Proxas

Patch 10 Just killed Trading Companies.

The fact you can now tame anything with berries and non-specialized things just killed all the cool Trading Co Companies.

Way to think that one through, some streamer probably complained..................

• Like 4

Patch 10 (and the ones before it) are all easy mode changes.  We are moving away from a game that requires though and time to accomplish things into instant gratification pew pew pew and let every do everything solo.  Kinda sad.

• Like 3

Not necessarily. They say its possible, but it will hardly be optimal. Its poor mans option, will surely take longer and with mess up efficiency

Think of preferred veggies as kibble. When was the last time you tamed something with raw meat instead of kibble.

Traders wont be able to charge 500 metal per wheat seed like I saw last night ... but thats a good thing

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Inferior foods take longer, some probably a lot longer.  People will still want the fastest tame and will be willing to pay for it. I have things I'd like to "buy" from people.  Things I can't make, for example such as Weapons and Armour, and more everyday stuff like Gems, Seeds, Salt, Blueprints, other types of Metals and Stone, etc. for blueprints.  There's a market for all kind of things.

The sky isn't falling yet, yet people insta-complain about it. 

Edited by Coggage
  • Like 3

The sky is falling tho, with so many skill points and levels from patch 10, there won't be fighters, pirates, sailers, crafters, tamers, everyone just gonna be a one-man army with all skills unlocked.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Trading will never happen in this game, not possible. Only high end stuff that nobody will care about eventually. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Trading will never happen in this game, not possible. Only high end stuff that nobody will care about eventually. 

I guess that depends on your definition of trading. We have people come through our sector quite often offering goods for other goods.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, moriak said:

I guess that depends on your definition of trading. We have people come through our sector quite often offering goods for other goods.

On official pvp? Eventually it will even fade away on PvE. It's a shame because it could've been something very cool, but you never know what will happen in the next 2 years of development. 

3 minutes ago, moriak said:

That is with lvl cap right now, with 100 lvls and even more points per lvl imagine that everyone can unlock everything, it reduces the amount of possible trade goods significantly like no transporting cannons, ship mart, guns etc, just some very few materials.

Надеюсь когда-нибудь разработчик введет на freeport аукцион для торговли.

Edited by kolya24

4 hours ago, Proxas said:

The fact you can now tame anything with berries and non-specialized things just killed all the cool Trading Co Companies.

Way to think that one through, some streamer probably complained..................

This is ark. It isn’t a trading game. People might want this to be something else but this is ark.

build a base on land and then only sail when you want to go raid someone’s base that is on land. That is literally all the game is.

once they are dumb enough to add fliers into the game they won’t even care about boats anymore.

scratch that. Actually they will still be driving rafts so the fliers will have something to land on.

air supremacy will make its return. 100% guaranteed 

3 hours ago, Coggage said:

Inferior foods take longer, some probably a lot longer.  People will still want the fastest tame and will be willing to pay for it. I have things I'd like to "buy" from people.  Things I can't make, for example such as Weapons and Armour, and more everyday stuff like Gems, Seeds, Salt, Blueprints, other types of Metals and Stone, etc. for blueprints.  There's a market for all kind of things.

The sky isn't falling yet, yet people insta-complain about it. 

Not really 

• Haha 1

Wildcard did always submit to :

a) whiners

b) large mega companies

c) streamers

Completely umimportant  for them is skill, planning and preparation.

• Like 5

I like these last and upcoming patches shows they are listening and not catering to the few.
Now if they can fix the too OP predators that there is way to many off this game will actually be fun!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Berrie/low ql tames are insane trash in Ark, and will be in Atlas, only "Prime Food" will give max Output and by that most value.

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Not really 

Pfffft, according to Proxas Trading Companies are doomed because he considers the trade in foods to be over.  😄

" The fact you can now tame anything with berries and non-specialized things just killed all the cool Trading Co Companies."

