Sign in to follow this  
pygmy

OK ive done, i will come back when alphas, predators and wolves are nerfed and balanced.

they are everywhere, every 5 minutes not once and not alone. They dont give a shit about eachother even diffrent races is fine but when im there you know its on, bye.

Edited by pygmy
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pygmy said:

they are everywhere, every 5 minutes not once and not alone. They dont give a shit about eachother even diffrent races is fine but when im there you know its on, bye.

Prepare for "can i has yer stuff?!". But yeah, already lost a neighbour few days ago who couldn't stand anymore the amount of everything everywhere, sad.

• Sad 2

Yeah we've investigated spawns with my company, and it seems that it is tied to player activity so the more you move around the closer to hell it becomes, and that unless you kill them they will respawn as soon as they are moved out of their spawn area. It's crazy. You can most likely crash a server spawning an infinite amount of NPCs if you're somewhat dedicated.

• Like 4

What we did is all the companies in my area built a death trap. Anything that's annoying and all over the place we strip naked and go on a suicide mission to lure it to the trap. This also stops the spawns because the game registers the animals as moving and active. It helps quell the crazy dangers around us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pygmy said:

The way your title gives info, it tells the devs that you will be back which means they don’t have to rush to fix it since you will be back later.

now they can take their time knowing they haven’t actually lost a consumer. You just extended your break 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

The way your title gives info, it tells the devs that you will be back which means they don’t have to rush to fix it since you will be back later.

now they can take their time knowing they haven’t actually lost a consumer. You just extended your break 

Implying they actually care about one customer when thousands of others are still playing.
Regardless of a reason to leave, 90% of those who left will be back, it's ignorant to think otherwise.

They just like taking their time, it's no blame on those who title their topics such a way.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Realist said:

Why wouldn't I, there's so much potential with this game. I really like it, i just need some time off since this thing nag me to the point i can't take it no more. I know for sure this thing will get fixed in the future

• Like 1

Enjoy your break, as long as the devs keep steaming ahead like they have I am sure they will sort it out. My island has alphas I usually see about 4-5 when I login and I go around and kill them all for xp can usually get almost a level off 2 or 3 at this point depending what it is. Haven't had any major issues with them being overwhelming.

However... when I went to tame Rhinos on a different island in a different sector the predators and alphas were hell... especially the vultures. Made taming an absolute pain. We saw so many what seemed like abandoned buildings on the island and saw no one for the 4 hours we were there until we finally got the hell out of there and ran into someone on the beach as we were about to set sail. Maybe try relocating?

I'm sure alphas and other animals will get balanced in due course, it's still really early days. With the team focused a lot on server performance and connection issues I would think they'll get around to balancing and spawn issues once those other issues have been improved.

Just keep an eye on Atlas news, particularly the Patch Notes to get some indication when they do work on alpha spawns etc to judge when you might return. I have confidence that the alpha issue won't remain as it is forever. :sword:

I’m not sure if it is activity based though. We have some very active people on farm islands that don’t have buildings on them and the only thing they have encountered in the last 3 days of farming is a alpha cow. It’s some weird stuff. 

I understand you completely and I really hope they nerf all predators soon! It is very tough to play when they're always after you. Not a moment's peace when they're even chewing outside on the walls of the house...  I even tried to spec the "stealth" talent to make the predators notice me less, but didn't see much difference... Let's hope the devs make this a priority, so we can enjoy the game better..  

54 minutes ago, NoobieDooz said:

I understand you completely and I really hope they nerf all predators soon! It is very tough to play when they're always after you. Not a moment's peace when they're even chewing outside on the walls of the house...  I even tried to spec the "stealth" talent to make the predators notice me less, but didn't see much difference... Let's hope the devs make this a priority, so we can enjoy the game better..  

I’ve also taken the stealth talent and maxed it out. Predators seem to notice me at about the same distance as my partner, who has not taken it. This skill might need some fixing.

3 hours ago, pygmy said:

Why wouldn't I, there's so much potential with this game. I really like it, i just need some time off since this thing nag me to the point i can't take it no more. I know for sure this thing will get fixed in the future

Good approach.

• Like 1

I lost a bear to Alpha Wolves again today. I have already lost so many animals here as in 4000 hours Ark does not. That's really annoying! 

They are not rare. There is one behind each stone ... I already disposed of 4 yesterday and after a short while the next one was there. In Ark they were rare and you could avoid them ...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Asanna said:

Implying they actually care about one customer when thousands of others are still playing.
Regardless of a reason to leave, 90% of those who left will be back, it's ignorant to think otherwise.

They just like taking their time, it's no blame on those who title their topics such a way.

