Sign in to follow this  
Sneakydude

ATLAS is an early access pirate MMO survival game from Grapeshot Games

Is it? people keep saying it never was a pirate game listed.

Why is the wiki stating it as one? I think this is moving into the wrong direction, and we have too many saying it never was listed as a pirate game.

I personally think its turning into an ARK remake.

I hope the devs do a full 360 here and really think about how they are going to go with this. If they want the ARK players here, that's one thing but tell supporters ahead of time this never was a pirate game. Not a rehashed version of ARK.

Maybe a full response from the devs, would be nice on what direction they are heading here, because players like me do not like taming fights.

the ATLAS guide written and maintained by the players.

Please feel free to contribute by creating new articles or expanding existing ones.

This is an official description on Steam:

ATLAS: The ultimate survival MMO of unprecedented scale with 40,000+ simultaneous players in the same world. Join an endless adventure of piracy & sailing, exploration & combat, roleplaying & progression, settlement & civilization-building, in one of the largest game worlds ever! Explore, Build, Conquer!

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

Basically u pulled out word "piracy" and consider it one and only purpose of this game.

• Like 1

I guess then when all the news pages like pc gamer, long before release were calling it 'Pirate MMO' or 'Survival Pirate MMO' was because they made it up, and not because someone at  GS induced them to....

I remember the first stream where they showed the submarine. They talked about tech stuff because people were worried about the game becoming a tech fest.

They said they will add these things in tiny amounts where it makes sense but their goal is to keep that pirate/age of sail feeling and fantasy.

So let's believe them and hope that the Airship on the promo material is a mistake :D

3 hours ago, Willard said:

Basically u pulled out word "piracy" and consider it one and only purpose of this game.

That's a legitimate point, but here's another to consider: 

The defining act of piracy, the thing that makes a pirate a pirate, is the act of attacking and seizing commercial cargo vessels. It seems odd that GrapeCard™ would produce a game that they themselves describe as pirate oriented, albeit with a fantasy twist, then leave the single most defining thing a pirate does out of gameplay. Obviously the game is not considered only a pirate game, that much is clear, but it could be argued it's hard to consider it much of a pirate game without including this element at all. It's absence is certainly a headscratcher imo.

• Like 1

Players are referred to as Pathfinders. If it were just a "pirate" mmo would not players be referred to as Pirates? 

A small excerpt from the lore on the steam page:

descendants of the protectors of the Heart of the Goddess -- known as “Pathfinders” -- emerge from their provincial oceanic lives to explore the new continents and islands, and seek out the power they may yet contain. 

8 hours ago, Willard said:

Nope i copy and pasted the wiki, and i am referring to the countless ads by all videos, and articles on the game.

There is countless articles by the devs stating facts about a pirate MMO. In fact its turning into a tamed ARK 2.0 with images of a pirate theme. Soon to phase out the ships. Subs really? No weapons then we see ballistic type fire coming out of the sub. So screwed up.

1 hour ago, Sneakydude said:

Nope i copy and pasted the wiki, and i am referring to the countless ads by all videos, and articles on the game.

There is countless articles by the devs stating facts about a pirate MMO. In fact its turning into a tamed ARK 2.0 with images of a pirate theme. Soon to phase out the ships. Subs really? No weapons then we see ballistic type fire coming out of the sub. So screwed up.

I know you copy pasted from wiki, that´s why I posted it´s written and maintained by PLAYERS, not devs. 

Read before you buy smt on Steam. I really don´t have anything to tell you more. You want "full response from the devs" but you can´t even read what that game is about in the first place, it´s funny. 

Edited by Willard

34 minutes ago, Willard said:

I know you copy pasted from wiki, that´s why I posted it´s written and maintained by PLAYERS, not devs. 

Read before you buy smt on Steam. I really don´t have anything to tell you more. You want "full response from the devs" but you can´t even read what that game is about in the first place, it´s funny. 

You assume i didnt? and next you will say i have never done EA before or backed projects? Your just a different type of player, a pver. Some of us actually wanted a pirate game and pvp. Which is completely different then your mindset.

