Sign in to follow this  
Salty Del

Thoughts on the PTR experience.

5 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

Did you actually play or did you just skim through what others were saying.... because as a Land owner YOU CANNOT demolish anything on the island that isn't yours.  You have to destroy it.  The people you allow to live on your island cannon build cannons during peace time... During 9 hours of the day in combat phase however they can... so not understand why this is even a thing... when they can just build them anyways.....

I agree that gold costs are stupid easy and everyone can amass thousands of gold very easily.  

Secondly this was not proper feedback... as you can tell he missed most of the things that need to be tested... this is literally just a post about what he "claims" to have done... when he made the statement about demolishing stuff I knew he hadn't actually played the PTR and didn't do any actual testing... other than buying an island maybe.

Lol. You make a thread shouting calling everyone stupid because there’s a mechanic in the game everyone but you wants, and everyone that says so is stupid and dumb. This guy gives feedback from his experiences with it so far and actually give feedback as to how things can be better. You: EU IDIOTS YOU STUPID WORST MECHANIC GAME, CANT DESTROY ANYTHING THEHELL IS THIS. 

Your first paragraph is just ridiculous. It seems you saw the sentence ‘You cannot destroy non-alliance structures’ and now you’re just going wild. At this point I really think you’re hard trolling here. 

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Lol. You make a thread shouting calling everyone stupid because there’s a mechanic in the game everyone but you wants, and everyone that says so is stupid and dumb. This guy gives feedback from his experiences with it so far and actually give feedback as to how things can be better. You: EU IDIOTS YOU STUPID WORST MECHANIC GAME, CANT DESTROY ANYTHING THEHELL IS THIS. 

Your first paragraph is just ridiculous. It seems you saw the sentence ‘You cannot destroy non-alliance structures’ and now you’re just going wild. At this point I really think you’re hard trolling here. 

No body wants this mechanic... you keep throwing it around like it was an overwhelming voted option that the community ushered in...

It was not... and no one... NO ONE is going to like this change... except for the megas....

Just now, Bolognapwny said:

No body wants this mechanic... you keep throwing it around like it was an overwhelming voted option that the community ushered in...

It was not... and no one... NO ONE is going to like this change... except for the megas....

Yeah, that’s because (as you pointed out) you weren’t here. When the march update was announced there were many, many threads of people having concerns about the landlord being able to destroy everyone’s stuff. Maybe look those threads up.

Just now, Percieval said:

Yeah, that’s because (as you pointed out) you weren’t here. When the march update was announced there were many, many threads of people having concerns about the landlord being able to destroy everyone’s stuff. Maybe look those threads up.

You say many, I watched the forums every day... always look at the forums since the game launched kid... and its the same 6 people THE SAME 6 damn people posting their random degenerate thoughts around.

3 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

Wait hold the phone, You think that mega’s will like this more than your suggestion? Oh boy there are some hard problems here, mega’s want nothing more than your suggestion because it will be way more easier to control, way and way easier. 

2 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

You say many, I watched the forums every day... always look at the forums since the game launched kid... and its the same 6 people THE SAME 6 damn people posting their random degenerate thoughts around.

Yeah that’s not true and you know it. You wouldn’t make the statement ‘nobody wants this’ if you were actually here. 

5 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Yeah that’s not true and you know it. You wouldn’t make the statement ‘nobody wants this’ if you were actually here. 

Were here because a vocal minority that couldn't find land, and didn't want to merge or play on a private serer... instead came to the forums and cried over and over and over.... thats why we are here...

Granted the old system needed to be capped with 2-3 companies owning 15 different squares.

1 minute ago, Bolognapwny said:

Were here because a vocal minority that couldn't find land, and didn't want to merge or play on a private serer... instead came to the forums and cried over and over and over.... thats why we are here...

Granted the old system needed to be capped with 2-3 companies owning 15 different squares.

That’s delusional. If I have made a base with the knowledge it can be deleted at any point would make people feel ‘baffled’. That’s why they were here and that’s why you’re suggestion to give them to do so will never be accepted by the devs or the community. It has nothing to with them not able to find land. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

That’s delusional. If I have made a base with the knowledge it can be deleted at any point would make people feel ‘baffled’. That’s why they were here and that’s why you’re suggestion to give them to do so will never be accepted by the devs or the community. It has nothing to with them not able to find land. 

People did not have land or bases because the game was geared toward recruiting a million people and not having any caps on it.... EG: I could have 500+ people in my company, ally 500+ companies, and have 500+ islands.... uhhh of course no one had land...

So the problem is we should make it to where anyone can build anywhere that will solve all the problems right?  lmao its not even what the issue was... wtf....

Just now, Bolognapwny said:

People did not have land or bases because the game was geared toward recruiting a million people and not having any caps on it.... EG: I could have 500+ people in my company, ally 500+ companies, and have 500+ islands.... uhhh of course no one had land...

