Pax

jatheish Letter to Jat.

10 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

oh Im sorry i though this was early access and they want feed back from the players who paid to pretty much test a unfinished project?

Alright, let me get something straight. Did you put some thought into it? The last time you made a thread about a ‘solution’ and the outcome of it was that it wasn’t well ‘thought about’. Did you thought about the game before buying it? Because I did and the only thing I’m still baffled about is the launch problems, everything else I knew could happen before signing on to this. 

It isn’t bad that you want to give feedback, but please, think about it first. Instead of changing the core base of the game (companies define every aspect of it), maybe look into other solutions for it. 

When we told you it wouldn’t work because they will always find away, instead of talking with the rest of the community to maybe tackle it, you went into full defense mode. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Jatheish said:

The overweighting issue is indeed a priority for our team and we definitely understand the frustration it's causing. We're working on a more delicate technical solution to resolve it, hopefully, we can get that in as soon as possible. 

uhm, is your "you glitch from ships" the final solution? 

11 hours ago, MaxPower said:

I'm sorry but aside from perhaps hackers, which you're always going to have to deal with when you play PVP, there is no PVP issue larger than the one this topic is about. YOU might think there are because you only play PVP and think something that is impacting you is more important than something impacting other players but that doesn't make it so. 

Also, the suggestion of building a garage is a joke right? Building a garage for a Brig or Galleon would be a huge undertaking for a small group and wouldn't protect your ship when you park near an island to explore/trade or when you stop in a freeport. You'd also need a piece of land that makes it possible to build such a large structure, which isn't an easy thing to acquire right now. 

We had 2 guys build a garage for a Brig, and a side garage for 2 sloops in a day..... Maybe for lazy PVE instant gratification types... yeah... I could see this being an overwhelming task.  Every post from allllllllllll of these children that play on PVE are ridiculous....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

We had 2 guys build a garage for a Brig, and a side garage for 2 sloops in a day..... Maybe for lazy PVE instant gratification types... yeah... I could see this being an overwhelming task.  Every post from allllllllllll of these children that play on PVE are ridiculous....

This is getting rather old dude.  Lazy people and children play both PvE and PvP.  The problem you are having is that you can't seem to fathom adults with lives outside of the game(this seems to preclude you) don't want to spend all of their time in a video game building a garage for their ships that shouldn't need them in a mode that shouldn't see player versus player interaction.  If you want to build a garage in either area it is not a symbol of your work ethic or your ability to not be lazy, it is simply you wanting to spend your time in a game doing something others do not want to do.   

2 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

This is getting rather old dude.  Lazy people and children play both PvE and PvP.  The problem you are having is that you can't seem to fathom adults with lives outside of the game(this seems to preclude you) don't want to spend all of their time in a video game building a garage for their ships that shouldn't need them in a mode that shouldn't see player versus player interaction.  If you want to build a garage in either area it is not a symbol of your work ethic or your ability to not be lazy, it is simply you wanting to spend your time in a game doing something others do not want to do.   

I work, married, have kids... and don't mind spending a little effort to protect my stuff while Devs do their job and monitor... what I don't want is them focusing all their time on an easily handled bug because of blatantly lazy kids like yourself.

3 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

I work, married, have kids... and don't mind spending a little effort to protect my stuff while Devs do their job and monitor... what I don't want is them focusing all their time on an easily handled bug because of blatantly lazy kids like yourself.

You can call people lazy kids all you want, I'll assume you are just projecting.  I'd rather spend time with my kids and do things that are actively engaging and fun in this game rather than sit there and build a garage because kids like you want to go around and grief people in a mode that doesn't need it. 

Sorry you can't seem to handle that it isn't actually kids complaining about these issues. 

5 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

Theres no point in arguing with him... He plays PVP and doesnt understand what it means to choose NOT to have to be contently on guard from people with no lives.  He chooses that play style we dont. End of discussion. 

