[616]RexFortis

Any News Yet On Resetting Servers Back to Zero?

Considering 90% of us got stiffed while 10% made out like a bandit and gobbled up almost all the claimable land, I was wondering if there's been any news yet on resetting the servers back to zero.  It's morally unethical not to and something that will go down in gaming history as a major tragedy never to be forgotten.

Essentially 90% of us funded the game so that the 10% can enjoy it, and that's an utter disgrace.

Edited by [616]RexFortis
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Or better yet.. join a group or form a stronger group and take some land... there is TONS of it out there with flags on it and it 1-5 people owning massive swaths of land.  They cant protect all of that, and odds are they have quit.

• Like 2

Too many playing they will never wipe. There will be a new set of servers and they will let this one slowly decay.

3 hours ago, Hodo said:

Or better yet.. join a group or form a stronger group and take some land... there is TONS of it out there with flags on it and it 1-5 people owning massive swaths of land.  They cant protect all of that, and odds are they have quit.

You're a liar.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Too many playing they will never wipe. There will be a new set of servers and they will let this one slowly decay.

^ this is 100% correct. Yes there are people who cant get on, however, there are ones who have also put 100s of hours in and its just as unfair on them to have it wiped. 

7 hours ago, [616]RexFortis said:

Considering 90% of us got stiffed while 10% made out like a bandit and gobbled up almost all the claimable land, I was wondering if there's been any news yet on resetting the servers back to zero.  It's morally unethical not to and something that will go down in gaming history as a major tragedy never to be forgotten.

Essentially 90% of us funded the game so that the 10% can enjoy it, and that's an utter disgrace.

It's likely more than 10% made out like bandits, because it's likely more than 10% of players are in large companies.  

It's mostly the solo and smaller company players that are getting crushed and wiped out repeatedly, and throwing in the towel.  (Disclaimer: there are also a lot of players who are having legitimate connection issues and stuff, and they have every right to be frustrated and walk away from the game, and this doesn't apply to them.)  The forum has plenty of posts from people who felt the need to let other players know they were leaving because they were throwing a tantrum and kicking and screaming and screaming "this is not how I want to play!  Make the game how I want to play!"  And most of them are so convinced that working with others is a form of torture or punishment and they just can't imagine not being the most important person in the world.

And if 90% of people refunded, and there are still like 50k players, then they must have sold a lot of copies.  And how many of those supposed 90% either A: didn't refund (but only kicked up a fuss for attention) or B: got a refund and are already eager to hop right back in ASAP (or will by the time full release approaches).  And why wipe servers and punish those players that are enjoying themselves and playing, to appease a group of players who already made it clear that they are not the intended target audience?

• Like 1

I would prefer a new server with claim changes, or it will hapen the same thing its happen on the servers rigth now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, [616]RexFortis said:

You're a liar.

And you are triggered. 

Unless you go out and look you wont know.  

I have left a zone that had at max 20 people on it during its peak times and there were 4 islands.  I can account for 8 of those in my group.   

• Like 1

Even if they added another server, the 90% of players 'without land', will create their own land grab, 10% of those will take all the land, and then leave 80% of the player base without land...  They may need to bring online another 3 or 4 servers  😛

15 hours ago, [616]RexFortis said:

They wont wipe it for that reason alone, they might have to wipe the servers though if its to impliment a major fix. Which would be a win win. Also what Hodo says about islands is actually true to some degree, i visited an island which was owned by a group of players, and when i say group i mean two. The fear factor is that you cant tell how many actually own the land without investigating.... or just going balls to the wall and claiming the territory.

Give it until the end of january, that us when the real land grab will start because by then large groups will be established, and the smaller grouos will fall away under their might. A few small groups might be able to ohtplay larger ones but it can only work for so long sadly.

