Bolognapwny

Server Wipe

Server Wipe  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Should they Wipe PVP servers

• Yes
    • No

Okay, this entertains me. A dude who has consistently slammed PVE players who were complaining that they couldn't get land by telling them to man up, play PVP where they could just take the land they needed, had his land taken (granted, though a stupid mechanic) so he wants a wipe...and lashes out at people who don't agree with him, claiming they're just voting that way for attention in an anonymous poll... Bravo, sir.

He's hardcore! He's hardcore!

6 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

So many trolls on this forum its not even a respectable poll... ugh... POS's voting no just to for some attention.

You call people POS because they don't vote the way you think?

I admit my PVP toon in on the shelf and I've been on PVE, just because I don't think the game is ready for good PVP just yet. But I don't see a wipe as the best way to deal with the issues. Many ways of fixing issues could be put in place without pissing off everyone else.

• Like 1

Just now, Buck Rider said:

You call people POS because they don't vote the way you think?

I admit my PVP toon in on the shelf and I've been on PVE, just because I don't think the game is ready for good PVP just yet. But I don't see a wipe as the best way to deal with the issues. Many ways of fixing issues could be put in place without pissing off everyone else.

WTF are you even talking about... my god you shouldn't even communicate with people.

Its early access... Wipe it... wipe it alllll the time.... who gives a flying @#$@#$@#$@#$@#$@#$#@$#

They need to get territorial claim system down... before they ever even focus on anything else... if you can't get the basic fundamentals down... you don't need to work on anything else because it wont matter.  Its honestly not even a debate... this is the most common sense shit I have ever seen... but I forget there are people in this world that voted for AOC....

• Confused 1

I doubt my group is the only group that has stopped playing this game until there is a smaller tribe server or PvP is fixed and wiped.  Being forced to be in a mega tribe to enjoy the game is a catch-22.  More boats, more structures, less fps is not good.  This game can't even handle the big raids or battles, so why funnel everyone to play that way?  I can't even imagine what the game is like for people that don't have good specs on their PC's.  Great game, hopefully it can rebound like Ark did with small tribe servers, and doesn't go the Dark and Light route with 300 active players.  There's under 1700 players on NA-PvP now and the game can't even handle that...  Naked flag claiming is what this game is now and that is just not fun for anyone.

• Like 1

I've been trying to figure out what a flying @#$@#$@#$@#$@#$@#$#@$# is. With how the normal way to mask swearing is 1 symbol for each letter, all I can come up with is 'antidisetablishment'. Anyone have any better ideas?

• Like 1

ofc they need to wipe it WITH landclaimchange&offline protection!! without that its pointless

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AvengingMyOwn said:

I doubt my group is the only group that has stopped playing this game until there is a smaller tribe server or PvP is fixed and wiped.  Being forced to be in a mega tribe to enjoy the game is a catch-22.  More boats, more structures, less fps is not good.  This game can't even handle the big raids or battles, so why funnel everyone to play that way?  I can't even imagine what the game is like for people that don't have good specs on their PC's.  Great game, hopefully it can rebound like Ark did with small tribe servers, and doesn't go the Dark and Light route with 300 active players.  There's under 1700 players on NA-PvP now and the game can't even handle that...  Naked flag claiming is what this game is now and that is just not fun for anyone.

Aye, the naked flag claim spam is a ridiculous mechanic and needs to be done away with. And yeah, I'm hoping they implement a hex grid based claim system to prevent overlaps and just do a land wipe, while keeping player data/companies/discovery points, on both sets of servers.

The problem wasn't the message, it was the messenger. The person who has consistently dumped on PVE  players, and told them Man up, nancy, play pvp and take land, and blamed PvE players for every shite thing in the game, losing his land to garbage mechanics and blowing his top is really some delicious irony. Now, to top it off, insulting people because they don't share his opinion, and, hell, even the people who do agree with the wipe will probably vote against the wipe on this poll, just because his responses are more entertaining than anything the poll could ever hope to accomplish.

You catch more flies with honey than you do with a toxic waste dump.

Edited by MeatSammich
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

... but I forget there are people in this world that voted for AOC....

This is about numbers and facts, not political affiliation. I love politics and follow them daily, some of us are sicker than others.

I hate to tell you this, becuase it might upset you. Some 60-70% of Americans agree with her position on several/most key issues (various reputable polls). It was a foregone conclusion that she would unseat Joe. Only on Fox news was that even a shocker, I could see that comming 2000 miles away from the otherside of the country.

Its just a stark contrast becuase your post was spot on up untill then.

So yeah, almost everything you said. 

Oh and if I were a betting man, reguardless of affiliation, I'd ride money on her being the first Madam President sometime in the next 20 years. 

-CS

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

So many trolls on this forum its not even a respectable poll... ugh... POS's voting no just to for some attention.

I think you are the troll man

2 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

WTF are you even talking about... my god you shouldn't even communicate with people.

Its early access... Wipe it... wipe it alllll the time.... who gives a flying @#$@#$@#$@#$@#$@#$#@$#

They need to get territorial claim system down... before they ever even focus on anything else... if you can't get the basic fundamentals down... you don't need to work on anything else because it wont matter.  Its honestly not even a debate... this is the most common sense shit I have ever seen... but I forget there are people in this world that voted for AOC....