5 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

Simple fact is the devs have no choice but to divide their time between PVE and PVP bugs. neither get 100% priority.  This bug was a game breaking bug in PVE. The Cart exploit they just fixed was a game breaking PVP exploit.   That one had NO effect on PVE servers. but you dont see PVE players Complaining that the devs are only focusing on PVP server fixes?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pax said:

Theres no point in arguing with him... He plays PVP and doesnt understand what it means to choose NOT to have to be contently on guard from people with no lives.  He chooses that play style we dont. End of discussion. 

Simple fact is the devs have no choice but to divide their time between PVE and PVP bugs. neither get 100% priority.  This bug was a game breaking bug in PVE. The Cart exploit they just fixed was a game breaking PVP exploit.   That one had NO effect on PVE servers. but you dont see PVE players Complaining that the devs are only focusing on PVP server fixes?

I don't think you fully understand.... and I get it.... children usually don't follow conversations well.

The game isn't Atlas PVP and Atlas PVE....

Its Atlas a MMO designed for player conflict and player interaction with player driven content.

Its not Atlas a MMO designed for player trading and role-playing.

The later is a bonus from the core game design.... and no efforts should be put toward that effort... they will organically derive from making the core game... (PVP) better.

So please.... enjoy your farm animals (but not in a sexual way) and be quiet.

I don't think you fully understand.... and I get it.... children usually don't follow conversations well.

Its Atlas a MMO designed for player conflict and player interaction with player driven content.

The later is a bonus from the core game design.... and no efforts should be put toward that effort... they will organically derive from making the core game... (PVP) better.

I think you might be missing what occurred at the release of this game.  Let me fill you in since your so engulfed in your own point of view you can't actually seem to realize your wrong.

Atlas released with PvP and PvE servers for both game modes.  Where guess what?  The devs decided to support both games modes, making both modes better in the long run. 

In case you still don't get it, each entry point for PvE/PvP whether NA/EU is a minimum of 225 servers(1 for each block not including the back end), if you really think they invested into that amount of servers for PvE with no plan to improve it's gameplay then you seriously have some entitlement issues.

Edited by Vaenix
A word

1 minute ago, Bolognapwny said:

Its funny you think the game is ONLY PVP. there is no design for PVE or RPing in this..  

One of the biggest MMOs in history was divided right down the middle jsut like this... World of Warcraft.  1/2 PVP 1/2 PVE 

You keep calling everyone that doesnt play Children.... Are you mad that we got a patch we needed for PVE to survive? Or is it that you feel your are somehow more mature than anyone that plays PVE?  Just wanna know so i knwo why i am laughing at you

But again. Your Wrong if it was only PVP they would never had made PVE server.. and before you say it no it wasn't pressure from people that want to only play PVE.   Was originally announced with PVP and PVE servers.  

Sorry your just going to have to live with the fact that PVE servers are here to stay and theres nothing you can do about it..  so go back to hunkering down in your ship garage. i think there are peopel coming to raid you better watch out... thats all you really get to do in PVP

1 minute ago, Pax said:

Its funny you think the game is ONLY PVP. there is no design for PVE or RPing in this..  

One of the biggest MMOs in history was divided right down the middle jsut like this... World of Warcraft.  1/2 PVP 1/2 PVE 

You keep calling everyone that doesnt play Children.... Are you mad that we got a patch we needed for PVE to survive? Or is it that you feel your are somehow more mature than anyone that plays PVE?  Just wanna know so i knwo why i am laughing at you

But again. Your Wrong if it was only PVP they would never had made PVE server.. and before you say it no it wasn't pressure from people that want to only play PVE.   Was originally announced with PVP and PVE servers.  

Sorry your just going to have to live with the fact that PVE servers are here to stay and theres nothing you can do about it..  so go back to hunkering down in your ship garage. i think there are peopel coming to raid you better watch out... thats all you really get to do in PVP

No one is saying get rid of PVE servers..... as above mentioned children have a hard time following conversations.

2 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

No one is saying get rid of PVE servers..... as above mentioned children have a hard time following conversations.

Well since you cant seem to talk to other people with common Courtesy and can only sit on your high horse like your better somehow. you can just stop talking.

1 minute ago, Pax said:

Well since you cant seem to talk to other people with common Courtesy and can only sit on your high horse like your better somehow. you can just stop talking.

