Sign in to follow this  
Keira

Bizarre Glitch?? Boat went for a joyride

Did the most recent update. 
1 bear glitched in and out like a flashing light.
1 bull disappeared completely.

I BRIGANTINE disappeared completely. It has not shown up in logs as destroyed. Bull has not shown up as dead.

Meanwhile I had a stranger running around my place, very very odd. Coincidence?
I took bear for a run whilst freaking out, to see if boat was maybe in another place. He glitched and fell into a rock hole. (Still there...)
I died to get out of hole.

I notice that boat bed is on the border of the next map, half a map tile away. I spawn on it. Nobody is sailing it. It's still ANCHORED, in the deep middle of nowhere. The missing bull is treading water to one side; on the other, there is a whale but meters away.  I tried to whistle the bull; no luck. I've seen enough horror stories about the whales, and so I decide to potentially sacrifice the bull as the Brig is worth a lot. We're a little company of just a few players. I cross back into the home tile and am beset by an unusual amount of SOTD who start to pelt the Brig, from distance (no aggro had been made - I was not close enough!!!!); and the ship takes damage. The SOTD pursue, as more and more spawn. Really bloody strange, especially as we're almost at shore. They disappeared in a wink, which was also really peculiar.

I managed to get the ship back, albeit with some heavy damage. 
Thing is, it should never have occurred, and I wonder if anyone else has had strange spawny glitchy joyride boats and such happening, whether it is to do with the new update, or whether there is something foul afoot...

20190208153222_1.jpg

We had one of ours do the same last weekend. Unfortunately we lost it, and another we sailed down in the attempt to recover it, to whales.

I was teleported, along with the horse I was riding, to the middle of the ocean on restart. Bye bye my upgraded intelligence armor... 

We had a similar glitch. My friend reported that one of our brigs was missing (was anchored behind 2 other ships, a brig and a galleon):

So i logged on to check it out and since i was in a different grid i was like "But its there!" - tried to fast travel to the bed and poof greenscreen and ended up dead in the water.

unknown.png

Rechecked my map and lo and behold, it was gone.

unknown.png

Found it a few minutes later on the border to the south of us:

unknown.png

Needless to say it was not there for either of us until after i tried to fast travel to it.

Moved to it and it was anchored, luckily for us no SotD or other crap was around but we had to dodge the usual storms on the way back with it.

They really need to fix this since its quite literally gamebreaking especially for smaller companies that dont have the luxury of having multiple ships.

Had a schooner just disappear from the pier.  Looked on the map, it was at the zone border.  Fortunately,  I was able to fast travel to it, raised the anchor, and sailed it home.

Same happen to me 2 updates back surrounded by SOD  and lost animals....I understand it's alpha but the amount loss is starting to take it's toll . So many bugs I don't even no where to start after last update. 560 hours me and my crew seriously about to give up on an Alpha for the first time in our gaming history together.

So it's not just me then. I was sailing in between islands on the same grid in the middle of the map when all the sudden it said "Traveling to K7", and there I was right in the middle of a cyclone storm with a SoD. Fortunately, it put me near the zone wall so I was able to get back across before things got any worse but it was definitely a WTF moment. 

I also had tames and NPCs seemingly vanish with no death messages in the logs. This game just gets weirder and weirder. 

Thanks guys - I was wondering if this poor guy who was hanging around had ill intent. Just bad timing on his behalf. We're a tiny group too, with really just 3 of us who get any time to put into the game. To have our Brig just disappear like that, with our entire treasure (now since split between base and the two crappy little boats) in peril for a glitch, just seems like really bad coding. The screenshot OSTJAEVEL posted is EXACTLY like how I discovered my missing Brig - in that over-border space, anchored. No getting the bull back. 

Seems like my glitched out bear will remain in the rocks too. 😞 
I am just about ready to kick out of Alpha, as well. 

To completely honest.  We had one person accidentally kill our rhino so we went out on a search.

The first thing happened was from the SOTD there were just tons of them pelting us left and right. They came from nowhere. Then while my buddy was running around and repairing he glitched right off the boat. This happened probably six or seven times I thought it might have been him. Nope happened to me several times as well. So as of right now any time, we take damage we have to find a place to stop to repair or risk getting launched off the ship. Then there is the constant crashing either loading to a new map or the server locks up for no apparent reason. Also right now the SOTD seem like they have jetpacks strapped to them. They are in the distance then bam right on top of us. Have had some many issues in the last 12 hours of play. We are like as soon as we get back to base we are done. The aggro range is ridiculous now.

Yes it happened to us too the other day, left ship anchored right by our shipyard to go farm, 10 minutes later ship is gone. We look for it on the map and find the ship bed and ship had moved to the border between grids, anchored even though in deep sea.. 

Luckily my friend quickly fast traveled to get the (newly built) ship safely out of there. Phew. It was real lucky we were so fast in noticing, or the ship would have been lost...  

This just happened to our galleon 20 minutes ago. My heart sunk when I looked out my window and it was gone. But then I looked at my map remembering this thread and it was at the border of the next square. So I fast traveled to it and it was anchored in open ocean and in 1 piece, although one of our npc crew was gone. I sailed it home without issues but I couldnt believe it

Edited by jabnlab

This happend to me a few update ago as well.  My brig was a border south.  I was quite sure I anchored it.  Now I measure it was a glitch.