Sign in to follow this  
Mortimer McMaron

Nazis in Atlas! Action against is needed!

Dear developers, dear community,

today I had to realize with dismay that there are also players in Atlas who glorify and propagate the Holocaust and the systematic murder of millions of people. On our island on the EU PVE server "Sirens Call" in square D10, a ship named "SS Buchenwald" like the Concentration Camp moored today. Also the abbreviation SS for Schutzstaffel. This Schutzstaffel was significantly involved in murder and many war crimes. We made screenshots of them and I ask the developers to take action against such glorifications of the Third Reich and its crimes. I can understand that not in all countries of the world a serious consideration of these events in the Second World War can be expected, but a glorification of these events should be banished and massively punished. It can also be clearly seen that the responsible players are well aware of what they are doing.

If you need mor Infos, just ask me. I am not a friend of Name & Shame but this is something i can't tolerate.

I would also like to point out that the things described are a criminal offence in Germany and other European countries. 

About the Holocaust and the United Nations Outreach Programm
Rejecting any denial of the Holocaust as a historical event, either in full or in part, the General Assembly adopted a resolution (A/RES/60/7) by consensus condemning "without reserve" all manifestations of religious intolerance, incitement, harassment or violence against persons or communities based on ethnic origin or religious belief, whenever they occur.

The resolution declared that the United Nations would designate 27 January -- the anniversary of the liberation of the Auschwitz death camp -- as an annual International Day of Commemoration in memory of the victims of the Holocaust, and urged Member States to develop educational programmes to instill the memory of the tragedy in future generations to prevent genocide from occurring again. It requested the United Nations Secretary-General to establish an outreach programme on the "Holocaust and the United Nations", as well as institute measures to mobilize civil society for Holocaust remembrance and education, in order to help prevent future acts of genocide.

The Holocaust was a turning point in history, which prompted the world to say "never again". The significance of resolution A/RES/60/7 is that it calls for a remembrance of past crimes with an eye towards preventing them in the future.

Shipname: SS Buchenwald

Company of Motumbo Somal

Owner: Germania

SS Buchenwald Kopie.jpg

Edited by Mortimer McMaron
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

oh please stop it. SJWs like you are worse. you wouldnt made this thread if the ship name was SS Stalin.  SS btw means Sailing Ship. just shows how bad informed you are. same is with your history knowledge. you know nothing what happend.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, TheCoolGuy said:

oh please stop it. SJWs like you are worse. you wouldnt made this thread if the ship name was SS Stalin.  SS btw means Sailing Ship. just shows how bad informed you are. same is with your history knowledge. you know nothing what happend.

Buchenwald does sound German, so I get his concerns. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Buchenwald does sound German, so I get his concerns. 

stop posting 24/7 get a life dude. and no SS means Sailing Ship or "Segelschiff" in german. shut up if you have no information

Edited by TheCoolGuy
  • Like 5

Whilst in poor taste for sure, I think we shouldn't let ghosts of the past decimate players choice to be what they want in a game of pillage, plunder, murder and conquest.  It's a paradox when you endorse all the things history has taught us not to be, and at the same time, telling players that they cannot do xyz because of history.  This is a game, and we know by logging in we're putting ourselves in wide open territory.  I personally have more issues with a certain terror group hell bent on terrorising the world right now, but even if we had ships named or sailing flags with certain symbols on it, it would make me want to fight them and grief them IN GAME, rather than take it out of the game.

I get what you mean though, it can dredge up uncomfortable memories.  My advice is to take out an in game vengeance, not out of game one.

/saluted

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, TheCoolGuy said:

stop posting 24/7 get a life dude. and no SS means Sailing Ship or "Segelschiff" in german. shut up if you have no information

Lol, I don’t know where this is coming from. You can’t accept that I can understand his thoughts about an German Ship with SS in front of it? If you can’t understand that in the slightest.. 

• Haha 1

This game is rated mature.  STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK YOUR BONES BUT WORDS WILL NEVER HURT YOU. STFU and quit being a little kid. its a game . if you dont like it. dont play.

• Like 3

Even though I do understand your thoughts on this and I do not tolerate any nazism, even though being called a Nazi just for being German quite a couple of times by some undereducated whoevers, the vessels name does not actually indicate a relation to nazism.

You could interpret it the way you understood it, but it could also be a coincidence. First Buchenwald is not only a concentration camp, it is also a town. There is a tradition to name vessels after towns. Just like the frigate Bremen or the USS Dallas. 

