Sign in to follow this  
Goha

Max levels

Would you, please, advise me:

1 what is player max level (normal levels, without special levels at the end). Is that 50 or 100?

2 what is boat max level? I thought it is 30, but my scooner is already 32, so what is max elvel for boats?

I don't know but I'm stuck at 52 and says I can't go any higher.  It does also say to gain more XP I need to make more discoveries but I've not got a higher.

7 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

I don't know but I'm stuck at 52 and says I can't go any higher.  It does also say to gain more XP I need to make more discoveries but I've not got a higher.

If I'm not mistaken, I heard you need to get quite a few then it flies up and you get XP now only from the golden age areas. I'm 52 as well.

2 minutes ago, gadefence said:

and you get XP now only from the golden age areas

Does that mean we can expinf by killing mobs in those areas? And what whould be max level then?

Or it is all about "discoveries" and the fun is over?

Max level is 51, You can get another 50 levels by discoveries. Every 24 of those get's you 1 more player level.

Ships max level is 41.

• Like 4

1. The maximum level available without discoverys is 52, with discovery being 100 or 101. To find discovery effectively, take a telescope with you and look for a blue dome in it - you go there.

2. Maximum level of ship-41.

• Like 1

As far as I know, but I am not sure as I am still lvl 40, every 23/24 discovery points will give you an extra level. You will need to gain XP for that level to complete your level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goha said:

Does that mean we can expinf by killing mobs in those areas? And what whould be max level then?

Or it is all about "discoveries" and the fun is over?

Kill whales. Obtain power stones. There's many different ways.

Just now, KNZVgame said:

1. The maximum level available without discoverys is 52, with discovery being 100 or 101. To find discovery effectively, take a telescope with you and look for a blue dome in it - you go there.

2. Maximum level of ship-41.

I've been trying this spyglass stuff but cannot see a blue dome/shield/field even when I know where the discovery is. Is it faint? Maybe more noticeable at night with gamma 3?

1 minute ago, Fefu said:

Я пробовал этот материал подзорной трубы, но не могу видеть синий купол / щит / поле, даже когда я знаю, где находится находка. Это слабое? Может быть, более заметно ночью с гаммой 3?

We can see only the points not received. The dome is not bright, but quite noticeable.

I meant I can't see the ones I have not received. I know they are there because I then walk up to them and get the discovery. Maybe I have some weird colour settings on my screen.

You go to places you have never been to and make landfall, this will get you one discovery point, on some islands 2 because they have a "special" zone of some sort such as an overlook on a mountain etc.

You can do other things things like,
Get a Powerstone (50pts x 9 available)
Kill a whale (50 pts for the first kill of each type, 2 types available)
Kill the kraken (50 points for first kill)

These points are discovery points and effectively raise your maximum allowed level, you then have to get the exp as normal to gain levels.
You don't have to gain the exp anywhere in particular it's just slower because you are higher level.

To reiterate what was said; discovery points raise your eligible level to Max of 101 if you get all of them.

Ship level cap is 41, unfortunately.

Pretty sure the max level is now 151 since they added 50 when it was already 101.  Plus, the number of discoveries needed per level would hit 151.

• Thanks 1

I start hunting whales. First one gave me discovery points. Second one - not. Why? 

Edited by Goha

You have to kill different whales to get 50 points for each kill. Not the same whale type.

To spot 2 different whales check for aggressiveness, for example, there is the passive whale that you see in the distance that won't chase you unless you shoot at it, and there is the aggressive whales that you will see their HP bar coming towards you from a large distance.

The passive whales deal a small amount of damage to your boat is they catch you, the aggressive whales will do ~2k damage / hit if they catch you, so make sure they don't catch you 😛 (they are pretty slow, so all you have to do is match your speed with theirs)

• Like 1

Every island has points to be gained if you haven't been there and most have points of interest on official. A whale kill gives you some points as does doing the powerstones. I was close to 52 the base max with a bit of discovery points on official when I had finally switched to unofficial. I had explored a good bit of islands but had really only scratched the surface. Had planned to start exploring but the daily offline raiding got old and I was literally spending every day rebuilding just to lose it again.

The cluster I am on has a few named islands per grid and they give 1k discovery each... max level no problem. They also bumped skill points so you can actually get through all the trees by the time you max.

Mind you I have been playing unofficial for a bit over 2 weeks now. I have done a LOT of maps. Alphas give almost no xp  for me now. And maps give me a small % of a level each now. I am level 78 and the exp rate is 5x on the server. On official to get anywhere close to max level will takes many months and hundreds... and hundreds of maps. Map exp doesn't seem to be greatly affected by quality except the masterwork gave a bit of a boost. The Fine and Journeymen give about the same amount. Common have not really been worth the effort on the few we tried and I would recommend throwing them on the ground if they are low gold and not close.

On 2/4/2019 at 7:03 PM, Naviss said:

Max level is 51, You can get another 50 levels by discoveries. Every 24 of those get's you 1 more player level.

Ships max level is 41.

When you get to higher max lvls it increases currently I get a max lvl every 25 discovery points.  Believed that kicked in after max 80.... current max is 85 on official servers