It’s not ignorant to use the word 90% when you aren’t even using a statistic? Oh well

there is always a difference between saying I will come back and I won’t come back. Sayin go will come back will end up holding no weight at all.

saying you won’t cone back(rather they do or not is irrelevant) will still hold more weight. I never said they did care about one person. I was talking about the way people word things.

you are using the word ignorant and a made up not statistical 90% in the same sentence. Smh

4 hours ago, pygmy said:

Well I applaud your optimism. Time will tell. Let’s see if it happens

1 hour ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

I lost a bear to Alpha Wolves again today. I have already lost so many animals here as in 4000 hours Ark does not. That's really annoying! 

They are not rare. There is one behind each stone ... I already disposed of 4 yesterday and after a short while the next one was there. In Ark they were rare and you could avoid them ...

But do you kill them? Many people are talking about an overfload of alpha’s but when you ask if they wiped them they won’t answer. It can differ a lot. Some people only bait them away and are later amazed to be killed by one. 

I did build an outpost on one hell of a hostile island with Croc spawns, giant snake spawns and atleast 10 vultures per square meter, but after I build my outpost, the spawns seem to have lowered the amount of predator spawns in a circle of aproximately 50 meters.  At first I thought it will be impossible to live there. Asap when I set foot on the shore I had 5 (FIVE) snakes on my tail lol. With time and some fire arrows I cleaned the area and the spawns decreased somewhat significantly. Game is already super easy as it is on PVE and nerfing the predators even more will make it a complete snorefest

Edited by Loni
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

I’ve also taken the stealth talent and maxed it out. Predators seem to notice me at about the same distance as my partner, who has not taken it. This skill might need some fixing.

Good approach.

I think the stealth talent right now only makes it easier to feed animals when taming (so they dont bite you as soon as you approach the head from behind.

1 hour ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

It depends on where you are and if you build up there.  We see a alpha or two a day, its good xp and easily dispatched by running to top of tower and just raining down arrows or setting them on fire.

3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

But do you kill them? Many people are talking about an overfload of alpha’s but when you ask if they wiped them they won’t answer. It can differ a lot. Some people only bait them away and are later amazed to be killed by one. 

I can confirm that I kill alphas and in my experience they are far more common than in my 4k hours in Ark. In ark they are something you occasionally encounter and need to either kill or avoid. In Atlas it is difficult to engage in normal land based gameplay without being forced to deal with them regularly, because they aggro from very far away, are very aggressive, and are difficult to kill. Also the sneak ability in beastmastery does not seem to be having any noticeable affect on their aggro radius.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

I think the stealth talent right now only makes it easier to feed animals when taming (so they dont bite you as soon as you approach the head from behind.

Well I did just tame a bear, but I have no prior bola taming to compare it to, because that was my first. I can say that I was able to feed it from the front without being attacked at all, so maybe that's what it's doing. But that's certainly not what the skill description communicates.

Edited by boomervoncannon

5 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I can confirm that I kill alphas and in my experience they are far more common than in my 4k hours in Ark. In ark they are something you occasionally encounter and need to either kill or avoid. In Atlas it is difficult to engage in normal land based gameplay without being forced to deal with them regularly, because they aggro from very far away, are very aggressive, and are difficult to kill. Also the sneak ability in beastmastery does not seem to be having any noticeable affect on their aggro radius.

I think the amount is intended, tweaking the aggro range and such is something needed. And the respawn rate ofcourse. 

1 hour ago, Realist said:

It’s not ignorant to use the word 90% when you aren’t even using a statistic? Oh well

there is always a difference between saying I will come back and I won’t come back. Sayin go will come back will end up holding no weight at all.

saying you won’t cone back(rather they do or not is irrelevant) will still hold more weight. I never said they did care about one person. I was talking about the way people word things.

you are using the word ignorant and a made up not statistical 90% in the same sentence. Smh

Well I applaud your optimism. Time will tell. Let’s see if it happens

I've noticed your nickname. You are a true realist, you should dream more and I less.

1 minute ago, pygmy said:

I've noticed your nickname. You are a true realist, you should dream more and I less.

Be advised that Realist does not own Atlas, and his stated purpose for being on this board is only to criticize Atlas's devs in an effort to warn people about them. In doing so he does not appear to think people can make their own decisions and come to their own conclusions regarding the game and it's developers, but rather need his assistance and advice regarding a game he doesn't own. He's also been caught red handed in the past couple of days lying and denying his own statements. Feel free to check his post history to verify this.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Be advised that Realist does not own Atlas, and his stated purpose for being on this board is only to criticize Atlas's devs in an effort to warn people about them. In doing so he does not appear to think people can make their own decisions and come to their own conclusions regarding the game and it's developers, but rather need his assistance and advice regarding a game he doesn't own. He's also been caught red handed in the past couple of days lying and denying his own statements. Feel free to check his post history to verify this.

No need to check his history for that, you can look at his latest post for an example. 

Edited by Percieval

2 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I don't have time to check it up, but if that would be the case i say. WTF some fucked up shit.