Sign in to follow this  
Paraziti

To Few slots in Smithy

Ark did that quite often.  They like to tease.  🙂  Is it actually worth building?  It probably just has more durability.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paraziti said:

so i was farming for the Blueprint: Masterwork Large Shipyard , i got everything, i took my time to put it all in smithy, guess what.... the smithy has to few Slots to hold all the materials for that Blueprint

Just now, Coggage said:

Ark did that quite often.  They like to tease.  🙂  Is it actually worth building?  It probably just has more durability.

Oh no guys. In ark they had blueprints that couldn’t fit as well. This means they are bring in a tek tierish, smithy later on.

god I was hoping they were finally done with that.

its like, ok you guys want something that is a higher tier later on, we get it, that’s cool. Why be stupid and put the blueprint in before the actual “bench”. Jesus Christ wildcard pisses me off.

knock that off already. It’s like you are bringing the worst parts of ark over and leaving the best. What is wrong with you guys.

this is soon going to turn into the ark forums. I am seeing a lot of the same complaints that ark had. WTH guys!

1 minute ago, Luxfere said:

ark fixed that later but they need to correct it here

I totally get you, but no, they shouldn’t have made that mistake in the first place this time around. Now people are waiting for a “tek” bench. Smh

they should have learned. They said they did but they didn’t 

• Like 1

They can just make the smithy enable blue print and then you fill in the blue print and it completes.

2 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

They can just make the smithy enable blue print and then you fill in the blue print and it completes.

Not that simple man, if they are intending to make a higher tier smithy(they are) they won’t do it because then the new smithy won’t matter. 

Believe me, what you are saying makes sense but in order to understand any of this you have to be an ark veteran. 

If you are an ark veteran, you should have seen this coming. It is disappointing yes, but now it is not surprising. They should have learned from last time

2 hours ago, Paraziti said:

nah im like 15 smithy slots shorts more or less

26 slots short on the one I have.

2 hours ago, Paraziti said:

nah im like 15 smithy slots shorts more or less

7 minutes ago, Dags said:

26 slots short on the one I have.

Yeah unfortunately you have to wait about a year or so and then you will be able to make the blueprints. Just how is goes with these guys 

3 hours ago, GyvedGod said:

Maybe blueprints not costing a space in the smithy could dim this issue.

Nah, different problem, this is an ark problem

Just now, Realist said:

Yeah unfortunately you have to wait about a year or so and then you will be able to make the blueprints. Just how is goes with these guys 

Nah will be modded out and I have no interest in official anything from these guys.

21 minutes ago, Dags said:

Nah will be modded out and I have no interest in official anything from these guys.

Ah ok, that makes a lot more sense now. Which is also a good idea, but maybe next time state that as well

It’s purely durability for a shipyard.. not even know why you would try to build it. But yeah pretty stupid they haven’t changed it since ark. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Percieval said:

It’s purely durability for a shipyard.. not even know why you would try to build it. But yeah pretty stupid they haven’t changed it since ark. 

But they learned soooo many lessons from Ark..*eye rolls* 

apparently one of them was not doing basic math on mats and crafting stations before rolling out your product so that you look less skilled at it than a 3rd grader.

Again.

16 hours ago, Paraziti said:

so i was farming for the Blueprint: Masterwork Large Shipyard , i got everything, i took my time to put it all in smithy, guess what.... the smithy has to few Slots to hold all the materials for that Blueprint

Are you playing pve? If so you can and should discard the shipyard blueprint, as increased durability is the only thing this offers. This would only conceivably be useful as far as I can figure in a situation in which creatures are attacking your shipyard and the extra durability gives you the time to deal with it before they destroy it.

If you are playing pvp, pretty much everyone and their brother is gonna tell you to just build defenses around the shipyard, it shouldn't be left vulnerable to attack, and that the extra mats you would use crafting the bp vs a standard would be better used that way.

I'm storing this blueprint for possible future, but right now it's absolutely worthless giving just more durability on the shipyard itself and no buffs for the ships themself.

ZjmJG5V.jpg

I think they should give the smithy a auto folder for base mats fiber, wood, stone, metal. thatch. with a stack of 5k in each folder and if course since they added organic paste to making the now paper stone building block a folder for sugar. and organic paste with 5k amount as well now also should be able to make organic paste in smithy as well

Ship buffs comes from the ship BPs. All structure BPs only add durability and never will anything else.

Most ship BPs will only add durability as well, besides sails, cannons etc.

Wish smithy would work with whats in your personal inventory also.  Then wouldn't have to transfer back and forth.  I like to use smithy as a storage rather than a chest,  and in this case maybe use the slots on yourself for all the thatch or fiber whatever weighs the least.  Still probably isn't enough slots though. 

4 hours ago, Sharana said:

I'm storing this blueprint for possible future, but right now it's absolutely worthless giving just more durability on the shipyard itself and no buffs for the ships themself.

ZjmJG5V.jpg

Who in their right mind would waste that many mats for such a small increase in durability?   Some things just don't make sense in this game.

4 hours ago, Fopfumaster said:

I think they should give the smithy a auto folder for base mats fiber, wood, stone, metal. thatch. with a stack of 5k in each folder and if course since they added organic paste to making the now paper stone building block a folder for sugar. and organic paste with 5k amount as well now also should be able to make organic paste in smithy as well

They already have the ship's resource box.  They should just allow smithies to pull directly from that resource box.

Another problem with the Smithies is that if you have 75 of 75 slots full, and craft something that does not eliminate a stack, you just lost that item to the ether.  It's gone, never to be found.  That's as broken as anything can get.