xenobiaa

Unsatisfying resource cost fix for stone.

We want the cost removed not reduced. just increase the amount of stone thatch wood and fiber you need for stone structures.

• Like 5

I don't mind the paste,  but it should be 1 per damn wall for example.  Not 15 as it is now.  Way too extreme.  I rather it be more metal and less paste

• Like 1

The devs stated multiple times that the idea of the game is that all resources are not available on all islands and that you will need to *GASP* leave your grid to get some stuff.  Some have metal, some don't.  Some have saps, some don't.

You can literally go to a freeport with a bear and get so much sap and make so much paste it's ridiculous.  

Stuff isnt supposed to be right outside your front door.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

You can literally go to a freeport with a bear and get so much sap and make so much paste it's ridiculous.  

Ah, let's see... the nearest freeport to me is 2 grids away. Nice.  In a tundra.  Oh snap... no paste.  Oh I see... half way across the map.  Got it.

44 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

You are absolutely correct. Let me tell you what isn't outside my front door.

Saps.png Saps Honey.png Honey, Coconut.png Gum, Nectar.png Nectar, Sugars.png Sugars, Sugar Cane.png Sugar Cane, Syrup.png Syrup

Group Usable Resources
Coal.png Coal Anthracite.png Anthracite, Coal.png Graphite, Lignite.png Lignite, Nitre.png Nitre, Peat.png Peat, Sulfur.png Sulfur
Tin.png Metal Cobalt.png Cobalt, Copper.png Copper, Iridium.png Iridium, Iron.png Iron, Silver.png Silver, Tin.png Tin
Crystal.png Crystal 20x20px Amethyst, Calcite.png Calcite, Herkimer.png Herkimer, Pearl.png Pearl, Quartz.png Quartz, Tellurite.png Tellurite
Gem.png Gem Diamond.png Diamond, Emerald.png Emerald, 20x20px Garnet, Opal.png Opal, Ruby.png Ruby, Sunstone.png Sunstone
Sea Salt.png Salt Flake Salt.png Flake Salt, Iodine.png Iodine, Kala Namak.png Kala Namak, Pink Salt.png Pink Salt, 20x20px Rock Salt, Sea Salt.png Sea Salt

Group Usable Resources
Brain Coral.png Coral Brain Coral.png Brain Coral, Fire Coral.png Fire Coral

Group Consumable
Vitamin A.pngVitamin A Aloe.png Aloe, Basil.png Basil, Beans.png Beans, Beet.png Beet, Carrot.png Carrot, Celery.png Celery, Chamomile.png Chamomile, Chili.png Chili, Cilantro.png Cilantro, Coconut.png Coconut, 20x20px Egg, Garlic.png Garlic, Maize.png Maize, Mint.png Mint, Oregano.png Oregano, Parsley.png Parsley, Poppy.png Poppy, Potato.png Potato, Rice.png Rice,  Thyme.png Thyme, Turmeric.png Turmeric, Turnip.png Turnip, Wheatgrass.png Wheatgrass, Wild Onion.png Wild Onion, Wild Pepper.png Wild Pepper

Do you get the picture?  I have trees. I have rocks. I have berries out the ass and a miniscule amount of cotton.

I have no tradable RESOURCE on my island.

Since I have nothing to trade for paste or metals, the grind just became worse by a factor of 10, because now, I'm going to not only have to grind the basics on my island (of which fiber is damn near non-existent), now I'm going to have to sail somewhere and grind there too.  And let's not forget that I'm going to have to *GASP* play the SotD/Whale/Hurricane obstacle course game the entire way.

MEANWHILE... all you sun loving bastards in the tropics have all the materials to build... wait for it... right outside your front door.

Come to the tundra and try to survive before you come up with some asinine 'gid gud' post.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mndfreeze said:

OH... I forgot to mention.

I'd like to suggest an experiment to you.  I want you to start a new character.  Hop on your little raft and come to the tundra.  And when you finally find a place to settle down, start building.  But don't build with stone because there's no paste.  Which is a good thing because on your island, there's no metal either and everything you get from rocks is going to go to repairing your tools.  You can just use wood.

Tomorrow when you log in and a wolf has chewed it's way through your wooden walls and floors, eaten you, your bed and the chicken you tamed... you can just jump back to that freeport and dream about taming a bear.

