phelysarrian

My experience of Atlas

First things logging in today

1-  Tame or ship? -- a litlte bit of FU for you today!!

20190214175748_1a.jpg.049e8ddcdccded41b2cbe1bf74e128c6.jpg

2- And ... how about a little more FU? - 9 snakes on my a**

20190214180856_1a.jpg.96908c8af74759fdc2108e72b9ab826b.jpg

Heard this game was from an ARK sister company... I think they meant the UGLY sister.

Come on ... In the last 2 days I already lost 3 bears and many other tames from glitches and now that!! 

I noticed a x3 taming on the start page, how about making it permanent to compensate for never tested software. Early access or not, this is basically testing you own code ...

EDIT:

The bear got out after I removed the deck around it, a hull plank (had to use several over time  to stop the thing to sink) and let the bear on wandering for sometime... Great - BUT...

It is now dead because it failed to get on board and sank like a stone while it was on follow... That was my 4th one... this is not a bug it is just another FU in your face sucker! 

if I sell a crappy pile of code like that to any of my customers, without any minimum level of test, I can close the shop. 

Edited by phelysarrian
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, phelysarrian said:

Early access or not, this is basically testing you own code ...

They have come right out and said basically this.  They are still in early development, and we're alpha testing the game.

Yeah most of us are constantly frustrated with one thing or another, we keep making post and suggestions and they keep making hot fixes and giving us 2x resources and taming to make up for untested patches, the only way this game gets better is with a core group that is going to deal with the game as it is and continue to make suggestions and keep waiting for them to figure out how to fix or what to fix based on that all along trying to get the game to its full release standings. 

It is a slow process but you can look over patch notes to see what they’ve done thus far to try and make things better 

• Like 1

If we are alpha testing and you want to push the system to see what people can create/break/find in the game then set everything to ultra easy so we can really max stuff out. At least then we can recovery quickly are not constantly punished by losing hours upon hours of work because of improper testing and coding. What's even more frustrating is most of these issues existed in ARK and have been fixed but apparently they are working off some old code? Makes no sense. So far this game is far behind the curve and I don't see it ever reaching it's potential with the attitude and lack of consideration so far from this company.

Edited by Sydhart

If you make the game super easy then how do you figure out what needs addressed. The game runs fine for most, there are issues of course but no one playing a early access doesn’t expect it to be perfect. A lot of people have complaints and a lot of people have decided to wait until it’s out of early access before playing it or at least giving a 2nd chance. There are people who want to be part of the game as it develops and some can’t find land so they build a ship and call that their base and sail around living the pirate life. We’ve all lost ships, land and tames who currently play, I lost claims because I started a new character with the same company name, same character name but the game wouldn’t recognize me as being the owner, I have multiple screenshots of tames bouncing off through the sky and alphas inside stone buildings, I’ve went back to ships that has been sunk during lag spikes and things I had no control over just to salvage some materials. 

I’m not saying the game is easy or the developers are working endless to fix known issues because we all know they are not, we all know it’s early access and it’s going to take some time, so we enjoy what we can and complain about the rest.

So the question is what are you going to do ?

• Like 1

It doesn't necessarily make sense to jack up rates of everything just to allow players to mass produce.  balance adjustments come from keeping rates at base level and making adjustments as needed.  One example of this is the adjustment made to the base gather rate after the first 2.5x harvesting event.  We likely never would have seen that if people didn't ask for it after that event ended and the gather speed was unbearably slow.

1 hour ago, Daemon Cross said:

If you make the game super easy then how do you figure out what needs addressed. The game runs fine for most, there are issues of course but no one playing a early access doesn’t expect it to be perfect

I understand your point but every 2 days is like getting back to starting point, no progress in anyways of the game. So if not made easier or at least faster, then it is just the same things over and over and it goes nowhere and it gets extremely boring.

1 hour ago, Sydhart said:

If we are alpha testing the damned game then set everything to ultra easy so we can really max shit out and so we are not constantly punished by losing hours upon hours of work because of their crappy code! What's even more frustrating is most of these issues existed in ARK and have been fixed but apparently they are working off some old code? Makes no sense. So far this game is junk and I don't see it ever reaching it's potential with the attitude and lack of consideration so far from this company.

You can always opt out of being their beta tester.

Or do what I did and play on a private server with the boosted rates that you want.

Another post from someone who did not bother to read the "what is early access" part on the steam page. It tells you that the game is in a playable testing phase. Even goes as far as to tell you to wait and not buy it if you can not accept it is not a finalised version. 