15 hours ago, [616]RexFortis said:

Sounds like real life lol

8 minutes ago, bluelance said:

They wont wipe it for that reason alone, they might have to wipe the servers though if its to impliment a major fix. Which would be a win win. Also what Hodo says about islands is actually true to some degree, i visited an island which was owned by a group of players, and when i say group i mean two. The fear factor is that you cant tell how many actually own the land without investigating.... or just going balls to the wall and claiming the territory.

Give it until the end of january, that us when the real land grab will start because by then large groups will be established, and the smaller grouos will fall away under their might. A few small groups might be able to ohtplay larger ones but it can only work for so long sadly.

Well, there's always polar biome, but it lacks vitamin A and C and is rather harsh both in low amounts of resources and strong creatures...

This is EA, a wipe will probably come at some point, but its not a "tragedy", moral or otherwise.

It happened, its testing, get over it (and no, i have 0 land on pvp kraken)

4 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Well, there's always polar biome, but it lacks vitamin A and C and is rather harsh both in low amounts of resources and strong creatures...

Shovels can help with the A, pretty sure you can dig up potatoes almost anywhere. Havnt tried it that far north yet, bt yeah even the beggining areas of tundra are hectic

3 minutes ago, bluelance said:

Shovels can help with the A, pretty sure you can dig up potatoes almost anywhere. Havnt tried it that far north yet, bt yeah even the beggining areas of tundra are hectic

Well, can't realy, tried to dig for potatos in tundra, getting roots, rocks, flint, tons of water, rarely gold coins but never got potatos.

Tired of people crying about not getting land. I didn't get it either but I did join a small company of 5 that had land. If they reset back to zero we'll have the same problem. 

If you get land and others don't, should they reset it again? I think not.

ok. all who didnt got island, make new thread, get together, and claim and fight for land. and dont cry if you get attacked. What if you get a small place, and someone comes, and will take it? you cry because ppl can capture?

Get gud, get some friends and wipe things u want yourself... its the whole point of the game why should WC do the job for us?

And yeah that sentence sounds sooooo wrong xD

Edited by Dayum

So the main problem here isn't that all the land is taken, it's that people want to play on the BEST Isles, where they have everything and don't need to struggle.

Me and my friend as a small 2 man group started out on the pvp server, but later switched to the PVE because it fit our desires ingame better, so we were already a week and a half behind the rest, but we had no issues getting land. It's the fact that people want the "nice" islands that makes it crowded, go off the beaten path, live in the north or the south tundra.

Going away from the spawning regions north or south means there are a ton of isles that people claimed then just didn't log in.

We claimed a sandbank, no bigger than 8x8 and build a house there and shipped back and forth from the main isle on our raft to build our house, it's a rough living, you die at night if you dont have armour or a fire and even then, we put all our leveling points into fortitude to be able to live here without much problems. We have now claimed enough land to build houses and what not on the shore because people quit or just forget their zones exist.

So no, there shouldn't be a wipe because people want to be able to take land on a good isle, go out of the beaten path, check if the flags are actually connected to a bigger base with active people, if not just claim it, there is no reason to reset something because people don't want to struggle a bit.

If you actually go out of your way with a small group, yes it will be a bit of a struggle, but at the end of the day, you can carve your place in the land without needing to request a wipe.

LMAO at people who say "people put too much 'work' in already" Or "people have too many hours for a wipe". Its Early Access the first excuse people come up with to defend this buggy mess. There should have been a wipe on the third day maybe even the second. But just because they havent yet doesnt mean they shouldnt. They gave everyone 2.5 so they could rush through some stuff. Now just reset everything. There should be resets all the time as they test and rework things.

Then you would see whats up and who is going to come back and grind again. Thats all these games offer anyway...the grind. One of the reasons why they dont last long. ARK did so well because they reset servers all the time or guys just moved from server to server when they got bored. Once everyone has built everything and wiped everyone they will also get bored and leave. Might free up some land then. But that really isnt the reason to have a wipe anyway.

There also arent enough people playing for them to put the resources into more servers. Population has already started to dissipate already. They didnt break 50K players last night, didnt even get to 48K actually. Thats more than 10K off the all time high.