Winter Thorne

One week is not enough for the PTR

Early access is in no way an official release. An official release with bugs is called Release. 

16 hours ago, Talono said:

I must contradict : One week is way too long for the PTR, best would be to wipe and restart the live servers today.

If something should be too player friendly devs can patch quickly FOY 2.0 or something to destroy any uprising fun and happyness among the customers.

cry cry cry and more cries. ffs how old are you

why we need a ptr when we are testing anyway is beyond me doesn't make any sense , all you player crying about ptr one week not long enough the game we are playing is in testing , it's still in development 😕

Edited by UDO
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Arykos said:

cry cry cry and more cries. ffs how old are you

Is this some kind of human language ? Contribute to the topic please.

Fact is, live servers are empty, devs stopped communication with the community and players are frustrated.

Best option would be to show some balls and drop wipe & slavery patch.

Or wipe immediatelly, bring the slavery patch live and save costs for the PTR. Improvements can be done during live phasis as well.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DilBert said:

Early access is in no way an official release. An official release with bugs is called Release. 

I don’t care how you look at it, the game may be in it’s early stages but it was officially released to the public to purchase at a discounted price, we did not have to submit a questionnaire in order to participate in beta or alpha testing.  So therefore it was officially made available to the public to purchase the game 

4 hours ago, Talono said:

Is this some kind of human language ? Contribute to the topic please.

Fact is, live servers are empty, devs stopped communication with the community and players are frustrated.

Best option would be to show some balls and drop wipe & slavery patch.

Or wipe immediatelly, bring the slavery patch live and save costs for the PTR. Improvements can be done during live phasis as well.

ok waheheheeheheheeheheh everything sucks waeeheheeheh

did I contribute like you now ? Well I did 😃

What about u give some good ideas in feedback area instead of constantly crying towards devs?

we are not active anymore, and we will not play at ptr fase. its pointless to play and get wiped again. just put the new patch to live servers, and patch stuff overthere. make it like ark, with better defence structures for offline protection. we left the game immediatly after the wipe anouncement. we are NOT going to farm bases, boats and stuff. it will be a waste of time AGAIN! the devs cant ask players to invest/waste their time, to test the game. otherwise make a payout to the players.

Edited by pvg103breda
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, pvg103breda said:

we are not active anymore, and we will not play at ptr fase. its pointless to play and get wiped again. just put the new patch to live servers, and patch stuff overthere. make it like ark, with better defence structures for offline protection. we left the game immediatly after the wipe anouncement. we are NOT going to farm bases, boats and stuff. it will be a waste of time AGAIN! the devs cant ask players to invest/waste their time, to test the game. otherwise make a payout to the players.

Give this man a medaille cause he is right.

Week of PTR on RELEASED game would be too short. But this is not release game, it´s early access. It´s practically the big test. Testing comes with people playing on live servers. Week is enough to figure out big bugs and new claim system. Then it can go live. 

If you guys don´t understand this very easy concept just leave Atlas and come playing after it´s released. 

Edited by Willard

3 hours ago, pvg103breda said:

Noone wants you to farm bases and build ships. They need some people on PTR to test if there are any major flaws, that´s it. I will play on PTR because I simply want to know how claiming works in reality. That´s all. 

Nobody is going to farm, build bases and ships 🙂 

"Devs can´t ask players to invest/waste their tome, to test the game." - Man do u realize you are the tester because you are playing early access game? 😄 Jesus christ, another one who doesn´t read anything while buying the game ... More wipes will come m8, so either leave the game until it´s released or keep your posts about "wasting time" for yourself. Nobody forces you to play it. You know wipes will come and you either accept it or not. 

Edited by Willard

u need to farm, tame and build aswell, to find bugs. how u gonna find bugs/exploits without investing much time?...so yes, people are investing their time.....this stuff wasnt the case with ark. u cant spawn in the game and log out after 5 minutes. servers got only wiped 1 time!

I’ve said this before and I’ll say this again “just because it’s early access does not mean there will be wipes” the developers had to submit a form that outlines the plans they had for a early release game title, in that form it has to mention in detail what will take place, this is a binding agreement that can be held accountable.

Steam covers themselves by stating that this is a early access game and it may or may not change from its current state,  this is no mention of server wipes, resets or anything of that nature. If you’ve played enough EA games then you know what I’m saying is true, games that plan to have server wipe list it in the details as a forewarning to players who may be interested in playing.  Atlas did not, they panicked and seen no other way to fix the issues they had without wiping the servers. Now as a precautionary step they are saying this is the 1st wipe and there may be more if needed.

Actually, I just made all that up, I have no idea what takes place to be honest but it sounded good.

Edited by Daemon Cross

16 hours ago, pvg103breda said:

u need to farm, tame and build aswell, to find bugs. how u gonna find bugs/exploits without investing much time?...so yes, people are investing their time.....this stuff wasnt the case with ark. u cant spawn in the game and log out after 5 minutes. servers got only wiped 1 time!

Man you are supposed to find bugs on live servers. It´s early access. During this PTR they only need to test MAJOR changes of the game which means the claim system and war system. They can´t push this patch to live servers with major bugs in these 2 areas while they really can with bugs in tames 😉 

Edited by Willard

I keep seeing messages of some PTR before major update. Those messages from players only. Were there any that kind of messages from DEVs? (I mean those about march-20 will bring PTR and after a week there will be live).

Just now, George Catcher said:

I keep seeing messages of some PTR before major update. Those messages from players only. Were there any that kind of messages from DEVs? (I mean those about march-20 will bring PTR and after a week there will be live).

The last Captain's Log states the 20th March will be PTR. Older Captain's Logs stated the wipe would come about a week after PTR.

• Thanks 1