Sign in to follow this  
Talono

Island owners can demolish anyone at any time ?

Is this really true ? If the landlord can „attack“ his slaves at any time... well ok.

But simply walking to the slave base and demolishing everything without even ammo cost is pervert.

If this is really true every human who is not the landlord and lives on an island should visit a doctor to check his mental health.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 2

You keep using that word slave.  I don't think it means what you think it means.

Also, Chicken Little, try phrasing your question in a bit of an hysterical tone.  You might get a reply from the devs that way.

Dude in a pvp Server u have to fight for what's yours. Once u're the landlord of a settlement, u can make your own rules.

If you want to build on a island and be sure to be safe: go for it. Defeat the enemy of the island and build your own fortress. Place towers, bunkers and other defence and start to pray that's enough for the next challanger...

...or simply play on pve.

• Sad 1

Do you make a new thread for every different sentence in the captain’s log? And why can’t you just read what it says. That should be enough for a human brain to understand something. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Percieval said:

Do you make a new thread for every different sentence in the captain’s log? And why can’t you just read what it says. That should be enough for a human brain to understand something. 

As nearly every line in the announcement is pure trash that would not make any sense.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Talono said:

As nearly every line in the announcement is pure trash that would not make any sense.

It is pretty damn clear. If you didn’t take time to read it through and take it in, that’s on you. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Talono said:

Is this really true ? If the landlord can „attack“ his slaves at any time... well ok.

But simply walking to the slave base and demolishing everything without even ammo cost is pervert.

If this is really true every human who is not the landlord and lives on an island should visit a doctor to check his mental health.

It's not all that different from how it works now....

8 minutes ago, Caveat said:

It's not all that different from how it works now....

You can destroy, not demolish it. But I really don't know why I should destroy someone who is paying taxes and helps me maintain my Island. Its beyond logic.

• Settlement owners must set a window of vulnerability, currently set to 9 hours, where their island is raidable. Outside of this window, players, structures and ships will not take damage from other players. 

Don't forget that they will have a literal "god mode" enabled for 15 hours a day. There will be more than one youtube video of someone griefing either to demolish & popcorn to steal resources or to make a harvesting tears video. You literally couldn't design a better game mechanic to support this for content creators. Bunch of gnats screaming in in-game VOIP trying ineffectively to stop the island god from destroying everything they have. Will be some great video's to watch.

1 minute ago, Vurmis said:

Don't forget that they will have a literal "god mode" enabled for 15 hours a day. There will be more than one youtube video of someone griefing either to demolish & popcorn to steal resources or to make a harvesting tears video. You literally couldn't design a better game mechanic to support this for content creators. Bunch of gnats screaming in in-game VOIP trying ineffectively to stop the island god from destroying everything they have. Will be some great video's to watch.

Yet we don’t know what timeframe those 9 hours are falling in. My guess is not every day otherwise war has no use, but we’ll see. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Yet we don’t know what timeframe those 9 hours are falling in. My guess is not every day otherwise war has no use, but we’ll see. 

I thought the island owner sets the time frame. So, not only do you need to find someone that’s a somewhat decent person and doesn’t go around bullying and trolling everyone else on the island you also need to find someone that plays roughly the same time you do. 

1 minute ago, Meerkat said:

I thought the island owner sets the time frame. So, not only do you need to find someone that’s a somewhat decent person and doesn’t go around bullying and trolling everyone else on the island you also need to find someone that plays roughly the same time you do. 

Yes owner sets the time frame. But can raid and war times overlap? If so, that means you can be raided 21 hours per day since Jat said 12 or 24 hours for war and 9 for raids.. 

• Like 1

I agree is sounds exploitable.  Lawless sounds better than some random landlord (least they will need cannons to remove you.)

IDK how it will work but I can speculate with a bit of jest: 

Landowner- Time to pay the upkeep-who shall I destroy this week?

Landowner-I want to make room for X person-I have a lovely spot with bay access- the current tenant can be evicted as we speak.  About that non refundable security deposit.

Are we going to make thin into ark: real estate tycoon?  Are we going to get sub sections of the forums for slumlords and tenants to avoid?

15 minutes ago, Percieval said:

The owner of the settlement sets it. Was discussed in the live feed. 

I was talking about 9 hours per day, per 3 days, per week? That timeframe. I know owner can set it. 

• Like 1

Yes, it's a set 9 hour window every day. The purpose of a war is to expand that to the full 24 hours of the day.

Let's not overlook how easily exploitable the war system is though. Since only one war can be in progress against you at any given time (including the "notification" lead up time, which could be up to a week), you only need to trade wars with an out of game friendly company/alliance (neutral in-game) to become immune to wars. This also doesn't prevent you from declaring additional "real" wars either.

Edit: The one thing not clear about the "war token" is if you pick the involved parties, or if it turns the island into a "free for all" war mode. If the latter, then that's a whole different animal.

Edited by Vurmis

except if you are the settlement that declares the war, you are open for attack from any one during the war. 

1 minute ago, DilBert said:

except if you are the settlement that declares the war, you are open for attack from any one during the war. 

How does that make it better?  A smart Mega company would just puppet raid with a single 123player so they were never at war.

that puppet 123 player has to have a settlement, and that settlement can be took over by anyone during the war. 

I am not interesting to fight for my slaver dominus. I wont stockpile any stuff of interest on my slave pen island.

Valuable loot will be stored on a freeport mule toon.

The slave island will only be settled for safe ship parking and building.

Maybe i take the server in the opposite time zone, so i will be safe of megatribe raids in the evening after work.

Edited by Talono

It's why we're going to be on PvE & lawless lol.

Foundation spam the foundation spammers.

just depends on who gets where first.... or should I say, it depends on who can actually log in amidst the frenzy of connection spamming and 'connection time out' client messages.  You just know that the one dude you know will foundation spam, has a flawless connection from when the on switch is pulled, and I, will repeatedly get TIMEOUT for 6 hours while he fills the island up...

48 minutes ago, DilBert said:

that puppet 123 player has to have a settlement, and that settlement can be took over by anyone during the war. 

puppet 123 will have a settlement supplied by said mega company.  If taken over mega company can prohibitive another.

When you say it can be taken over:  If I was a megacompany guess who would all be on that island of player123 ..........that megacompany with nothing to actually loose and only build up when war was said.  Be a smart move.

40 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

It's why we're going to be on PvE & lawless lol.

Foundation spam the foundation spammers.

just depends on who gets where first.... or should I say, it depends on who can actually log in amidst the frenzy of connection spamming and 'connection time out' client messages.  You just know that the one dude you know will foundation spam, has a flawless connection from when the on switch is pulled, and I, will repeatedly get TIMEOUT for 6 hours while he fills the island up...

I am not sure how well foundation spamming will work with the structure decay. If the range of that auto-repair box is very low they could have solved the spamming issue.

1 hour ago, Talono said:

I am not sure how well foundation spamming will work with the structure decay. If the range of that auto-repair box is very low they could have solved the spamming issue.

if it has to be attached to the actual structure and auto-repair box is limited per player it will indeed.