Sign in to follow this  
Elmo

The Discord post stream chat with Dollie

31 minutes ago, Realist said:

The problem is there isn’t a decent base of long term players. Even 20k isn’t a decent base. 1500 sure isn’t as well

Well, that's obvious. They've got to build on what they've got.   But you won't get a decent base if you treat them as disposable.

• Like 1

It is a b2p title. If you stop playing, it saves them money. There is absolutely no profit in this for them beyond cash grabbing any way they can. Fucked up your PC gamer rep to the point no one will buy your steaming pos? Throw it to console gamers and hope they as usual haven't paid attention and will drop the cash.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

It is a b2p title. If you stop playing, it saves them money. There is absolutely no profit in this for them beyond cash grabbing any way they can. Fucked up your PC gamer rep to the point no one will buy your steaming pos? Throw it to console gamers and hope they as usual haven't paid attention and will drop the cash.

i mean, that's a cute small minded excuse for logic but in the world of mmorpg's, micro transactions are king (of profit). they've talked about micro transactions since before early access launch that they wanted to implement microtransactions after official full launch. now with that being said, if there isnt a player base to buy their micro transactions because of their stupid choices on how they conducted the early access, that's on them. Ive spent nearly 10k on micro transactions in elder scrolls online, alone... dont get me started on star citizen lmao... they're really shooting themselves in the foot with how they are fucking around. the whales are leaving for better seas... which is sad... cause before all this i was super amped to be a whale... now im not.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Like 1

heya boomer, i read your previous posts and am disagreeing with them. I really hope you are right and I am wrong. 

do you really think the 1500 people left playing on pc will generate enough mtx money to keep the server lights on? not to mention enough cash to justify creating new content...

saying you doubt xboners are aware of the bad pc alpha release makes it seem like even more of a cash grab to me.

to make things worse - if they do sell a bunch of xbone copies and those folks log in to get curb stomped by level 100 mythic gally ...well, how many of those people do you really expect to stick around and purchase mtx?

again. i sincerely hope that i am wrong. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

Well, that's obvious. They've got to build on what they've got.   But you won't get a decent base if you treat them as disposable.

We don’t have to worry about that anymore. PlayStation doesn’t do EA so we are going to have to wait for the official release before we have to worry about them. We just need to do it this one last time and then everything will be fine.

i mean hopefully the loyal players will be understanding of their situation since they are loyal. If they left because of something like this then they wouldn’t really be that loyal at all.

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

i mean, that's a cute small minded excuse for logic but in the world of mmorpg's, micro transactions are king (of profit). they've talked about micro transactions since before early access launch that they wanted to implement microtransactions after official full launch. now with that being said, if there isnt a player base to buy their micro transactions because of their stupid choices on how they conducted the early access, that's on them. Ive spent nearly 10k on micro transactions in elder scrolls online, alone... dont get me started on star citizen lmao... they're really shooting themselves in the foot with how they are fucking around. the whales are leaving for better seas... which is sad... cause before all this i was super amped to be a whale... now im not.

10 thousand dollars??? That is a lot of partying.

dont bother telling me your age because I will still be partying well after any number you say.

nah, this game was a cool dolphin. And dolphins are cool btw so that isn’t me talking crap, but this game was never going to be a whale. Ark isn’t even a whale and it was 100 times more successful. A whale is straight AAA.

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

We don’t have to worry about that anymore. PlayStation doesn’t do EA so we are going to have to wait for the official release before we have to worry about them. We just need to do it this one last time and then everything will be fine.

i mean hopefully the loyal players will be understanding of their situation since they are loyal. If they left because of something like this then they wouldn’t really be that loyal at all.

Not to cherry pick quotes here, but Winter Thorne is saying that you cant get money without a game, you gotta build one what you got and build a game. You don't get people buying your game and staying to play your game so that they are a decent base, if there is no game.

You do not have a game. Once PS5 release comes, then xbob 4, then we can start making the game to make the base.

Then we will see how smart you all are and you can see i'm totally loyal, I'm remaining optimistic that someone will reply to my shitpost here so we can continue losing the 2 brain cells we have left.

1 minute ago, Realist said:

10 thousand dollars??? That is a lot of partying.

dont bother telling me your age because I will still be partying well after any number you say.

nah, this game was a cool dolphin. And dolphins are cool btw so that isn’t me talking crap, but this game was never going to be a whale. Ark isn’t even a whale and it was 100 times more successful. A whale is straight AAA.

whale is a word from the gaming industry to describe a supporter of a game that spends 1000's of dollars on their game.

3 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

Not to cherry pick quotes here, but Winter Thorne is saying that you cant get money without a game, you gotta build one what you got and build a game. You don't get people buying your game and staying to play your game so that they are a decent base, if there is no game.

You do not have a game. Once PS5 release comes, then xbob 4, then we can start making the game to make the base.

