Sign in to follow this  
Scorpionshawn

SINKING SHIP

So tell me again how great the game is doing and its everyones fault who isn't having fun that they are doing something wrong as if that makes it better?

SINKING SHIP.jpg

• Like 2

Wait a minute, are you trying to tell me that game populations tend to shrink over time? I AM SHOCKED AND AMAZED!

• Like 1

38K is not bad, since it has been running around 30K all week. I think this is pure trolling by the OP. Somehow he lives in a world where EA games have their launch/peak popularity forever. Wake up from that dream and stop making these worthless threads. 

Edited by Percieval

Our zone is rarely above 25, used to be around 65.

But part of it is completely natural. New games getting boring and something better on the block. Not wanting to devote too much into EA etc.

Some tho are due to accelerated leaving due to hacks, cheats, bugs, balance and patches they don't agree in.

Edited by Shintai

10 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

So tell me again how great the game is doing and its everyones fault who isn't having fun that they are doing something wrong as if that makes it better?

SINKING SHIP.jpg

You are becoming a real forum ninja... just going on the forums and posting very biased posts with uninformed comments.  I can wait till 7AM EST and take a picture of the STEAM population page, and show the numbers WAY down.  

9 hours ago, Shintai said:

Our zone is rarely above 25, used to be around 65.

But part of it is completely natural. New games getting boring and something better on the block. Not wanting to devote too much into EA etc.

Some tho are due to accelerated leaving due to hacks, cheats, bugs, balance and patches they don't agree in.

Some of us aren't online because of BattlEye.  There may be a fix by the end of the week according to Jat's tweet this morning.  I'd be interested to see how many Windows insiders have been "included" in the population decline after the numbers settle,

Well, the majority of their customers are casuals who dont want to play in the mega tribes devs are dreaming about. They are just normal people with a job and a family. These just want to have a few hours pirate fun in the evening.

But what they receive is a destroyed base, sunk/stolen ships and chinese with aimbots in duped mastercraft metal armor.

Of course they leave, why stay in a game just made for 24/7 boys dreaming of global dominance ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Talono said:

Well, the majority of their customers are casuals who dont want to play in the mega tribes devs are dreaming about. They are just normal people with a job and a family. These just want to have a few hours pirate fun in the evening.

But what they receive is a destroyed base, sunk/stolen ships and chinese with aimbots in duped mastercraft metal armor.

Of course they leave, why stay in a game just made for 24/7 boys dreaming of global dominance ?

If they add traps into the game, please tell us thou wilt cover entire island, we miss thy stories of mortaring megas.

30 minutes ago, Talono said:

Odd I would consider myself a dedicated player, but I play maybe 2 hours a day during my work week and more than that when I am off.  But I have my stuff set up so I dont have to worry about it for a few days at a time.  I am pretty sure I could leave my ship and my animals alone for about 4 days without having to login.   Then there is my company, which if I asked would take care of things for me if I just asked.   Hmm.. you would think that mega zerg companies would be better for casuals.... just saying.

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

Odd I would consider myself a dedicated player, but I play maybe 2 hours a day during my work week and more than that when I am off.  But I have my stuff set up so I dont have to worry about it for a few days at a time.  I am pretty sure I could leave my ship and my animals alone for about 4 days without having to login.   Then there is my company, which if I asked would take care of things for me if I just asked.   Hmm.. you would think that mega zerg companies would be better for casuals.... just saying.

Casuals don't want to be slaves, and that's what this game does to them, even more so than ARK did.  At least in ARK, the hardcore players could breed you up a great war mount, give you great armor, give you great weapons, etc... and you could join in the fight in a proper way.  Here, who do you think is going to man the cannons?  Casuals, or their Hardcore players?  You can bet your last dollar that the casuals aren't going to be doing the fun, cool stuff.  They will be asked to spec into ship repair.  Asked to spec into weight, not melee, so they can carry more stuff when harvesting, etc...

4 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Casuals don't want to be slaves, and that's what this game does to them, even more so than ARK did.  At least in ARK, the hardcore players could breed you up a great war mount, give you great armor, give you great weapons, etc... and you could join in the fight in a proper way.  Here, who do you think is going to man the cannons?  Casuals, or their Hardcore players?  You can bet your last dollar that the casuals aren't going to be doing the fun, cool stuff.  They will be asked to spec into ship repair.  Asked to spec into weight, not melee, so they can carry more stuff when harvesting, etc...

Not even hardcore players will man the cannons, AI does everything other than controlling wheel, everyone that is not a captain is either friends of the captain or slaves. While watching streams never seen a ship that is actualy 100% manned by players, everything is just perfect reaction AIS shooting and perfect sail rotation.

Edited by Nightstrasza

1 minute ago, Nightstrasza said:

Not even hardcore players will man the cannons, AI does everything other than controlling wheel, everyone that is not a captain is either friends of the captain or slaves. While watching streams never seen a ship that is actualy 100% manned by players, everything is just perfect reaction AIS shooting and perfect sail rotation.

People load faster if they have spec'd into it.  I have never missed a shot with a cannon.  I don't like the large cannons, however, because they seem gimped on purpose.  They are really only good for broadsides IMHO.  Close in Broadsides.  You can't aim them right or left, so I actually think you are better off having small cannons.  I only use the large cannons when it makes sense.  Close up when they are trying to board you, or other similar situations.  When the ships are somewhat distant to each other, and tacking around, the large cannon is pretty much useless.

I would also rather have real crew members to deal with those who attempt a boarding.  And, they can do more effective repairs, IMHO.

1 minute ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

People load faster if they have spec'd into it.  I have never missed a shot with a cannon.  I don't like the large cannons, however, because they seem gimped on purpose.  They are really only good for broadsides IMHO.  Close in Broadsides.  You can't aim them right or left, so I actually think you are better off having small cannons.  I only use the large cannons when it makes sense.  Close up when they are trying to board you, or other similar situations.  When the ships are somewhat distant to each other, and tacking around, the large cannon is pretty much useless.

I would also rather have real crew members to deal with those who attempt a boarding.  And, they can do more effective repairs, IMHO.

Yes, ppl load and aim better when speced, but no one uses them. There is also no boarders, there are either offline ship sinking or planting explosive barrels, there's no boarding decks with guns, swords etc, just a barrel.

All that means is less lag from over crowding.

I thought you were leaving and didn't care about the game, why are you still here? 🙄

10 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Yes, ppl load and aim better when speced, but no one uses them.

If they have enough people, that's a mistake, IMHO.  Sure, if you are a small company, you might need to use NPCs to make up for your lack of numbers, but large tribes should be using as many real players on cannons as they can.  There are many benefits to doing so.

11 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

There is also no boarders, there are either offline ship sinking or planting explosive barrels, there's no boarding decks with guns, swords etc, just a barrel.

The offline stuff could be addressed, but the devs are too inept to do so, it would seem.  These are the Devs that made AI ships with no sails because programming AI ships that know how to sail, is too hard for them.  Unlike so many other games I have played where you can enter and exit the water, they have a ridiculous transition from water to land.  They have an absurd taming mechanic.  People are ringing islands with large gates. People are using pillars to sink ships.  People are using broken game mechanics to sink ships in PvE.  A monkey/parrot/rabbit/bear/elephant/wolf/etc., counts as crew.  If you spawn onto a friend's ship, who has a full crew, you have to kill one of the NPCs or the ship will sink.  Horrible building mechanics, not fixed after years of ARK experience (Building structures that can't collide with the terrain).   #JustTheTipOfTheIceberg

The game is full of absurd mechanics.  When it isn't the Devs, it's the community that is trying to wreck the game.