Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
chukiki

Remove "PVE" called servers

Recommended Posts

Why are these ridiculous trash mode servers still up?
Remove them already!

Do not cater to players that are too baby to play a pirate game. Ur splitting the community by allowing servers for little cry babies.

Im not comming back to Atlas as long as the stupid "PVE" server is still on.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, you not coming back is a definite reason to keep pve servers running for eternity! Bravo!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chukiki said:

Why are these ridiculous trash mode servers still up?
Remove them already!

Do not cater to players that are too baby to play a pirate game. Ur splitting the community by allowing servers for little cry babies.

Im not comming back to Atlas as long as the stupid "PVE" server is still on.

To say its splitting up the community, you have to assume the PVEers would move to PVP servers. I think most would just quit. If they wanted Atlas PVP, they would already be there.

Maybe we revisit this idea after much more work on Atlas is completed. Until then we'll leave it to the off-line raiders and the rubber-banding lag sea battles. Or the we have far more people then you so we will level your base today. But you guys do make some entertaining videos.

Thumbs up to Fe7on! If this game ever gets to a point of running good, I'll come hammer on your planks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get over it dude. You don't know what trash is, if you did, you'd climb in a bag curbside.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 5:13 PM, chukiki said:

Why are these ridiculous trash mode servers still up?
Remove them already!

Do not cater to players that are too baby to play a pirate game. Ur splitting the community by allowing servers for little cry babies.

Im not comming back to Atlas as long as the stupid "PVE" server is still on.

the game is made that way, you can place what you build in the open world and you can claim land

you can not do this in sea of thieves

sot is based on pvp, you jump in the game, do stuff kill stuff and log out

nothing persists in the game in sot for other players that you did except someone robbed you and if you place stuff it is only for this session.

 

you see the difference?

in sot a few ppl screm for pve because of the "griefers" but yea it is a pirate game. but i totally agree if you wanna play what you have paid for and i agree on outposts should be no pvp is sot.

 

in both games tho, if you are outnumbered, you lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 11:13 AM, chukiki said:

Im not comming back to Atlas as long as the stupid "PVE" server is still on.

Well in that case, you'll be gone for a loooooong time! Cya! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 8:13 AM, chukiki said:

Why are these ridiculous trash mode servers still up?
Remove them already!

Do not cater to players that are too baby to play a pirate game. Ur splitting the community by allowing servers for little cry babies.

Im not comming back to Atlas as long as the stupid "PVE" server is still on.

So they are supposed to cater to cry babies like you? We all know the real problem you have with this. You really aren’t any good at the game and can’t hold your own against all of the other companies, so you want someone you can easily defeat because they are casual.

I mean it’s pretty pathetic to say the least but hey, if you suck I really don’t blame you for trying this.

btw, you are making yourself sound like a bratty kid running to his mom because the other kids don’t want to play with you. Suck it up buttercup, you aren’t getting your way.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, she's clearly on the spectrum. All her useless posts are garbage at best at gibberish usually.

Devs, I have revised my previous positions a little. I think it of the utmost importance that we maintain a PvE server.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chukiki  why do you make post after post being a troll?  Go be a productive member of society and stop wasting your time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chukiki said:

this server will be removed soon.

Nah, the game will be removed soon. Bottom 100 of all games on steam. The whole game isn’t good so sorry to tell you but the pve people won’t be going over to pvp just because they get rid of pve. They will just leave an already failed game and then the game will become number 1 on the bottom 100 list lmao. 
 

so sure let’s do it. Get rid of pve. You can still go ahead and play by yourself lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

Nah, the game will be removed soon. Bottom 100 of all games on steam. The whole game isn’t good so sorry to tell you but the pve people won’t be going over to pvp just because they get rid of pve. They will just leave an already failed game and then the game will become number 1 on the bottom 100 list lmao. 
 

so sure let’s do it. Get rid of pve. You can still go ahead and play by yourself lol

It will be a shame if it does. This game had so much going for it. I kept hoping they would replace the dev team. Between the choices I can't understand in direction and the wipes, I'm less invested  than ever. Something tells me this new claim system will be a flop. Hopefully they bring the old map back so the whole world is not claimed in the first week.

