Sign in to follow this  
Seren Du

Just when you thought it was safe on land

So im on a small island with other players.

Its not going too bad other than scared to sail ships.

Animal spawn rates on initial login are fairly high but were livable.

NOT anymore!!!!

Since the latest update a level 5 wolf can kill you in 3-4 hits on a level 30 char!!

my good if you get more than you its insta death...why???? Why did you mess with Animal damage!! It was close to perfect and livable.

Add this to ghost tships and you may as well just sit on your raft just off the coast and pray for something to save you. Add this to the fact im having to make a base on lawless land and make sure i log in regularly as most of the land is gone and i cant fucking sail anywhere as the stupid ass ghost ships get you every time. 

Please listen to the community

1)GHOST SHIP SPAWN LEVELS DONT COUNT WHEN THE SPAWN NEXT TO YOU WHEN TRANSITIONING TO A NEW SECTOR.

2)STOP TRYING TO MAKE IT Unlivable!!! 

3)DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE SPAM LAND CLAIMS!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

I've yet to experience this. I typically wear no armor and just have basic spears and kill them easily. Sometimes two at once.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Seren Du said:

So im on a small island with other players.

Its not going too bad other than scared to sail ships.

Animal spawn rates on initial login are fairly high but were livable.

NOT anymore!!!!

Since the latest update a level 5 wolf can kill you in 3-4 hits on a level 30 char!!

my good if you get more than you its insta death...why???? Why did you mess with Animal damage!! It was close to perfect and livable.

Add this to ghost tships and you may as well just sit on your raft just off the coast and pray for something to save you. Add this to the fact im having to make a base on lawless land and make sure i log in regularly as most of the land is gone and i cant fucking sail anywhere as the stupid ass ghost ships get you every time. 

Please listen to the community

1)GHOST SHIP SPAWN LEVELS DONT COUNT WHEN THE SPAWN NEXT TO YOU WHEN TRANSITIONING TO A NEW SECTOR.

2)STOP TRYING TO MAKE IT Unlivable!!! 

3)DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE SPAM LAND CLAIMS!!!!!!!!!

Just be fair warned that wildcard has an over 3 year track record that proves every update they do will bring a new bug. That track record isn’t just early access either, it’s also after official release. They are notorious for adding bugs when they patch.

Can agree with those pieces of shit wolves that are totaly buggued 😄

Our island can be a living paradise or fuckin' hell, cancerous game.

• Thanks 1

Today i was killed several times by a lvl5 wolf although my lvl25 character was wearing leather armor and an iron pike. This is just ridiculous.

Not to mention the alpha creatures... why do lvl200+ alphas spawn all the time? There´s nothing you can do about them, just kite them over an over again to another part of the island and dying a lot in the progress, hoping that no other players take your stuff from your body in the meantime.

Edited by Combo77
typo
  • Like 1

Build 2 story buildings and kill em from above or throu the wall (Needs a lot of ammunition tho, and build Stone buildings))...

thats what we do with the Alphas. We only have Crocs and Snakes tho, and those insane Vultures you realy regret when you hit one.

But respawntimes are way to fast for them, when your solo... with a Group its "easy"

12 hours ago, SoloHan88 said:

I've yet to experience this. I typically wear no armor and just have basic spears and kill them easily. Sometimes two at once.

maybe twop if your very lucky. add a rattler into the fray a lvl three and lvl 16 wolf in a small space atop the mountain in bresport just to get some crystal and id like to see that. I died fast, had to go back up to get my loot which is what was worrying me more than trying to kill them, so died where it would be accessible. 

The knockback they do makes fighting thrm with swords unwinnable, assuming they don't clip through you and leave you stuck inside their model unable to attack.  Their attack soeed is faster than yours, so you get knocked back as you're swinging and they're momentarily out of range as your swing completes.  The massive lag lately from all the building isn't helping.

On my island they swarm in packs of 4 mixed in with a lion and they just roam the beaches, I can fight one on land no problem, two is lethal. Even after they kiilled me they keep attacking my house on Lawless as well for no reason, I logged off today with 4 wolves biting my walls. I'm sleeping on my ship tonight and will check in the morning what they have done to it.

This needs urgent patching as one guy states, our island can be a paradise or a living hell, once the predators spawn u have no place to hide because of the laggy spawnscreen they are already biting you before you can start moving away if your raft+bed is near your base. Not to mention if u fight those predators close to your house or any structure or wall'ish' thing u will glitch inside of them, being unable to even swing your spear, forced to switch to axe or other item and hit them a few times to bug out of them and try to kill them again. But these fuckers can take u down in 5 hits.

