trak74

Salvaging Sunken Ships

Just curious if any1 knows how to salvage ships that are sunk? We had a sloop die next to us, but cant salvage it, hitting it with a pickaxe does nothing. Also, any1 know if we can use water reservoirs without lakes?

I have, but doesnt seem to do anythign when I hit the ship with a pick, am i doing something wrong?

3 minutes ago, trak74 said:

I have, but doesnt seem to do anythign when I hit the ship with a pick, am i doing something wrong?

Oh you mean like ship material harvesting? You have the diving suit and everything? I thought that all chests that were locked on the ship would open when it sunk so you could get everything from the chests. I’m not sure if you can harvest the ship itself, does it says so anywhere ingame? 

Not sure about harvesting the ship, I thought that you could, otherwise there will forever be a ship there, bad for server load.

2 minutes ago, trak74 said:

Not sure about harvesting the ship, I thought that you could, otherwise there will forever be a ship there, bad for server load.

The ship has no decay or something? Because there will be many ship battles out on sea which people will never salvage. 

1 minute ago, trak74 said:

Not that Ive seen, been a shipwreck next to me for a few days

Then I’m out of ideas. If you found how to salvage it could you please share it with us? 

• Like 1

I cant figure it out either. i tried hand, tools and even a diving equip just for the case that you need to be inside a suit to salvage.

No chance to get any materials because all wrecks still belong to company´s

Any Dev comment maybe?

So it looks like you need to build the diving platform, attach it to the side of your ship, then open the inventory of the diving platform and place oil in it's inventory slot. Similar to how you use the dinghy on the dinghy dock.

I tried it with diving platform, still does not work on ships that belong to other companys. The wreck is still in their posession

Hold E then demolish. If its a ramshackled sloop from freeport you will not get anything but other ships you will. No skills are needed.

6 minutes ago, Arlie said:

Hold E then demolish. If its a ramshackled sloop from freeport you will not get anything but other ships you will. No skills are needed.

Yeah, people are drastically misreporting that you need a skill. Like you said, hold E on the plank and demolish - no hitting with picks or anything.

To note, there are a few SCENERY piece wrecks on islands that you cannot harvest. Usually they're propped up on land already.

The skill increases the drop of stuff from around 30% to around 75%.

About this , does anyone knows how to remove the icon of sunken ships of map ...

if they won’t desappear with all the battles , soon our map will be overloaded with icons 

8 minutes ago, Quilleute said:

About this , does anyone knows how to remove the icon of sunken ships of map ...

if they won’t desappear with all the battles , soon our map will be overloaded with icons 

From what I've seen they disappear after several days. 

You probably came across ramshackle which cannot be salvaged.If anything other equip diving suit/platform,put some oil in it and dive.

On 12/25/2018 at 2:01 AM, trak74 said:

Just curious if any1 knows how to salvage ships that are sunk? We had a sloop die next to us, but cant salvage it, hitting it with a pickaxe does nothing. Also, any1 know if we can use water reservoirs without lakes?

I believe that if you are in a PvE enviroment you can not salvage player ships but PvP you can? I haven't tried to do salvaging yet

You can salvage player wrecks in PVE. It is a great source of repair materials. Swim down, hit E and demolish various things. If they never came back you can often salvage what they were carrying too. We got 5k gold off a wreck the other day. Either we beat them to it, or they just forgot they had the gold on it.

On 2/4/2019 at 9:33 AM, Quilleute said:

You guys must be doing a lot of fighting, or had a bunch of ships sunk in your harbor.  They do disappear after a while, but it's good that they stick around for a while.  if you see a lot of your company's ships sunk in an area of the map, you know that is a high risk area. 

I do, however, think there should be an option to either remove them from your map, or just turn them off, so that you can see what's under the wreck icon.  Same for beds.  I placed a marker on the map, but could not see exactly where it was, because the area was covered in beds.  I would like a toggle for those.  Certainly you don't want them to be gone, when you need to respawn, but when you are just exploring the Atlas map by hitting i, and then Atlas, it would be nice to be able to toggle them off, to see what's under them.  Same for ships.

Helpful hint, use numpad 8 and you wont have to access inventory first for the Atlas.

I am pretty sure once you salvage all of the ship the icon will disappear.

Use "E" to demo chests and storage boxes then take the bag that falls out for the goodies.

I had one of our ships sink in our harbor the first week after the wipe. It was fully salvaged and the wreck is long gone, but the icon on the map is still there. A tombstone forever marking its grave and getting in the way of selecting beds.