7 hours ago, phelysarrian said:

First things logging in today

1-  Tame or ship? -- a litlte bit of FU for you today!!

20190214175748_1a.jpg.049e8ddcdccded41b2cbe1bf74e128c6.jpg

2- And ... how about a little more FU? - 9 snakes on my a**

20190214180856_1a.jpg.96908c8af74759fdc2108e72b9ab826b.jpg

Heard this game was from an ARK sister company... I think they meant the UGLY sister.

Come on ... In the last 2 days I already lost 3 bears and many other tames from glitches and now that!! 

I noticed a x3 taming on the start page, how about making it permanent to compensate for never tested software. Early access or not, this is basically testing you own code ...

EDIT:

The bear got out after I removed the deck around it, a hull plank (had to use several over time  to stop the thing to sink) and let the bear on wandering for sometime... Great - BUT...

It is now dead because it failed to get on board and sank like a stone while it was on follow... That was my 4th one... this is not a bug it is just another FU in your face sucker! 

if I sell a crappy pile of code like that to any of my customers, without any minimum level of test, I can close the shop. 

Welcome to the club mate, I've lost another bear today, logged in and its vanished into thin air, there was no escape yet it did a Houdini.

Said it before and ill say it again, they are out of their depth with this game.

What I find amusing about this/all early access games, is folks coming in wanting to the game to be perfect from the go. Sorry folks, thats not how this works. You get bugs, you report them, you wait. 

If you're wanting an almost perfect game, i'd suggest uninstall and wait until the actual release comes out.

7 hours ago, SouthernReb1981 said:

What I find amusing about this/all early access games, is folks coming in wanting to the game to be perfect from the go. Sorry folks, thats not how this works. You get bugs, you report them, you wait. 

If you're wanting an almost perfect game, i'd suggest uninstall and wait until the actual release comes out.

Oh I would certainly agree if it was free to play, when you pay money you expect some kind of customer service to at least deal with griefers. We all get it's EA but that same excuse to not deal with exploiters doesn't wash with me I'm afraid.

They want people just to test bugs and not bother on the customer service side? Fine, give the game out for free and charge for it later.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Oh I would certainly agree if it was free to play, when you pay money you expect some kind of customer service to at least deal with griefers. We all get it's EA but that same excuse to not deal with exploiters doesn't wash with me I'm afraid.

They want people just to test bugs and not bother on the customer service side? Fine, give the game out for free and charge for it later.

i share ur opinion.

Edited by Lailyn
bla bla

Have you all looked at Ashes of Creation, it's an MMO that alot of people where looking forward to playing, I was giving the opportunity to play it in it's Beta stages, it was only going to cost 500.00 and I think now I can still join but the price is something like 75.00 and you get one month of game time.   In all honesty I haven't been following it for sometime now, it may have already released but in comparison to this one being released at 1/2 price until is comes out of EA..... Well I spend more money on Monster Energy drinks in a month then I have on what it's cost me to play this game since Jan. 2nd.  

We all want the game to be a certain way and if you look through the forums and compare the patch notes you'll see that the developers do hear us, they do try to implement some changes

Do crazy stuff.

I think it's a mistake to play an EA game seriously, spending a ton of time creating and building things and expecting them to persist.  When you read on the forums that people are having a terrible time trying to breed animals,  keep their tames, hang onto huge ships if they have griefing neighbors, why bother dedicating yourself to that before it's fixed?  You'll only drive yourself crazy.  Do it casually if you like, with an attitude of, "Oh, I guess I'll try this today".    If it's still there in a week, that's great!  If not, then do something else.  Take a long sail (on a raft :classic_laugh:),  have a flotsam collecting contest with bonus points for who gets popped most by SOTDs.    Sail through some zone where everybody is heads down slaving away at building something like it's their job, and sing a song in general chat.    Collect 10 other silly people, put them all in armor painted pink and go visit other islands, telling them you're from Mary Kay and they've won a free makeover.

If you've already built all the big ships and bases, tamed all the animals and got all the powerstones, what is there left to do when things are finally fixed and actually fun to accomplish?

Remember, nobody expects a Spanish Inquisition...so show up uninvited and unexpected and give them one.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 1:49 PM, Winter Thorne said:

Remember, nobody expects a Spanish Inquisition...so show up uninvited and unexpected and give them one.

with that in mind..we found the Spanish Inquisition the other day whilst treasure hunting , gave us a good giggle 😛  if unexpected

• Haha 1