Pax

jatheish Letter to Jat.

Good Afternoon @Jatheish,

I am taking this time to write you in hopes you read it. I have spent a lot of time on the discord helping people with atlas, so much so that I am ranked number 10 on discord.  So I hope this buys me at least 5 mins to read this message/post.

First off I do have to say that the 2 games you guy have put out are really awesome games. Up until this point have really enjoyed both very very much.  

Little bit of my background, 

My brother and I now live on other sides of the country we play games together to stay connected. Ark and Atlas have been amazing for us as both fitted our playstyle and we love them both. We bought and played both Ark and Atlas, we were on servers from day 1.  In Ark between us we are pushing over 6,000 hours.

Heres where we talk about the problem.

Between my brother and I we are pushing 600 hours in Atlas.  As a 2 man tribe we have become a big trade selling animals across a lot of servers.  We build all 4 ships (in order) Sloop>Schooner>Brig>Gally.  As a two man team this was NOT easy. Took almost all of the 600 hours to get there.

Last night after I logged of and before I could log back in the next moring. Several of our ships were sunk on the NA-PVE server, 2 brigs, 1 sloop and 1 gally.  Who and Why are beyond the point. We don’t know there are several griefer tribe on the island/server we live on.

What I’m here to say is that this problem can be solved with one of 3 choice.  I will also say I’m not the first person that this has happened to and won’t be the last unless you take action.

The options are very simple. 

1. Remove ship damage from overweight. Until a more permanent solution can be found.

As in ark, When a raft is over-weight it can not move, make this the normal for PVE servers.

2. When a player reaches his max weight, He should NOT be able to keep walking. As in ark he should be stuck in one spot.

3. When you pick up a body with 20,000 weight you should NOT be able to walk like your holding a 30lbs body only. Again this was corrected in ark.

Any one of these three corrects can solve this problem and eliminate the ability if players to grief PVE players.

PaX Vayln (Echo Hill)  NA-PVE N12

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2. When a player reaches his max weight, He should NOT be able to keep walking. As in ark he should be stuck in one spot.

3. When you pick up a body with 20,000 weight you should NOT be able to walk like your holding a 30lbs body only. Again this was corrected in ark.

These 2 fixes would probably fix 95% of all the ship griefing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nightstrasza said:

They could still overcrowd the ship, crew limit needs to be gone and transfered into weight per person.

I believe unfriendly players/tames have already been removed from counting.  I had somebody land on my ship about a week ago and it didn't put me over (the ship was at capacity)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nightstrasza said:

They could still overcrowd the ship, crew limit needs to be gone and transfered into weight per person.

This also true but alot harder to do.  As you need tribes of 10+ agreeed it needs to also be fixed. But the big thing is the overweight can be done with 1 person in a few hours.

6 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Crew limit needs to be counted only for company and alliances on the ship. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Crew limit needs to be counted only for company and alliances on the ship. 

Then ppl outside of our company and aliance will just hop in for a free ride, that way even a raft could transport like 20 ppl on lvl 1. The crew limit transfer into weight limit have that exact exploit in mind.

Edited by Nightstrasza
  • Like 1

They know the problem for them it's not a priority.  Obviously since this has happened for weeks. Game breaking bug... Let's add tattoos to the Freeport vendor instead

Edited by MrHeid
  • Like 1

Just now, Nightstrasza said:

Then ppl outside of our company and aliance will just hop in for a free ride, that way even a raft could transport like 20 ppl on lvl 1. The crew limit transfer into weight limit have that exact exploit in mind.

Hm. Still better than having your ship sunk because of it. 

4 minutes ago, Axden1 said:

2. When a player reaches his max weight, He should NOT be able to keep walking. As in ark he should be stuck in one spot.

3. When you pick up a body with 20,000 weight you should NOT be able to walk like your holding a 30lbs body only. Again this was corrected in ark.

These 2 fixes would probably fix 95% of all the ship griefing.

I would add that there should be a maximum weight based on a multiplier of the Carry Capacity.  As soon as a player exceeds their carry weight limit they start taking Stamina damage in a ratio of the amount over the carry capacity... the more overloaded you are, the more damage per tick is inflicted.  This continues until the player

1)  Divests themselves of all excess weight

2)  Die.  This happens automatically when the Max. multiplier is reached, due to Crushing.

6 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Hm. Still better than having your ship sunk because of it. 

I have the same response for people that say that making overweight ships just stop will result in people blocking you in with ships.  In both cases, I'm frustrated and can't sail anywhere, but at least in the second case I still have a ship.