I was watching a pvp stream on Twitch the other day and found it interesting how he kept saying that nothing ever works. You get a dozen or so ships firing on a port and the server get overwhelmed. They want us to go to that? I had a game crash (on my gaming rig that never crashes) crossing a grid line last week. I was unable to connect for 2 days until the server reset. I logged in to find my gally still alive but other in general chat were saying they just lost ship in the reset. And this is after what, 2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gemini Five said:

It will be a shame if it does. This game had so much going for it. I kept hoping they would replace the dev team. Between the choices I can't understand in direction and the wipes, I'm less invested  than ever. Something tells me this new claim system will be a flop. Hopefully they bring the old map back so the whole world is not claimed in the first week.

I was watching a pvp stream on Twitch the other day and found it interesting how he kept saying that nothing ever works. You get a dozen or so ships firing on a port and the server get overwhelmed. They want us to go to that? I had a game crash (on my gaming rig that never crashes) crossing a grid line last week. I was unable to connect for 2 days until the server reset. I logged in to find my gally still alive but other in general chat were saying they just lost ship in the reset. And this is after what, 2 years.

Yeah man, I feel you. The “game” isn’t the problem. The dev company always has and always will be. The decisions they have made and all of the bad business practices as well as unethical behavior is just simply unacceptable.

quick note though when you said “new claim system”. It’s really just a remake of the first claim system so in all reality it is just them coming full circle. 
 

the only point I will disagree with you on is the “bringing back the old map” part. I don’t blame you for thinking that way but these guys aren’t making any money(their own faults). They simply cannot afford to have that many servers. They didn’t make the map smaller to be “innovative” or “create more interaction”. They literally can’t afford that many servers anymore. 

once they cut off one full pve server(which led to a downfall in numbers) they saved 225 servers worth of money. Making the other 3 remaining clusters smaller I think they saved another 100-150(can’t remember the exact number) server costs.

their decisions have led them to bleed money and resources and even if people think they are “loyal” customers, they really don’t care about that. I know some people want to feel special because they are loyal but I usually just pity those people. This is a business and money comes first. The unfortunate part is this isn’t a good company so money will not come in.

don’t worry about what the OP says because they won’t just get rid of pve completely because if they did(they can’t be that stupid) the remaining 1100 people playing would easily drop to 500 or less.

OP just wants more people to play with but that isn’t going to happen. He will slowly realize that the numbers will continue to go down regardless. Best example is the steam charts. People here try to hang on the words “numbers are low because a wipe is coming” which is so obvious I am embarrassed for them for even saying that. The main thing to look at is the drop in players before the wipe and then the increase after the wipe. Every time a wipe happens the increase gets smaller and also the drop off before the wipe gets bigger. 

this is a two year old game that wasn’t all that successful even in the beginning. After two years of the same thing people just get either bored or tired of it. They didn’t listen when factions were requested. They didn’t listen when pvp and pve could combine(some safe servers) that way a real economy could start. These guys just did a horrible job. I sure hope they are ashamed of themselves, because any other feeling would be unjust at this point.

literally the only saving grace would be safe servers or factions(and you have to be part of one of the factions). But hey, if they want to stay in the bottom 100 as one of the worst games we can let them.

Edited by George of the jungle
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 10:18 PM, George of the jungle said:

Nah, the game will be removed soon. Bottom 100 of all games on steam. The whole game isn’t good so sorry to tell you but the pve people won’t be going over to pvp just because they get rid of pve. They will just leave an already failed game and then the game will become number 1 on the bottom 100 list lmao. 
 

so sure let’s do it. Get rid of pve. You can still go ahead and play by yourself lol

Atlas is currently in 314th place on steam according to steamcharts... I am pretty sure theres more then 414 games on steam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pant said:

Atlas is currently in 314th place on steam according to steamcharts... I am pretty sure theres more then 414 games on steam.

Nah, it’s number 71 on the bottom 100 list. I already posted the link. Really doesn’t matter what you say at this point.

edit: it is called the hall of shame. It also says the bottom 100 worst games of all time on steam lmao.