So the problem is we should make it to where anyone can build anywhere that will solve all the problems right?  lmao its not even what the issue was... wtf....

Making sure 1 company can own 900 islands and others being able to do literally nothing about it won’t be the new issue then right? This update is for the small/solo’s. 

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Making sure 1 company can own 900 islands and others being able to do literally nothing about it won’t be the new issue then right? This update is for the small/solo’s. 

Ummm no.... One company should be able to own 1 island..... maybe 2 if you wanna make an argument for it I don't care... if you want to use island values it shouldn't exceed 100 points... nobody need that many islands in a company... an alliance can ofcourse own more island... I would honestly like to see it alliance grids... thats as big an alliance as it should be... 6 islands - 6 companies in one grid.... so itll be every grid for them selves... or maybe there will be a lot of internal fighting for control of the grid.... who knows... but I believe hard caps are needed... and once you iron that out... YES DEFENDERS should have the advantage. EG: no one can build but them

4 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

Ummm no.... One company should be able to own 1 island..... maybe 2 if you wanna make an argument for it I don't care... if you want to use island values it shouldn't exceed 100 points... nobody need that many islands in a company... an alliance can ofcourse own more island... I would honestly like to see it alliance grids... thats as big an alliance as it should be... 6 islands - 6 companies in one grid.... so itll be every grid for them selves... or maybe there will be a lot of internal fighting for control of the grid.... who knows... but I believe hard caps are needed... and once you iron that out... YES DEFENDERS should have the advantage. EG: no one can build but them

Capping on islands points is the best. You can think about certain islands to grab but also all around the map. I don’t want the defenders to be the only ones that can build, I want the attackers to be capped with an x amount of buildings or maybe building points where a cannon has 10 points and a wall 2. The bigger the island the more ‘attack points’. When raid or war time is over, all the ‘attacking structures’ disappear. During war hours you get an x amount of building points more because now there is 0 real advantage to the war hours. 

Edited by Percieval

50 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Capping on islands points is the best. You can think about certain islands to grab but also all around the map. I don’t want the defenders to be the only ones that can build, I want the attackers to be capped with an x amount of buildings or maybe building points where a cannon has 10 points and a wall 2. The bigger the island the more ‘attack points’. When raid or war time is over, all the ‘attacking structures’ disappear. During war hours you get an x amount of building points more because now there is 0 real advantage to the war hours. 

Thats where we will always have to disagree, I don't believe buildings should be used as a "raid" tool... there is siege equipment in the game and they should be the ideal way to siege an enemy stronghold.... I believe the current setup makes the war tokens non-essential... as all I need to do is destroy your whole entire existence on the island and just make sure you don't come back... the island will just fall anyways...

I don't mind island point capping it... but it needs to be lower than 200 for sure... I honestly am against making the game about "territory"... it should be about the area you control... not how much of it you control.  IF they can do this you can then make effective trading agreements and stimulate economies... which will create player made content.

1 hour ago, Bolognapwny said:

Thats where we will always have to disagree, I don't believe buildings should be used as a "raid" tool... there is siege equipment in the game and they should be the ideal way to siege an enemy stronghold.... I believe the current setup makes the war tokens non-essential... as all I need to do is destroy your whole entire existence on the island and just make sure you don't come back... the island will just fall anyways...

I don't mind island point capping it... but it needs to be lower than 200 for sure... I honestly am against making the game about "territory"... it should be about the area you control... not how much of it you control.  IF they can do this you can then make effective trading agreements and stimulate economies... which will create player made content.

Honestly, 200 is over the top. 100 should be the cap for small tribes.

Anyway the devs are pandering to zerg; zerg have their private discord channels; I didn't get invited; you didn't get invited there, but there they are creating your gaming environment and influencing the devs.

All that time, the bulk of the players at start were solos and small tribes - but ironically they let them quit (and they left because of the zerg more often than not).

Here some thoughts from our company after extensive testing on the PTR:

We went in to test and look at this from the way the Colonies-system was announced: for small till mid-size Companies. Not for big and mega-companies. So we went it and tested with this in mind with only a few people (we are otherwise allied with a mega-company).

- First off: I love the Discord-Webhook-feature! It works great and was not difficult to install at all. Fantastic tool! Also love the fact you can decide what should be posted from the bot.

- the entire idea behind the Colonies-System is great. It needs changes with numbers though to be valid for small/mid-companies. As it is now the Colonies-System is still focused on mega-companies and they profit the most. The company-limit is way to high as of now and does not force mega-companies to the Empire-System. 1 company = 50 people + 4 Allys a 50 ppl = 250 people in total that can play together without to big issues. 250 people are NOT a small or midd-sized company.
They even profit from splitting into allies by getting more Island-Points in total like this.

