Implicitlee

Stone Crafting Materials REALLY

Would be nice to at least get an explanation or a yes or no from the devs.  As stated by others, I probably won't be playing unless its to raid, just for the chance this may be removed, so I don't waste lots of time gathering organic paste.  

Hopefully they see this was a mistake.  I doubt it though, I have seen outcries over past changes that were pretty harsh, and nothing was even tweaked.  Think ones these devs set their mind to things, they pretty much stick with it, regardless of what their players and fans (which they are losing) think.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Percieval said:

No it is not. Stop spreading misinformation. You can clearly see weekends and workdays having a big impact on play count. Which is logic. Don’t be that kid saying a game is dying. If I must believe your kind of people I believe PUBG and Fortnite are already far deep into the grave. 

Same thing happenen in Bless, 2 days after launch in early access they nerfed damage by 70% , people started logging off in droves, pop went down 1k a week until game was down to 400 concurrent players across 4 servers. huge nerfs affect your user base. 

Just now, ljbendele said:

Same thing happenen in Bless, 2 days after launch in early access they nerfed damage by 70% , people started logging off in droves, pop went down 1k a week until game was down to 400 concurrent players across 4 servers. huge nerfs affect your user base. 

Sure it does, we seen that in ARK, and then there was an uprise, then a downfall. Imo this game had many stuff that people attract too so when it gets better, it will be more populated eventually. That’s just my guess, can get the other way too. 

On a single wall structure they have added the need for 32 metal and 20 organic paste. As stated before, many of the islands do not have a lot of metal. Now to add insult to injury the organic paste requires sap. Many Island DO NOT have sap trees. A stupid solution to an obvious problem of over building which could have been fixed in other ways. 

My suggestion is for every player (that wants it changed back) is to start your own thread to make sure the DEV's get the message.  I doubt they are going to read all 600+ replys on this one. They will never see my post for sure.

Edited by gumbyc

19 minutes ago, Nari said:

This is the problem. you're allowing yourselves to become emotional over production you have little to no control over. Yes they SHOULD listen more and consider criticism more openly but plenty of changes already have been made for those exact reasons. Just because their vision of their game doesn't align with your expectations does NOT make them fucktards.

if it was thier vision they should have had those requirements at launch. letting the players get used to something and then major nerf instead of minor tweaks shows lack of experience and a hint of incompetence

1 minute ago, ljbendele said:

if it was thier vision they should have had those requirements at launch. letting the players get used to something and then major nerf instead of minor tweaks shows lack of experience and a hint of incompetence

EA launch and official release are two entirely separate things . Try not to confuse the two.

Look at Atlas forums, large majority of comments = Remove Stone Cost changes.

Look at Reddit, large majority of comments and upvotes = Remove Stone Cost changes.

Look at Steam Discussions, large majority of comments and posts = Remove Stone Cost changes.

I hope the devs take heed of what a large percentage of their players are saying.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nari said:

This is the problem. you're allowing yourselves to become emotional over production you have little to no control over. Yes they SHOULD listen more and consider criticism more openly but plenty of changes already have been made for those exact reasons. Just because their vision of their game doesn't align with your expectations does NOT make them fucktards.

I am NOT emotional, I am playing my new favourite game Forum Wars, who needs to play Atlas when there are so many wrong opinions here to pick at. I just evolved I am now an ALPHA TROLL.

13 minutes ago, Nari said:

EA launch and official release are two entirely separate things . Try not to confuse the two.

i think were straying away from the point, nobody wants more expensive stone structures.

1 minute ago, xenobiaa said:

i think were straying away from the point, nobody wants more expensive stone structures.

My apologies. You're absolutely right.

I can live with the metal requirements, although it could be reduced a bit particularly for basic stone pieces, but i don't see the need for requiring paste.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nari said:

I can live with the metal requirements, although it could be reduced a bit particularly for basic stone pieces, but i don't see the need for requiring paste.

metal isnt so bad, paste is far to much, infact metal is to much, they need to just add in a new tier that is expensive or something.