Oh yeah and all of that on a laggy server which ping varies from 100-250 ... Wolves OP, tech issues OP = u need more luck than skill to survive

Edited by Jozzie McTowel

Problems with wolves:

1.  Hyper-Aggro: (This one is weird) Half the time they spot you from a mile away and come after you, ignoring anything else in the way that would be considered 'prey'. The other half they aggro and then run away...at light speed. I'm currently sitting in my house with some 212 Alpha Wolf outside just chomping nonstop at the wall...doing no damage but still annoying and really kind of a 'wtf?' moment. 
  2.  Damage: In full fur I normally have no issue killing a wolf or two with a metal pike. In hide it can be a different story, but it isn't impossible. The problem is wolves attack WAY too fast and with an obvious lack of regard to any kind of stamina system. Couple this with the (Fucking ark 2.0) knockback and it is just a complete pain to deal with. 
  3.  AI: I'm assuming some kind of code was added to attempt making all animals try to avoid being stuck when attempting to path to you. This causes some hilarity but is also making dealing with these alpha predators an absolute pain. The Alpha Wolf outside my house (this is the 3rd different one in less than an hour btw) likes to stand there chomping at the house even though he can't damage stone. As soon as I pop an arrow into it, he runs away for a moment, just to come back and start all over again. Eventually he will get stuck somewhere and not care about being shot but either way, it's just not well designed.
  4.  Regen: Ok this HAS to be a bug. I get some of these wolves to like half hp, they run off and eat a cow real fast, come back at 100% hp and all of this happens in the span of 10 seconds or so.

My suggestions?

For now, for us, blunderbuss every wolf you see. If you cant get your hands on this delicious hand cannon, then try your best to kite them to water and yeet on them as they swim around like idiots.

For the devs:

1.  Lower wolf movement by about 10% and attack speed by 20-25%. (This can actually go to lions too, but thankfully they are insanely broken and easy to kill.)
  2.  Lower or remove hp regen from eating by about 90%. I don't regen all of my health in two seconds from eating an entire cow...in fact I die.
  3.  Remove the affinity of these predators to attack structures. For me in stone it is just a nuisance, but for others there needs to be someway to get yourself safe from these things. I couldn't imagine how tilted I would be if I was building in wood and these things were just eating through the walls. 

I know we don't want the game to be 'ez-mode' but a few tweaks to these predators would make the land game a bit more enjoyable while still presenting a challenge.

Just my 2gc.

• Like 2

Yup, my friend and I went South to find some land to claim. Found a nice area on a tundra island... or so we thought, until the wolves and lions showed up.

Please fix this devs.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, SoloHan88 said:

You aren't playing the same game, then.  I had full metal armor on, and wolves nearly kill me, and I am a level 42.  The pistols work good, and it is best to have two loaded at all times, but if you miss against a high level wolf you are dead.  My issue isn't with the wolf's damage, it's with the lack of protection in metal armor.  Metal armor should just about negate the bites of Lions, and Wolves.  I've also noticed that wolves and lions will randomly run away from me, but there is no rhyme or reason to this.  I had a lvl 38 run from me, but then a level 14 came at me like a hell hound, not 5 minutes later.  My other issue is that the sneak skill isn't very useful.  We tested it, and there is very little difference in how animals aggro to you.  Not enough difference to warrant wasting points on it.  I would like my Ghillie suit, thanks.   Of course we wouldn't need them if the animals didn't aggro from such long range.  I have stood on a rock, looked around, saw no wolves or lions, even using the spyglass, and so I get down, start mining the rock, and as I finish, I turn to find another rock only to see a wolf charging me so fast, I barely have time to get a weapon out to shoot it.  The glitchy way they move when close to can also make them hard to shoot.  I will deal with that, but it's the way they aggro from such long range that bothers me.

I have also learned to take the hit from them, in order to get a better shot.  By this, I mean, learn to not panic and don't shoot as fast as you can.  If they are too close to you, charging you for a bite, the bite will make you turn a bit, making your shot miss...so take the hit, and as you bounce back, line up the shot and shoot.  Take the hit, line up shot and shoot.  This is not as effective against 2 wolves, as you are often near death from just one wolf.  The optimal situation is to be on top of a large rock so they can't get to you, but if you don't see them first, this is unlikely to happen.  Simply put, their aggro ranges need to be reduced...a lot.  This may not be realistic, but then it doesn't take a lot of arrows to the face to make an animal stop attacking.  Unless it's rabid, or trapped, one arrow into it, anywhere is going to make it stop attacking.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, and the Alphas, they don't enhance the game at this point.  They are a nuisance.  For instance, I was traveling on foot across the large island we are on.  I was near the coast, on an area that had a lot of rock, and an alpha snake appeared out of nowhere, and hit me before I could even react.  As a result, I lost everything I had on me.  At times, it feels near impossible to move from one spot to another because of the hyper aggressive and strong predators that are literally everywhere.  It is sapping the fun from the game.