- This goes on to the 9 hours war-time: it's way to long for small/mid-size companies. People in this range have jobs and families. It is absurd to somehow come up with a window of 9 hours a day for this group of people. It is completly fine on Empire - but this is EXCLUSIVLY ment for small/mid-sized groups. NOT the hardcore zerg-groups. Because of this its also not valid to counter this argument with something like: get bigger and find people from diffrent time-zones. Thats fine for Empire yes, but not for Colonies.

- The 9 hours are also an issue because stealing an Island is super fast. Don't get me wrong: I like the fact it goes so fast! It makes the game more dynamical. But because it's so fast, the war-time is more important. Shorten the window. Or as alternative maybe have diffrent long hours for the diffrent Island-sizes? The big ones have 9 hours, the middle ones 6 and the small ones 4? Just an idea.

- Continue to extend the settlement-feature. There are some great ideas around here on the forum. Much potential with this. We found also that this is a possibility to attract people that would be intrested in PvP but went to PvE because they hate the offline raiding. We allready found people that would come from PvE and are willing to give PvP a try and wan't to settle on a Island with a good landowner.

- We really like all the new items. The large wall is great and price seems reasonable. The symbiose between Bank and claimflag is fantastic! It helps to secure an island big time. Very well done! The 2x2 gate is a great addition. Keep things like that coming!

Islands - we traveld and explored extensivly - the only Grids we did not research are the Polar ones and H8 (ofc):

- Many of the new Island messed up spawns of entire servers. As example the western tundra Servers have huge issues: some islands have overpopulated spawns meanwhile other islands are nearly empty of spawns (only have some flyers).

- To many Islands are wasted by being unusable. It doesn't help anyone if you add so many new islands but a big numbers is not usable at all because a key ressource got forgotten. As example having copper as main-metal but forgot to plant a sugar-spawn on 1 of the islands in the server, meanwhile the others have it. Meanwhile some Islands are simply broken OP-good.

- To many Islands are wasted by really bad, weird conditions of the ocean-floor around the islands. According to the latest patch notes this should have been fixed - could not confirm this yet.

Something entire diffrent.... please for the love of blackbeard: MIND THE TIMEZONES WHEN LAUNCHING THE NEW SERVERS. There is no reason to launch the EU-servers at 3 am for EU. This is a perfect example of cattering to mega-companies. They can afford to rush an island at 3 am: small/middle-ones with ppl that have jobs and families can't. There are enough time-windows that works somewhat for all involved timezones. And if you can't agree on one then split the launch or push it to the next morning.
This is something that is easy managable but has a huge inpact on how people will feel about the game. If Colonies are really ment for the small/middle-sized companies -> don't launch it through hardcore hours. You can hear left and right how people are saying: if we don't manage an Island this time - thats it for us.

I've forgotten probably some things and will add more later. Thank you for everyone managing to read this far, I am sorry for my potato english and typos.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Sinappia said:

We went in to test and look at this from the way the Colonies-system was announced: for small till mid-size Companies. Not for big and mega-companies. So we went it and tested with this in mind with only a few people (we are otherwise allied with a mega-company).

- First off: I love the Discord-Webhook-feature! It works great and was not difficult to install at all. Fantastic tool! Also love the fact you can decide what should be posted from the bot.

- the entire idea behind the Colonies-System is great. It needs changes with numbers though to be valid for small/mid-companies. As it is now the Colonies-System is still focused on mega-companies and they profit the most. The company-limit is way to high as of now and does not force mega-companies to the Empire-System. 1 company = 50 people + 4 Allys a 50 ppl = 250 people in total that can play together without to big issues. 250 people are NOT a small or midd-sized company.
They even profit from splitting into allies by getting more Island-Points in total like this.

- This goes on to the 9 hours war-time: it's way to long for small/mid-size companies. People in this range have jobs and families. It is absurd to somehow come up with a window of 9 hours a day for this group of people. It is completly fine on Empire - but this is EXCLUSIVLY ment for small/mid-sized groups. NOT the hardcore zerg-groups. Because of this its also not valid to counter this argument with something like: get bigger and find people from diffrent time-zones. Thats fine for Empire yes, but not for Colonies.

- The 9 hours are also an issue because stealing an Island is super fast. Don't get me wrong: I like the fact it goes so fast! It makes the game more dynamical. But because it's so fast, the war-time is more important. Shorten the window. Or as alternative maybe have diffrent long hours for the diffrent Island-sizes? The big ones have 9 hours, the middle ones 6 and the small ones 4? Just an idea.

- Continue to extend the settlement-feature. There are some great ideas around here on the forum. Much potential with this. We found also that this is a possibility to attract people that would be intrested in PvP but went to PvE because they hate the offline raiding. We allready found people that would come from PvE and are willing to give PvP a try and wan't to settle on a Island with a good landowner.