Then we will see how smart you all are and you can see i'm totally loyal, I'm remaining optimistic that someone will reply to my shitpost here so we can continue losing the 2 brain cells we have left.

Well it’s really the Xbox 5 since the Xbox one X was actually a pretty good upgrade. Not to be not picky or anything.

you shouldn’t say things like that eeeceee. Even though I ignore the posts that I really can’t understand what you are saying, that doesn’t mean that your posts are 💩. It is really just me having no clue how to respond to them.

to be honest I was having a little bit of trouble with your first paragraph. I mean I think o got the jist of it but I think some of the stuff got lost in translation

4 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

What is a bob?

Come on eeeceee. You know what a bob is. You say that word all the time so you should already know

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Come on eeeceee. You know what a bob is. You say that word all the time so you should already know

Maybe a better question for him would be...

What is a bundt?

27 minutes ago, Realist said:

loyalty is earned and must be constantly maintained... unless youre just a pawn 

17 minutes ago, eeeceee said:

What is a bob?

boys on the beach.. literally. comes from ark. you'd always find easy prey on the beach and coast lines. now it seems to have devolved into another word for noob.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

26 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Exactly. If someone has left for any reason out of anger or throwing a fit, they simply aren’t loyal. Loyalty stays and disloyalty leaves.

it really is that simple. I am glad we agree enki.

39 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Maybe a better question for him would be...

What is a bundt?

You are a weird character boomer. And not a joke character as eeeceee likes to say. But on the other hand if someone randomly called you a joke character without us even knowing the definition that eeeceee gave, I probably would have said yep, seems like a joke character lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

You are a weird character boomer. And not a joke character as eeeceee likes to say. But on the other hand if someone randomly called you a joke character without us even knowing the definition that eeeceee gave, I probably would have said yep, seems like a joke character lol

Give me a wurd

any wurd

and I will tell you how the roooooot of that wurd is Greek.

56 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Almost forgot. People may not like me but I have been around since the beginning. Almost religiously lol

who knows, I might be like herpes but I am not leaving anytime soon. Ark forums, atlas forums, twitter, basically anything you can think of. A very constant stream of information and feedback for multiple years.

if people want to talk about loyalty, they have another thing coming. Loyalty doesn’t mean positive. Loyalty means you are there. 

This wasn’t anything wrong with you btw or directed at you in any means. Just thinking out loud.

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

whale is a word from the gaming industry to describe a supporter of a game that spends 1000's of dollars on their game.

Then they should be doing literally everything you tell them to instead of listening to the Megas that spend 25 dollars.

automatic disrespect for the company on that one

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Then they should be doing literally everything you tell them to instead of listening to the Megas that spend 25 dollars.

if they had listened to me from the beginning they'd have kept a huge player base and would have attracted 100's of whales by now. probably could have rolled out the micro transactions sooner and got them selves huge funding to bring on more dev's and roll out more content. i mean shit... look up my posts. theres plenty of great suggestions that would have saved this game from the beginning. 

38 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

if they had listened to me from the beginning they'd have kept a huge player base and would have attracted 100's of whales by now. probably could have rolled out the micro transactions sooner and got them selves huge funding to bring on more dev's and roll out more content. i mean shit... look up my posts. theres plenty of great suggestions that would have saved this game from the beginning. 

Well even though I meant the game you spent 10k on... but yeah screw it, if you are willing to spend that kind of money here then screw my opinion. I will easily bow out and stfu if you are spending that much money.

you guys better listen to his ass(no, not sarcastic). If you have the potential to have a high amount of money from a single person then you better listen the hell up. Kind of shaking my head now. They are listening to Megas that spent what 20 bucks?

i had no clue mmo guys spent that kind of cash. 

Edited by Realist

I am sooo tired of reading or seeing topics about wipe or no wipe 😛 Hey DEVS! Wipe it at least TEN times before you rel to crossplay.. TY! make it 10 full wipes and as well Character wipes every other day, until then!.. srsly.. makes lil difference in the long run 😛

6 hours ago, Realist said:

Megas? seriously? A 25 active guys company is a Mega? Because that's what the biggest companies have really been for a very long time. If you actually listened to what dollie said, instead of trying to push your own agenda, you'd understand that even though they are well aware of the issues the game has,  they are a small studio and they don't have a huge staff to cover all of them quickly.

9 hours ago, Realist said:

I think you've mistaken my meaning.  Why would anyone be loyal to the developers?  It's not "loyalty" that keeps people around.  The people who stay do so because they like the idea and the potential of the game, and are hoping the game becomes what they want it to be.

There's a few of us that post comments here from two different perspectives - one from the personal player's view of what we want to see, and another from whatever we imagine the industry viewpoint to be.   While I understand from the developer's point of view that certain actions make business sense or techinical sense, from a player's point of view, I just want what I want.  In the end, if they can't produce that, I stop being a player.

Some of us are more clear than others about when we're posting our personal wishes for the game and when we're talking about the development environment and the industry in general.

• Like 1