Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
gumbyc

Why have you left us ?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I really love this game. We've come a long way from the time you forgot to put trees on the islands to the time you made climbing on the rope ladders easier.

For months and months all I heard was "it's EA, what do you expect, you gotta wait" . No more excuses, although you've fixed dozens of bugs, many still remain and you are silent. Why ?

This is a sailing game, and I really enjoy sailing. I don't know what happened but somewhere along the line the sailing mechanics have gone south. Some grids are better than others but the boats goes underwater when sailing and it really takes a lot of the realism out of it. PLEASE fit this.

 

Why do we have to beg for you to continue to support your development?

 

sailing 1-2.jpg

Edited by gumbyc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing atlas on pc since release, and on xbox since release too, and even though I still enjoy the game for the most part I am getting bored a bit now. When I sail to another island now I know what to expect to find before I arrive. I can't say for deffo that Atlas has been abandoned, but regardless of that it's going to take a lot of additional content to keep it on it's feet, and I think by the time the devs show an interest  again it will be too late anyway. And if another pyrate game gets released in the meantime then atlas won't stand a chance in the long term, short term yes, but not for the long run. There just isn't enough to do now. Also bearing in mind I've started from the beginning again, 4 times now too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree we definitely need new content, but whatever may come will be too little too late. There are still many aspects of the game that I enjoy, so I'll keep playing until it goes to crap.

Thanks for the response.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

devs know with the release of last oasis/new world there is no point, they got all the money they gona get from this from pc/xbox so unless they plan on a ps4 release there is no chance of any more time/money being put in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe they have given up on atlas. The wait is excruciating but I am confident they will be back in action at some point. Let's just hope it is sooner rather than later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

devs know with the release of last oasis/new world there is no point, they got all the money they gona get from this from pc/xbox so unless they plan on a ps4 release there is no chance of any more time/money being put in this game.

Last Oasis was and is a shit show. Nothing to be worried about there tbh. New World, to early to tell, honeymoon phase hasnt even began with NW yet, we shall see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bluestone said:

I don't believe they have given up on atlas. The wait is excruciating but I am confident they will be back in action at some point. Let's just hope it is sooner rather than later.

They may not have given up on Atlas but do you believe they are actually working on it?

Do you believe their lack of communication is at all acceptable?

7 hours ago, Belle said:

Last Oasis was and is a shit show. Nothing to be worried about there tbh. New World, to early to tell, honeymoon phase hasnt even began with NW yet, we shall see.

The server problems were a shit show, yes! but the game-play looked pretty good. And when it worked, it ran smoother on it's first day than Atlas runs now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trouble for me now is early access, everything seems to be able to be released unfinished now with a never ending licence to take as long as you like developing the base game.I used to think it was a good thing but now i'm not so sure. Early access needs to have precise development guides and set time limits, otherwise it can be used as a never ending excuse to do nothing or do very little to improve a game. Bannerlord 2 is finally out now as early access, and even though it's a great game to charge almost full price for it is plain wrong, especially as it's the players who will be doing the testing and feedback. i'd love a job that pays me for work I might or might not do for two years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

They may not have given up on Atlas but do you believe they are actually working on it?

Do you believe their lack of communication is at all acceptable?

The server problems were a shit show, yes! but the game-play looked pretty good. And when it worked, it ran smoother on it's first day than Atlas runs now.

Yeah I did see vids of the game play and was impressed. I just want to be a pirate. Why is it so hard lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lordkhan4444 said:

plot twist, april fools!!

lmao!  our crew was saying that same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nowhere near good enough to get me back playing Atlas or the majority that left the game months ago. A few fixes or changes here and there is not going to entice me back I'm afraid.

The way the have treated the community it should have been a big update and a huge turnaround in the way the game plays which could possibly mean another wipe, that's what would bring me back. No new content, no new items, the new flames to the sails doesn't do it for me.

Where is the change of direction they said was going to happen? What are they working on? When are these updates being rolled out? Where is the SORRY to the community for abandoning them? Give some pathnotes and hope all is forgiven, nope people have shown their feelings by leaving and I doubt they will be back in any hurry.

I can tell you now as soon as New World is released you can bring as many updates as you want, I and many others won't be back. Stick it up your a***.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an update from the one guy left they forgot to tell that everyone else had quit because he was at home self-isolating. A huge patch, basically to make a shitty, useless tame relevant to the pvp side by adding another ammo type. Some minor qol bullshit and addresses none of the major issues impacting the game. But hey, those that whiteknight the shit out this with comments like "Gitgud noob, it is early access winning!" won't be swayed. Need to get some of the COE people that just got gaped by Jeromy Walsh in here to give them grief pointers when their world is crushed. Good job on releasing an untested build btw. Logged on to find any animal on a ship that was interacted with immediately appeared on the bottom of the ocean under the ship. Well done. Make sure to leave that part out  of the Skype job interviews you will be needing to do for your next position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2020 at 11:19 AM, Bluestone said:

 I am confident

Uhhh why?

1 hour ago, UnknownSystemError said:

This is an update from the one guy left they forgot to tell that everyone else had quit because he was at home self-isolating. A huge patch, basically to make a shitty, useless tame relevant to the pvp side by adding another ammo type. Some minor qol bullshit and addresses none of the major issues impacting the game. But hey, those that whiteknight the shit out this with comments like "Gitgud noob, it is early access winning!" won't be swayed. Need to get some of the COE people that just got gaped by Jeromy Walsh in here to give them grief pointers when their world is crushed. Good job on releasing an untested build btw. Logged on to find any animal on a ship that was interacted with immediately appeared on the bottom of the ocean under the ship. Well done. Make sure to leave that part out  of the Skype job interviews you will be needing to do for your next position.

Spaghetti code?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

WOW......They are still there. Well, someone is anyways. Hopefully another patch will come out in the near future to fix other bug.

Glad your not dead.

ps   My patch stalled at 94%, had to clear my d/l cache.

Edited by gumbyc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...