to us testers right, and scrapped the whole game without warning. Then expected us to test even further. What a poor development team. I threw up my arms and said screw this i want to be paid now.

Edited by Sneakydude
  • Thanks 1

If the ptr is only up for a week, with smaller maps and limited testers, it's going to be a function test - find the parts of the code that are broken and need fixes.  It's not going to shake out many issues with the design changes, if any.  The population vs. land mass won't mirror the live servers, and there won't be enough time to see what happens with the new claim system.  Are there people complaining they can't find a place to build?  Well, that's because the map is small, or that's because a week isn't enough time to find a place.  Were the landlords able to keep up with destroying pillars?  Great..that worked.  (For a week, because they made sure to stay in the game and find them all for 7 days)  Is lawless still a mess?  Not enough time to tell.  It'll be at least 2-3 months before any problems with the new design get big enough to cause a fuss.

1 hour ago, Winter Thorne said:

If the ptr is only up for a week, with smaller maps and limited testers, it's going to be a function test - find the parts of the code that are broken and need fixes.  It's not going to shake out many issues with the design changes, if any.  The population vs. land mass won't mirror the live servers, and there won't be enough time to see what happens with the new claim system.  Are there people complaining they can't find a place to build?  Well, that's because the map is small, or that's because a week isn't enough time to find a place.  Were the landlords able to keep up with destroying pillars?  Great..that worked.  (For a week, because they made sure to stay in the game and find them all for 7 days)  Is lawless still a mess?  Not enough time to tell.  It'll be at least 2-3 months before any problems with the new design get big enough to cause a fuss.

Ye i think it´s what devs want. Just function test. 

Much deeper feedback will come after several weeks of playing on live servers and ofc it can be impulse for another changes. Its early access after all. They will shape it to what most people want before they release the game. We are at the beginning of this process.

Edited by Willard