• Like 4

a)  There was no 'git gud' in my post.  Stop being so defensive.  I merely stated what the devs said was part of their design goal.

b) OH GNOES YOU HAVE TO SAIL FARTHER. GASP.  Ships of the damned are fucking easy as fuck to dodge.  You damn near have to kiss em to get agro in a small boat.  SHOCKINGLY you can carry a low level bear even on a SMALL BOAT.  All you need to do is sail to the freeport that has sap. It does NOT take that long to sail multiple grids.  We do it all the time.  We sail to and from the tundra to tropical to desert just about on a daily basis to get resources we need to build things. 

c) Dealing with hurricanes is as simple as having repair materials.  It's not that hard, at all, even solo.

d) move out of the tundra if you don't like the resource spread there and don't want to have to travel to get stuff.  I have to travel TOO the tundra to get things.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Alterrnatively: you can SPAWN on a freeport, quickly grind out 2 ramshackle sloops.  Move them near the sap spawns for that freeport,  storage on one and a fuckload of mortar/pestles on the other. Go farm sap, turn into mass paste.  Only have to sail a single sloop back to base.

Maybe I should make a post about how my island needs mythos because I don't have yetis to farm nearby, or oil nodes.  DEVS I DONT WANT TO LEAVE MY ISLAND FOR OIL. PLZ GIVE TO ME. ITS IMPORTANT.

• Haha 1

It take long time to travel between grids to get what you want . What i plan for a 15 mins sailing end up in nearly an hours cus some unwanted stuffs like ghost ships , storm and friends in company request for support . I don't have much time IRL because of work . 

And because of the change , many actually start to hoard sap and metals to repair so when i arrive at the closest spawn usually there will be none left thus extending my sailing time .

Dealing storm can either be very easy if you near shore but not if you in the middle of ocean and now have to dodge all the cyclone and then have to stop for repair , cost to repair varied between ship type .

If i have to be honest , tundra don't have many thing to worth sailing . Oil and iron can be found on tropical zone already . But we are forced to live in Tundra cus people already claimed the easy to live regions .

Lol the farm paste at free port , it is heavily depend on what port , not all have what i need , plus you still wasting time building sloops and farm while the enemy crafting cannon ball locally and start pounding on your sorry base when you are away looking for Sap .

Edited by kampfer91

56 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Ah, let's see... the nearest freeport to me is 2 grids away. Nice.  In a tundra.  Oh snap... no paste.  Oh I see... half way across the map.  Got it.

You are absolutely correct. Let me tell you what isn't outside my front door.

Saps.png Saps Honey.png Honey, Coconut.png Gum, Nectar.png Nectar, Sugars.png Sugars, Sugar Cane.png Sugar Cane, Syrup.png Syrup

Group Usable Resources
Coal.png Coal Anthracite.png Anthracite, Coal.png Graphite, Lignite.png Lignite, Nitre.png Nitre, Peat.png Peat, Sulfur.png Sulfur
Tin.png Metal Cobalt.png Cobalt, Copper.png Copper, Iridium.png Iridium, Iron.png Iron, Silver.png Silver, Tin.png Tin
Crystal.png Crystal 20x20px Amethyst, Calcite.png Calcite, Herkimer.png Herkimer, Pearl.png Pearl, Quartz.png Quartz, Tellurite.png Tellurite
Gem.png Gem Diamond.png Diamond, Emerald.png Emerald, 20x20px Garnet, Opal.png Opal, Ruby.png Ruby, Sunstone.png Sunstone
Sea Salt.png Salt Flake Salt.png Flake Salt, Iodine.png Iodine, Kala Namak.png Kala Namak, Pink Salt.png Pink Salt, 20x20px Rock Salt, Sea Salt.png Sea Salt

Group Usable Resources
Brain Coral.png Coral Brain Coral.png Brain Coral, Fire Coral.png Fire Coral

Group Consumable
Vitamin A.pngVitamin A Aloe.png Aloe, Basil.png Basil, Beans.png Beans, Beet.png Beet, Carrot.png Carrot, Celery.png Celery, Chamomile.png Chamomile, Chili.png Chili, Cilantro.png Cilantro, Coconut.png Coconut, 20x20px Egg, Garlic.png Garlic, Maize.png Maize, Mint.png Mint, Oregano.png Oregano, Parsley.png Parsley, Poppy.png Poppy, Potato.png Potato, Rice.png Rice,  Thyme.png Thyme, Turmeric.png Turmeric, Turnip.png Turnip, Wheatgrass.png Wheatgrass, Wild Onion.png Wild Onion, Wild Pepper.png Wild Pepper

Do you get the picture?  I have trees. I have rocks. I have berries out the ass and a miniscule amount of cotton.