18 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

You assume i didnt? and next you will say i have never done EA before or backed projects? Your just a different type of player, a pver. Some of us actually wanted a pirate game and pvp. Which is completely different then your mindset.

No you clearly didn´t. Thank you for writing me what type of player I am. Guess I will swap to PvE then 😉 I don´t know what about you sir but I had a lot of ship fights and other PvP so far.

I really don´t know what are u complaining about. You are assuming devs said this is a pirate game. They never did. Wiki ran by PLAYERS, not developers did. Did u read wiki instead of description on Steam? Your fault. Did u want pirate game? Sorry, not Atlas, its just a pirate themed survival mmo, not pirate game. 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Willard said:

No you clearly didn´t. Thank you for writing me what type of player I am. Guess I will swap to PvE then 😉 I don´t know what about you sir but I had a lot of ship fights and other PvP so far.

I really don´t know what are u complaining about. You are assuming devs said this is a pirate game. They never did. Wiki ran by PLAYERS, not developers did. Did u read wiki instead of description on Steam? Your fault. Did u want pirate game? Sorry, not Atlas, its just a pirate themed survival mmo, not pirate game. 

Its ARK 2.0 dont give it credit.

Ill tell ya what, it would be a pretty lame pirate game if all you were killin was other pirates. Need other content to make an economy and merchants to rob. This ark 2.0 shit is silly. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

7 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

Its ARK 2.0 dont give it credit.

The difference is Atlas is sandbox mmo, ARK isn´t. Ye mechanic wise it´s ARK 2.0. What a surprise, same development team uses what works in ARK, it´s really outrageous !!! Pretty good deal for 20 Euros which is lower cost than a single ARK DLC 😉 

Look at Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Its practically new Dark Souls (mechanics are the same, hell even UI looks the same) and they sell it not as Dark Souls 4 but Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. What and insolence !!! 😄 

Btw it was pretty clear mechanics are based on ARK the moment you logged in. If u were unsatisfied with that u could refund it 😉 Stop whining man. 

Edited by Willard

Nobody ever actually reads the game info do they?

Not a pirate survival mmo, a fantasy mmo with sailing & piracy aspects. There is lore there about the "golden age" that had steam punk type tech with subs and airships and things like that. Read the whole part about the setting that is below the "read more" part of the steam page. It was all there from day one.

You both need to read Dec issue of PC gamer.

But its so funny, how much of fanbois you are, grow some its just talk.

34 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

You both need to read Dec issue of PC gamer.

But its so funny, how much of fanbois you are, grow some its just talk.

So now what PC Gamer writes is taken as a fact no matter what developers write ... And I thought developers are those who should describe the game.

Btw I could probably be your father, don´t start with these personal attacks 😉 

Its a simple, read description of the game on STEAM if you are buying that game on STEAM. Nothing else matters. 

Edit: Ok look at this: 

https://www.pcgamer.com/atlas-mmo/

What developers said is ""We took everything that we loved about ARK and put it in the largest game world ever for an action-based MMO,""

Did they say it´s going to be pirate MMO? No, PC Gamer did that. Did they say it´s based on ARK? Ye, they did by stating they took everything they loved in ARK" (ye, which means building, dinos etc.).

Yet you complain about this being ARK 2.0 and not being Pirate MMO. Devs never said that. Did u buy it because of PC Gamer? Well, then blame them, not Atlas developers. 

Like I said, read before you blame developers for smt they never did.

Edited by Willard

5 hours ago, Willard said:

So now what PC Gamer writes is taken as a fact no matter what developers write ... And I thought developers are those who should describe the game.

Btw I could probably be your father, don´t start with these personal attacks 😉 

Its a simple, read description of the game on STEAM if you are buying that game on STEAM. Nothing else matters. 

Edit: Ok look at this: 

https://www.pcgamer.com/atlas-mmo/

What developers said is ""We took everything that we loved about ARK and put it in the largest game world ever for an action-based MMO,""

Did they say it´s going to be pirate MMO? No, PC Gamer did that. Did they say it´s based on ARK? Ye, they did by stating they took everything they loved in ARK" (ye, which means building, dinos etc.).

Yet you complain about this being ARK 2.0 and not being Pirate MMO. Devs never said that. Did u buy it because of PC Gamer? Well, then blame them, not Atlas developers. 