- We really like all the new items. The large wall is great and price seems reasonable. The symbiose between Bank and claimflag is fantastic! It helps to secure an island big time. Very well done! The 2x2 gate is a great addition. Keep things like that coming!

Islands - we traveld and explored extensivly - the only Grids we did not research are the Polar ones and H8 (ofc):

- Many of the new Island messed up spawns of entire servers. As example the western tundra Servers have huge issues: some islands have overpopulated spawns meanwhile other islands are nearly empty of spawns (only have some flyers).

- To many Islands are wasted by being unusable. It doesn't help anyone if you add so many new islands but a big numbers is not usable at all because a key ressource got forgotten. As example having copper as main-metal but forgot to plant a sugar-spawn on 1 of the islands in the server, meanwhile the others have it. Meanwhile some Islands are simply broken OP-good.

- To many Islands are wasted by really bad, weird conditions of the ocean-floor around the islands. According to the latest patch notes this should have been fixed - could not confirm this yet.

Something entire diffrent.... please for the love of blackbeard: MIND THE TIMEZONES WHEN LAUNCHING THE NEW SERVERS. There is no reason to launch the EU-servers at 3 am for EU. This is a perfect example of cattering to mega-companies. They can afford to rush an island at 3 am: small/middle-ones with ppl that have jobs and families can't. There are enough time-windows that works somewhat for all involved timezones. And if you can't agree on one then split the launch or push it to the next morning.
This is something that is easy managable but has a huge inpact on how people will feel about the game. If Colonies are really ment for the small/middle-sized companies -> don't launch it through hardcore hours. You can hear left and right how people are saying: if we don't manage an Island this time - thats it for us.

I've forgotten probably some things and will add more later. Thank you for everyone managing to read this far, I am sorry for my potato english and typos.

Yeah i made the same suggestion with the raid hours, have them vary between large and small islands, it’s a bit logical to have large islands being able to be attacked longer than small ones. As for the ocean floor conditions all I can say is that I haven’t see them yet on the same islands as before. 

I vote Bologna and Percieval get an own island each, directly as neighbors.

And we can watch YouTube vids of their battles day by day 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Talono said:

I vote Bologna and Percieval get an own island each, directly as neighbors.

And we can watch YouTube vids of their battles day by day 😉

Percyval would probably foundation spam Bologna every day while denying it on global, and Bologna would do all caps on global every day because of it.

Might be fun to observe, actually.

6 hours ago, Sinappia said:

Just Awesome,  Hope this makes its way across the Devs eyes.. tks for  writing this.

My experience of PTR? Well where shall I start?

First the EU PVP.

MY son and I had just tamed a couple of bears and were sailing back to our base. A larger ship (brigantine ours was just a sloop) asked us to stop to talk. We did so at an island and during that time we watched as this brig was sunk by SOTD. When they got to us on the shore, we were feeling  a little sorry for them. They asked us if we were interested in joining their company to help take an island which we agreed to. No sooner were we at our tiny  base then they killed us both - kicked us out of the company and waked off with all our possessions.

Now the NA PVE.

My son and I got an island fairly quickly and were delighted to do so. We already had a sloop each which we had used to find our island. Having claimed it we proceeded to build a brigantine. It was just about complete when we logged off - leaving it still in the docks without launching it. Safe and sound. Or so we thought. We logged in this morning to find not only our 2 sloops were gone - but also the near complete brigantine - which we had not launched - was gone too. Now Ive been told about the fact that if you are offline for more than 6 hours then ships can be claimed. But surely that does not apply to a ship still in its dock?

So my experience of PTR? Not promising future. The first issue on the PVP we can put down to it being well PVP. But the second problem is not acceptable at all on a PVE server. For me PTR has not been  a good experience.

21 hours ago, Sinappia said:

*snip*

Damn, that's actually a pretty sweet idea. Tagging @Jatheish and @Dollie.

I do not understand the difference between the 9 hours that can attack you and when you declare war, at 9 am I see how the island is stolen from people and that was supposed to be only in the war.

8 minutes ago, faycan said:

I do not understand the difference between the 9 hours that can attack you and when you declare war, at 9 am I see how the island is stolen from people and that was supposed to be only in the war.

These are 2 diffrent things.

• every Island is everyday vurnerable for 9 hours. In these 9 hours everything can be attacked and the Island can be stolen. The owner of the Island decides at which hours these 9 hours per day start
  • The War-Tokken is an item you craft and use onto an Island from someone else: that Island will enter the War-Status no matter of the 9-hour-Rule above. This War lasts for a specific amount of time and after that the Island goes back to it's only raidable during 9-hour a day rythm.

I hope I managed to explain it in a good way 🙂

If I understood you, thank you. But the advantage for small clans where you are, you are still vulnerable to big clans every day. XDD