Sign in to follow this  
Winter Thorne

Thanks a million

Agreed. It's going to be really nice when I go on a long voyage I can leave my boat anchored overnight at a random island instead of worrying about making it back to the safety of my harbor.

This will definitely make me want to start exploring more of the world...  I can also finally build a big boat!

• Like 2

You guys are unaware that griefers will now reside to parking rafts around your boat when u are asleep and when u log back in you can not sail away and you can not leave your boat because you would have to travel over enemy players achored rafts which is impossible. Have fun gg

While blockading might - ok, definitely will - be an issue, one of the biggest positives is that you can actively see who is griefing.

It sucked waking up in the morning and finding your boats gone, with no indication of who did it, just other island mates saying they saw Some Dude fro RandomCompany running around the island, who may or may not have just been some guy wandering and exploring/farming.

Now, its kinda hard to deny that Douchebag Company is griefing, when a flotilla of rafts is surrounding your boat, and if the GMs choose to take action against the griefers, its alot easier to show.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

You guys are unaware that griefers will now reside to parking rafts around your boat when u are asleep and when u log back in you can not sail away and you can not leave your boat because you would have to travel over enemy players achored rafts which is impossible. Have fun gg

Griefers will always find a way to be douche bags, but this is at least a step in the right direction for the game.

49 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

I said it in another thread, will say it again...

You are 100% that in both scenarios, I'm annoyed and unable to use my ship... but in the post-adjustment, I STILL HAVE MY SHIP.

Also, if you park right, they won't be able to anchor and block you in, and they will decay FAST unanchored (and can still be tanked)

15 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

You are 100% that in both scenarios, I'm annoyed and unable to use my ship... but in the post-adjustment, I STILL HAVE MY SHIP.

Also, if you park right, they won't be able to anchor and block you in, and they will decay FAST unanchored (and can still be tanked)

I usually only pull in just far enough so that I can anchor but can't if I move out a little. Haven't had a chance to see if it left a side open past the anchor shallows though.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

All you do is park with your ass in the shallow,  bow facing the sea.. To deep for a raft to anchor... and an unanchored raft can be pushed out of the way by any ship. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pax said:

All you do is park with your ass in the shallow,  bow facing the sea.. To deep for a raft to anchor... and an unanchored raft can be pushed out of the way by any ship. 

I love your workaround but the fact devs could only come up with this mechanic now as a solution is just rediculous, how hard can it be to properly code something that prevents this kind of griefing.

2 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

I love your workaround but the fact devs could only come up with this mechanic now as a solution is just rediculous, how hard can it be to properly code something that prevents this kind of griefing.

This is only the solution to the rafts,  not much else they could do. 

As for the overweighting NO this solution did not work as peopel were cheating the systems to get on ships even with parking like this.. Hence how i lost all my ships and posted the letter to Jat

The raft blockade grief is far less enticing than the sinking ship grief, there are no mats to be gained.

Well some griefers are pulling in ghost ships again get them close enough hit them for aggro and hide behind the ship / building you want destroyed. So yeah it only takes more time now but still aint foolproof . Now only thing im hoping for atm is the claim system overhaul.

This is a very welcome change!  They could easily change the SOtD exploit by using the same damage mechanics as animals. If you aggro a giraffe and go hide behind a structure or ship someone else owns the giraffe does no damage. just apply that same ruleset to SOTD and that bit of griefing is fixed.

15 minutes ago, JackTheWack said:

Well some griefers are pulling in ghost ships again get them close enough hit them for aggro and hide behind the ship / building you want destroyed. So yeah it only takes more time now but still aint foolproof . Now only thing im hoping for atm is the claim system overhaul.

Maybe this will finally be something they start banning people from PvE for...