Like I said, read before you blame developers for smt they never did.

Willard you a sad case. You argue with everyone and anyone. Your like that kid in the back of the class that knows it all and eats glue and boogers all day and wonders why he gets bullied.

21 minutes ago, ButtPirate said:

Willard you a sad case. You argue with everyone and anyone. Your like that kid in the back of the class that knows it all and eats glue and boogers all day and wonders why he gets bullied.

I debate with anyone who I think is wrong, forums are here because of it. Or are they here just for us to spit on devs all together? 🙂 I know it´s really cool today to spit on everyone and everywhere but I simply won´t just watch. If I say something I should be able to support it with some facts. 

He created topic because "it´s not pirate MMO" and he is unsatisfied. Im just explaining him devs never said this 😉 Its normal debate man, I don´t attack him, I simply put arguments but he doesn´t listen. He even refers to article on PC Gamer which just proves he is wrong. 

People have different opinions, forums are here to debate about things. Don´t mistake debates with arguing. 

Btw I argue practically only with Sneaky, Bulletforce and Talono, noone else. Furthermore it´s really good for practising english 😉

Edited by Willard

14 minutes ago, Willard said:

I debate with anyone who I think is wrong, forums are here because of it. Or are they here just for us to spit on devs all together? 🙂 I know it´s really cool today to spit on everyone and everywhere but I simply won´t just watch. If I say something I should be able to support it with some facts. 

He created topic because "it´s not pirate MMO" and he is unsatisfied. Im just explaining him devs never said this 😉 Its normal debate man, I don´t attack him, I simply put arguments but he doesn´t listen. He even refers to article on PC Gamer which just proves he is wrong. 

People have different opinions, forums are here to debate about things. Don´t mistake debates with arguing. 

Btw I argue practically only with Sneaky, Bulletforce and Talono, noone else. Furthermore it´s really good for practising english 😉

See there you go again assuming every ones first language is English...… you post nothing constructive. Anyone with common sense knows this game was original based off pirates.

The devs  are just being lazy and going the easy route now by reskinning more of ARKS features into the game.

13 minutes ago, ButtPirate said:

See there you go again assuming every ones first language is English...… you post nothing constructive. Anyone with common sense knows this game was original based off pirates.

The devs  are just being lazy and going the easy route now by reskinning more of ARKS features into the game.

I told its good practice for MY english, im not native speaker 😄 Im not assuming anything. "Anyone with common sense" cmon man, don´t come on me with "everyone knows" arguments 😄 Its pirate themed MMO, ye. It is, im not arguying with you. But its not pirate MMO. Piracy is just a part of it. Sneaky is telling devs said this was a pirate mmo but they never did. Thats all. It was clear from the beginning it will be ARK based. They even told it 🙂

Posting nothing constructive. Where is constructive question there could be constructive answer but this topic? Its just spitting, sorry. 

Edited by Willard

10 hours ago, ButtPirate said:

Nothing he says is proof that it is not, he reads between the lines. I have provided proof that the Dev article was in fact approved by The Wildcard team. Yet he continues to debate or cries not sure what one yet, still laughing at his argumentative structure. If the devs keep this up it will just be another dino game. They keep shifting focus away from what the majority did like. Proof again, lots left got tired of the meta game, as well as many other things. Yet i still return here wondering should i ignore the guy or continue laughing? i dunno.

Yes hes young i get it.

But it still doesn't change from the facts, the devs need to focus on what was given, airships and the other stuff was for the Devkit via videos, trailers etc.. which is pirate themed sandbox mmo.. of 150 per player max.

Edited by Sneakydude

10 hours ago, Willard said:

That's not considered as trolling is it? stalking because you dont like what we have to say?

You dont listen to well.

3 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

That's not considered as trolling is it? stalking because you dont like what we have to say?

You dont listen to well.

Im not stalking anyone. We all are pretty active in different topics here on forums and have pretty much contradictory opinions. Its logical we debate in different topics. If you don't want to debate with people don't create stupid topics 😉 Just start to read what you are buying and you won't need to create those.

Edited by Willard