I have no tradable RESOURCE on my island.

Since I have nothing to trade for paste or metals, the grind just became worse by a factor of 10, because now, I'm going to not only have to grind the basics on my island (of which fiber is damn near non-existent), now I'm going to have to sail somewhere and grind there too.  And let's not forget that I'm going to have to *GASP* play the SotD/Whale/Hurricane obstacle course game the entire way.

MEANWHILE... all you sun loving bastards in the tropics have all the materials to build... wait for it... right outside your front door.

Come to the tundra and try to survive before you come up with some asinine 'gid gud' post.

Being frank, I do consider it weird that some islands have everything or nearly everything while others are barren, but the arctic and tundra are SUPPOSED to be harder. By design. They are the hard mode islands (with a surprising amount of vitC) - if you don't want to be on the hard mode island, well, ships are cheap, so is moving.

It's gotta be one damn idiot at the top making these decisions, or someone so smart they don't have common sense. Houston....we have a problem.....too much lag, too many big buildings. Houston....."lets make it harder to make stone".......later...."well that didn't go as expected.........I can't go back on my decision, it will make me look like an ass (too late), so lets cut the requirement a bit for the stuff they are complaining about. That will satisfy them pain in the arrses."

JUST LIKE ARK, when they are forced to do something one of two things happen. 1. Half ass repair or    2. Ignore it because they know better.

Instead of all this new content, how about concentrating on fixing the problems already in the game like animals coming thru wall or tames and players dropping out of sight into the ground or through a boat, or not being able to tame elephants. Now that would showing how smart you really are. Never did fix that floor thing  in ARK after 4 years. See what we got to look forward to !

40 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

d) move out of the tundra if you don't like the resource spread there and don't want to have to travel to get stuff.  I have to travel TOO the tundra to get things.

Sure thing, you tell me where your claims are and I'll be right there.  Would you mind expediting the process by demolishing them first?

I never thought I would say this.. 

but for once, I agree with the Devs! 

This is an MMO! Everything you need shouldn’t be on your doorstep!! 

Sure, tundra is harder resource wise, but it’s also easier to claim, and quieter. 

I come from a 4 man company, and we made our home in the polar region! As such we are missing most things, even tundra to us is a rich feeding ground!!

so many people screaming “no metal nodes in my sector!!” Poor you!! Get it from the same place I do.. rocks!! 

my point is, dynamic MMO’s have always been about adapting! Atlas is no different. 

Why does everyone expect to have all things available to them in day one? As some say, “I work, I dont have time to do it” this is a poor excuse and your play style needs to adapt. 

For example, crossing the oceans isn’t the impossible task people whine that it is, with a bit of practice it’s relatively easy! Also, we’ve formed trading alliances. We import things we don’t have in exchange for the things we have in abundance. For example, mythos, and stone (from metal mining) 

we adapted to the difficult and harsh environment we chose to settle, and had a great time figuring it all out!

honestly, the level of toxicity and entitlement from people who want endgame in a week is frankly embarrassing! 

You are literally denying yourselves half the game by not branching out and looking for solutions to these problems! I promise you it’s worth it!

Edited by TerrorTrooper

13 minutes ago, TerrorTrooper said:

I never thought I would say this.. 

And the people in the tropics are laughing at your ass all the way to the tax house.

I"m not asking for a handout... equality.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

Just now, Jean Lafitte said:

And the people in the tropics are laughing at your ass all the way to the tax house.

Hardly.. 

after.. you know.. actually sailing around, found plenty low/no tax areas and lawless to mine, and everything else is trade..

3 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

The devs stated multiple times that the idea of the game is that all resources are not available on all islands and that you will need to *GASP* leave your grid to get some stuff.  Some have metal, some don't.  Some have saps, some don't.

The devs also didnt take in effect the amount of cheats the game has either, and the fact that some of the mega tribes are associated with them.

1 minute ago, Sneakydude said:

The devs also didnt take in effect the amount of cheats the game has either, and the fact that some of the mega tribes are associated with them.

That has nothing to do with having to leave your island to get resources using the current planned design or mechanics.