It isn't that this happens, it that it happens so regularly. 

8 minutes ago, strawman said:

Use a blunderbuss

With the skill tree, the abomination that it is, not everyone has a blunderbuss, and so for many, that's not an option.  To be honest, however, I haven't really looked for it yet.  I will give a look now, however.

There have been dozens and dozens of posts on this exact topic.  Don't you people get it yet?  You are being ignored.

But there's good news.  They updated the animation for rabbits. Soon, you can sit one on your shoulder and get a nice chuckle when an alpha croc bites their lil head off (of course yours will be included as a package deal for the croc).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hostile animal respawn timers are indeed WAY off, as is their insane aggro and damage settings.
Not only has the game become utterly unplayable, more so than is was before as the dear Devs seems to refuse to acknowledge they fudged up on several issues that needs dealing with ASAP.

Sure, i can understand the importance of enabling people to play in the first place, fixing the server and connection issues, but then, it's on to gameplay bugs and balancing of the stuff the game allready has, BEFOR adding more content that just adds to the bugs list.

Things with animals i would really like to see happen within a very short timespan:
- Less hostile animal spawns in a given area. (4-wolf packs + 2 crocs + rattlesnakes + Alphas within 50 meters is NOT playable)
- Deny animals from spotting / attacking through walls and hulls !!!!! (Getting bitten to death by crocks, sailing away from an island, is NOT logical...)
- Set biome spawn rules for animals!! ( wth is a wolf doing in the dessert in the first place ?)
- Reduce the animal count per 50 meters. (5-6 elefants, 4-5 pigs + hostile animals in a tiny area ?!)
- Reduce animal armor penetration abilities by ATLEAST half, so our armor actually counts for something!!!
That's just a fraction of my thoughts about animals...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Combo77 said:

Today i was killed several times by a lvl5 wolf although my lvl25 character was wearing leather armor and an iron pike. This is just ridiculous.

Not to mention the alpha creatures... why do lvl200+ alphas spawn all the time? There´s nothing you can do about them, just kite them over an over again to another part of the island and dying a lot in the progress, hoping that no other players take your stuff from your body in the meantime.

I honestly think the overspawn of alphas is for large companies. Between hungry AI and large groups of players if they are sailing along and decide they need food, a few normal animals isn't going to cut it for meal time. Enter alphas and dinner is served. It is the only reasoning I could come up with for having endless amounts of them everywhere.

I'm not sure if it does, but do these wolves also just spawn in while u are standing on their spawnpoint? I mean too many times these have attacked me in pair whilst before i started eating or ended my harvesting there was no wolf in sight, only to come back out of my menu to already have a broken leg and see myself die cuz yea, no reaction time and nothing to do really against two wolves.

^

Considering it is a survival game maybe you should be doing things like, I dont know...eating indoors? You seriously think that is a game issue there?

11 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

^

Considering it is a survival game maybe you should be doing things like, I dont know...eating indoors? You seriously think that is a game issue there?

Have u even read this entire post? I guess u didnt or u wouldn't have made that comment. Even indoors these pesky wolves aggro you and if u don't have a stone wall they will slowly munch their way through it. And if it's more than 1 wolf and u are not well equipped you are a dead guy, leaving u to the point where u have to lure away the wolf from your body time over time to get to your inventory or try to find others to help kill off the pack.

17 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

^

Fresh out of freeport on yer raft, level lowbie, hardly any skills in terms of building, and then add in the issue of gathering stuff to build your suggested idea... GL with that 😉

2 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

Have u even read this entire post? I guess u didnt or u wouldn't have made that comment. Even indoors these pesky wolves aggro you and if u don't have a stone wall they will slowly munch their way through it. And if it's more than 1 wolf and u are not well equipped you are a dead guy, leaving u to the point where u have to lure away the wolf from your body time over time to get to your inventory or try to find others to help kill off the pack.

Yes I read it thats why I commented. I have died plenty times as well, but it wasnt from being in my inventory while getting chewed on. Try a different weapon, or armor, or even maybe a better tactic or something its not that hard. Use the highg round to your advantage, or the water. Use your dodge moves or, just leave the area. There are freeports until you get better.