The way you respond to stuff basically makes no one care about what you say.  Like a child not getting his way or something.

21 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

I think you are the troll man

The way you respond to stuff basically makes no one care about what you say.  Like a child not getting his way or something.

Thanks man what a thoughtful input from someone I truly care about.

9 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

Thanks man what a thoughtful input from someone I truly care about.

LoL this response only further proves my point.   You are just upset because you put up a poll expecting everyone vote yes but majority voted no.  Now you are mad.  Looks like majority of the community on this poll doesn't think there should be a wipe.  Get over it.  

3 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

LoL this response only further proves my point.   You are just upset because you put up a poll expecting everyone vote yes but majority voted no.  Now you are mad.  Looks like majority of the community on this poll doesn't think there should be a wipe.  Get over it.  

Exactly man it was to prove a point, that these forums are filled with people that don't have this games best interest in mind.  A wipe and claim system re-vamp are in dire need.  Anyone voting or saying the opposite is a troll.

Just now, Bolognapwny said:

Exactly man it was to prove a point, that these forums are filled with people that don't have this games best interest in mind.  A wipe and claim system re-vamp are in dire need.  Anyone voting or saying the opposite is a troll.

So you put up a poll to get peoples opinion only to tell the people that disagree with you that they are trolls and are wrong because they disagree with you.  So basically your saying what you believe is right is right and anyone else with thinks otherwise is a troll or incompetent.  Wow dude! Listen to yourself man.  Maybe a wipe is needed but the way you talk to people certainly is not helping your cause man.   

well I can tell you that 50% of the no voters don't think about the server futures and some maybe don't even know about a new landclaimsystem coming soon.

If they chance the claimsystem with upkeep or whatever that won't have a positive effect without a serverwipe

I think they said they are also going to put other limitations as well.  Besides just an upkeep.  Hopefully this will help as well

With the upcoming changes, especially to claims and the upkeep cost, there is no way in hell that the top companies are going to be prepared for that upkeep cost. The best thing for the developers to do, is wipe all official and start fresh so that the upkeep cost can be closely examined and balanced as needed as the new world of official starts growing. Its going to be a huge change for players, so have a map wipe is the easiest way to monitor the situation.

If the upkeep costs gets added to everything without a map wipe, these forums are going to get blasted and the devs are going to get pressured.

• Like 1

I see a lot of posts about server wipes. Maybe the devs should start an official strawpoll so that every player can vote if he wants a wipe or not to settle this discussions.

I'm fine with both as long as they just wipe the servers but keep the player levels/ stats. Leveling up this high again would be a pain in the a'**.

i don't get how ppl would want a wipe...the claim system has to work so companies can't just hold unneeded claims so it will regulate itself soon after the changes are made. a wipe would not help anything if it is not this way and if it is this way why punish those playing daily? 😛

1 minute ago, Xenom said:

i don't get how ppl would want a wipe...the claim system has to work so companies can't just hold unneeded claims so it will regulate itself soon after the changes are made. a wipe would not help anything if it is not this way and if it is this way why punish those playing daily? 😛

The upkeep system is going to be a huge change and depending on how much information they release on it, I doubt any players will be ready for it. For anyone that has 50 claims (which is small IMO) the cost could be a huge amount and not be ready for it. On top of that, how is the upkeep system going to choose what claims are going to disappear, especially if you have multiple bases in different servers? For example, I have a main island claim (a small one, maybe 30 claims or so) I have a small farming outpost at an allies claim off server and I have a whaling outpost up north that has about 15 claims. If I can't keep the upkeep cost, how is the system going to determine which claims are taken down?

It is easier for there to be a server wipe so that players, as they expand, can monitor the cost to maintain the upkeep of what they currently have and plan for the future. What you are asking for is that is for the upkeep system to be dumped into the game and everyone being forced to stop playing the game to figure out what they wanna do with the new upkeep system. At the end of the day, official is going to be wiped eventually, the best time to do it is a major change to how the claims work.

17 minutes ago, reapo said:

The upkeep system is going to be a huge change and depending on how much information they release on it, I doubt any players will be ready for it. For anyone that has 50 claims (which is small IMO) the cost could be a huge amount and not be ready for it. On top of that, how is the upkeep system going to choose what claims are going to disappear, especially if you have multiple bases in different servers? For example, I have a main island claim (a small one, maybe 30 claims or so) I have a small farming outpost at an allies claim off server and I have a whaling outpost up north that has about 15 claims. If I can't keep the upkeep cost, how is the system going to determine which claims are taken down?

It is easier for there to be a server wipe so that players, as they expand, can monitor the cost to maintain the upkeep of what they currently have and plan for the future. What you are asking for is that is for the upkeep system to be dumped into the game and everyone being forced to stop playing the game to figure out what they wanna do with the new upkeep system. At the end of the day, official is going to be wiped eventually, the best time to do it is a major change to how the claims work.

how about let's say a timer of a few days where you can "mark to pay upkeep" those that you want to keep and after that time the upkeep is activated and all not marked are lost. similar to what they did with the build allowance system... a wipe is just a slap in the face for most and i'd say most really asking for a wipe are not really playing. i still think that wiping a game like atlas would be very devastating to the playerbase and i would like to see it grow with good patches over time.

besides all this fuss about the claim system i think the easy mode offline raiding drove away far more than the claim system.

• Like 1