Sign in to follow this  
Skinner NA PVE

Forum wipe?

the forums as will the WIKI could be wiped, since the relaunch will change too much stuff, folks will get lost trying to decide are we talking about Atlas I or Atlas II

1 hour ago, Pirate Hawkins said:

the forums as will the WIKI could be wiped, since the relaunch will change too much stuff, folks will get lost trying to decide are we talking about Atlas I or Atlas II

I'm excited for Atlas 76.

• Haha 3

Didn’t happen at ARK, won’t happen here. There literally no reason why to do it do why bother even making this thread. 

10 hours ago, Percieval said:

Didn’t happen at ARK, won’t happen here. There literally no reason why to do it do why bother even making this thread. 

the basic code of ark did not change, the basic code of atlas II is complete relaunch

3 hours ago, Pirate Hawkins said:

the basic code of ark did not change, the basic code of atlas II is complete relaunch

Hm not sure. When they launched ascension they did a lot of recoding with the vulcano etc. Same happens here but on a large scale, hence the huge map.

19 hours ago, Skinner NA PVE said:

Could use a forum wipe too. Seems 95% of things discussed previously are irrelevant now.

Jeez you guys need help.

5 hours ago, Pirate Hawkins said:

No its not.

1 hour ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Jeez you guys need help.

No its not.

ummm ... yes it is, claim system rewrote from scratch removed from PVE, PVP system complete rewrite, grids modified, PVE tax system removed and all code for it, new maintenance code for PVE, Discovery system rewrote

20 hours ago, Pirate Hawkins said:

Wiping the wiki is a pretty bad idea. People can update it and still keep past changes noted. It's not a problem if it's outdated for a short period of time.

Just now, Writhes said:

Wiping the wiki is a pretty bad idea. People can update it and still keep past changes noted. It's not a problem if it's outdated for a short period of time.

so a new person buys the game and starts the day after relaunch , goes to the WIKI after creating a new char and reads about placing a PVE clam flag and spends the rest of the day trying to figure out why F1 no longer works?

1 minute ago, Pirate Hawkins said:

so a new person buys the game and starts the day after relaunch , goes to the WIKI after creating a new char and reads about placing a PVE clam flag and spends the rest of the day trying to figure out why F1 no longer works?

It's not much different than the wiki being a complete blank slate on day 1. What you are saying is a good case for why people should try to keep it updated but not so much a good case to delete information stored on the site.

5 minutes ago, Writhes said:

It's not much different than the wiki being a complete blank slate on day 1. What you are saying is a good case for why people should try to keep it updated but not so much a good case to delete information stored on the site.

so, you're saying bad, wrong, incorrect, misleading, false, incorrect data is great so long as it stays online... 

please tell us you do not edit the WIKI

2 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

No offense but if people "need" a wiki for a game they bought the same day they shouldn't be playing games in the first place, It's supposed to be an MMO, people should enjoy at least the first days or weeks of it without having to go looking up details unless you really get stuck or the tutorial lacks alot of information (like Atlas' tutorial). Can you imagine those google-everything-at-day-one-gamers touching an old game like Majora's Mask when there is an internet outage?

so we do away with Reddit? discord? fan sites? in game chat? 

9 minutes ago, Pirate Hawkins said:

so, you're saying bad, wrong, incorrect, misleading, false, incorrect data is great so long as it stays online... 

please tell us you do not edit the WIKI

That's how wikis work my friend. Information becomes outdated and people update it. Wikis are not meant to specifically used as game guides. They are meant to store information.

the Atlas wiki right now is almost completely useless, mainly because of lack of data, and that reason is because no one updates it, now even fewer will do 

23 hours ago, Skinner NA PVE said:

Could use a forum wipe too. Seems 95% of things discussed previously are irrelevant now.

I have way too many pearls of wisdom on here. Wiping the forums would be very detrimental for anyone that hasn’t read my posts yet

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Pirate Hawkins said:

But the basic code of Atlas is the basic code of Ark

15 hours ago, Huck Finnley said:

But the basic code of Atlas is the basic code of Ark

basic code of all games are the same if you want to go that far into the sewer

you can only write it so many ways, as in one way

1. load and prepare the game level (score is set to 0, lives is set to 5, the enemies are generated and placed in the scene, the main character is placed in the scene, the ammo is set to 100, and finally the scene is rendered)
  2. start playing soundtrack music
  4. do main loop
  5. if (the user pressed a key) then do the specific action depending on the key (e.g. move main character, jump main character, shot the weapon)
  6. calculate the AI and move + animate the enemies
  7. render scene and the UI (score, lives, ammo, etc)
  8. while (the main character still has lives) or (the main character didn't finish the level) or (the user didn't exit or restart the game)
  10. if (the main character died) then display game lost screen
  11. else if (the main character won) then display game won screen
  12. else if (the main user restarted the game) then a new game using the same level is initiated
  13. else display the game main menu

22 hours ago, Pirate Hawkins said:

the Atlas wiki right now is almost completely useless, mainly because of lack of data, and that reason is because no one updates it, now even fewer will do 

well thats bullshit. I wrecked a lot of ships that came to my grid (when i still played) to farm bamboo because someone put my grid in the wiki and was 1 of 2 places mentioned so i got a lot of traffic... and a lot of loot 😛

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

Why in the hell would you wipe the forums, wiki and Reddit?.. there is still a lot of good information and discussions here. Oi! Some people just want everything to burn if something isn't going their way.

What a STUPID post......

On 3/1/2019 at 5:53 PM, Jozzie McTowel said:

To be honest it won't matter much as this game has received a fatal blow with yesterdays dev stream, it's only gonna bleed out until wipe to do a dead cat bounce and lay still.

"Dead Cat Bounce" sounds like the name of really good blues album you found in the back of the music store on a vinyl and now can't wait to tell everyone you know about.