"How's 1000 diamond/500 tin/+Seeds for the 1k Honey?
We can throw in pepper seeds.
some wheat/beat/corn seeds too.

[11:11 AM]
Other Trader:
    Honey is nerfed after tomorrow, as we have access to bulk berries in the region. Just won't be worth it."

Too all those saying we're crying.

18 hours ago, Rage Ironfist said:

Think of preferred veggies as kibble. When was the last time you tamed something with raw meat instead of kibble.

Uhm, all the fucking time

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Percieval said:

We have people trading at our freeport a lot of the time. And currently it is with low end stuff. Some groups were coming with salt and people were going nuts for it, the funny part is the islands with it are closeby XD

17 hours ago, Nightstrasza said:

That is with lvl cap right now, with 100 lvls and even more points per lvl imagine that everyone can unlock everything, it reduces the amount of possible trade goods significantly like no transporting cannons, ship mart, guns etc, just some very few materials.

You are forgetting if they add more stuff to learn it will stretch it out. The games only been out for 3 weeks. Tarot is unavailable and no doubt other boats etc will become available and many other things

I just don't want the damn game to revolve and be balanced around tames again like in Ark.  The screws players that don't have X animal yet devs need a reason for said animal to be desired conundrum.  Hopefully making it easy to get the low level taming resources means tames are meant to be a little extra utility and living stuff and not requirements to play. 

We have a flock of sheep or X animal making cooking certain vitamin or basic crafting recipes easier.  Our wolf or lion makes dealing with pve predator spawns easier.  Side content if you will.

Edited by Kyorin

7 minutes ago, Kyorin said:

I just don't want the damn game to revolve and be balanced around tames again like in Ark.  The screws players that don't have X animal yet devs need a reason for said animal to be desired conundrum.  Hopefully making it easy to get the low level taming resources means tames are meant to be a little extra utility and living stuff and not requirements to play. 

We have a flock of sheep or X animal making cooking certain vitamin or basic crafting recipes easier.  Our wolf or lion makes dealing with pve predator spawns easier.  Side content if you will.

The main thing about this game is tames and land bases. This is ark

2 hours ago, Allaboutvalentina said:

Uhm, all the fucking time

boosted rates? Boosted rates made kibble unnecessary. If you did raw meat tames at 1x taming rates, then you were doing it very inefficently. If you did it on boosted taming rates greater than say even 3x, then taming raw meat made perfect sense and kibble is almost pointless. I've done it both ways.

16 minutes ago, Realist said:

The main thing about this game is tames and land bases. This is ark

Well there's a massive incoming taming nerf.  And it's marketed as a pirate experience where you can do many things on the steam page.

So hopefully the devs vision is different, and going by the patch notes they seem to be trying to move away from their Ark core slowly.  Hopefully they can pull it off.

Edit - I just don't want to see hordes of bear, wolf, or lion riders becoming the meta instead of a Calvary unit.  Players spec'd deep into melee or ranged should be just as viable.

Edited by Kyorin

1 hour ago, Kyorin said:

Well there's a massive incoming taming nerf.  And it's marketed as a pirate experience where you can do many things on the steam page.

So hopefully the devs vision is different, and going by the patch notes they seem to be trying to move away from their Ark core slowly.  Hopefully they can pull it off.

Edit - I just don't want to see hordes of bear, wolf, or lion riders becoming the meta instead of a Calvary unit.  Players spec'd deep into melee or ranged should be just as viable.

I wasn’t necessarily arguing with you. I just know what it is going to become. It will be ark.

and you are right though it is marked as a pirate game, but it is also marked as a survival game and they already nerfed  vitamins, ship of the damned, food, and others making it recruit difficulty so the survival is already gone anyways.

started off as a pirate survival mmo

now pirate mmo

pretty soon it will just be an mmo 

just the way things are going. Not even anything to argue about since it is already happening. It’s ark 

• Like 1