Sign in to follow this  
Tezcatlipoca

Taxation

Back on my Island on the PTR and... yes, its already claimed. There is now also 30% tax over the entire island. So, without any option to avoid the tax or even to claim my own area, i want to know what i will get in return for that? 

Shut up, filthy slave ! The reward is, that your slaver comes along once a day to take your girl and demolish your house.

You are lucky, most slavers take 50% tax from you, just like your RL government.

Please consider the Empire server which is for free pirates on free islands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Iam a PVE player... 

All i want is my own small claim, that keeps a safe distance between me and all other asholes out there. its ok for an outpost to pay tax, but not for my homebase. also friendly neightbors are welcome, after knowing them. 

Superfun if you build somewhere with ok taxes and the Slavemaster decides to change it at some point. The fact that they even raised that crappy system from 30 to 50% shows how disconnected they are from their own game. I guess it doesnt matter much if you are used to console commands.

if they raise the tax to 50% that would be your least problem... if they decide to do that they will foundation wipe you off the island...

1 hour ago, lordkhan4444 said:

try tundra or polar I see some still available there on pvp anyway

Too many missing resources on these islands.  Meanwhile, the islands the large Companies will tend to get, have every resource on them, except maybe one.  Huge advantage.

This game has serious imbalance issues.

4 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Too many missing resources on these islands.  Meanwhile, the islands the large Companies will tend to get, have every resource on them, except maybe one.  Huge advantage.

This game has serious imbalance issues.

If only the caps would be honored, then this would not be a problem, but more of a "hard core" gaming style: small company on small island, needs to travel to get resources, which I am fine with.

I do not want or need many security measures that classical MMO tends to have other than this ORP, if the devs would enforce the zerg cap.

10 hours ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

Iam a PVE player... 

All i want is my own small claim, that keeps a safe distance between me and all other asholes out there. its ok for an outpost to pay tax, but not for my homebase. also friendly neightbors are welcome, after knowing them. 

The important thing to remember is that the server will be wiped in 1 or 2 weeks. That is not a maybe it is a 100% guarantee since it is a test server.

having said that, it would be good to prepare yourself for after the wipe and the server goes live. You are going to need to get there very quickly. The reason for this is obvious, you didn’t get your island this time.

so now you need to hone your skills and practice the perfect spawn points to build up and be able to travel the fastest. Spend your time studying spawns. They might be mixed up after the wipe but study the layout of the islands.

by doing that you can be the first to your island next time. But for now just don’t worry about it because it will be wiped soon. Now it the time to prepare 

18 hours ago, gnihar said:

If only the caps would be honored, then this would not be a problem, but more of a "hard core" gaming style: small company on small island, needs to travel to get resources, which I am fine with.

I do not want or need many security measures that classical MMO tends to have other than this ORP, if the devs would enforce the zerg cap.

Once again, it is about time.  When a game is largely about production, and one group can produce fast, while another needs days to get accomplished what the other did in hours, then there is a game breaking imbalance.

It would be one thing to classify the resources into groups based on what they are used for, and then make sure that all islands were equally lacking, but to have islands where you can quickly get built up, while another island, you don't even have what is needed to build the basics...that is a game breaking imbalance.  Furthermore is how unrealistic the resource distribution is.  For instance, why do you need sugar to make fur armor?  Absolutely ludicrous.  People on Earth, living in arctic areas, would have gone extinct had they had to travel to get sugar to make fur clothing to keep themselves warm.  So many weird and wonky things with the game, like animals all over an island, but they can't properly breed and raise babies there?  Dumb beyond reason.

3 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Once again, it is about time.  When a game is largely about production, and one group can produce fast, while another needs days to get accomplished what the other did in hours, then there is a game breaking imbalance.

It would be one thing to classify the resources into groups based on what they are used for, and then make sure that all islands were equally lacking, but to have islands where you can quickly get built up, while another island, you don't even have what is needed to build the basics...that is a game breaking imbalance.  Furthermore is how unrealistic the resource distribution is.  For instance, why do you need sugar to make fur armor?  Absolutely ludicrous.  People on Earth, living in arctic areas, would have gone extinct had they had to travel to get sugar to make fur clothing to keep themselves warm.  So many weird and wonky things with the game, like animals all over an island, but they can't properly breed and raise babies there?  Dumb beyond reason.

Yes, you do not need gems to make silver either yet here is the gem requirement, and indeed it's quite pesky that many eastern temperate islands are lacking enough of them to start serious production for example.

I am fine with some non essentials lacking, but when someone gimps me so that I can't pop alloys at all if I am small, then it might indeed be a problem. 

One should be able to make essential things like alloys on every island. Only the quantity should be bigger on bigger ones, and it is okay that fights are about the bigger ones.

• Like 1