Ok kiddo, good chat.

lol trolls.. cant let them talk.... it should be socially acceptable to toss a troll in a volcano... seems like a good time for all.

It's been fixed - end of topic...Queue posts moaning about grieferss blocking their bases with ships or griefers luring SoTD or Griefers luring Charles the murderous whale...there is always something for us gamers...we love to moan

26 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

According to Steam:

Join an endless adventure of piracy & sailing, exploration & combat, roleplaying & progression, settlement & civilization-building, in one of the largest game worlds ever! Explore, Build, Conquer!

And from what I recall of my anthropology and history classes, trade was a crucial part of forming settlements and civilizations.

Fun fact: If you hover your mouse over someone's picture on the left, you have the option to block them.  The forums become so much more tolerable and less rage-inducing when you're able to censor the trolls. 🙂 

Edited by Domino
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Domino said:

According to Steam:

Join an endless adventure of piracy & sailing, exploration & combat, roleplaying & progression, settlement & civilization-building, in one of the largest game worlds ever! Explore, Build, Conquer!

And from what I recall of my anthropology and history classes, trade was a crucial part of forming settlements and civilizations.

Fun fact: If you hover your mouse over someone's picture on the left, you have the option to block them.  The forums become so much more tolerable and less rage-inducing when you're able to censor the trolls. 🙂 

Don't think that works for forums tho, having only 1 person blocked, but can see them reply on forum (they don't show up as often anymore), so guess that's just useless block from private messenges.

18 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

God I am so sick of Ark players... Ark is not this game.... the popularity of this game is not because its like ARK... its because its different.... and better.... Please take ALL ARK ARK ARK ARK ARK ARK ARK talk and go to Ark forums please.... 

I am literally disgusted by this constant ark talk... 

Devs i play the crap out of games so give me 5 minutes... MAke your own vision stop listening to these crybaby single player/Roleplayers.

This is pretty much ark though 

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

This is pretty much ark though 

No, Ark was pretty bad tbh... this game has less Ark feel to me atleast... thats why I can stomach it.

No, Ark was pretty bad tbh... this game has less Ark feel to me atleast... thats why I can stomach it.

Well yeah it’s not exactly ark. It does have bigger boats, npc’s, and mythical not prehistoric creatures. 

On the other hand there is still base building, Megas, same trading, for the most part same resources, and a lot of the same tames.

so yeah definitely not exactly like ark. But very similar in a lot of ways. Mainly playerbase. 

Edit. And no I am not saying reskin or anything of that sort

Edited by Realist

11 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Don't think that works for forums tho, having only 1 person blocked, but can see them reply on forum (they don't show up as often anymore), so guess that's just useless block from private messenges.

You might have to modify your settings, there were options to block more than just that.  I'm not a fan of blocking peoples opinions though whether they are trolls or not.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

lol anyone who disagrees with me is a troll... classic child mentality.

You haven't actually agreed or disagreed with anyone on this.  You've just posted how PvP is the only thing that matters and PvE players should just shut up.  That is what makes you a troll, and why many people are comfortable with blocking you and your opinion on everything.

2 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

You haven't actually agreed or disagreed with anyone on this.  You've just posted how PvP is the only thing that matters and PvE players should just shut up.  That is what makes you a troll, and why many people are comfortable with blocking you and your opinion on everything.

I made a statement that they can do things to fix their two little issues, and then they acted like... oh we got jobs we don't feel like doing that... meanwhile the people actually playing the game and testing it (pvp) are dealing and finding ways around it.

PVE players have been doing nothing but crying about gamebreaking issues... their boats could be sunk in one way... I just found it funny you didn't see a bunch of PVP posts about how one naked with 2 oil jars and a couple fire arrows can sink any ship..... You don't see constant shitposts from PVP players... just PVE.... and about ONE ISSUE... Or the fact to steal claims you literally have to find every sleeper in a giant island to take one claim.... and not to mention if one person runs through the claim it resets the claim back to 0...... 

you haven't seen those posts have you?  Oh why?  Because they get flooded out of the forum by the same crying about the same issue.