Just now, Nari said:

NO NO NO and NO, 

You build thatch, as you progress and your tools get better you upgrade to wood, but wood doesn't keep the boogie man out so you upgrade to stone, stone keeps the boogie man out but it doesn't keep the nasty terrorists out so yo upgrade to metal which isn't amazing but still better than thatch, wood and stone. Nari you are really missing the point that they missed an ENTIRE structure tree out

Metal costs are understandable, but only because on the island I inhabit, metal is very prevalent and easy to get.  Any form of Sap is not however, its a two hour round trip to a place that is easy to farm for it.  During that two hour trip we are risking our ship, which is a large time investment.  If we lose our ship, we lose the progress that 2 hour trip makes.  Pretty much makes building worthless.  The protection of a stone base is now countered by the grind time.  In other words, its easier to raid than it is to grind, when it should be the other way around.

• Like 2

Wow. This is so bad for those of us wanting to make a building with some protection from alpha spawns. Why not make a reinforced stone option with these requirements and keep the regular stone the way it was. Seems like there are other ways to do things that don't penalize those that want to make a good looking. And strong base. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Implicitlee said:

NO NO NO and NO, 

You build thatch, as you progress and your tools get better you upgrade to wood, but wood doesn't keep the boogie man out so you upgrade to stone, stone keeps the boogie man out but it doesn't keep the nasty terrorists out so yo upgrade to metal which isn't amazing but still better than thatch, wood and stone. Nari you are really missing the point that they missed an ENTIRE structure tree out

Why does Metal have to be its own tree exactly?

• Like 1

Just now, Nari said:

Why does Metal have to be its own tree exactly?

to many old ark players wanting metal structures. plz no

Metal is not very fitting for the game style.  But making Stone bases = metal base cost is not fitting either....

Nice work Atlas devs (NOT). 
We as a small company moved out to Tundra as it was easier to survive from raids due to lack of organic paste and the ability to fortify with stone.

Now new players won't have that opportunity in Tundra either. Gives larger companies such a massive advantage because all they do is circle islands and destroy smaller companies boats so they can't get the sap to begin with.

Killed the game for new companies moving in. (Hence new players joining the game after the horrible start you guys had)

Good one!

7 minutes ago, xenobiaa said:

to many old ark players wanting metal structures. plz no

I don't want metal structure that is my point, I NEVER used metal structures EVER, stone all day.

This has been by far the dumbest thing you guys have done thus far. Do you realize many regions don't have access to sap? not to mention, many people at this point have already completed their walls, meaning new people, especially new people in regions without sap are truly and utterly screwed. Some regions don't have metal nodes either, and can only get it by mining stone with a pickaxe.

I can't even.. 20 paste, 32 metal for a stonewall? did you get hit on the head? 

Edited by overtyped
  • Like 1

Devs PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.... for the love of anyone who enjoys this game... Revert the change back to the 3 stone/thatch/wood. Its not metal foundation I'm making. It's stone foundation. Stone cost now is worth quitting over at this point. Wood gets broken easily by anything and people can greif your base if its wood/thatch. It's bad enough structures within stone can be damaged if to close to animals attack outside. Sap being a requirement makes it not only not worth building in 90% of the map but now instead of locating just wood/fiber/stone (possibly metal) island... You now only will build until you come across a location with an abundance of sap, which is usually either blocked off by someones shit, not enough abundance of sap to require this as part of stone.

8 minutes ago, TIF2 said:

Nice work Atlas devs (NOT). 
We as a small company moved out to Tundra as it was easier to survive from raids due to lack of organic paste and the ability to fortify with stone.

Now new players won't have that opportunity in Tundra either. Gives larger companies such a massive advantage because all they do is circle islands and destroy smaller companies boats so they can't get the sap to begin with.

Killed the game for new companies moving in. (Hence new players joining the game after the horrible start you guys had)

Good one!

Well funny you mention it...

We just recently "liberated" this wonderful fixer upper from some unruly neighbors.  Selling it to the right buyer.  

Gamebreaking. In tropical you get paste only from Scorpions.

Poor scorpions. But why build stone anyway as it is auto poofed by explosive barrels and cannons ?