• Like 2

The overweighting issue is indeed a priority for our team and we definitely understand the frustration it's causing. We're working on a more delicate technical solution to resolve it, hopefully, we can get that in as soon as possible. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 2

42 minutes ago, Pax said:

Good Afternoon @Jatheish,

I am taking this time to write you in hopes you read it. I have spent a lot of time on the discord helping people with atlas, so much so that I am ranked number 10 on discord.  So I hope this buys me at least 5 mins to read this message/post.

First off I do have to say that the 2 games you guy have put out are really awesome games. Up until this point have really enjoyed both very very much.  

Little bit of my background, 

My brother and I now live on other sides of the country we play games together to stay connected. Ark and Atlas have been amazing for us as both fitted our playstyle and we love them both. We bought and played both Ark and Atlas, we were on servers from day 1.  In Ark between us we are pushing over 6,000 hours.

Heres where we talk about the problem.

Between my brother and I we are pushing 600 hours in Atlas.  As a 2 man tribe we have become a big trade selling animals across a lot of servers.  We build all 4 ships (in order) Sloop>Schooner>Brig>Gally.  As a two man team this was NOT easy. Took almost all of the 600 hours to get there.

Last night after I logged of and before I could log back in the next moring. Several of our ships were sunk on the NA-PVE server, 2 brigs, 1 sloop and 1 gally.  Who and Why are beyond the point. We don’t know there are several griefer tribe on the island/server we live on.

What I’m here to say is that this problem can be solved with one of 3 choice.  I will also say I’m not the first person that this has happened to and won’t be the last unless you take action.

The options are very simple. 

1. Remove ship damage from overweight. Until a more permanent solution can be found.

As in ark, When a raft is over-weight it can not move, make this the normal for PVE servers.

2. When a player reaches his max weight, He should NOT be able to keep walking. As in ark he should be stuck in one spot.

3. When you pick up a body with 20,000 weight you should NOT be able to walk like your holding a 30lbs body only. Again this was corrected in ark.

Any one of these three corrects can solve this problem and eliminate the ability if players to grief PVE players.

PaX Vayln (Echo Hill)  NA-PVE N12

God I am so sick of Ark players... Ark is not this game.... the popularity of this game is not because its like ARK... its because its different.... and better.... Please take ALL ARK ARK ARK ARK ARK ARK ARK talk and go to Ark forums please.... 

I am literally disgusted by this constant ark talk... 

Devs i play the crap out of games so give me 5 minutes... MAke your own vision stop listening to these crybaby single player/Roleplayers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

God I am so sick of Ark players... Ark is not this game.... the popularity of this game is not because its like ARK... its because its different.... and better.... Please take ALL ARK ARK ARK ARK ARK ARK ARK talk and go to Ark forums please.... 

Devs i play the crap out of games so give me 5 minutes... MAke your own vision stop listening to these crybaby single player/Roleplayers.

Wtf, they just lost their ships to an exploit and came here to bash them for being a "roleplayer"?, what it have to do with lossing stuff to exploits?

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

Game breaking bug... Let's add tattoos to the Freeport vendor instead

I see comments like this quite often not just in this game but other games in various stages of development.  I just want to point out that a company releasing content does not preclude they are ignoring bugs.  Grapeshot is not just one hive mind that works on the game.  They are broken up into teams.  One teams job is to produce content, such as tattoo's in the freeport vendor or earlier this month commodities traded for gold at the vendor.  There job has nothing to do with bugs or exploits around ships being sunk.  All they do is produce content of a specific nature.  They will probably continue to do this regardless of what else is going on in the game.  A whole another team focuses on bugs and exploits and likely a different team conceptualizes ideas for balance and fixing some exploits.  Yes I know what some of you may be thinking, no it would be a terrible idea to re purpose people or teams to fix a bug.  Changing team members or re purposing teams is extremely counter productive to an groups initiative overall.  Stop complaining about new content like its a bad thing and distracts from bug fixes.  It doesn't.

TLDR:  Multiple Teams on in any game developer, They will always be creating content with one team while another team fixes issues.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

I'm gonna name my next raft Ark.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Hpnotiq said:

I see comments like this quite often not just in this game but other games in various stages of development.  I just want to point out that a company releasing content does not preclude they are ignoring bugs.  Grapeshot is not just one hive mind that works on the game.  They are broken up into teams.  One teams job is to produce content, such as tattoo's in the freeport vendor or earlier this month commodities traded for gold at the vendor.  There job has nothing to do with bugs or exploits around ships being sunk.  All they do is produce content of a specific nature.  They will probably continue to do this regardless of what else is going on in the game.  A whole another team focuses on bugs and exploits and likely a different team conceptualizes ideas for balance and fixing some exploits.  Yes I know what some of you may be thinking, no it would be a terrible idea to re purpose people or teams to fix a bug.  Changing team members or re purposing teams is extremely counter productive to an groups initiative overall.  Stop complaining about new content like its a bad thing and distracts from bug fixes.  It doesn't.