SS does not have to be the abreviation for Schutzstaffel. SS is the international abreviation for Sailing Ship. Indicating, everyone using the abreviation SS in their vessels name, is a Nazi, would wipe almost the whole server.

So, it could be a coincidence, or it is like you say a glorification. In any case, as long as this is the only possible sign of it and no pattern is shown,like more ship names of that company, or the swastika in black on the white ground framed red, or their character names directly relating to actual person of the third reich, it would be discriminating to take action against those players.

I guess, you know, that Nazism is all about discrimination - or at least a main part of it is - so accusing one of being a Nazi without any hard evidence, like stated I do understand what you mean, but it also could be a coincidence, that is not related to this, and just one ship's name that could be linked to it, should not be considered hard evidence, could also lead to discrimination and Nazism.

But, I totally agree, if those guys are real Nazis, they should be banned directly. With no mercy!

• Like 1

Not to forget that Buchenwald is a concentration camp from nazi Germany built by the SS. 

So if I called my ship SS Auschwitz, you still couldn’t understand why that would hurt people even in the slightest? 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Percieval, there is NO more Nazi Germany. Maybe, you could be so kind and take that into your consideration, thank you. So, my post stated a posibility and if you would have understood it, which you obviously did not, you should have read, that this whole discussion is actually and mainly you right now! - part of NAZISM. 

Discriminating and forcing ones opinion on a subject or group of persons on the whole community, let me think, when did that happen? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Insegt said:

Percieval, there is NO more Nazi Germany. Maybe, you could be so kind and take that into your consideration, thank you. So, my post stated a posibility and if you would have understood it, which you obviously did not, you should have read, that this whole discussion is actually and mainly you right now! - part of NAZISM. 

Discriminating and forcing ones opinion on a subject or group of persons on the whole community, let me think, when did that happen? 

I think I said I can understand OP’s thoughts since Nazi stuff is bannable in most games I ever played. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TheCoolGuy said:

9 minutes ago, Zestay said:

This game is rated mature.  STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK YOUR BONES BUT WORDS WILL NEVER HURT YOU. STFU and quit being a little kid. its a game . if you dont like it. dont play.

Luckily, it's not up to the forum posters to decide this.  There's a code of conduct for the game now.  Not saying that ship is in violation of it , but the rules are set.

Behaviour, Chat, and Interaction With Others

Interactions through text chat, voice chat, and signs or paintings must adhere to the rules below and you cannot use alternative spellings to circumvent restrictions.

Ensure that you do not:

• Offend - this includes but is not limited to language which is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive.
  • Post Personal Information - belonging to someone else in the game or any Official Platforms related to the game.
  • Harass, Stalk, Threaten - such as sending repeated unsolicited or unwelcome messages to specific users/Companies.
  • Disrupt the game - such as intentionally causing the chat screen to scroll faster than other users are able to read, or setting up macros with large amounts of text that, when used, have a disruptive effect on the normal flow of chat.
  • Promote - do not send messages which are advertisements for inappropriate topics, including scamming, hacking, exploits or the sale of goods and services unless trading within the game for game specific resources
  • Real-money trading (RMT) - items, creatures, or services must only be exchanged for other items, creatures, or services within the game. Trading for real-world currency (real money) is not an accepted form of trading.
  • Like 4

I mean, asking Germany to redefine words because some people used them badly is a bit silly overall. You have a smaller point with Auschwitz, as its just a proper noun. But with something like buchenwald, your basically saying they need to come up with a new word to refer to a beech tree. Its a bit silly when you look at it that way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Nazi stuff, and as stated, porven Nazis should be banned. But a vessels name, like explained earlier, is no hard evidence for Nazism!. 

Even Sailing Ship Ausschwitz is no hard evidence. Actually, your posts could be misread to an account of: "You live in Buchenwald and want to call your ship Sailing Ship Buchenwald, thean you are a NAZI! Leading to you are living in Dachau (another Concentration Camp) or Bergen-Belsen, well, then you are a Nazi. Oops, and the soldier of the second Armored Brigade (British) that were stationed, following this argumentation, would have been Nazis, too. I hope you see where some panicing and always referencing history in any casse, even though maybe not applicable, might lead to.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheCoolGuy said:

Sure... SS means Sailing Ship.... nice try. And Buchenwald is just a nice place to be? 

If a german player uses Words like Buchenwald an SS and even Germania together, it is clear what this means. 

Germania, was the Name of Hitlers SS Special Group and the wantetd name of his planned capital city. Buchenwald was a concentration camp to kill Millions of people. So if you think this is ok, i don't have any more words.

