Jump to content

Endo Fett

Removing Abandoned Rafts/Sloops

Recommended Posts

As time goes on we have more and more abandoned rafts and sloops left on shore by players who will never return for them. 

These small vessels litter our shorelines, being abandoned wherever they made landfall.

They block areas that would otherwise be used as parking for ships or to host new shipyards.

With no legitimate means of removing these small vessels, and with a seeminly negligible decay rate, they’ll be here indefinitely. 

As the number of vessels and entities increase in each zone, it is only a matter of time before the issue begins to effect performance as well as gameplay.

Edited by Endo Fett
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Endo Fett said:

As time goes on we have more and more abandoned rafts and sloops left on shore by players who will never return for them. 

These small vessels litter our shorelines, being abandoned wherever they made landfall.

They block areas that would otherwise be used as parking for ships or to host new shipyards.

With no legitimate means of removing these small vessels, and with a seeminly negligible decay rate, they’ll be here indefinitely. 

As the number of vessels and entities increase in each zone, it is only a matter of time before the issue begins to effect performance as well as gameplay.

So I know that after awhile you can claim rafts and just scuttle them yourself but I've not seen that ability with the sloops or ships above that, and being the only way to find out is getting on deck I'm not sure I'm willing to test that theory any time soon being you instantly lose any ability to leave the deck since it's not allied and 9/10 anchored. The only means I know of would involve griefing(no not pillars) so I'm not exactly willing to do them, but without something I can see this being a huge problem as we've got a few schooners and about half a dozen rafts just parked on the shoreline of our island as well.  And they are either abandoned or hopeful people who have a fast travel spot thinking that at some point the area will become inactive for them to claim.

Edited by Vaenix
boat types
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can claim also larger ships, I claimed an abandoned Schooner. Problem there is now, that I own the ship and just the ship.. everything else still belongs to the original owner.
Therefore I'm unable to scuttle it, to interact with the sails or the steering wheel. So it just sits in its original place, just with a green name over it

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah they need to extend this to all boats and let at least scuttle-demolish them , if not for the materials just to get them the heck off the beaches 😛 heck in g3 (fountain of youth craze) there is massive amount of ramshack sloops littering the place near where you run into where the fountain of youth was

Did  a quik visit to my neighbours island there are galleons-brigs-schooner-sloop littering the area , ran around with claim flag active and 70% of the area is claimable (tho contested as sleepers inside houses) thus meaning they havent been on for 3 + days now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe there should be a way for Admin to destroy items. If on unofficial that is. Or to take complete ownership then scuttle. That last one I know is an admin command but I have not tested it yet.

 

On official servers they should set abandoned ships and buildings to degrade in a certain amount of time. That worked well in other games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ulde said:

You can claim also larger ships, I claimed an abandoned Schooner. Problem there is now, that I own the ship and just the ship.. everything else still belongs to the original owner.
Therefore I'm unable to scuttle it, to interact with the sails or the steering wheel. So it just sits in its original place, just with a green name over it

How is that possible with the ice-skyting bug when jump to others ships?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mahakmar said:

yeah they need to extend this to all boats and let at least scuttle-demolish them , if not for the materials just to get them the heck off the beaches 😛 heck in g3 (fountain of youth craze) there is massive amount of ramshack sloops littering the place near where you run into where the fountain of youth was

Did  a quik visit to my neighbours island there are galleons-brigs-schooner-sloop littering the area , ran around with claim flag active and 70% of the area is claimable (tho contested as sleepers inside houses) thus meaning they havent been on for 3 + days now

These are my two biggest grippes with PVE as well.

I) Increasing amounts of abandoned ships littering the coast of just about every island. We can't move,  we can't scuttle them and we can't claim them.

II) Sleepers constantly contesting claims even though they haven't logged in a long while. There is no way to take over abandoned bases with sleepers in it, and as far as I know those sleepers will not die of hunger, thirst or vitamin deficiency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wolff said:

II) Sleepers constantly contesting claims even though they haven't logged in a long while. There is no way to take over abandoned bases with sleepers in it, and as far as I know those sleepers will not die of hunger, thirst or vitamin deficiency.

1

They will die, sooner or later. I had a company on my island that was inactive since ~2 or 3 weeks and they had 3 persons sleeping in their stone buildings that prevented me from claiming the land for around 10 or 15 days. A few days ago they were gone, none of them logged in, since the territory had no upkeep, so I assume inactive characters will die after 10-15 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did some testing with our closest afk neighbours and they where away for 3+ days, we could start claiming but ofc they all where sleeping inside their house, and one day they came back and their 3 day protection kicked in , so its not really 3 days is it with sleepers inside it makes it week++

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got one guy traveled to our region. It's tundra. He came there in a raft WITH NO BED! The time he made it to a shore - he died of cold. And because there was no bed - he is gone for ever. We never see him again.

The problem here is - he parked his raft right in the middle of our port. Right on the way where one of our schooner did turnouts for departure. So... he just cancel one of our pier and his raft still here like for the week or so. We don't know what to do with it.

One of our guy took glider, hook and climbing pick (something might have worked for escape) and jumped on it. After he used hook - the game crashed, he died and his corpse flew far away in the skies. So he lost all his stuff he was made after a weeks of resources hunt (after that he quit a game and uninstal it).

iksZX5V.jpg

Edited by George Catcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2019 at 6:17 PM, Ulde said:

You can claim also larger ships, I claimed an abandoned Schooner. Problem there is now, that I own the ship and just the ship.. everything else still belongs to the original owner.
Therefore I'm unable to scuttle it, to interact with the sails or the steering wheel. So it just sits in its original place, just with a green name over it

Hi ,can you give us some info how you did claim bigger boat ? I have three in my area blocking my shipyard and they need to go . Thanks 

Edited by Eliximus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Eliximus said:

Hi ,can you give us some info how you did claim bigger boat ? I have three in my area blocking my shipyard and they need to go . Thanks 

 

On 1/22/2019 at 11:24 PM, JotaCe said:

How is that possible with the ice-skyting bug when jump to others ships?

I was just swimming next to it and while holding e I was prompted the ability to claim the ship.

But it's of no use for bigger ships, because you are not able to scuttle them.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am fairly sure you can raise the anchor in which case the decay is faster and the ship will eventually sink from wave damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 5:29 AM, crysis992 said:

They will die, sooner or later. I had a company on my island that was inactive since ~2 or 3 weeks and they had 3 persons sleeping in their stone buildings that prevented me from claiming the land for around 10 or 15 days. A few days ago they were gone, none of them logged in, since the territory had no upkeep, so I assume inactive characters will die after 10-15 days.

they dont die have had sleeping company member since day 3 all stats are same as they were when he first logged out 

lawless regions they are removed after 10 days , why this wasnt extended to all regions i dont know

Edited by UDO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×