TLDR:  Multiple Teams on in any game developer, They will always be creating content with one team while another team fixes issues.

While indeed this is true.  However, it does not excuse that the single most important exploit in the game has been abused for weeks at alarming rates in PVE and has hardly been acknowledged.  Most other game companies who care about playerbase and PR would at minimum come out with a temporary fix at minimum.   Apparently they have to much resources dedicated to the wring departments or they just don't care.  In a EA buggy game it seems to me you should get your base game fixed before you start adding new content.

25 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Wtf, they just lost their ships to an exploit and came here to bash them for being a "roleplayer"?, what it have to do with lossing stuff to exploits?

WE'VE ALL LOST OUR SHIP......

THE GAME HAS MORE GLARING ISSUES THAN ONE WAY THAT A SHIP IS LOST THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO AFFECT PVE SERVERS SHIPS... THERE ARE QUITE A FEW WAYS TO EASILY KILL A SHIP ON PVP THAT NEED ATTENTION.................<----------------

THESE LITTLE PVE KIDS GOT TWO ISSUES THEY CRYING ABOUT NON-STOP

ALPHAS AND OVERWIEGHTING SHIPS

FFS I WISH THE ONLY ISSUES PVP WAS EXPERIENCING WAS THAT SIMPLE.

Edited by Bolognapwny

32 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

The overweighting issue is indeed a priority for our team and we definitely understand the frustration it's causing. We're working on a more delicate technical solution to resolve it, hopefully, we can get that in as soon as possible. 

How about we turn off weight in the meantime.... because i mean... damn. just as a temp solution. Because right now its out of control

Edited by Case of the Scurvy
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

That's fine and dandy, we all want and are willing to wait for a decent fix to the issue. What we are not willing to wait for is retribution against those who we've provided evidence

showing them in the act. Y'all saying your working on a fix doesn't do jack about the people who are actively continuing to grief in the meantime and having no consequences for their actions. Once a fix is made are y'all going to remove them from the game? take away their claims and buildings and ban them? Or are they going to get to just keep playing the game knowing that they fucked over other players and got away with it?

• Like 2

It affects both Pve and PvP and needs to be addressed, no need to be so negative. To me it seems PvP has got to you a bit.....maybe put the game down and try something else cause I see no other reason why you would be so angry about this post. This is positive info for both Pve and PvP.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

WE'VE ALL LOST OUR SHIP......

THE GAME HAS MORE GLARING ISSUES THAN ONE WAY THAT A SHIP IS LOST THAT ONLY AFFECTS PVE SERVERS... THERE ARE QUITE A FEW WAYS TO EASILY KILL A SHIP ON PVP THAT NEED ATTENTION.................<----------------

THESE LITTLE PVE KIDS GOT TWO ISSUES THEY CRYING ABOUT NON-STOP

ALPHAS AND OVERWIEGHTING SHIPS

FFS I WISH THE ONLY ISSUES PVP WAS EXPERIENCING WAS THAT SIMPLE.

A significant number of players play PVE.

NA PVP right now has about 4.2k players playing, EU PVP has 7.7k. This adds up to about 12k players with 32k players total according to steam charts.

There are 20k players either on PVE or private servers. The game doesn't and shouldn't only revolve about PVP. If anything balancing PVP usually destroys the design around the intentions of PVE.

So by your logic, PVP shouldn't be the main focus right?

Edited by Jaite
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jaite said:

A significant number of players play PVE.

NA PVP right now has about 4.2k players playing, EU PVP has 7.7k. This adds up to about 12k players with 32k players total according to steam charts.

There are 20k players either on PVE or private servers. The game doesn't and shouldn't only revolve about PVP. If anything balancing PVP usually destroys the design around the intentions of PVE.

So by your logic, PVP shouldn't be the main focus right?

If they want a game that has more people than Ark ever did yeah... they need to focus on pvp.... PVE roleplayers will be here regardless on their lil server... doing their roleplay crap.

2 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

If they want a game that has more people than Ark ever did yeah... they need to focus on pvp.... PVE roleplayers will be here regardless on their lil server... doing their roleplay crap.

Brah... i dont think you are ever allowed to use ark as a reference for anything after what i saw a few post ago... 

Im not sayin im just sayin know what im sayin

• Like 3