Just now, mndfreeze said:

That has nothing to do with having to leave your island to get resources using the current planned design or mechanics.

I don't mind one bit leaving my island for resources.  I love trading and have done that in other mmo's. But goddammit, gimme something worth fucking trading... do you get the picture????

Just now, mndfreeze said:

Nope they just take over islands, and spawn in what they want and when they want. It has nothing to do with it, but it has everything to do with it. Taking over islands where you have to farm mats, making it impossible to travel to and set foot on by mega tribes to be one shot by cheats has everything to do with the current system too. Like i said the devs could not count on this being a problem either.

1 hour ago, mndfreeze said:

b) OH GNOES YOU HAVE TO SAIL FARTHER. GASP.  Ships of the damned are fucking easy as fuck to dodge.  You damn near have to kiss em to get agro in a small boat. 

You have never been to the tundra, clearly. We dont have SotD... we have SotD in conga-lines. Dont talk about how easy it is to dodge them. Yes, one.. or two.. or 3. But normally in that region we have a LOT at the same time and we have to play frogger to even get through.

We didnt settle in tundra because of the beautiful ambiente. Do you think we sailed past those tropical paradises on the way just thinking "meh, too easy"? With small companies hoggin whole islands and the current claim system it isnt quite as easy as you make it sound. Also, no one was asking for a free pass. But if there are a lot of mats lacking in tundra we either need a resource to trade (we have metric tons of rasperry, but thats it) or we need some sort of sap. Not unheard of to actuallly happen in tundra regions anyway. But hey. We have murderous Mantas, so im not holding my breath.

Here is a good example of what i mean, Company A needs Sap, 0 found on their island, or Metal (found in very low volume) to get any larger quanity they have to travel to mega clans home land. Setting foot gets you killed. Ok lets go to island 2 for sap etc.. Mega clan owns that too.

So by adding in resources like salt, and or sap, metal anything that is not found easy will require you to land on Mega clan island 1 or 2 or 3 to get it. Impossible unless you go as a fleet.

Yes it has everything to do with it and nothing.

I still think the additional addition of sap and metal is stupid, either way you try to better it or break it down. You will be sunk one way or another.

6 minutes ago, Grongash said:

You have never been to the tundra, clearly. We dont have SotD... we have SotD in conga-lines. Dont talk about how easy it is to dodge them. Yes, one.. or two.. or 3. But normally in that region we have a LOT at the same time and we have to play frogger to even get through.

Which is exactly what I'm doing now because I got UTTERLY stupid and decided to see what was at the nearest freeport.  I'm now anchored off some island trying to repair my ship because the winds died down to nothing and I got shot to pieces trying to do the SotD dance.

He's clueless.

6 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

I still think the additional addition of sap and metal is stupid, either way you try to better it or break it down. You will be sunk one way or another.

Thank you.  Prior to this bullshit I was content to go elsewhere and get sap, fiber, crystals, etc.  I traded for them.  Now, instead of having to get ONE item to build with, I have to go find 3 that I don't have.

I pity you guys on PvP servers.  I got a stick shoved up my ass, you guys... you got the whole damned tree.

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grongash said:

We have murderous Mantas, so im not holding my breath.

Wait, you forgot the Galleon smashing whales.

3 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Which is exactly what I'm doing now because I got UTTERLY stupid and decided to see what was at the nearest freeport.  I'm now anchored off some island trying to repair my ship because the winds died down to nothing and I got shot to pieces trying to do the SotD dance.

He's clueless.

Thank you.  Prior to this bullshit I was content to go elsewhere and get sap, fiber, crystals, etc.  I traded for them.  Now, instead of having to get ONE item to build with, I have to go find 3 that I don't have.

I pity you guys on PvP servers.  I got a stick shoved up my ass, you guys... you got the whole damned tree.

Yup the way the system works now pvp is rather difficult to care to play on, unless you can offline raid those areas for resources and or not get caught doing it. The second most issue is big gates blocking all those resources. Lets try to sneak in, nope now you got them on your shore taking out your buildings the next morning when your offline and all your ships. Its so much fun Jat!!! really it is. Being really sarcastic here, and trying to still love the game play... just not working for some of us.

20 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

OH yeah forgot to mention?? remember those gates built around islands already? no sap, no metal used to make them. It was a spam click spam click.. Still trying to get resources? i suggest wiping it...