Edited by George of the jungle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

Nah, it’s number 71 on the bottom 100 list. I already posted the link. Really doesn’t matter what you say at this point.

edit: it is called the hall of shame. It also says the bottom 100 worst games of all time on steam lmao.

A third party website based on steam user reviews. Because review bombing is not a thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pant said:

A third party website based on steam user reviews. Because review bombing is not a thing...

There is over 37,000 reviews. Little too late  to try to use the excuse of review bombing. If there were only a few hundred or even a couple thousand it would make an impact. With 37,000 that isn’t bombing, it’s the average opinion of a lot of people. Bombing only has an impact on a low review count.

so you are going on something that the only thing is population as far as a games rating? Well even if we did that sorry to tell you but the population will keep going down anyways. Even when the wipe happens and some come back(always do) it will still only be a fraction of the people that were there before(always happens according to steam charts). So either way it’s going to continue to drop in rank over there as well.

so really even being number 314 is bad enough, but the actual game ranking of 4.6 is very well deserved. It’s definitely a failure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, George of the jungle said:

There is over 37,000 reviews. Little too late  to try to use the excuse of review bombing. If there were only a few hundred or even a couple thousand it would make an impact. With 37,000 that isn’t bombing, it’s the average opinion of a lot of people. Bombing only has an impact on a low review count.

so you are going on something that the only thing is population as far as a games rating? Well even if we did that sorry to tell you but the population will keep going down anyways. Even when the wipe happens and some come back(always do) it will still only be a fraction of the people that were there before(always happens according to steam charts). So either way it’s going to continue to drop in rank over there as well.

so really even being number 314 is bad enough, but the actual game ranking of 4.6 is very well deserved. It’s definitely a failure.

The game was basically reviewed bombed 2 years ago at launch. Atlas's rank on that website is pretty much set in stone at this point, if the devs turned the game around tomorrow that website would still have Atlas on the bottom of the list. User reviews is an absolute terrible metric to gauge a game on. User reviews have more to do with a game meeting expectations or not, then how good or bad it is.

I have never said the game isn't dying, I am just pointing out it its not as bad as the picture you are trying to paint. Its 314 on steamcharts now and after the wipe it will probably be 150-200.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pant said:

I have never said the game isn't dying, I am just pointing out it its not as bad as the picture you are trying to paint. Its 314 on steamcharts now and after the wipe it will probably be 150-200.

And shortly after the wipe it will go to 500. It’s been a constant drop which you are right, it does say a lot about the game. The rise won’t be as high and the drop will be a lot bigger. Let’s wait two months and see how low it is then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, George of the jungle said:

And shortly after the wipe it will go to 500. It’s been a constant drop which you are right, it does say a lot about the game. The rise won’t be as high and the drop will be a lot bigger. Let’s wait two months and see how low it is then.

Well the numbers will not drop thath much.Why? Because the game was purchased by i guess about more than 100000 people besides some bought several accounts or switched from Xbox to PC... as long the Devs do something there is always Players comming back to test out if the Devs did something good. I myself do so. I play PVE and test the trading as well as a little the new ships. The Xbox Players paid all more than the double price for their game considering the standard game price of about 25€. But also there are many out there that got the game for 4€ in sale or just bought 3-4 copies at that time to gift it or make alternative accounts. Also all steam numbers do not include the Xbox Players that are still out there... well most likely in the PVE. The next patch will maybe bring a new map with new island templates in the best case and maybe the Devs do even add some unexpected stuff which means Players will start playing, testing and on PVE end up keeping there stuff alive with daily log in to restart the farmhouses etc.(Like i do currently myself). So PVE numbers may not drop if the PVE server remains. A big change could be Amazones New World if that concept of factions will show if it's good to attract the PVE gamers as well giving the PvP Players lots of opportunities. I guess that game has more potential to make Players leave than Last Oasis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2021 at 5:37 PM, chukiki said:

remove

oh the troll is back... Chukiki please go back to steam forum and troll there as "123" final fantasy boy. We don't need your comments here as long you don't have some ideas that would really improve the game for all Players and not only your offline "raider" grief style. Just read you are upset that you can't claim a base with a claim tower *buh*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...