Edited by Mortimer McMaron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Insegt said:

Nazi stuff, and as stated, porven Nazis should be banned. But a vessels name, like explained earlier, is no hard evidence for Nazism!. 

Even Sailing Ship Ausschwitz is no hard evidence. Actually, your posts could be misread to an account of: "You live in Buchenwald and want to call your ship Sailing Ship Buchenwald, thean you are a NAZI! Leading to you are living in Dachau (another Concentration Camp) or Bergen-Belsen, well, then you are a Nazi. Oops, and the soldier of the second Armored Brigade (British) that were stationed, following this argumentation, would have been Nazis, too. I hope you see where some panicing and always referencing history in any casse, even though maybe not applicable, might lead to.

Buchenwald and Ausschwitz aren't cities. These are just the names of the nazi killing camps. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Mortimer McMaron said:

Buchenwald and Ausschwitz aren't cities. These are just the names of the nazi killing camps. 

Nope, they were actual towns, the camps were named after. The villages still exist - at least their remains - and are still registered. I admit that they may not be inhabited anymore. but their origins out of these towns and villages. Even though not any German would move into a village called "Buchenwald" nowadays. 

Anyway, any more evidence of Nazism? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Insegt said:

Nope, they were actual towns, the camps were named after. The villages still exist - at least their remains - and are still registered. I admit that they may not be inhabited anymore. but their origins out of these towns and villages. Even though not any German would move into a village called "Buchenwald" nowadays. 

Haha, I already see it in front of me. 

‘Hey, where do you got your ship name from?’ 

‘Yeah it’s from a town that has some remains, but is still registered.’ 

Edited by Percieval

23 minutes ago, Mortimer McMaron said:

Sure... SS means Sailing Ship.... nice try. And Buchenwald is just a nice place to be? 

If a german player uses Words like Buchenwald an SS and even Germania together, it is clear what this means. 

Germania, was the Name of Hitlers SS Special Group and the wantetd name of his planned capital city. Buchenwald was a concentration camp to kill Millions of people. So if you think this is ok, i don't have any more words.

Well for starters German law doesn't apply to the rest of the world.   If this game were to follow German law then the blood would be colored Green instead among other outrageous things. Even the game Wolfenstein can't even use 'Swastiskas' when they make a German version of it even though the game is clearly anti Nazi.

Most countries respect history good or bad and do not try and cover it up whenever it is mentioned. Rather then demand that everyone else change things to suit you, try petitioning your politicians not to create silly laws.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Insegt said:

No, the KZ Buchenwald was build on a Hill called Ettersberg near the Town of Weimar. There was never a town called Buchenwald. So please stop talking bullshit. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Lukas1987 said:

Cant wait until someone report me for Trump memes on my sails

Since when is Trump responsible for the mass murder of millions of people? 

Hi, i understand what you are saying here. The name "SS Buchenwald" in this particular case seems to be exactly what you think it is. But i have a big problem with this post.

I will explain: When you search the internet for the ship prefix "SS" you will find some sides including a list on Wikipedia (English), in the english version "SS" stands for Steam Ship or Steam Screw. But if you google it in german, you will find a Wikipedia list in german. This list says "SS" stands for Sailing Ship and Steam Ship. My problem here is, i myself googled it in german as we started and i named our ships "SS Maria" and "SS Niobe". So i am from poland and live in germany, i concider myself as the opposite of a Nazi and still i get insulted ingame everytime i write in german. thing is, in that "toxic" environment i would suggest to report such things to the support and not make it public in this forum, so the hate ingame will grow further. Now i am concerned that i will get more of this insults while sitting on my "SS Maria" talking german. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Glombo said:

Hi, i understand what you are saying here. The name "SS Buchenwald" in this particular case seems to be exactly what you think it is. But i have a big problem with this post.

I will explain: When you search the internet for the ship prefix "SS" you will find some sides including a list on Wikipedia (English), in the english version "SS" stands for Steam Ship or Steam Screw. But if you google it in german, you will find a Wikipedia list in german. This list says "SS" stands for Sailing Ship and Steam Ship. My problem here is, i myself googled it in german as we started and i named our ships "SS Maria" and "SS Niobe". So i am from poland and live in germany, i concider myself as the opposite of a Nazi and still i get insulted ingame everytime i write in german. thing is, in that "toxic" environment i would suggest to report such things to the support and not make it public in this forum, so the hate ingame will grow further. Now i am concerned that i will get more of this insults while sitting on my "SS Maria" talking german. 

I think OP’s problem isn’t even the SS one; more of the SS in combination with concentration camps. SS could also stand for Secret Service by some american boys. 

• Like 1